Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-18-2004, 10:45 AM   #1
Dutch
"Dutch"

OT: Texas Hold'Em Unbelievable Moment

Last night at our bi-weekly tourney, I am dealt 2 Queens. (Club and Spade). The flop is 10, J, A of Diamonds. The turn card is another Jack. The river is the King of Diamonds.

I have already committed massive ammounts of money towards my 2 Queens. So I continue to bet aggressively. I know a diamond will sink me, but I've got the straight. I can't quit with an Ace high straight.

This lady and I do our final betting and show our cards. She drops the Queen of Diamonds on the table! A royal fucking flush! (I'm still mad that I had 2 queens in my hand....talk about good odds not helping.)

The next round, after the tables are juggled and the ante increased, A 10, J, Q, K, A of Spades could have been played but the competition all folded!

What the hell? The ample ammount of flops that showed up as one suit was particularly unusual for the entire night.

Could this have been a case of bad shuffling or just plain dumb luck?

Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 10:52 AM   #2
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch

The next round, after the tables are juggled and the ante increased, A 10, J, Q, K, A of Spades could have been played but the competition all folded!

What the hell? The ample ammount of flops that showed up as one suit was particularly unusual for the entire night.

Could this have been a case of bad shuffling or just plain dumb luck?

Running into the royal on the previous hand was bad luck, but I don't know what you mean here.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 10:59 AM   #3
Dutch
"Dutch"

There just 'appeared' to be a lot of one suit flops. It seemed out of the ordinary. I kind of wanted to blame it on bad shuffling...but I admit, that's a reach.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 02:13 PM   #4
Vince
Pro Starter

I think he's just talking about the possibility of two royal flushes in one sitting being quite low.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote