Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-25-2004, 11:41 AM   #1
MJ4H
Coordinator

Pro Evolution Soccer 3 Dynasty

I've finally gotten my hands on a copy of PES3 and it is awesome (though I have to run it in lowest detail even on this 3.0ghz with geforce fx). I really want to try a dynasty with it, and I even tested that it can do screenshots (and it can) so that would make a dynasty even cooler.

So I am looking for some feedback. What type of dynasty would be interesting? A master league dynasty (basically a multi-tiered European league where you start at the bottom and have to negotiate and sign players and move up) or something else like a World Cup (where I take the United States and try to win the World Cup - that would be cool if I even simulated World Cup Qualifying, since that part isn't included in the game I would have to just play out the games as in real life qualifying).

What would you guys like to see? I will put in a screenshot here that is the test I just ran. Donovan scores from a bad angle to put the United State up 2-0 on Croatia in the first half:

MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 11:57 AM   #2
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Cool. WCQ would be neato
Old 06-25-2004, 12:26 PM   #3
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

USA, USA, USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2004, 12:27 PM   #4
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

If you set up WCQ and then a real WC tournament (playing as USA, of course) that would be incredibly fantastic.
Old 06-25-2004, 03:11 PM   #5
MJ4H
Coordinator

Unfortunately I don't think the world cup qualifying idea will really work, because all the teams from CONCACAF are not included in the game. I will start out with just a World Cup with the same group set up as the 2002 World Cup. I will actually play as the United States, include write-ups of the games and screenshots. At least that is the plan. This will be a test dynasty to see how well this works. If it works well I may do a Master League Dynasty or a more in-depth World Cup Dynasty next.
Old 06-25-2004, 04:15 PM   #6
MJ4H
Coordinator

Game 1 is United States vs. Portugal. The other match has Korea vs. Poland.

This is Group D, the fourth group out of 8; each group has 4 teams. Within these 4 groups, each team plays the others one time each. At the end, the top two teams from each group advance to the single elimination round.

An early chance is wasted for Portugal in the 2nd minute as a bad turnover in the US's own end leads to trouble. A fine stop by Keller and the ball is cleared

The United States is supposed to be the counter-attacking team here, but early on the roles are switched. The US builds up at midfield and then gives up another counter-attacking chance which is narrowly kept from being a serious threat in the 8th minute.

Portugal proceeds to carry the play over the next several minutes and gets on the board early on a header by Conceicao in the 17th minute.

A nice chance by Kirovski from McBride forces a save in the 19th minute, but no goal. The rest of the first half is rather uneventful. Portugal is very good on the ball and the United States is having a lot of difficulty keeping them from just dribbling through the defense. Portugal had 4 shots on goal in the first half, the United States 2.

A nice chance for the US in the 58th minute when a O'Brien heads a free kick to an opn Kirovski right in front, but Kirovski fails to get a shot off as traffic converges and the keeper covers.

In the 65th minute, the United States wins a corner. Off the corner, the header is misplayed and comes out to a waiting Hejduk who tries his luck from the corner of the penalty area and beats the keeper in the far upper corner! The US equalizes!

In the 78th minute the US uses a substitution to bring in Claudio Reyna (replacing Mulrooney) for a little spark.

85th minute - Rui Costa wastes a good oppurtunity from just at the top of the box putting it well wide.

Stoppage time - Portugal pressures madly and a rocket off a misclear from the top of the box beats Keller and heads for the back of the net just inside the right post. Cherundolo's head is all that stands in the way and the ball is cleared...

but unfortunately it is cleared to Figo's waiting feet. He beats Keller to the opposite side, and Portugal leads 2-1 in stoppage time.

The whistle blows just after the ensuing kickoff and the United States leaves the field dejectedly, having lost 2-1.

Other scores from around the World Cup:
France 1, Denmark 0
Ireland 2, Cameroon 1
Senegal 1, Uruguay 0
Germany 2, Saudi Arabia 0
Nigeria 1, Sweden 0
Paraguay 3, South Africa 2
England 1, Argentina 1
Spain 1, Slovenia 1
Italy 2, Croatia 1
China 1, Brazil 0 (!)
Mexico 1, Ecuador 1
Costa Rica 1, Turkey 0
Japan 1, Tunisia 0
Poland 1, Korea 0
Belgium 2, Russia 1

Cardozo of Paraguay leads the tournament with 2 goals

Last edited by MJ4H : 06-25-2004 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-25-2004, 06:27 PM   #7
Alf
Pro Starter

Maybe you can make France look good in this competition since we sucked in 2002 WC & sucked again in Euro2004
Old 06-25-2004, 06:30 PM   #8
MJ4H
Coordinator

The second game of the group for the United States is against Poland. Poland is coming off of a win against Korea so they are tied with Portugal for the group lead. The United States has decided to go with a litte bit more offensive formation this time, switching from a 4-4-2 to a 4-3-3. Up front will be McBride, Donovan, and Kirovski. Claudio Reyna and Ernie Stewart will start this game as well as Brad Friedel replacing Keller in net.

28th minute - Friedel makes his first tough save of the day, below. He gets his hands on it, sending it straight up in the air, then leaps to catch it before the waiting Polish attacker can nod it into the net.

34th minute - Poland gets on the board with a long run and finish by Olisadebe. The US defense looked like a slapstick comedy routine trying to stop the solo run.

38th minute - Claudio Reyna gets a yellow card for a viscious tackle at midfield

The first half ends with Poland leading 1-0. Poland had 4 shots on goal, United States only 1. A dismal first half for the US side.

61st minute - Olisadebe gets behind the defense and lofts it over a charging Friedel to give Poland a 2-0 lead.

81st minute - a great counter-attack oppurtunity has Donovan on the finishing end, but putting it just wide of the mark for the US.

86th minute - another good scoring oppurtunity fails as Reyna finds McBride whose header goes wide by a few inches.

The referee ends it with Poland winning the game 2-0. Poland is assured of advancing to the next round with 2 wins. Portugal defeated Korea 1-0 so Portugal also will advance. My run for the World Cup ends with two disappointing defeats.