Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-06-2004, 04:08 PM   #1
MacroGuru
Coordinator

My little thread to vent

Alright,

So, I am in charge of a data management project in my company that is crucial to our B2B relationship with our largest partner (responsible for 2/3rds of our income).

Anyways, the partner at first did not want to provide us with the data needed, this completely shut down certain aspects of our company.

Well, we received the data, in a format that was fine for everyone except for accounting, so we had to go back to the partner and ask for it a bit differently. This all came down over the holiday weekend.

So on Sunday, a new sales VP sent an email to our CEO basically blaming the lack of numbers on the data I am in charge of. This is after I sent an email to all major people involved in this data.

Well, anyway, you know how it is, shit roll downs hill and I am sitting at the bottom with a shovel and a wheel barrow cleaning it all up.

So I get the process resolved, and get our SQL DBA to start working on the solution to modify and get the data into our DB as is so everyone will be happy. So at 10 am MST he agrees to the job, and allocates 4 hours until he is done.

Well, he took off for 3 hours. No one knows where, when and how. Just left. This is after my boss and his boss VP and CIO both made commitments on it.

Well, here I sit 5 hours later, no data, and the entire corporation breathing down my neck. I would do the SQL work myself, but I would be stepping on toes and pissing a few people off.

Anyways, had to vent. Had to get it out.

You may proceed with the regularly scheduled message board perusings or vent here as well.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 07-06-2004 at 04:13 PM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 04:15 PM   #2
IMetTrentGreen
College Prospect

my driver dented one of my bentleys today. he ran it into one of my golden statues of myself. i had him shot. so i know what you're going through
IMetTrentGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 04:53 PM   #3
Suicane75
Coordinator

Solid
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 05:02 PM   #4
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Thanks for the laught Trent.