Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-17-2004, 03:08 PM   #1
korme
Go Reds

CD Information Read on Car Stereo

Ok, I own a Pioneer cd deck, so when I get in the car and throw in some CDs, usually NO TITLE comes up for each song.. only my burned Postal Service cd seems to have all the information. Now, I can put in each cd and title them manually right from the cd deck, but I know there's gotta be a way to do it on the computer.. any ideas?

korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 03:10 PM   #2
hukarez
College Starter

IIRC, the 'properties' of each file would have their information filled in. Not sure if you're referring about .MP3s, but that's the way I did it for mine. It was actually a bit cumbersome, having to do that to each particular file, but it worked out fine for me in the end. Come to think of it, I haven't changed out my CD in 2 years...
Filipino Martial Arts Digest
tweet tweet twitter
hukarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 03:10 PM   #3
DeToxRox
Head Coach

i have no clue but i'll guess..

.. can't you put them in your cd's e drive, open it up through your control panel and type in the info there?
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 03:23 PM   #4
Router Help

I'm assuming this is a regular audio cd and not an mp3 cd.

When making a CD manufacturers can add what is known as CD-Text to the CD. This CD-Text can hold track name, artist names, and images relative to the CD. Regular CD players can't see this data so it doesn't impact their ability to play the CD at all.

There are 3 ways that I see this data could have appeared on your Postal Service CD.

1. It was made that way by the manufacturer, and when you copied the CD from the original this data was copied as well.

2. If you copied this from an original CD, but the CD wasn't made with this data, then it is possible that when you put the CD in your drive to be copied/played, your software went out to one of the numerous free databases out on the web and got the correct info. When you burned it, the software then put all this info in the right place.

3. If you burned this from MP3s, it is possible that your burning software could have taken the data from the MP3 ID fields and put it in the correct space.
Router Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 03:26 PM   #5
Router Help

Dola,

I guess I should answer your question. Most software supports CD-Text, and I know the latest version of Nero does. Your burner has to support it, but yours obviously does.

Last edited by Router Help : 11-17-2004 at 03:26 PM.
Old 11-17-2004, 03:27 PM   #6
Swaggs
Coordinator

If you have a legitimate CD and legitimate player (like Jukebox) on your computer, you can usually use the player download the information for you.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 03:48 PM   #7
korme
Go Reds

yea, swaggs, i have done that, to no avail.

for example, i slide in james taylor greatest hits, musicmatch jukebox finds a match and on my laptop it displays all the titles... yet when i put it back in the cd player in the car it still says NO TITLE.. is that because it's not saving the information to my cd?
Old 11-17-2004, 03:53 PM   #8
Router Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281

for example, i slide in james taylor greatest hits, musicmatch jukebox finds a match and on my laptop it displays all the titles... yet when i put it back in the cd player in the car it still says NO TITLE.. is that because it's not saving the information to my cd?

Correct. CD-Text has to be enabled in your software when you actually burn the CD.
Old 11-17-2004, 03:55 PM   #9
korme
Go Reds

well i'm not trying to burn any cds, i'm talking about the cds i currently own.. any way?
Old 11-17-2004, 03:57 PM   #10
Router Help

If they are store bought CDs, the only way that text is going to be on there is if it was made that way. Otherwise a reburn is required.
Old 11-17-2004, 03:58 PM   #11
korme
Go Reds

unfortunate
Old 11-17-2004, 04:01 PM   #12
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Winamp can do this for you...
Old 11-17-2004, 04:02 PM   #13
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:

Musicmatch is getting the information from the internet. Your computer can't. If you ripped the CD to your computer and then burned it to a CD-r that would possibly allow the CD player in your car to show the titles. Try it out.

Of course I think it's more effective to just get a MP3 playing CD deck in your car if you have a coule hundred bucks. I have a sweet system with Kenwood Excelon deck that plays MP3 cds, and also I have a Keg, which is a MP3 hard drive system for my truck that holds 10 gigs (I can get a larger hard drive) of MP3s. I have 120 CDs in my truck for my listening pleasure.

http://www.phatnoise.com - company that manufactures Kenwood's Keg.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 04:11 PM   #14
korme
Go Reds

ahem, mine is a mp3 player as well, it's still doesn't fix my current problem at hand.. but i guess nothing will. thanks guys
Old 11-17-2004, 04:14 PM   #15
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
ahem, mine is a mp3 player as well, it's still doesn't fix my current problem at hand.. but i guess nothing will. thanks guys

Dude rip them to MP3s, less CDs to carry around.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote