Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-15-2004, 09:12 PM   #1
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

How much do you love or hate you leader?

These pictures are from today in Venezuela, for the recall vote on Presidente Chavez.

I could not imagine people doing this in the U.S. not matter how much they say they love or hate Bush, or Clinton, or Reagan before that. People are waiting in line for hours, I have read from 2 or 3 up to 7 hours in some places. They have twice moved back the closing of the polling stations, first to 8 pm, now to midnight. Of course people have died on both sides of this arguement, so I guess waiting in line a few hours is not a big deal to them right now........

Cringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 09:13 PM   #2
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

and

Last edited by Cringer : 08-15-2004 at 09:16 PM.
Cringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 07:29 AM   #3
Yossarian
High School Varsity

Some folk in the UK go bananas over the royal family.

I think "huh?"

From my point of view, the ONLY things they do to benifit the country are:
* help ease the pain of some sick folk who appreciate the attention from the royals
* provide SOME increased tourism in an implicit way (part of the UK quaint image)
* oh... thats it.

on the other hand they are so up themselves, they take our tax money, they get to lead an amazing life for doing (really) fuck all and act like its their right.

grrrr

Eddie Izzard suggests we keep royalty but that we vote in a new king and queen every year. That way we keep the 'visit the uk cause of the royals' thing but we level the playing field and make the royal thing much more fair and representative of the public's opinion.

all that crap over diana dying was freaking insane.

it was a tragedy that she died so young with a family etc. but no more so than any of the other thousands of young mothers that die.

Last edited by Yossarian : 08-16-2004 at 07:29 AM.
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 12:38 PM   #4
Passacaglia
Coordinator

The leader is good,
the leader is great,
we surrender our will,
as of this date!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 12:44 PM   #5
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian
Some folk in the UK go bananas over the royal family.

I think "huh?"

From my point of view, the ONLY things they do to benifit the country are:
* help ease the pain of some sick folk who appreciate the attention from the royals
* provide SOME increased tourism in an implicit way (part of the UK quaint image)
* oh... thats it.

on the other hand they are so up themselves, they take our tax money, they get to lead an amazing life for doing (really) fuck all and act like its their right.

grrrr

Eddie Izzard suggests we keep royalty but that we vote in a new king and queen every year. That way we keep the 'visit the uk cause of the royals' thing but we level the playing field and make the royal thing much more fair and representative of the public's opinion.

all that crap over diana dying was freaking insane.

it was a tragedy that she died so young with a family etc. but no more so than any of the other thousands of young mothers that die.

I don't know many mothers who were the Humanitatirans (not sure if I spelled it right) that Diana was. In the states, celebrities are the "Royal Family" to us.
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote