Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-06-2004, 07:51 PM   #1
thealmighty
Pro Starter

"Let's get it staaarted..." Sopranos Finale in 10 minutes (central)

The Sopranos season finale is about to start. I never really watched the show before this season and, to tell you the un-American truth, found it to be somewhat dull and idiotic. However, it has been getting better so, hopefully, tonight will be a blast (no pun intended).

thealmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 09:06 PM   #2
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

I'm amazed at the fact some people think this season is BETTER.... When in all honesty if you missed the 1st, 2nd and a little bit of the 3rd, you really missed most the good stuff.

It's really dragged this season, most of it has seemed like filler more than anything.

The finale wasn't so bad, not spectacular, but not bad.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 09:26 PM   #3
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deattribution
The finale wasn't so bad, not spectacular, but not bad.

My thoughts exactly.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 10:01 PM   #4
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

It's been Tivo'ed. Now I need some time to watch it.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 10:14 PM   #5
Johnny93g
College Starter

I enjoyed it tonight...I know some people who were expecting an all out, no holds barred war, but thats what they want you to expect....right.....right
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 10:21 PM   #6
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

it's all about Deadwood, baby.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 10:28 PM   #7
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

Kinda seems similar to how Soprano's normally ends. Not a cliffhanger but with a million loose ends to keep ya watching.
bosshogg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 10:45 PM   #8
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g
I enjoyed it tonight...I know some people who were expecting an all out, no holds barred war, but thats what they want you to expect....right.....right

Problem is, they been teasing that ALL season, only deliver 6 hour dream sequences... Usually this season I've enjoyed the 'Prievew for next week' more than the actual episode... Cause it usually looks so loaded, only to be so bland.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 10:50 PM   #9
Anthony
Banned

i hardly saw 2 loose ends, let alone a million. i wasn't overly impressed, i didn't think they were gonna hit Tony B. in the last episode, i thought they woulda dragged that storyline to next season. the tension between the NJ and NY families was reaching the boiling point, i thought they were gonna let it pop next season but now it seems to have cooled off. now the only major storyline for next season is the Soprano family vs. the feds.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 10:54 PM   #10
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deattribution
Problem is, they been teasing that ALL season, only deliver 6 hour dream sequences... Usually this season I've enjoyed the 'Prievew for next week' more than the actual episode... Cause it usually looks so loaded, only to be so bland.

yeah, i really enjoyed watching the preview for tonite's finale 2 weeks ago, really got me and my wife all psyched to see it. i had big expectations for this episode.

2 things they have to drop next season:

1. visits to Dr. Melfi. she's not a good actress and their scenes suck all life out of whatever momemtum the previous scenes build up.

2. downplay the Tony jr. storyline. Jason Iler does a good job of acting like the spoiled brat rich kid, but he only has one face - the disgruntled mad at authority face. they have 2 or 3 scenes with him clashing with his parents an episode and they really don't go anywhere. we get it already - he's a problem child who doesn't care about his future and his parents don't know how to put some sense into him. i don't need to be beat over the head with it.

Last edited by Anthony : 06-06-2004 at 10:55 PM.
Old 06-07-2004, 12:22 AM   #11
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Disappointing.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:10 PM   #12
Leonidas
College Benchwarmer

I liked the episode. They could have taken the easy way out and build to Tony B's death and left it at that, but elected to throw a new twist in with the FBI sting. What if Phil takes over for Johnny Sac?

I also hope they do more with AJ next year. I think the setup is now perfect for him to get into his father's line of work. He seemed to enjoy having his buddy get into a fight over that beer cup. I think he'll move right into the wiseguy business, but be a weanie about it by never getting his own hands dirty. He could play up the boss's son thing to the hilt and instigate others to do his dirty work.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:45 PM   #13
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas
I liked the episode. They could have taken the easy way out and build to Tony B's death and left it at that, but elected to throw a new twist in with the FBI sting. What if Phil takes over for Johnny Sac?

I also hope they do more with AJ next year. I think the setup is now perfect for him to get into his father's line of work. He seemed to enjoy having his buddy get into a fight over that beer cup. I think he'll move right into the wiseguy business, but be a weanie about it by never getting his own hands dirty. He could play up the boss's son thing to the hilt and instigate others to do his dirty work.

I dont see Phil taking over....Little Carmine probably will, but that will just make some new problems between Carmine and Phil....They dont like each other.....Ive got a feeling that Phil, cuz he's crazy, may go after someone "not in the family" next year.....if you know what i mean
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 11:36 PM   #14
Anthony
Banned

no, i don't know what you mean.

and from what i gather about what the guy was telling Tony on the phone - the whole Sack mob was being taken down. not just Johnny Sack. maybe i heard wrong.

in any event i don't see many angles to take the storyline next year. FBI will play a major role, but that's boring. shoulda saved the Tony B plot for next season. AJ doesn't interest me, i hope they don't give him much screen time.