Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-25-2004, 02:45 PM   #1
rexallllsc
Banned

NCAA 2005: Sliders

Anyone found good sliders yet?

I play on AA, but I see too many dropped balls and the computer still sucks @ running. Anything working for you guys?

rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 02:52 PM   #2
Anthony
Banned

i can't take the poor passing. i play on AA too, but i feel like i'm cheating if i take the defensive awareness off.

i also hate online gaming now, i think i've come to that conclusion. i've mentioned this before, but i had a lot of online games this week (especially in NBA Live 2004). everyone plays to win, not ever to play realistically. in Live its ALL fastbreaks. no half court game. i'm tired of it.

it might also be i suck at video games. i think i lost my touch. i have both PS2 and XBox, and i've decided its time to get rid of one, and start incorporating other hobbies in my life. i used to be real good at video games, now the only nejoyment i get out of them is when i'm playing with the guys. online gaming has soured me on video games.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 02:53 PM   #3
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
it might also be i suck at video games.
I'm thinking that's your problem right there.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 02:59 PM   #4
Anthony
Banned

VPI owns me in NCAA. i felt bad though, the last time we played he was whipping me good, so i wanted to concede the victory. by accident i selected "friendly quit", but when you do that the other guy doesn't get the credit for the win.

i was dumbfounded in how to play him.

Last edited by Anthony : 07-25-2004 at 02:59 PM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 03:19 PM   #5
rexallllsc
Banned

Yeah...I used to be pretty good, too...but all my friends have caught me and routinely kick my ass. hehe.

I don't play online because it's a bit too much of a hassle for me...
Old 07-25-2004, 04:23 PM   #6
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Haven't tried these yet, but the consenus is they are the best out there and most people are getting great games with these. From the slider pro, Jistic.

Quote:
Update time. You know the drill. Addressed in this version. CPU running game, there actually is one now, Human running game, harder to run but still very doable, interceptions increased SLIGHTLY. Great game I just had, Arkansas optioned me pretty well with over 30 carries and 200 yards rushing. Had 3 sacks, CPU 2, 2 fumbles, 2 INT's. Very pleased with these but will await your results...

Jistic's version 2 AA sliders
Level: AA
Time: 9 min qtrs.
Sub out/in: 80%/85%

(Human listed first, all tweaks made from extreme left or '0'. Max would be 20)

Human/CPU

Offense
Accuracy 20/20
Pass Blk 20/15
Catch 20/20
RB Abl 12/13
Run Blk 10/18

Defense
Awareness 0/0
Knockdown 0/0
Int 3/5
Break Blk 9/10
Tackle 5/5

S. Teams
FG Length 10/10
FG ACC 10/10
P Length 11/11
Punt Acc 11/10
KO Length 10/10

I've added penalties and these are actually working good. There is only 10 'clicks' for penalties so remember far left is '0' but far right is '10'. I don't remember the penalty names but just add this in order and it will be fine.

10 (this is a MUST, it helps the CPU passing game)
1 (i like my celebrations, adjust to taste)

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 08:09 PM   #7
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

The only change I have is I play on 8 min quarters, other than that.. I'm loving this game now and I'm glad I didn't take it back.

They feel about perfect and my dynasty is on. Also, now that a good set of sliders are out there, I'm having more fun than playing ESPN.

Todd

Last edited by MizzouRah : 07-25-2004 at 08:10 PM.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:33 PM   #8
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
The only change I have is I play on 8 min quarters, other than that.. I'm loving this game now and I'm glad I didn't take it back.

They feel about perfect and my dynasty is on. Also, now that a good set of sliders are out there, I'm having more fun than playing ESPN.

Todd

Make up your mind already! Glad you're still working with this game, I'll have to give it a shot with the new sliders.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 09:16 PM   #9
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Just beat Illinois 38-13 in a good game. They came out on fire, but I sustained an initial drive and scored on a 66 yard TD, which turned the tide forever.

Todd
Old 07-25-2004, 09:23 PM   #10
UdderlySexyCows
n00b

Ugh, I start with these sliders, and I suck now. I've been playing ESPN for a week though, so hopefully it's just that I'm not used to it. That, and my run game sucks badly, even with Wisconsin's O-Line and Anthony Davis. Oh well, looks like it'll be a long night of getting back up to speed.
UdderlySexyCows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 09:24 PM   #11
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Todd

These sliders somehow made the opposing QB pass for a better completion percentage?

If so, I can't wait to try them (although I'm about to start my ESPN franchise)

Edit: Looking them over, I see several things which could help. How are the opposing passing percentages in your games?

I'll try them out in my dynasty later tonight or tomorrow

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-25-2004 at 09:26 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 09:34 PM   #12
UdderlySexyCows
n00b

My DBs are getting eaten up right now, although some of that could be attributed to my lack of play calling skill. It still seems like the QBs pass for a higher % than before though. The AI run game actually exists too.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:45 PM   #13
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

It's you USC!

The other team's passing % was 45% in my last game, but hey.. my defense is the shizzle.

I had 479 total yards offense against Illinios, and I'm getting ready to play Arkansas St.

I'm so happy with these settings thus far. Although I might be a little too confident. We'll see.....

Todd
Old 07-25-2004, 10:30 PM   #14
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

At half, Ark St.'s qb is 14/23 for 216 yards.

Todd
Old 07-25-2004, 10:48 PM   #15
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sweet! Not for your team, but for the video game as a whole
Old 07-25-2004, 11:28 PM   #16
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

He finished at 50% and beat my secondary to hell. I won 35-23, but it was one hell of a game. I had to play smart just to stay afloat in this game. The combo of Smith and Nash was just too much for the Ark St. defense. I'm #21 in the nation now!

Todd
Old 07-25-2004, 11:30 PM   #17
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Congrats!
Old 07-25-2004, 11:42 PM   #18
UdderlySexyCows
n00b

Well, I was up on Arkansas State 28-16 with the sliders, and was really falling in love with them. Then though, of course I have to get a DDE. I suppose it's better than last week when I couldn't finish a quarter with them, the compressed air really helped. Oh well, sprayed it again and I'm back to it.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:25 AM   #19
Kodos
Resident Alien

Have people decided that the overdone home field advantage isn't too bad with these sliders?
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 02:33 AM   #20
Sharpieman
Greatly Missed. (7/11/84-06/12/05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdderlySexyCows
Well, I was up on Arkansas State 28-16 with the sliders, and was really falling in love with them. Then though, of course I have to get a DDE. I suppose it's better than last week when I couldn't finish a quarter with them, the compressed air really helped. Oh well, sprayed it again and I'm back to it.
Whats a DDE?
Is it a Read Disc Error?
If it is, I have a great way to make your PS2 work without ever getting Read Disc Error again. If your not posting about it, sorry, I must sound like a raving lunatic.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:40 AM   #21
Sharpieman

dola, I'm about to try these sliders in a new dynasty. Lets see how they work.

Also, does anyone know any good sliders for ESPN??
Old 07-26-2004, 02:46 AM   #22
rexallllsc
Banned

Those sliders are solid. I tuned some of the penalties down, and the 20's for catching, etc. down to 17...
Old 07-26-2004, 06:21 AM   #23
Sharpieman

WOW! These sliders are great. I just got finished playing my first game with them and got a greatest game score of 476! With about 3:35 mins left I drove my Stanford about 80+ yards down to the 12 yrd line against the Washington Huskies. With :13 sec on the clock and 0 timeouts left I ran a play with my #1 WR going on a fade route into the endzone and my second WR running a slant about 3 yrds short of the goal line. My QB went back to pass, I looked for my #1 WR in the corner of the endzone, wasnt open...I turned and fired one into my #2 WR 2 yrds short of the goal line and SLAM!!! I gets ripped big time by the opposing MLB. We lose the game as time runs out, 31-27.

Although I lost, it was a great game back and forth the whole time. My QB passed for 248 yds with 1 td and 1 int and a completion % of 58. I took out their QB out in the 3rd quarter and they had to put a redshirt freshman in. He did quite well by going 4-7 with 115 and 1td and 1int. The stars of the game were my RB who on 23 carries ran for 143 yards and 2 tds. And of course, their MVP was their MLB #35 who had 13 tackles 1 for a loss, 1 sack and 1 int.

Heres how the scoring went:
1st quarter: 17-7 Washington with the lead because of a fumble and an Int they got 10 points off of.
2nd quarter: 7-6 Washington, I had 2 FG as I couldn't get into the endzone
3rd quarter: 7-0 Stanford, topped the drive off with a 3 yard run.
4th quarter: I got into the endzone with 4:16 left on the clock. Somehow, they came right back with a 69 yd bomb and went up by 4. And then history happened...

I shake my head over and over because of bad clock management. I think I ran it 3 times on the last drive because I had 3 timeouts. I had to use one of them after I was called for a holding play on the 2nd to last play of the game. It pushed me back to 3rd and 11. If there was no holding on the play I would have had the ball on the 4 yd line!
Oh well, at least I can say that I have played the best console game of my life.

Last edited by Sharpieman : 07-26-2004 at 06:24 AM.
Sharpieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 07:35 AM   #24
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
Have people decided that the overdone home field advantage isn't too bad with these sliders?

Yep, HFA plays fine now with these sliders... and I'm thinking 8 min quarter seem just about perfect as well.

Todd
Old 07-26-2004, 08:13 AM   #25
Sharpieman

I just played my second game with these sliders...result, 54 yard field goal with 9 seconds left to beat Cal 20-17 and take home the Axe. I got a greatest game score of 343. BTW, I suggest turning down the penalties just a bit. I turned clipping down to 6 and Holding down to 8 as well as pass inference down to 8 on human and cpu. Also, instead of turning down catching to 17, I turned down QB accuracy down to 17. I found that at 20, my WR still drop a lot of passes, so for human and cpu I turned down QB accuracy to 17. These sliders are great, just need a little tweaking.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:21 PM   #26
ahbrady
High School JV

I have been playing on the Varsity level with the sliders close to what were posted in another thread on here and getting decent results in most games. I felt like I was cheating by using the Varsity level though, so I wanted to try out these All-American sliders, and it seems like the CPU does better on the Varsity level. At least it has in my exeriences. I tried these sliders out in a game of my created school that was ranked 66th against Florida State who was ranked 3rd. My QB was 2-9, but I'm okay with that. I try to throw as little as possible. I have an option QB that is pretty fast but isn't that great of a passing QB. Florida State's QB was 5-23 for 21 yards. I was disappointed by that. My defense didn't deflect many passes either, I think it was 4 deflections. Their punter was 1-1 for 12 yards though. I was pretty content with the rest of the game. The running game seemed to be fairly realistic. I struggled some and had some success, but I just can't get the passing game to work out right for me.
ahbrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 02:07 PM   #27
MacroGuru
Coordinator

OK, so the question is, are you guys joystick jockeying or playing coach mode?

I am beginning to hate this game more than anything, as I can't do shit with Jistic Sliders on varsity. I guess it could be a sign of a good game, except for the wide open dropped passes.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:17 PM   #28
Kodos
Resident Alien

These are joystick sliders, not coach mode.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 04:44 PM   #29
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorsoccersim
OK, so the question is, are you guys joystick jockeying or playing coach mode?

I am beginning to hate this game more than anything, as I can't do shit with Jistic Sliders on varsity. I guess it could be a sign of a good game, except for the wide open dropped passes.

I am finding that my enjoyment of the game has improved immensely since holding down the Y button after my quarterback releases the ball. I can actually complete a decent number of passes with that move and the receivers drop far fewer passes.

I used Jistic's varsity sliders with a 2 star Clemson team I took over after simming through five seasons to get the number-names out. We managed to go 11-2 and finished 4th and 7th in the media and coaches' polls. I think I'm going to have to kick the difficulty up to AA. I'm finding that this game is forcing me to think football (most of the time) rather than calling money plays all the time. There are still a few money plays on varsity that work pretty frequently though and the long bombs can still be ridiculous. But after disliking the game for the first few days, it has grown on me.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 04:50 PM   #30
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Excuse my ignorance, but what does holding down the y button after the snap do for you? Isn't that the button used to tuck the ball in and run with the QB?
Old 07-26-2004, 04:54 PM   #31
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I hold down Y after the QB releases the ball when passing. Why this works I'm not completely sure. I had heard that it allows the user to control the receiver and attempt to make the catch, but that doesn't make any sense because I don't see any control being handed to me. So I don't really have an answer, but I know that it has made my passing game more effective.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 05:02 PM   #32
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Hmmm, I will give that a shot. In past installments I always let the AI do the catching, but this year I have found myself taking control of the receiver (by pressing a) and then trying to make the play myself (by pressing y) Seems to help a bit.

Last edited by mrsimperless : 07-26-2004 at 05:02 PM.
mrsimperless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 05:48 PM   #33
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Thats another issue I have.

I always play the DE, and rush the QB, and when he throws the ball, and I switch control to the DB, it stops me completely, so I actually end up getting fried when I was in great coverage. I have to learn to stop switching.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:51 PM   #34
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpieman
I just played my second game with these sliders...result, 54 yard field goal with 9 seconds left to beat Cal 20-17 and take home the Axe. I got a greatest game score of 343. BTW, I suggest turning down the penalties just a bit. I turned clipping down to 6 and Holding down to 8 as well as pass inference down to 8 on human and cpu. Also, instead of turning down catching to 17, I turned down QB accuracy down to 17. I found that at 20, my WR still drop a lot of passes, so for human and cpu I turned down QB accuracy to 17. These sliders are great, just need a little tweaking.

Funny, I don't see hardly any penalties and though about turning them all up to 100%.

Todd
Old 07-26-2004, 05:57 PM   #35
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Where can I find Jistic's Sliders online?
Old 07-26-2004, 05:59 PM   #36
Sharpieman

Quote:
Funny, I don't see hardly any penalties and though about turning them all up to 100%.

Todd
I guess its different for everyone, you just need to tweak things towards the way your game plays
Old 07-26-2004, 06:06 PM   #37
Easy Mac

I've played 10 games and have yet to see a penalty other than celebration against the CPU.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 04:34 AM   #38
Z²+
High School JV

I finally got my dynasty started and played my first game with the AA sliders listed above. My Pitt team at USF, losing 31-17. Rotating my quarterbacks in true Walt Harris fashion, my two QB's combine for 18/31 307 yds with 2 TDs and 1 INT. USF QB kills my secondary, 16/21 352 yds with 4 TDs and no INTs. I'm not sure if this is an indication that both secondaries were horrendous, or if I need to tone down the Accuracy/Catch or turn up the Knockdowns/Awareness/INT. Adjusting for sack losses, I rushed 21 times for 126 yards and no TDs (usually I would run more and control the clock, but I found myself down two scores much of the game and had to resort to the air). USF rushed 16 times for 40 yards (they ran most of the game from the shotgun - not sure if this is their team philosophy or if they just recognized I sucked against the pass). All in all, an entertaining game (8 min quarters, AA for the record). Disapointed with the result, but in a way happy. The last 2 versions, I would never lose a game against a team like USF - my only losses seemed to be against VTech and/or Miami, and in bowl games. Granted, Pitt isn't as strong this year as in past years, and this is the first time I've really used sliders this far from default. I like that I might have to struggle to win some games and make a bowl. I fear though, if this game was any indication of my secondary, that wins might be few and far between.

I'll update as I tinker with the sliders (if you've actually made it to this point and still retain some level of interest with my post).

P-I-T-T Let's go Pitt!

Last edited by Z²+ : 07-27-2004 at 04:37 AM.
Z²+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 10:31 AM   #39
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:

I'm so happy with these settings thus far. Although I might be a little too confident. We'll see.....

Todd

Todd,

This is great to see. Since I was so unhappy with the CPU's passing numbers, I haven't picked up NCAA since two days after purchase. I used Jistic's Varsity sliders and they helped a little, but I still felt empty about the game. I can't wait to get back home and try these new AA sliders out. I know it's probably sacrilege, but I'm ready to come home from Las Vegas and play again.

If you have any more impressions, I'd love to hear them!
CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 12:52 PM   #40
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
Todd,

This is great to see. Since I was so unhappy with the CPU's passing numbers, I haven't picked up NCAA since two days after purchase. I used Jistic's Varsity sliders and they helped a little, but I still felt empty about the game. I can't wait to get back home and try these new AA sliders out. I know it's probably sacrilege, but I'm ready to come home from Las Vegas and play again.

If you have any more impressions, I'd love to hear them!

Well, I'm 3-0 with the Mizzou Tigers, which I should be. The only thing that strikes me odd thus far is my running game. Damian Nash is averaging like 6.8 ypc and running seems a tad too easy for me so far, although I'll reserve judgement after I play a good team.. maybe the week after Ball St., which is Colorado.

Troy St. was tough, but the combo of Brad Smith and Nash is just too much for a team to handle so far in my dynasty.

I would like to hear what you think when you get back.. I go on vacation this Friday, so hopefully I can get a game or two in before I leave.

Todd
Old 07-28-2004, 12:59 PM   #41
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I played a couple games with those sliders the running game is a little too easy but I dropped my RB Ability and Run Block sliders. Haven't had a chance to try them after the adjustments.

Game 1 was Florida (me) at Florida State and I ran for a good 150 yards.
Game 2 was Arizona (me) vs N. Arizona and I ran for over 300 yards as a team.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 01:11 PM   #42
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm going to resume my NCAA dynasty today or tomorrow trying these sliders as well. I'll post my impressions once I've played a few games with them
Old 07-28-2004, 02:22 PM   #43
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
I've played 10 games and have yet to see a penalty other than celebration against the CPU.

how do you celebrate after a play? I cant seem to control it. it either happens or doesnt.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:26 PM   #44
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac

That's amazing. I see like 3 or 4 holding penalties every quarter.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 06:41 PM   #45
OldSchool
High School Varsity

Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
i also hate online gaming now.

My stint in MMORPGs convinced me that a good 85% of the people you meet in online gaming are utter fucktards.
OldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 06:55 PM   #46
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool
My stint in MMORPGs convinced me that a good 85% of the people you meet in online gaming are utter fucktards.

Agreed. The only online game that you can really play right now with sensible people are the text sim online leagues. Everything else is cluttered with immature people who don't know how to play right. Thats why getting ESPN/NCAA leagues together are so important.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 07:20 PM   #47
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I'm really enjoying my Varsity sliders. Tired of 30% completion rates, and on Varsity the QB's seem to connect a bit better. And contrary to last year, you can keep interceptions down and rushing up. I'm lovin' it!
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 12:27 AM   #48
CraigSca
Pro Starter

What varsity sliders are these, Mota? I was under the impression that the new AA sliders by Jistic were the be-all end-all...
CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 12:50 AM   #49
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I played two games with Jistic's AA sliders, and although the passing games for me and the CPU got better, the CPU's running game seemed to get worse. Of course, I'll need to play more games to be sure, but that's my only complaint about them right now.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:03 AM   #50
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I played two games with Jistic's AA sliders, and although the passing games for me and the CPU got better, the CPU's running game seemed to get worse. Of course, I'll need to play more games to be sure, but that's my only complaint about them right now.

That doesn't surprise me. These sliders are not as reved up for CPU running or blocking. I wonder if you can put those back where the other sliders had it and not lose the improved passing game?