Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-09-2004, 01:09 PM   #1
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Interested playing in a MP league

I have been playing with FOF for a little bit, I like it, and I am interested in joining a MP, however, I would need a league where there is someone willing to assist me in getting myself situated and how they work.

Any leagues out here like this? Or anyone willing to assist me in understanding how this is handled?

Thanks

MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 01:15 PM   #2
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Dennis,

I help the ImperialFL as an assistant and we are glad to serve all types of MP players, experienced or not. I can walk you through anything that you may need help with. We use fictional teams and players. We've just finished the first part of free agency and are in the middle of our first amateur draft. Chances are that we will have an opening very soon. PM me if you'd like some more info.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 01:16 PM   #3
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorsoccersim
I have been playing with FOF for a little bit, I like it, and I am interested in joining a MP, however, I would need a league where there is someone willing to assist me in getting myself situated and how they work.

Any leagues out here like this? Or anyone willing to assist me in understanding how this is handled?

Thanks

The NAFL has just had an opening today, as a matter of fact, and I was about to post in the multiplayer forum. We use real teams and real rosters, and we're just in the seventh week of our first season.

Take a look at the link in my signature. That's our league main page, and there's a link on that to our message board. If you're interested, just let me know. You can PM here or on our forum. You can e-mail or you can just respond here.

If our league looks like something you'd enjoy, I'd be happy to walk you through everything. It's not difficult.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:17 PM   #4
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

I should also note that we are one of the few (and maybe the only) league that sims one week's worth of games each weekend. It's a nice pace to start off with and it really helps with immersion. Guys really end up getting pumped for their next game each week.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 01:30 PM   #5
Suicane75
Coordinator

I 2nd what Sov said. IFL was my first league and the slow pace of things really helped me A) Get used to MP and B) Really get immersed in the league/team.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 01:45 PM   #6
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

The HFL just started the 1971 season. Whoot!
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 02:05 PM   #7
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I told myself I was going to stop selling, since the FCFL is about to start, but since someone asked, I'll pimp my own league, then to be fair, list the other leagues I'm in:

The FCFL starts *tonight* -- the deadline is 9 PM Central, but I might be out later than that, so people might get to sneak in their files. I've got quite a bit of MP experience, so I think I know what I'm doing, and I think others in the league will vouch that I offer my assistance as much as possible. The league is far from traditional in that it tries to simulate college football, within the FOF environment. There's a lot of good ideas floating around (at least, I think so), and it should be a lot of fun! There are still openings, so if you're interested, let me know!

Slightly less experimental is the HFL. That league started with 1970 rosters, but used a preference draft to split the players up. We just finished Week 1 of 1971, after using a draft file with the 1971 draft class, created by the FOF Historical Project. The league has an EXCELLENT commissioner in Thul.

The most traditional league I'm in is the eNFL. We started in the present, using real players on their real teams. We're just starting the 5th season, in the process of hiring scouts and coaches. That league also has an EXCELLENT commissioner, TredWel.

Web sites for all three leagues can be located at the front page, www.sportplanet.com/fof/ (Thanks again, SkyDog!)
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote