Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-01-2004, 09:54 AM   #1
wade moore
lolzcat

CFL: Tampa Bay Torpedos 2004

New Tampa Bay Torpedos Ownership

The Tampa Bay Torpedos are happy to announce that new ownership is taking over in Tampa Bay. Due to absentee management, several important functions have been neglected in the Tampa Bay Front Office. The Torpedos hope that new owner wade moore will be able to straighten out these holes.

The first priority on the new Torpedos owner's list is to sign the three Rookies who have yet to reach an agreement with the organization. The top pick for Tampa Bay, LG Harvey Kasowski, has been offered 6 year, $15.9 mil deal and LT Kevin Ackerman has been offered a 4 year, $5 mil deal. Both of these linemen are expected to be slid into starting roles as soon as they are signed, so Mr. moore hopes to have them on the field as soon as possible. The left side of the Offensive Line continues to be a weak spot that will suffer without their presence. 4th round selection SS Randal Ridley has been offered a 4 year, $2 mil deal. Ridley is not expected to see significant playing time this year, but will hopefully contribute in the future.

In order to improve on their 7-9, last place finish in the tough AFC East the Torpedos need to do more than just sign Rookies. Mr. moore feels that QB Lane Manuel has a lot of growing to do to improve from his 60.2 QB Rating last year. Mr. moore will be pushing Head Coach Richard Ward to give Manuel more run support. 4th year back Elias Alvey will be expected to improve on his 3.4 ypc last year. With the number of carries that he is expected to have, anything under 1,000 for the season will be unacceptable according the management team. "That boy had better make 1,000 yards this year, or he is as good as gone," stated wade moore in an exclusive interview. In addition, expect to see FB Edward Levy to see the ball more than the 28 times he did last year. Mr. moore feels that he was under utilized as a rusher, and envisions him as a similar back to the NFL's Michael Alstott. In addition, Manuel will continue to look to TE Lincoln Denning as a favorite target. With 107 receptions last year, Denning was a lock as the 1st team All-American TE for the CFL last season.

The defense was strong last year, and expect it to only get stronger. Mr. moore has extended a long term offer to Franchise CB Erwin Koch for 4 years, $22 mil. The secondary is tops in the league and hopes to make its mark this year even more so than last. Koch set team single game marks with a 4 int game and a 3 int game, but he only had 1 int the rest of the season. The team states that they hope for more consistency from him and the rest of his group.

Mr. moore feels that the team is ready to win, and ready to win now. He expects a playoff birth this year, but there are many obstacles in the way including three very good division opponents who will have a thing or three to say about those claims. The team hosts Baltimore this weekend and expects it to be a good measure of how they have improved, rather than the difficult to rely on 4-0 preseason record.

wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 09:57 AM   #2
wade moore
lolzcat

It has been awhile since I have done a dynasty. Plus, This is in a MP League so I want to be careful with how much info I divulge. So, there will be some growing pains and tests on how I handle this information. Any suggestions/feedback is always appreciated.
Old 06-01-2004, 10:10 AM   #3
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

I think this is the first MP dynasty in the CFL. I'm a fairly new owner there as well, and I definitely will be following this !
Old 06-01-2004, 10:43 AM   #4
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Good luck, I think left you with a semi-decent team.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 11:26 AM   #5
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastic flying froggies
I think this is the first MP dynasty in the CFL. I'm a fairly new owner there as well, and I definitely will be following this !

I will be careful not to divulge too much then!!! But seriously, will be fun to have a fellow owner(s) reading this. They can maybe add some fun interjections now and then. Plus maybe it will motivate others to start up dynasties. I think they definately add to the fun.
Old 06-01-2004, 11:27 AM   #6
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Good luck, I think left you with a semi-decent team.

Hey, it's the old absentee owner! I agree, I have a pretty decent team here. The only thing I can truely complain about is the Rookies not being signed, but that's life and nothing I cannot deal with...

Feel free to interject if you see something that I am doing that you see as a miserable mistake with the personnel -- you had a perspective on the team that I do not have now.
Old 06-01-2004, 11:28 AM   #7
wade moore
lolzcat

Tampa Bay Torpedos 2004 PRELIMINARIES

HEAD COACH

Richard Ward

Contract Years: 3
Salary: $3,170,000
Record: 0-0
Playoffs: 0
Bowl Wins: 0
Experience: 1 Year

Motivation: G
Discipline: G
Offensive PC: A
Defensive PC: A
Injury Avoidance: G

OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR

Roosevelt Ford

Contract Years: 1
Salary: $1,550,000
Record: 7-9
Experience: 2 Years

QB: E
RB: VG
WR: G
OL: VG
KP: A
YT: E

DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR

Adrian Winslett

Contract Years: 4
Salary: $570,000
Record: 7-9
Experience: 2 Years

KP: A
DL: G
LB: A
DB: VG
YT: G

SCOUT

Billy Myers

Contract Years: 3
Salary: $470,000
Record: 0-0

QB: VG
RB: F
WR: A
OL: G
KP: G
DL: A
LB: A
DB: VG
YT: VG

Last edited by wade moore : 06-01-2004 at 11:31 AM.
Old 06-01-2004, 01:51 PM   #8
wade moore
lolzcat

INITIAL ROSTER [Post FA and DRAFT]

Code:
Player # Pos Start Exp Current Estimate Future Estimate Cntrct Manuel, Lane 9 QB QB 3 42 79 4 yrs Shepard, Chadwick 13 QB 4 20 45 2 yrs Holloway, Sanford 5 QB 7 14 37 1 yr.

Comments:
Lane Manuel is definately our starter, and our starter for the future. However, he still has a lot of growing to do.

He relies mainly on a short game, and he had a lot of problems with his TD/INT ratio (12/22) last year. I hope that I can

develop the passing game to 1) rely on the run more and 2) emphasize his short passing abilities to cut down on the INTs. He

really needs to develop more before I am comfortable putting the team on his shoulders.

Code:
Player # Pos Start Exp Current Estimate Future Estimate Cntrct Alvey, Elias 26 RB RB 4 48 54 4 yrs Rhodes, Chester 47 RB 2 22 33 1 yr. Nradford, Harvey 24 RB 2 22 29 1 yr. Levy, Edward 23 FB FB 6 55 55 1 yr. Talkington, Fred 20 FB 3 42 57 2 yrs Stapleton, John 33 FB 8 38 38 1 yr. #Kwiatkowski, Val 36 FB 8 35 35 1 yr.

Comments:
I am VERY uncomfortable with my options here. Those who have seen me do dynasties in the past, I like to RUN RUN RUN.

Elias Alvey has some things going for him. He is very strong inside and in his breakaway speed. However, he is not

elusive at ALL and his hole recognition is very poor. I will be pushing behind the strengths of my line and with FB

Edward Levy in order to help him out. In addition, I intend to run Levy much more as he is a very strong

runner. I have him upwards of 25-30% running in some situations to see how he does with carries. He actually had a better

ypc (3.4 to 3.6) than Levy. We will see how that works out and monitor it closely.

Code:
Player # Pos Start Exp Current Estimate Future Estimate Cntrct Denning, Lincoln 82 TE TE 11 73 73 2 yrs Russell, Gordon 81 TE 3 26 48 2 yrs Martindale, Mark 84 TE 3 20 45 1 yr. McGarry, Eric 88 FL FL 2 23 33 1 yr. #Lopez, Pedro 89 SE 3 46 59 2 yrs Stroman, Jermaine 83 SE SE 2 43 69 3 yrs Pence, Jarred 87 SE 4 29 37 2 yrs Durham, Matt 80 SE 2 19 29 1 yr.

Comments:
Outside of Lincoln Denning, this is a pretty mediocre crew. Denning had over 100 receptions last year and

really carried things from the TE position. One of the biggest concerns with this team is the WR position. Pedro Lopez

getting healthy will be a help, but even then there is a lack of anyone that can both catch and get open. The Passing game

will be very weak this year.

Code:
Player # Pos Start Exp Current Estimate Future Estimate Cntrct Davis, Eric 58 C C 2 44 70 2 yrs Logan, Alfred 55 C 2 13 34 1 yr. Kasowski, Harvey 67 LG 1 23 53 --- Dawkins, D.J. 77 LG LG 2 12 24 1 yr. Fleming, Greg 78 RG RG 2 42 50 2 yrs Fike, Keith 76 RG 4 24 38 1 yr. Ackerman, Kevin 69 LT 1 11 53 --- Bedell, Maynard 74 RT LT 4 40 46 2 yrs Cotto, William 71 RT 9 28 30 1 yr. Galarza, Royal 65 RT RT 3 25 41 1 yr.

Comments:
This is the other big weak spot on the team. It looks better than it is because Kasowski and Ackerman are both

unsigned as Rookies. Both have offers put in to them, and Kasowski will start and possibly Ackerman will get

some starting time also. The right side of the line is definately the strength, and where I intend to concetrate my running

game.

Code:
Player # Pos Start Exp Current Estimate Future Estimate Cntrct Ackerman, Omar 17 P 2 47 49 1 yr. Cooper, Felton 7 K 4 60 72 1 yr.

Comments:
Not much to say here. Our team has a very solid kicker and a decent punter.

Code:
Player # Pos Start Exp Current Estimate Future Estimate Cntrct Hickerson, Dannie 94 LDE LDE 3 29 45 1 yr. Compton, Terry 93 LDE 2 28 47 3 yrs Price, Lance 99 LDE 1 26 42 4 yrs Weiland, Chris 79 RDE RDE 9 45 45 2 yrs Dart, Lincoln 96 LDT 2 27 55 2 yrs #Baskerville, Rex 73 LDT 2 24 35 1 yr. Bussard, Stephan 97 RDT NT 3 26 42 1 yr. #Perez, Jerald 75 RDT 1 22 40 3 yrs

Comments:
There is a lot of solid young talent here. I am concerned about an extreme conflict between Defensive Front leader Chris Weiland and DT Lincoln Dart. I do not know how much this has an affect to be honest, but I really prefer to not have too much hate in discontent. On the other hand, I like Dart's numbers better than Bussard and Baskerville. The NT position may be a position that sees a lot of names throughout the year. In the end of it, someone could end up on the trade block.

Code:
Player # Pos Start Exp Current Estimate Future Estimate Cntrct Ruiz, Andreas 59 WILB SILB 5 64 71 4 yrs Grieco, Scott 53 WILB WILB 4 61 75 2 yrs #Lanza, Brady 98 MLB 3 42 69 2 yrs Porter, Billy Joe 51 MLB 2 13 29 1 yr. Williams, Larry 90 SLB SLB 5 59 70 2 yrs #Rea, Hassan 50 SLB 4 40 61 2 yrs Steinberg, Bernie 56 SLB 1 22 33 3 yrs Luciano, Lee 57 WLB WLB 11 76 76 3 yrs

Comments:
The LB position is very strong. Grieco, Williams, and Luciano are all very strong pass rushers along with cover men. I intend to blitz early and often, particularly with our strong secondary. Where Ruiz lacks in pass rush, he makes up elsewhere in his abilities. All of these guys have the potential to be all-american LBs and I hope to push them in that direction. I hope to keep this group together as long as possible, but if someone has to slide out the backups are almost as capable.

Code:
Player # Pos Start Exp Current Estimate Future Estimate Cntrct Means, Adolph 44 LCB LCB 9 81 81 3 yrs Koch, Erwin 38 LCB RCB 5 68 82 1 yr. Decoteau, Robby 34 RCB 14 28 28 1 yr. Bolen, Jermaine 30 RCB 2 22 33 2 yrs Montalvo, Benjamin 22 SS SS 9 78 78 2 yrs Haugh, Chris 43 SS 4 51 61 2 yrs Ridley, Randal 39 SS 1 25 38 --- Burgess, Wilton 32 FS FS 9 74 74 3 yrs #Banks, Craig 25 FS 1 14 34 3 yrs

Comments:
This is probably the best secondary in the league. Montalvo and Burgess could probably move as successful CBs and excel at those positions, but are super-stud Safeties. This crew should make some real waves. If there is an injury, this crew could be dessimated however because the backups are not nearly as strong. The good news is that once we get a long-term deal locked up with Koch this crew will be together for at least 2 or 3 years.

Last edited by wade moore : 06-01-2004 at 01:58 PM.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:07 PM   #9
3ric
College Starter

Great write-up! I'm sure it's going to be a tough game in week 1, defensively I'm impressed by this team.
Old 06-01-2004, 03:31 PM   #10
wade moore
lolzcat

3ric: Thanks! I think it will be a great game. I REALLY wanted to get a preview of our game up (I hope to do so with each of my games), but I think I'm too far behind in my time to get it done because I came into things so late and had to spend time evaluating the team rather than writing up my dynasty. But if I have time tonight, I'll write up a preview and you can laugh at my poor analysis of my opponent .
Old 06-01-2004, 03:36 PM   #11
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore
It has been awhile since I have done a dynasty. Plus, This is in a MP League so I want to be careful with how much info I divulge. So, there will be some growing pains and tests on how I handle this information. Any suggestions/feedback is always appreciated.
So that's why the Merchantmen went 1-15 in the IHOF, the other ownser were reading my dynasty!

Good luck in keeping secret what should be kept secret and bring out lies to confuse the competition, Wade.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 04:06 PM   #12
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I was a heavily defensive oriented coach, but I did try to get an o-line to protect Manuel.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 06:37 PM   #13
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19
So that's why the Merchantmen went 1-15 in the IHOF, the other ownser were reading my dynasty!

Good luck in keeping secret what should be kept secret and bring out lies to confuse the competition, Wade.

Ah, don't let out all of the secrets ...

I do feel that one thing to do is discuss the "game preview" after the files have been submitted... removes a lot of the danger, not that I would give up THAT much anyways.... I will start reading other MP dynasties like yours also to get a feel for how others do it....
Old 06-01-2004, 07:14 PM   #14
Taco
High School JV

This is great stuff, Wade! You're tempting me to start up my own CFL dynasty....I'll have to see how yours goes.

I see 3 former Bulldogs on your roster. Traitors!
Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 08:31 PM   #15
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco
This is great stuff, Wade! You're tempting me to start up my own CFL dynasty....I'll have to see how yours goes.

I see 3 former Bulldogs on your roster. Traitors!

I would look forward to another dynasty! It really forces you to take an additional look at your team and from different angles than maybe you would on your own.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:31 PM   #16
wade moore
lolzcat

Week 1 Preview: Baltimore Bombers (0-0) at Tampa Bay Torpedos(0-0)(-11)

OVERVIEW

This game is key for several reasons. The Torpedos need to set the right town with their new players and ownership. This tone has an extra emphasis in the division. Of their 9 losses last year, the Torpedos lost 6 of them (that's right, 0-6) against division opponents. Clearly the divisional games are key for acheiving the playoff hopes that the Torpedos have.

The Bombers come in with one of the stronger offenses AND defenses last year. They scored an average 26.5 per game while allowing only 14.9 per game. This compared to the 14.3 scored and 19.1 allowed by the Torpedos sets a scary tone.

KEY MATCHUPS

BAL QB Philip Barbieri vs TBY Secondary

Barbieri is one of the top QBs in the league. He posted a 14-3 record last year with 3 4th quarter comebacks. With a 97.2 QB Rating and 25 TDs last year, it is difficult to argue with his resume. However, he is going up against possibly the best Secondary in the league with the Torpedos. I suspect that the secondary will successfully keep Barbieri below his normal performance, but a shut-down of this top-calibre QB is impossible.

TBY LG D.J. Dawkins vs BAL RDT Danny Register
Code:
Player # Pos Start Exp Current Estimate Future Estimate Cntrct Dawkins, D.J. 77 LG LG 2 12 24 1 yr. Register, Danny 95 RDT LDT 14 80 80 2 yrs

Need I say more? Long day for Manuel

FINAL THOUGHTS

First off, usually I will post more matchups and details, but I've just run out of time and cannot get it done before the sim starts.

I think that this game will be dominated by the defenses. I think the DL of the Bombers is going to be too much for the piece-meal line of the Torpedos. Manuel cannot handle the pressure that will be brought on, particularly by Register. The key to the game for the Torpedos is Alvery. He needs AT LEAST 100 yards, probably closer to 150 to win this game.

PREDICTION
Baltimore Bombers by 10.

Last edited by wade moore : 06-01-2004 at 08:31 PM.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:53 PM   #17
TLK
Pro Starter

Quote:
PREDICTION
Baltimore Bombers by 10.

Wow... that's sad.... he went Pete Rose on us, in his first week in the league....

Welcome to the league Wade....
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 11:13 PM   #18
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Word around the CFL circles is that Tampa Bay looks very prepared for their opening game against the Bombers.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 01:06 AM   #19
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Hey...no giving anything away.

For anyone reading this interesting in jumping in the CFL, I have three open teams for the taken.

Now back to you, wade.
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 02:51 AM   #20
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Ah, don't let out all of the secrets ...

I do feel that one thing to do is discuss the "game preview" after the files have been submitted... removes a lot of the danger, not that I would give up THAT much anyways.... I will start reading other MP dynasties like yours also to get a feel for how others do it....
If you want to have a losing team, go ahead, read my dynasty, take notes and copy as much as you can.
The shouted-out goal on my dynasty was to get the first #1 pick in league history. That mission has been accomplished. Mission two is a conference championship in the 2006 season...
Old 06-02-2004, 05:28 AM   #21
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
Hey...no giving anything away.

For anyone reading this interesting in jumping in the CFL, I have three open teams for the taken.

Now back to you, wade.

You all are going to go spoiling my fun!

I would encourage the same thing as GE. So far the league seems GREAT. hxxp://www.thecfl.net is the address if no one wants to take the time to go to the league listing post.

Game results forthcoming.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:13 AM   #22
wade moore
lolzcat

[i]Note: I do not have the time, or patience to fix all of the first letters here. If anyone knows how I can fix the first letters being cut off, PLEASE let me know.

Code:
Front Office Football 2004 Box Score: Baltimore at Tampa Bay Tampa Bay, FL. Week 1, 2004 Attendance: 67,800 (68,000). Weather: 95 degrees, fair. 1Q: 06:48 BAL - Wesley Little 52 field goal. 1Q: 00:11 TBY - Lincoln Denning 6 pass from Lane Manuel. 1Q: 00:11 TBY - Felton Cooper extra point. 2Q: 00:29 BAL - Charlie Weems 33 interception return. 2Q: 00:29 BAL - Wesley Little extra point. 3Q: 12:20 TBY - Elias Alvey 57 run. 3Q: 12:20 TBY - Felton Cooper extra point. 4Q: 01:23 BAL - Huey Brown 2 pass from Philip Barbieri. 4Q: 01:23 BAL - Wesley Little extra point failed. 4Q: 00:00 TBY - Felton Cooper 32 field goal. Game MVP: TBY 26 Elias Alvey Baltimore 3 7 0 6 - 16 Tampa Bay 7 0 7 3 - 17 Team Statistics BAL TBY First Downs 17 16 Total Rushes 28 32 Rushing Yards 119 166 Yards Per Carry 4.2 5.1 Pass Attempts 35 20 Completions 20 12 Passing Yards 168 163 Yards Per Attempt 4.8 8.1 Sacked 0 3 Yards Lost 0 23 Interceptions 1 2 Fumbles/Lost 0/0 0/0 Total Plays 63 55 Total Yards 287 306 Yards Per Play 4.5 5.5 3rd Down Plays 7/16 3/11 Avg. YTG on 3rd 6.6 6.1 4th Down Plays 0/0 1/2 Penalties 5 7 Penalty Yards 40 48 Avg. Drive Start OWN 25 OWN 24 Time Of Possession 32:45 27:15 Baltimore Individual Statistics ushing Att Yards Avg Long TD 5 Boyd 25 116 4.6 27 0 4 Millsaps 2 3 1.5 4 0 8 Garnes 1 0 0.0 0 0 assing Att Comp Yards Yd/Att Long TD Int Sckd Barbieri 35 20 168 4.8 20 1 1 0 eceiving Catch Yards Avg YAC Long TD 3 Brown 6 64 10.6 10 20 1 5 Gendron 4 39 9.7 23 16 0 4 Millsaps 4 21 5.2 3 7 0 8 Fajardo 2 10 5.0 0 9 0 7 Allred 2 18 9.0 2 16 0 5 Boyd 2 16 8.0 16 13 0 unt Returns Att Yards Avg TD 3 Cunningham 1 4 4.0 0 ick Returns Att Yards Avg TD 7 Allred 1 24 24.0 0 unting Punts Yards Avg Long In20 8 Holdgate 6 226 37.6 52 4 icking FG FGA Long PAT Att 7 Little 1 2 52 1 2 efense Tackle Assist Sack Int IntYds IntTD 5 Register 6 3 2.5 0 0 0 2 Hunt 6 1 0.0 1 13 0 1 Kimber 5 0 0.0 0 0 0 4 Martinez 5 0 0.0 0 0 0 7 Kennedy 5 0 0.0 0 0 0 2 Weems 4 1 0.0 1 33 1 9 Pettiford 4 3 0.0 0 0 0 8 Panariello 3 1 0.5 0 0 0 8 Wilber 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 7 Specht 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 6 Sanders 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 1 Cawley 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 8 Garnes 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 2 Barlow 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 1 Menchaca 0 3 0.0 0 0 0 3 Cunningham 0 2 0.0 0 0 0 iscellaneous Fumb FForc Recov MiscTD KeyRBlk SckAlwd 4 Barnes 0 0 0 0 2 0 1 Yepez 0 0 0 0 2 0 2 Rains 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 Cawley 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 Hayashi 0 0 0 0 1 0 8 Russell 0 0 0 0 1 0 5 Gendron 0 0 0 0 1 0 4 Millsaps 0 0 0 0 1 0 ampa Bay Individual Statistics ushing Att Yards Avg Long TD 6 Alvey 30 159 5.3 57 1 3 Levy 1 2 2.0 2 0 Manuel 1 5 5.0 5 0 assing Att Comp Yards Yd/Att Long TD Int Sckd Manuel 19 12 163 8.5 49 1 1 3 7 Ackerman 1 0 0 0.0 0 0 1 0 eceiving Catch Yards Avg YAC Long TD 2 Denning 4 27 6.7 7 11 1 3 Stroman 3 78 26.0 6 49 0 3 Levy 2 14 7.0 3 9 0 8 McGarry 1 24 24.0 0 24 0 6 Alvey 1 2 2.0 3 2 0 0 Durham 1 18 18.0 0 18 0 unt Returns Att Yards Avg TD ick Returns Att Yards Avg TD 3 Stroman 1 19 19.0 0 7 Pence 1 21 21.0 0 8 McGarry 1 24 24.0 0 unting Punts Yards Avg Long In20 7 Ackerman 6 266 44.3 57 2 icking FG FGA Long PAT Att Cooper 1 1 32 2 2 efense Tackle Assist Sack Int IntYds IntTD 8 Koch 6 2 0.0 0 0 0 3 Haugh 5 0 0.0 0 0 0 9 Weiland 5 0 0.0 0 0 0 9 Ruiz 4 4 0.0 0 0 0 4 Means 4 2 0.0 1 0 0 2 Burgess 4 3 0.0 0 0 0 3 Grieco 4 2 0.0 0 0 0 ront Office Football 2004 0 Williams 3 1 0.0 0 0 0 4 Hickerson 3 1 0.0 0 0 0 6 Dart 3 0 0.0 0 0 0 2 Montalvo 2 2 0.0 0 0 0 7 Bussard 1 1 0.0 0 0 0 3 Stroman 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 1 Russell 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 8 Lanza 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 4 Decoteau 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 4 Bedell 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 3 Compton 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 iscellaneous Fumb FForc Recov MiscTD KeyRBlk SckAlwd 4 Bedell 0 0 0 0 1 2 8 Davis 0 0 0 0 1 1 3 Levy 0 0 0 0 2 0 5 Galarza 0 0 0 0 2 0 8 Fleming 0 0 0 0 2 0 1 Russell 0 0 0 0 1 0 7 Dawkins 0 0 0 0 1 0 altimore Drive Chart Quar Began Poss From Plays Yards Result 1 12:01 5:13 OWN 38 9 27 Field Goal 1 0:11 0:31 OWN 31 3 0 Interception 2 13:58 1:44 OWN 34 3 7 Punt 2 9:46 2:12 OWN 25 5 23 Punt 2 3:34 1:59 OWN 8 5 45 Punt 3 15:00 1:51 OWN 20 3 8 Punt 3 12:20 5:34 OWN 20 9 34 Punt 3 3:51 3:06 OWN 38 6 24 Missed FG 4 13:34 6:07 OWN 6 11 46 Punt 4 5:02 3:39 OWN 32 9 68 Touchdown ampa Bay Drive Chart Quar Began Poss From Plays Yards Result 1 15:00 2:59 OWN 16 4 8 Punt 1 6:48 6:37 OWN 34 11 66 Touchdown 2 14:40 0:42 OPP 44 2 5 Interception 2 12:14 2:28 OWN 7 6 15 Punt 2 7:34 4:00 OWN 19 7 37 Punt 2 1:35 1:06 OWN 22 4 9 Interception 2 0:29 0:29 OWN 22 1 13 Half 3 13:09 0:49 OWN 41 3 59 Touchdown 3 6:46 2:55 OWN 4 7 19 Punt 3 0:45 2:11 OWN 45 3 0 Punt 4 7:27 2:25 OWN 5 3 7 Punt 4 1:23 1:23 OWN 20 6 65 Field Goal altimore Red Zone Profile Visits TDs FGs 1 1 0 ampa Bay Red Zone Profile Visits TDs FGs 2 1 1 altimore Rushing Breakdown irection Rush Yards Ave eft 8 52 6.5 iddle 18 57 3.1 ight 2 10 5.0 one 0 0 0.0 un Blocking KeyBlks BlkOpps RunPlays 1 Yepez 2 6 21 4 Barnes 2 4 28 1 Cawley 1 6 28 0 Hayashi 1 4 28 4 Millsaps 1 4 21 8 Russell 1 2 28 5 Gendron 1 1 27 2 Rains 1 1 7 1 Archibald 0 0 5 5 Rockett 0 0 1 altimore Passing Breakdown istance Pass Comp Yards Ave creen 9 8 49 5.4 hort (0-8 Yds) 11 7 36 3.2 edium (9-18 Yds) 8 4 63 7.8 ong (19+ Yds) 7 1 20 2.8 assing Attempt Comp BdThrw Dropd Defnsd Blockd Hurried Intrcpt Barbieri 35 20 0 1 8 0 5 1 eceiving Target Caught Dropd Yards PassPlay 3 Brown 10 6 0 64 31 4 Millsaps 7 4 0 21 20 5 Gendron 6 4 0 39 28 8 Fajardo 5 2 1 10 19 7 Allred 3 2 0 18 23 5 Boyd 2 2 0 16 22 1 Archibald 1 0 0 0 4 2 Castillo 1 0 0 0 18 ass Block SckAlwd PassPlay 1 Cawley 0 35 0 Hayashi 0 35 4 Barnes 0 35 8 Russell 0 35 1 Yepez 0 28 4 Millsaps 0 20 2 Rains 0 7 5 Rockett 0 4 ass Rush Sacks PsBlks Hurries PassPlay 5 Register 2.5 0 2 23 8 Panariello 0.5 0 0 6 8 Wilber 0.0 0 0 23 3 Ezell 0.0 0 0 23 9 Pettiford 0.0 0 0 23 7 Specht 0.0 0 0 23 4 Martinez 0.0 0 0 22 1 Menchaca 0.0 0 0 22 2 Weems 0.0 0 0 21 2 Hunt 0.0 0 0 18 6 Sanders 0.0 0 0 14 3 Cunningham 0.0 0 0 13 1 Kimber 0.0 0 0 11 7 Kennedy 0.0 0 0 9 0 Harden 0.0 0 0 1 2 Barlow 0.0 0 0 1 ass Defense Caught Defnsd Intrcpt PassPlay 7 Kennedy 3 0 0 9 2 Weems 2 0 1 21 8 Wilber 2 0 0 23 1 Kimber 1 1 0 11 2 Hunt 1 0 1 18 3 Cunningham 1 0 0 13 8 Panariello 1 0 0 6 2 Barlow 1 0 0 1 5 Register 0 0 0 23 3 Ezell 0 0 0 23 9 Pettiford 0 0 0 23 7 Specht 0 0 0 23 4 Martinez 0 0 0 22 1 Menchaca 0 0 0 22 6 Sanders 0 0 0 14 0 Harden 0 0 0 1 efense Tackles Assists RunPlay PassPlay 5 Register 6 3 32 23 2 Hunt 6 1 27 18 4 Martinez 5 0 31 22 1 Kimber 5 0 20 11 7 Kennedy 5 0 12 9 9 Pettiford 4 3 31 23 2 Weems 4 1 30 21 8 Panariello 3 1 7 6 8 Wilber 2 0 32 23 7 Specht 2 0 32 23 6 Sanders 2 0 20 14 2 Barlow 1 0 1 1 1 Menchaca 0 3 30 22 3 Cunningham 0 2 11 13 3 Ezell 0 0 32 23 1 Lewallen 0 0 2 0 0 Harden 0 0 1 1 9 Ortiz 0 0 1 0 ampa Bay Rushing Breakdown irection Rush Yards Ave eft 3 14 4.6 iddle 19 120 6.3 ight 10 32 3.2 one 0 0 0.0 un Blocking KeyBlks BlkOpps RunPlays 8 Fleming 2 8 32 3 Levy 2 6 25 5 Galarza 2 5 31 8 Davis 1 3 32 7 Dawkins 1 3 32 4 Bedell 1 3 22 1 Russell 1 1 3 2 Denning 0 1 31 1 Cotto 0 1 10 6 Fike 0 0 1 0 Talkington 0 0 1 ampa Bay Passing Breakdown istance Pass Comp Yards Ave creen 1 1 2 2.0 hort (0-8 Yds) 8 5 32 4.0 edium (9-18 Yds) 5 4 56 11.2 ong (19+ Yds) 6 2 73 12.1 assing Attempt Comp BdThrw Dropd Defnsd Blockd Hurried Intrcpt Manuel 19 12 0 3 1 0 2 1 7 Ackerman 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 eceiving Target Caught Dropd Yards PassPlay 3 Stroman 6 3 2 78 18 2 Denning 6 4 1 27 21 3 Levy 3 2 0 14 17 8 McGarry 2 1 0 24 12 3 Haugh 1 0 0 0 20 6 Alvey 1 1 0 2 20 0 Durham 1 1 0 18 14 ass Block SckAlwd PassPlay 8 Davis 1 23 5 Galarza 0 23 7 Dawkins 0 23 8 Fleming 0 22 4 Bedell 2 18 3 Levy 0 17 0 Talkington 0 5 1 Cotto 0 5 5 Logan 0 1 ass Rush Sacks PsBlks Hurries PassPlay 9 Weiland 0.0 0 2 34 4 Means 0.0 0 0 35 2 Burgess 0.0 0 0 35 2 Montalvo 0.0 0 0 35 8 Koch 0.0 0 0 35 0 Williams 0.0 0 0 33 9 Price 0.0 0 2 12 9 Ruiz 0.0 0 0 31 6 Dart 0.0 0 0 31 3 Grieco 0.0 0 0 29 4 Hickerson 0.0 0 1 13 3 Haugh 0.0 0 0 20 7 Luciano 0.0 0 0 16 3 Compton 0.0 0 0 11 4 Decoteau 0.0 0 0 6 7 Bussard 0.0 0 0 4 8 Lanza 0.0 0 0 4 6 Steinberg 0.0 0 0 2 ass Defense Caught Defnsd Intrcpt PassPlay 8 Koch 4 1 0 35 4 Means 3 0 1 35 3 Haugh 3 0 0 20 2 Burgess 2 2 0 35 3 Grieco 2 1 0 29 0 Williams 2 0 0 33 9 Weiland 1 0 0 34 6 Dart 1 0 0 31 7 Bussard 1 0 0 4 8 Lanza 1 0 0 4 2 Montalvo 0 2 0 35 7 Luciano 0 2 0 16 9 Ruiz 0 0 0 31 4 Hickerson 0 0 0 13 9 Price 0 0 0 12 3 Compton 0 0 0 11 4 Decoteau 0 0 0 6 6 Steinberg 0 0 0 2 efense Tackles Assists RunPlay PassPlay 8 Koch 6 2 27 35 9 Weiland 5 0 26 34 3 Haugh 5 0 15 20 9 Ruiz 4 4 26 31 2 Burgess 4 3 28 35 4 Means 4 2 28 35 3 Grieco 4 2 23 29 0 Williams 3 1 27 33 4 Hickerson 3 1 15 13 6 Dart 3 0 24 31 2 Montalvo 2 2 28 35 7 Bussard 1 1 4 4 3 Compton 1 0 11 11 4 Decoteau 1 0 4 6 8 Lanza 1 0 4 4 7 Luciano 0 0 13 16 9 Price 0 0 4 12 6 Steinberg 0 0 1 2
Old 06-02-2004, 06:14 AM   #23
wade moore
lolzcat

WEEK 1 GAME: Baltimore Bombers (0-0) at Tampa Bay Torpedos(0-0)(-11)

SCORE: BAL 16 TBY 17

PLAY OF THE GAME

4th Quarter | 1:30
Code:
1-02-TBY02 (01:30) BAL 7 Barbieri pass completed to 83 Brown for 2 yards and a touchdown! Extra point by BAL 17 Little was missed.
KEY PLAYERS
TBY
RB Alvey: 30 Carries, 159 Yards, 1 TD (57 yards)
CB Means: 1 Int, 4 Tackles, 2 Assists
BAL
DT Register: 6 Tackles, 3 Assists, 2.5 Sacks
RB Boyd: 25 Carries, 116 Yards, 4.6 ypc
CB Weems: 4 Tackles, 1 Int, 1 TD

HIGHLIGHTS

2nd Quarter | 00:41
Code:
They fake the punt. 4-01-TBY31 (00:41) TBY 17 Ackerman pass was intercepted by BAL 42 Weems at the TBY33. The interception was returned 33 yards for a touchdown! Extra point by BAL 17 Little was good.
3rd Quarter | 12:32
Code:
3-08-TBY43 (12:32) TBY 26 Alvey ran inside the right guard for 57 yards and a touchdown. Key block delivered by TBY 65 Galarza. Extra point by TBY 7 Cooper was good.
4th Quarter | 0:33 - Set-up for winning FG
Code:
1-10-TBY34 (00:33) TBY 9 Manuel pass completed to 83 Stroman for 49 yards. Tackled by BAL 22 Barlow, assisted by BAL 33 Cunningham. TBY called time out.
KEY MATCHUPS REVISITED

BAL QB Philip Barbieri vs TBY Secondary

QB Barbieri: 20 for 35, 4.8 yds/att, 1 TD, 1 INT, 68.4 Rating

I would deem this a success for the TBY Secondary. I really did not suspect that we could contain Barbieri this well. His completion % was quite high, however the yards per attempt is quite low. I consider this to be a huge success for our star-studded secondary against one of the top passing attacks in the league.

TBY LG D.J. Dawkins vs BAL RDT Danny Register

DT Register: 6 Tackles, 3 Assists, 2.5 Sacks, 2 hurries

Register actually matched up more against LT Bedell than he did Dawkins. Same results though -- extreme success for Register. This was a mismatch for the left side of the Torpedos' line all of the way. Fortunately Manuel was able to remain efficient (86.0 Rating) despite Register being in his face all day. You have to wonder what the Torpedos could do on offense once the rookies on the left side of the line develop, until then this will continue to be a weak spot.

SYNOPSIS

This was an exciting opening game for the new ownership in Tampa Bay. It showed the success of the game plan that the Torpedos are looking to employ. Alvey came through when he was called out and looks like he could be everything that I hoped for as a marquee RB -- he showed that if he can get in the open field, he has the speed to take it to the house with his 57 yard scamper to the endzone. I do not want to take too much out of this, but I feel this is a good sign for a turn-around season for the Torpedos and a definate shot at a playoff spot. We knocked off the #1 Team in the Power Ratings (90) and the #2 ranked team in Taco's Pre-Season Team ratings -- nothing to complain about there!

The Torpedos have announced their arrival to the league, and done so LOUDLY

Last edited by wade moore : 06-02-2004 at 06:15 AM.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:22 AM   #24
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

Congratulation with the win and a well-written dynasty.
Northwood_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 02:58 PM   #25
3ric
College Starter

The Baltimore coaching staff let the press know that the defense is going to run extra laps this weeks for allowing Alvey run for 150+ yards.

We had a very conservative offensive game plan to avoid the Torpedos' secondary and attacking the defensive line with runs and short passes. But that gave us a compact defense to face, and one that had to be stretched out more to open up lanes. In the end, our cautious thinking came back to haunt us.

Last edited by 3ric : 06-02-2004 at 02:59 PM.
3ric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 08:09 PM   #26
wade moore
lolzcat

WEEK 2 PREVIEW
Las Vegas Crawfish (0-1)(-1)

AT
Tampa Bay Torpedos(1-0)

OVERVIEW

The Torpedos and Crawfish come into this game with very different mindsets. The Torpedos are coming off of an emotional upset of division rival Baltimore to start the season. They are attempting to build on that when and get on a run to establish themselves as true contenders. Las Vegas, on the other hand, is coming off of a dissapointing 10-23 loss to Tucson. The Crawfish posted an 11-5 record last season and won their division, while Tucson finished third in the NC West with an 8-8 mark and only one win in the division. After averaging 4.0 yards a carry and reaching the 1,000 yard mark last year, LVS RB Thomas Karl bumbled through 17 carries for 36 yards, a 2.1 ypc average. Meanwhile, TBY RB Elias Alvey had the game of his career with 159 yards on 30 carries. Tampa Bay has one of the strongest defenses in the league, giving up only 10 defensive points in the first game of the season.

KEY MATCHUPS

TBY LT Kevin Ackerman[Rookie] vs. LVS RE Brian O'Connell

O'Connel is an established DE who was taken in the 2nd round of the dispersal draft of the CFL. He managed 8.0 sacks and 16 hurries last season, but was held without a sack last week -- although he did manage 2 QB hurries. His strength in the pass rush could really be a problem for the rookie LT who missed all of training camp. The Tampa Bay staff wants to see what Ackerman can do, so they are throwing him right into the fire. Besides, Maynard Bedell allowed 2 sacks on 18 passing plays last week, so he has been moved back to his natural position at RT.

LVS QB Lenny Olsen vs TBY Secondary

Olsen is ranked 8th all time in win % amongst all QBs in the CFL despite the loss last week. In the loss, the 7 year QB out of Utah struggled managing only a 61.7 QB Rating on an 18 for 39 performance in which he threw 1 TD and 1 INT. According to scouts, Olsen still excels at the long ball, however he is going up against possibly the best Secondary in the league with the Torpedos. With a drop apiece for the starting TE, SE, and FL Olsen is not getting much help. Expect the duo of Adolph Means and Erwin Koch to control the tempo of the passing game.

TBY SE Jermaine Stroman vs LVS Secondary

Stroman more than doubled his yards per catch average from last year in last weeks game with 26.0 on 3 catches for 78 yards. With SE Pedro Lopez out injured, Stroman is looking to make his mark. He goes up against a weakened secondary, as star LVS CB Kenton Hartung is out with a strained abductor muscle and starting SS is probable with a strained quadricep muscle. This leaves the team with 2 of 4 CBs as rookies, and none of the CBs ready to start for most CFL teams. Stroman and the rest of his crew hope to have a strong game as they can open the passing game up a little more than they normally would.

KEYS TO WINNING

Tampa Bay Torpedos
Code:
[1] Stop the Pass Rush of the Las Vegas Line [2] Elias Alvey's continued success [3] Time of Possession dominance
Las Vegas Crawfish
Code:
[1] Contain Elias Alvey [2] Get QB Lenny Olsen back on track [3] Gain over 100 yards rushing
FINAL THOUGHTS

The Torpedos have really gotten themselves pumped after last week's win. They now KNOW that they can win. Alvey should have a solid game and Manuel should be able to take advantage of the injuries in the Las Vegas Secondary. I suspect that the injuries in the Secondary and Tampa's defensive dominance will be too much for the Crawfish to handle.

PREDICTION
Tampa Bay Torpedos by 14

Last edited by wade moore : 06-02-2004 at 08:50 PM.
Old 06-03-2004, 02:05 AM   #27
3ric
College Starter

Did I say that the best division in the CFL suddenly seems a lot tougher? We could beat up each other so much that 9 wins could be enough for the playoffs.
Old 06-03-2004, 03:29 AM   #28
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ric
Did I say that the best division in the CFL suddenly seems a lot tougher? We could beat up each other so much that 9 wins could be enough for the playoffs.

I'll take that as a compliment ...

The division really is tough. It was by far the tops last year and continues to be so this year. To put some numbers behind this before one of those other guys come in here and try to claim that their conference is the dominant one... check out the non-divisional records for 2003...
Code:
Conference Non-Div Pct AC East 30-10 .750 NC South 22-18 .550 NC West 22-18 .550 AC West 21-19 .525 AC North 20-20 .500 NC North 20-20 .500 AC South 13-27 .325 NC East 11-29 .275
Old 06-03-2004, 09:39 AM   #29
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ric

Agreed. Though it's worth mentioning that Charleston's Week 1 defeat of division-rival Durham has brought our division record to 7-0 over the two years combined.

Kings of the Jungle/AFC East.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 10:06 AM   #30
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
Agreed. Though it's worth mentioning that Charleston's Week 1 defeat of division-rival Durham has brought our division record to 7-0 over the two years combined.

Kings of the Jungle/AFC East.

Oh yeah?! Well Tampa is now... uhhhh....

1-6....
Old 06-03-2004, 10:19 AM   #31
wade moore
lolzcat

Question for those reading this:

In my old dynasties I used to spend a fair amount of time highlighting how other teams in the league were doing, some stat leaders, etc. I'm not sure how that fits in a multiplayer dynasty. What would you like to see in the way of the performance of other teams, where my players fit in with the league leaders, etc? I do not know if it adds value here when you can go and get all of it from the league page, or if you are not inclined to go look on the league page...

Any feedback is appreciated...
Old 06-03-2004, 10:57 AM   #32
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

I wouldn't mind seeing how the Breakers are doing. After all, they will always be MY team...at least until GE updates the front page.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 12:18 PM   #33
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Question for those reading this:

In my old dynasties I used to spend a fair amount of time highlighting how other teams in the league were doing, some stat leaders, etc. I'm not sure how that fits in a multiplayer dynasty. What would you like to see in the way of the performance of other teams, where my players fit in with the league leaders, etc? I do not know if it adds value here when you can go and get all of it from the league page, or if you are not inclined to go look on the league page...

Any feedback is appreciated...

I am thinking about starting my own dynasty if I can find enough time. Howver, I would like to hear your opinions on other hapenings of the CFL. I think it makes clearer that this is a MP dynasty and not a SP one.
Old 06-03-2004, 03:20 PM   #34
3ric
College Starter

I'd proceed quite normally with the reporting (compared to SP dynasties), with a slant towards your own team and your players compared to the rest of the league. The more information about the Torpedos the better. If a reader want to know more about other CFL teams then he can go to thecfl.com.
Old 06-04-2004, 07:57 AM   #35
wade moore
lolzcat

WEEK 2 GAME:
Las Vegas Crawfish (0-1)(-1)
AT
Tampa Bay Torpedos(1-0)

HIGHLIGHTS

1st Quarter | 10:39 - Led to Opening TD for 7-0 Lead
Code:
2-06-TBY34 (10:39) TBY 47 Rhodes ran inside the right guard for 39 yards. Tackled by LVS 54 Comeau. Key block delivered by TBY 23 Levy.
2nd Quarter | 13:14 - Tied the score at 7-7
Code:
1-05-TBY05 (13:14) LVS 1 Olsen pass completed to 81 Gerald for 5 yards and a touchdown! Extra point by LVS 18 Savoy was good.
2nd Quarter | 08:44 - Set-up FG for LVS to go up 10-7
Code:
2-11-LVS40 (08:44) LVS 1 Olsen pass completed to 80 McCandless for 34 yards (OOB). Tackled by TBY 32 Burgess.
2nd Quarter | 0:13 - Tied game at 10-10 just before the half
Code:
1-10-LVS11 (00:13) TBY 7 Cooper attempted a 28 yard field goal and succeeded.
4th Quarter | 14:01 - Set-Up 1 yard TD Run to put TBY up 20-10
Code:
3-03-LVS03 (14:01) TBY 9 Manuel pass fell incomplete, intended for 82 Denning. LVS 47 Light defended the pass. Penalty: LVS - Defensive Pass Interference.

PLAY OF THE GAME

4th Quarter | 2:00 - First of 3 consecutive sacks to shut-down LVS 2-minute drill
Code:
1-10-TBY40 (02:00) LVS 1 Olsen sacked by TBY 79 Weiland for a loss of 8 yards. Sack allowed by LVS 66 Thrash.

SCORE: LVS 10 TBY 20

KEY PLAYERS
TBY
RB Alvey: 34 Carries, 96 Yards, 1 TD
RB Rhodes: 1 Carry, 39 Yards
DE Weiland: 5 Tackles, 1 Assist, 3 Sacks
FS Burgess: 6 Tackles, 4 Assists, 1 Int
LVS
WILB Comeau: 12 Tackles, 2 Assists
DT Fike: 10 Tackles, 1 Assist

STAT DOGGIES
TBY
RT Bedell: 0/4 Key Blocks
SS Montalvo: 4 caught, 1 Defensed

LVS
RB Karl: 13 Carries, 35 Yards (Long of 13, so 12 Carries for 22 Yards)
Thrash: 0/7 Key Blocks, 2 Sacks Allowed

KEY MATCHUPS REVISITED

TBY LT Kevin Ackerman[Rookie] vs. LVS RE Brian O'Connell

Ackerman was 3/5 on Key Blocks and allowed 0 sacks. O'Connell had 0 Sacks, 4 Hurries, 1 Tackle, and 1 Assist. I give Ackerman a LOT of credit. He is a rookie hold-out going against a Veteran DE and he has over 50% in KRBs and does not allow a sack. As he progresses I suspect that the hurries will go down.

LVS QB Lenny Olsen vs TBY Secondary

Again, another victory for TBY here. Olsen was 16 for 36, 172 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT (along with 5 sacks). DE Weiland absolutely owned the line and kept Olsen on his toes all day because of the good coverage the secondary provided.

TBY SE Jermaine Stroman vs LVS Secondary

Stroman's Line: 2 Catches, 26 yards. Score a victory for the LVS Secondary here. Despite their injuries, they held Stroman and the rest of the team in check (Manuel - 15 for 26, 141 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT).

SYNOPSIS

This game was very even up through half-time. No team was able to take a clear advantage. However, Tampa Bay took the game over after the half. Two solid drives leading to a Field Goal and a Touchdown really sealed things. The LVS offense just could not get off the ground, heavily illustrated by the 3 consecutive sacks when Olsen was attempting to orchestrate a 2 minute drill at the end of the game. Tampa's defense continues to improve. They have held two of the top offensive teams of last year to 20 total points (7 points last week were on an INT). However, the attempt to increase the passing due to the secondary injuries for LVS appears to have failed. Manuel still has a lot of growing to do.

INJURY NEWS:

LB Ruiz - Probable, Strained Rotator Cuff, 3 Weeks
DE Terry Compton - Probable, Sprained Knee, 1 week
SE Pedro Lopez - 100%
Old 06-04-2004, 08:03 AM   #36
wade moore
lolzcat

Code:
Box Score: Las Vegas at Tampa Bay Tampa Bay, FL. Week 2, 2004 Attendance: 67,800 (68,000). Weather: 69 degrees, fair. 1Q: 07:46 TBY - Edward Levy 7 run. 1Q: 07:46 TBY - Felton Cooper extra point. 2Q: 13:08 LVS - Thad Gerald 5 pass from Lenny Olsen. 2Q: 13:08 LVS - Felix Savoy extra point. 2Q: 05:25 LVS - Felix Savoy 20 field goal. 2Q: 00:07 TBY - Felton Cooper 28 field goal. 3Q: 02:55 TBY - Felton Cooper 49 field goal. 4Q: 13:28 TBY - Elias Alvey 1 run. 4Q: 13:28 TBY - Felton Cooper extra point. Game MVP: TBY 79 Chris Weiland Las Vegas 0 10 0 0 - 10 Tampa Bay 7 3 3 7 - 20 Team Statistics LVS TBY First Downs 13 19 Total Rushes 21 46 Rushing Yards 57 161 Yards Per Carry 2.7 3.5 Pass Attempts 36 26 Completions 16 15 Passing Yards 172 141 Yards Per Attempt 4.7 5.4 Sacked 5 1 Yards Lost 35 5 Interceptions 1 1 Fumbles/Lost 0/0 2/1 Total Plays 62 73 Total Yards 194 297 Yards Per Play 3.1 4.0 3rd Down Plays 4/16 10/17 Avg. YTG on 3rd 11.0 6.2 4th Down Plays 1/2 0/0 Penalties 9 8 Penalty Yards 71 70 Avg. Drive Start OWN 23 OWN 37 Time Of Possession 25:39 34:21 Las Vegas Individual Statistics Rushing Att Yards Avg Long TD 48 Karl 13 35 2.6 13 0 35 Murr 4 7 1.7 5 0 41 Shortridge 2 5 2.5 3 0 80 McCandless 1 12 12.0 12 0 1 Olsen 1 -2 -2.0 -2 0 Passing Att Comp Yards Yd/Att Long TD Int Sckd 1 Olsen 36 16 172 4.7 34 1 1 5 Receiving Catch Yards Avg YAC Long TD 84 Walker 4 34 8.5 2 12 0 85 Smith 4 30 7.5 5 12 0 81 Gerald 3 25 8.3 8 15 1 80 McCandless 2 44 22.0 3 34 0 35 Murr 1 4 4.0 3 4 0 48 Karl 1 16 16.0 13 16 0 87 Fleming 1 19 19.0 2 19 0 Punt Returns Att Yards Avg TD 43 Cauthen 2 20 10.0 0 21 Kirkland 1 24 24.0 0 Kick Returns Att Yards Avg TD 43 Cauthen 1 11 11.0 0 21 Kirkland 1 9 9.0 0 Punting Punts Yards Avg Long In20 10 Wilkerson 8 325 40.6 55 3 Kicking FG FGA Long PAT Att 18 Savoy 1 1 20 1 1 Defense Tackle Assist Sack Int IntYds IntTD 54 Comeau 12 2 0.0 0 0 0 98 Fike 10 0 1.0 0 0 0 92 Aaron 6 0 0.0 0 0 0 38 Huth 5 5 0.0 0 0 0 45 Rone 5 0 0.0 0 0 0 47 Light 4 0 0.0 0 0 0 99 Abdullah 3 3 0.0 1 0 0 77 Laney 3 2 0.0 0 0 0 34 McAnally 2 3 0.0 0 0 0 52 Johnson 2 3 0.0 0 0 0 43 Cauthen 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 31 Briggs 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 78 O'Connell 1 1 0.0 0 0 0 60 McDavid 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 48 Karl 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 41 Shortridge 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 81 Gerald 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 53 Desai 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 Miscellaneous Fumb FForc Recov MiscTD KeyRBlk SckAlwd 61 Ayanbadejo 0 0 0 0 0 2 62 Morales 0 0 0 0 1 1 66 Thrash 0 0 0 0 0 2 92 Aaron 0 0 1 0 0 0 77 Laney 0 1 0 0 0 0 85 Smith 0 0 0 0 1 0 54 Comeau 0 1 0 0 0 0 Tampa Bay Individual Statistics Rushing Att Yards Avg Long TD 26 Alvey 34 96 2.8 10 1 9 Manuel 6 22 3.6 10 0 23 Levy 4 5 1.2 7 1 83 Stroman 1 -1 -1.0 -1 0 47 Rhodes 1 39 39.0 39 0 Passing Att Comp Yards Yd/Att Long TD Int Sckd 9 Manuel 26 15 141 5.4 18 0 1 1 Receiving Catch Yards Avg YAC Long TD 82 Denning 3 40 13.3 10 17 0 80 Durham 3 29 9.6 0 11 0 83 Stroman 2 26 13.0 3 18 0 23 Levy 2 7 3.5 3 4 0 26 Alvey 2 10 5.0 3 7 0 20 Talkington 1 10 10.0 8 10 0 87 Pence 1 11 11.0 1 11 0 88 McGarry 1 8 8.0 0 8 0 Punt Returns Att Yards Avg TD 87 Pence 1 18 18.0 0 Kick Returns Att Yards Avg TD 88 McGarry 2 40 20.0 0 Punting Punts Yards Avg Long In20 17 Ackerman 6 258 43.0 54 3 Kicking FG FGA Long PAT Att 7 Cooper 2 2 49 2 2 Defense Tackle Assist Sack Int IntYds IntTD 32 Burgess 6 4 0.0 1 13 0 22 Montalvo 6 1 0.0 0 0 0 79 Weiland 5 1 3.0 0 0 0 44 Means 5 2 0.0 0 0 0 43 Haugh 5 0 0.0 0 0 0 38 Koch 4 2 0.0 0 0 0 53 Grieco 3 3 0.0 0 0 0 99 Price 2 0 1.5 0 0 0 96 Dart 2 1 0.5 0 0 0 90 Williams 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 97 Bussard 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 87 Pence 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 58 Davis 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 57 Luciano 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 82 Denning 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 93 Compton 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 59 Ruiz 0 1 0.0 0 0 0 Miscellaneous Fumb FForc Recov MiscTD KeyRBlk SckAlwd 78 Fleming 0 0 0 0 2 1 58 Davis 0 0 0 0 3 0 69 Ackerman 0 0 0 0 3 0 23 Levy 1 0 0 0 1 0 9 Manuel 0 0 1 0 0 0 26 Alvey 1 0 0 0 0 0 67 Kasowski 0 0 0 0 1 0 Las Vegas Drive Chart Quar Began Poss From Plays Yards Result 1 13:40 1:35 OWN 32 3 6 Punt 1 7:46 1:24 OWN 12 3 5 Punt 1 4:38 6:30 OWN 10 17 90 Touchdown 2 11:10 5:45 OWN 27 10 70 Field Goal 2 1:53 1:15 OWN 32 3 -19 Punt 2 0:07 0:07 OWN 20 1 -2 Half 3 15:00 0:30 OWN 20 3 0 Punt 3 12:53 1:25 OWN 21 3 7 Punt 3 2:55 1:14 OWN 20 3 13 Interception 4 13:28 2:41 OWN 11 3 9 Punt 4 6:49 0:55 OWN 3 3 6 Punt 4 4:02 1:25 OWN 40 8 16 Punt 4 2:00 1:09 OPP 40 4 -22 Downs Tampa Bay Drive Chart Quar Began Poss From Plays Yards Result 1 15:00 1:20 OWN 31 3 -1 Punt 1 12:05 4:19 OWN 17 9 83 Touchdown 1 6:22 1:44 OWN 47 3 6 Punt 2 13:08 1:58 OWN 20 3 9 Punt 2 5:25 3:32 OWN 25 7 43 Fumble 2 0:38 0:31 OPP 21 3 10 Field Goal 3 14:30 1:37 50 5 12 Interception 3 11:28 8:33 OWN 9 17 59 Field Goal 3 1:41 3:13 OPP 46 9 46 Touchdown 4 10:47 3:58 OWN 38 6 8 Punt 4 5:54 1:52 OWN 32 3 3 Punt 4 2:37 0:37 OWN 17 3 4 Punt 4 0:51 0:51 OPP 38 2 -3 Game Las Vegas Red Zone Profile Visits TDs FGs 2 1 1 Tampa Bay Red Zone Profile Visits TDs FGs 3 2 1 Las Vegas Rushing Breakdown Direction Rush Yards Ave Left 3 20 6.6 Middle 11 13 1.1 Right 6 26 4.3 None 1 -2 -2.0 Run Blocking KeyBlks BlkOpps RunPlays 85 Smith 1 2 18 62 Morales 1 1 21 66 Thrash 0 7 20 60 McDavid 0 3 21 74 de la Rosa 0 3 21 35 Murr 0 2 20 61 Ayanbadejo 0 1 21 26 Johnson 0 1 2 89 Bradford 0 0 5 59 Caines 0 0 1 Las Vegas Passing Breakdown Distance Pass Comp Yards Ave Screen 2 2 21 10.5 Short (0-8 Yds) 14 9 59 4.2 Medium (9-18 Yds) 13 4 58 4.4 Long (19+ Yds) 7 1 34 4.8 Passing Attempt Comp BdThrw Dropd Defnsd Blockd Hurried Intrcpt 1 Olsen 36 16 0 4 8 1 5 1 Receiving Target Caught Dropd Yards PassPlay 81 Gerald 9 3 0 25 30 84 Walker 8 4 0 34 37 85 Smith 8 4 1 30 32 80 McCandless 6 2 2 44 29 48 Karl 3 1 1 16 20 35 Murr 1 1 0 4 31 87 Fleming 1 1 0 19 10 Pass Block SckAlwd PassPlay 60 McDavid 0 41 66 Thrash 2 41 62 Morales 1 41 61 Ayanbadejo 2 41 74 de la Rosa 0 40 35 Murr 0 31 26 Johnson 0 12 57 Clancy 0 1 Pass Rush Sacks PsBlks Hurries PassPlay 98 Fike 1.0 0 0 27 78 O'Connell 0.0 0 4 27 92 Aaron 0.0 0 0 27 34 McAnally 0.0 0 0 27 38 Huth 0.0 0 0 27 99 Abdullah 0.0 0 0 26 77 Laney 0.0 0 0 22 54 Comeau 0.0 0 0 22 45 Rone 0.0 0 0 21 21 Kirkland 0.0 0 0 19 47 Light 0.0 0 0 19 52 Johnson 0.0 0 0 15 43 Cauthen 0.0 0 0 11 76 Blanchard 0.0 0 0 5 53 Desai 0.0 0 0 1 31 Briggs 0.0 0 0 1 Pass Defense Caught Defnsd Intrcpt PassPlay 54 Comeau 4 0 0 22 47 Light 4 0 0 19 45 Rone 3 1 0 21 99 Abdullah 1 0 1 26 92 Aaron 1 0 0 27 34 McAnally 1 0 0 27 31 Briggs 1 0 0 1 38 Huth 0 1 0 27 43 Cauthen 0 1 0 11 98 Fike 0 0 0 27 78 O'Connell 0 0 0 27 77 Laney 0 0 0 22 21 Kirkland 0 0 0 19 52 Johnson 0 0 0 15 76 Blanchard 0 0 0 5 53 Desai 0 0 0 1 Defense Tackles Assists RunPlay PassPlay 54 Comeau 12 2 42 22 98 Fike 10 0 46 27 92 Aaron 6 0 46 27 38 Huth 5 5 46 27 45 Rone 5 0 37 21 47 Light 4 0 36 19 99 Abdullah 3 3 41 26 77 Laney 3 2 42 22 34 McAnally 2 3 46 27 52 Johnson 2 3 36 15 43 Cauthen 2 0 6 11 31 Briggs 2 0 1 1 78 O'Connell 1 1 46 27 53 Desai 1 0 5 1 21 Kirkland 0 0 26 19 76 Blanchard 0 0 4 5 Tampa Bay Rushing Breakdown Direction Rush Yards Ave Left 5 3 0.6 Middle 26 119 4.5 Right 13 42 3.2 None 2 -3 -1.5 Run Blocking KeyBlks BlkOpps RunPlays 58 Davis 3 8 46 69 Ackerman 3 5 40 78 Fleming 2 9 46 67 Kasowski 1 5 46 23 Levy 1 6 32 74 Bedell 0 4 40 82 Denning 0 1 44 65 Galarza 0 1 12 81 Russell 0 1 7 20 Talkington 0 0 4 Tampa Bay Passing Breakdown Distance Pass Comp Yards Ave Screen 1 1 10 10.0 Short (0-8 Yds) 12 8 52 4.3 Medium (9-18 Yds) 11 6 79 7.1 Long (19+ Yds) 2 0 0 0.0 Passing Attempt Comp BdThrw Dropd Defnsd Blockd Hurried Intrcpt 9 Manuel 26 15 2 1 3 0 4 1 Receiving Target Caught Dropd Yards PassPlay 83 Stroman 8 2 1 26 22 82 Denning 6 3 0 40 26 88 McGarry 3 1 0 8 19 80 Durham 3 3 0 29 14 23 Levy 2 2 0 7 22 26 Alvey 2 2 0 10 20 20 Talkington 1 1 0 10 4 87 Pence 1 1 0 11 4 Pass Block SckAlwd PassPlay 58 Davis 0 27 78 Fleming 1 27 67 Kasowski 0 27 74 Bedell 0 25 23 Levy 0 22 69 Ackerman 0 22 65 Galarza 0 7 20 Talkington 0 4 Pass Rush Sacks PsBlks Hurries PassPlay 79 Weiland 3.0 0 2 39 99 Price 1.5 0 1 22 96 Dart 0.5 1 1 37 90 Williams 0.0 0 1 39 44 Means 0.0 0 0 41 32 Burgess 0.0 0 0 41 22 Montalvo 0.0 0 0 41 38 Koch 0.0 0 0 39 59 Ruiz 0.0 0 0 38 53 Grieco 0.0 0 0 31 43 Haugh 0.0 0 0 26 57 Luciano 0.0 0 0 15 94 Hickerson 0.0 0 0 11 93 Compton 0.0 0 0 10 34 Decoteau 0.0 0 0 9 98 Lanza 0.0 0 0 6 97 Bussard 0.0 0 0 4 56 Steinberg 0.0 0 0 2 Pass Defense Caught Defnsd Intrcpt PassPlay 22 Montalvo 4 1 0 41 38 Koch 3 1 0 39 32 Burgess 2 2 1 41 44 Means 2 2 0 41 43 Haugh 2 0 0 26 90 Williams 1 0 0 39 96 Dart 1 0 0 37 53 Grieco 1 0 0 31 59 Ruiz 0 2 0 38 79 Weiland 0 0 0 39 99 Price 0 0 0 22 57 Luciano 0 0 0 15 94 Hickerson 0 0 0 11 93 Compton 0 0 0 10 34 Decoteau 0 0 0 9 98 Lanza 0 0 0 6 97 Bussard 0 0 0 4 56 Steinberg 0 0 0 2 Defense Tackles Assists RunPlay PassPlay 32 Burgess 6 4 21 41 22 Montalvo 6 1 21 41 44 Means 5 2 21 41 79 Weiland 5 1 21 39 43 Haugh 5 0 11 26 38 Koch 4 2 20 39 53 Grieco 3 3 17 31 96 Dart 2 1 16 37 90 Williams 2 0 19 39 99 Price 2 0 6 22 57 Luciano 1 0 10 15 93 Compton 1 0 7 10 97 Bussard 1 0 5 4 59 Ruiz 0 1 18 38 94 Hickerson 0 0 8 11 34 Decoteau 0 0 5 9 98 Lanza 0 0 3 6 56 Steinberg 0 0 2 2

Last edited by wade moore : 06-04-2004 at 07:38 PM.
Old 06-04-2004, 08:07 AM   #37
wade moore
lolzcat

Sach: Ah, maybe I'll do some opinianating on the Breakers ...

GE: I definately see your point there

3ric: and yours...

So, what I think I'm going to do is give information about other teams, but be heavy on opinion. Therefore, I am not duplicating a ton of data but adding value. Plus I will be sure that I am showing at times where my team and players fit in the big picture (stat leaders, etc)
Old 06-04-2004, 03:58 PM   #38
Taco
High School JV

Quote:
[i]Note: I do not have the time, or patience to fix all of the first letters here. If anyone knows how I can fix the first letters being cut off, PLEASE let me know.

Wade, I found a solution to this problem. Download this self-extracting zip file:

hxxp://www.pcamerica.com/download/programs/drivers/generic/unidrv.exe

The files should be unzipped into this folder:

c:\winnt\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3

Note: I had to reboot my machine first in order to overwrite the existing files. They were in use after I printed something using the Generic Text only printer.

This solved the problem for me.

P.S. Congrats on your 2-0 start!
Old 06-04-2004, 07:40 PM   #39
wade moore
lolzcat

Taco: Giving me some weird errors... I guess i'll have to reboot, not prepared to do that atm .... but thanks!

And thanks for the congrats, I hope I can keep it up! Keep reading, I'm going to try and start delving into some other parts of the league this weekend...
Old 06-05-2004, 06:41 AM   #40
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Wade Moore, wanna trade CB Adolph Means for QB Justin McDavid?
Old 06-05-2004, 10:40 AM   #41
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Wade Moore, wanna trade CB Adolph Means for QB Justin McDavid?

Hahahahahaaha....

Now THAT would be one hell of an online feature, eh? Would be like movement from the AFL to the NFL
Old 06-05-2004, 10:52 AM   #42
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Hahahahahaaha....

Now THAT would be one hell of an online feature, eh? Would be like movement from the AFL to the NFL
It definatly would.

I can see it now already, other teams in the league have no idea and all of a sudden, the Maassluis Merchentman have traded draft picks to another league to get the top 3 CFL defensive backs.
And then when the IHOF draft arrives, some CFL teams steals away that franchise quarterback everybody wanted to get with the Merchantmen #1 pick in the 2007 draft.

Old 06-05-2004, 10:56 AM   #43
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
It definatly would.

I can see it now already, other teams in the league have no idea and all of a sudden, the Maassluis Merchentman have traded draft picks to another league to get the top 3 CFL defensive backs.
And then when the IHOF draft arrives, some CFL teams steals away that franchise quarterback everybody wanted to get with the Merchantmen #1 pick in the 2007 draft.

It's funny how we get what we want (on-line play) and we just want more, isn't it ... But yes, that would be INCREDIBLE... of course, there would have to be some sort of tight commish approval control to prevent rampant cheating, but that could be done easily enough...
Old 06-05-2004, 03:54 PM   #44
wade moore
lolzcat

Week 3 Preview:
Hartford Attack (0-2)
AT
Tampa Bay Torpedos(2-0)(-2)

OVERVIEW

Tampa Bay is still unable to gain respect around the league. They come into this game as 2 point underdogs, despite going 2-0, playing dominating defense, and being at home for this game (the third game in a row). Hartford has struggled thus far this year, only scoring 16 points and giving up 41. That puts their offensive scoring at 30 (T) in the league and their defensive scoring at 23rd in the league. The offense and defense seem to mirror each other. The offense is 2nd in passing yards and 30th in rushing yards (managing only 2.54 ypc as a team). Meanwile their defense is 2nd in the league in passing yards and 27th in rushing yards (giving up 3.7 ypc as a team). This does not bode well for the Attack who are going up against the 3rd leading team in the league in rushing yards (4.19 ypc along with the #2 rusher in the league thus far in Elias Alvey) and 9th leading team in passing yards allowed.

The leading rusher for Hartford, Eloy Jackson, only has 55 yards on the season on 21 carries (2.61 ypc). Despite the strong passing yardage, the Hartford passing attack has also struggled. Starting QB James Oberg only has a 54.0 QB Rating on the year and has a TD/INT ratio of 1/4. He is being pushed by the unproven Lane Teague who has thrown 17 passes on the season and has a rating of 70.9 with no interceptions. This Hartford offense will attempt to challenge one of the best defenses in the league in Tampa.

KEY MATCHUPS

TBY LT Kevin Ackerman[Rookie] vs. HAR RE Andrew Russel

Ackerman faces another veteran DE in just the second professional game of his young career. Russel accumulated 8.5 sacks last year and is on the pass to almost double that total with 2.0 so far this year. Russel also has 6 hurries already this year to far outpace the 16 all of last season. Ackerman showed his potential last week with 3/5 Key Blocks and no sacks allowed, if he can hold off Russell he should prove a valuable asset to QB Lane Manuel

HAR QB James Oberg vs TBY Secondary

This matchup seems to come up every week, and will continue to come up due to the skill in the TBY Secondary. Managing the secondary is going to be the key for every opponent that Tampa Bay faces this year, particularly those that are similar to Hartford and rely on the passing game. As mentioned earlier, this young quarterback has struggled in his sophomore season in the CFL.. He is prone to the interception and has the Tampa Bay Secondary drooling at the chances this weekend. The Secondary has only managed 2 Ints this year and would love to pick up the pace this week. Despite the lack of productivity in Ints, the Secondary has led Tampa Bay to the 9th ranking in the league in passing yards (340)allowed and 3rd in yards allowed per attempt (4.78) as they try to stay short against the LBs and away from the dominating secondary. Expect this to another tough day for a CFL in Tampa Bay.

QB Lane Manuel vs HAR Front Seven

The rate at which Manuel has been sacked this season has gone down from last year (2 per game vs. 2.7 per game). This can be attributed in part to the two rookie Linemen up front. Manuel also has a good eye for when to tuck the ball in and scramble, with 7 carries for 27 yards this season. The Hartford front seven has really struggled in getting a pass rush going this year with only 2 sacks and 6 hurries this season, ALL coming from Russel. If Ackerman does his job, then expect Manuel to have his best game of the season.

KEYS TO WINNING

Tampa Bay Torpedos
Code:
[1] Exploit the weak Hartford DL [2] Elias Alvey's continued success [3] Time of Possession dominance
Las Vegas Crawfish
Code:
[1] Contain Elias Alvey [2] Minimize turnovers [3] Gain over 100 yards rushing
FINAL THOUGHTS

The Torpedos look to have the advantage in almost every element of this game. Unless something critical happens to Alvey, expect Tampa Bay to run away with this one easily.

PREDICTION
Tampa Bay Torpedos by 17
Old 06-05-2004, 04:01 PM   #45
General Mike
Pro Starter

Good dynasty so far
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 04:07 PM   #46
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike
Good dynasty so far

Thanks GM, I'm trying. I grew to love creating dynasties in SP because it actually brought others into your game... I love it even more with MP because those you are playing can have input... Plus I just think it forces me to look at my team even closer.... I hope that others enjoy it and feel free to give input... my favorite SP dynasty was my favorite because a couple of folks started being "Fans" of my Baton Rouge Swamp rats and added color to my dynasty (Bee, where are you?!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 06-06-2004, 01:18 AM   #47
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

great dynasty! i will be reading, maybe try to start up my own at some point. To bad we don't play this season, I would love to see teh write up for our game
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 01:26 AM   #48
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug5984
great dynasty! i will be reading, maybe try to start up my own at some point. To bad we don't play this season, I would love to see teh write up for our game

*Grumbles about how the Talons some how managed to beat the Express...

Oh sorry, what thread am I in again?
Old 06-06-2004, 09:19 AM   #49
wade moore
lolzcat

2004 POTENTIAL MVP OWNER AWARD RECIPIENTS WATCH

Charleston Monitors QB Timothy Gordon
Height: 6-3
Weight: 230
Experience: 17
Born: 7-26-1966
Contract End: 2007
Joined Team: 2003
Cap Cost: $9,600,000
Hometown: Fort Gay, WV
College: Alabama
League Draft: 1st round, 2003, pick 2
Honors: 2003 Solecismic League MVP, 2003 All-CFL 2nd Team Quarterback
QB Style: Short Passes

CFL Records Held
QB Rating/Season - 98.9

Stats
Code:
Year GP GS Att Comp Pct Yards Avg Lg TD Int Sck Yards Rate 2003 14 14 399 259 64.9 3018 7.56 56 26 10 23 141 98.9 2004 2 2 53 34 64.1 414 7.81 32 3 1 5 30 99.1

THOUGHTS

Gordon has picked up where he left off last year in his 2003 Solecismic League MVP Season. His 2003 league leading QB Rating is actually slightly better this year, but at the moment is only good for 4th in the league. He has led the Monitors to a 2-0 record thus far, and shows no sign of losing anytime soon with the dominant Charleston defense. 2003 All-CFL 2nd Team Tackle LT Gregory Williams has struggled thus far in the season, giving up 2 sacks already when he only gave up 6 all of last year. Rookie C Neal Mills has also struggled so far, giving up 3 sacks in 2 games with a SPct of 5.4. If the line can shore up, expect Gordon to be a legitimate contender again this year for the MVP Award.

Tucson Toros RB Chester Brumley
Height: 5-11
Weight: 200
Experience: 11
Born: 6-12-1972
Contract End: 2004
Cap Cost: $4,490,000
Hometown: West Union, IA
College: Toledo
League Draft: 5th round, 2003, pick 5
Honors: 2003 CFL Offensive Player of the Year, 2003 All-CFL 1st Team Running Back

CFL Records Held
None

Stats
Code:
Year GP GS Att Yards Avg Lg TD 2003 16 16 361 1349 3.7 31 9 2004 2 2 48 194 4.0 36 1

THOUGHTS

Tucson's star running back continues to benefit from a balanced offensive game. The team is 7th in passing yards and 11th in rushing yards, while Brumley is 6th in the league in rushing yards this year. One of the advantages to Brumley is that he is very consistent coming from behind one of the best run blocking lines in the league. While there are no superstars on the line, all of them are amongst the tops in their position in run blocking. Brumley will need to have more 100 yard games after managing just 86 yards last week if he hopes to compete for the MVP Award.

Portland Knights QB Landon Hurst
Height: 6-4
Weight: 229
Experience: 6
Born: 6-16-1977
Contract End: 2007
Cap Cost: $9,600,000
Hometown: Gilmer, TX
College: Texas - El Paso
League Draft: 1st round, 2003, pick 24
Honors: 2003 CFL Championship MVP, 2003 All-CFL 1st Team Quarterback

CFL Records Held
Pass Yards/Playoff Game - 338

Stats
Code:
Year GP GS Att Comp Pct Yards Avg Lg TD Int Sck Yards Rate 2003 16 16 495 329 66.4 3827 7.73 78 25 12 33 207 96.4 2004 2 2 52 39 75.0 415 7.98 26 2 0 3 19 110.6

THOUGHTS

In his bid to repeat as CFL Champion with the Knights, Hurst is showing that last year was no fluke. While starting RB Rodger Rubenstein is struggling with only 2.7 ypc, Hurst has picked up the slack. He is second in the league in QB Rating with his 110.6 and 2003 All-CFL 1st Team Wide Receiver FL Matt Brunner is on the pace to up his reception total from 74 to 96 this year. Portland is 2-0 and has one of the highest powered offenses in the league, where they are 3rd in points per game with 27.5.

Albany Engineers QB Rocky McFarland
Height: 6-4
Weight: 240
Experience: 7
Born: 4-1-1976
Contract End: 2009
Cap Cost: $8,950,000
Hometown: Gilbert, AZ
College: Arkansas
League Draft: 3rd Round, 2003, pick 32
QB Style: Long Passes
Honors: None

CFL Records Held
Passing TDs/Game - 5

Stats
Code:
Year GP GS Att Comp Pct Yards Avg Lg TD Int Sck Yards Rate 2003 13 13 433 255 58.8 3059 7.06 54 20 9 52 315 87.3 2004 2 2 61 41 67.2 438 7.18 44 5 0 5 30 115.3

THOUGHTS

In his 7th year in the league, McFarland has really increased his efficiency. He continues to rely on 2003 All-CFL 1st Team Wide Receiver FL John Gunter as a primary target(8 receptions, 88 yards, 1 TD). SE Tony Jolin has also picked up his productivity, with 8 receptions, 96 yards, and 1 TD. The biggest downside for McFarland right now is that he is injured again, with a strained hamstring. The Engineers are hopeful that he will not miss any playing time, but it is likely that he will not play at 100%

Chicago Hitmen RB Arthur Brady
Height: 5-10
Weight: 236
Experience: 4
Born: 10-12-1979
Contract End: 2008
Cap Cost: $2,810,000
Hometown: Alamosa, CO
College: Tulsa
League Draft: 16th Round, 2003, pick 4
Honors: 2003 All-CFL Owner 1st Team Running Back

CFL Records Held
Rush Att/Game - 42
Rush Yards/Game - 227
Rush Yards/Season - 1,721

Stats
Code:
Year GP GS Att Yards Avg Lg TD 2003 16 16 398 1721 4.3 50 9 2004 2 2 63 316 5.0 23 0

THOUGHTS

Brady continues his completely dominating performance from last year. Often after a 1,500+ yard season a RB has a fall-off, but Brady has actually improved this year upping his ypc to a league leading 5.0 yards. He also holds the league lead in rushing yards, a full 61 yards ahead of Tampa Bay Torpedos RB Elias Alvey. Brady runs behind a tough line, particularly on the right side where the team has its highest productivity at 6.41 ypc.

PREDICTION

After two weeks into the season, Albany QB Rocky McFarland is my selection. As long as he can shake of his injury, he is tearing apart the competition. His Receivers are some of the best performers in the league, and he has a stellar defense to back him up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...

Last edited by wade moore : 06-06-2004 at 06:01 PM.
Old 06-06-2004, 03:09 PM   #50
Taco
High School JV

This is great stuff, wade! I really enjoyed reading this.

Quote:
IHOF Records Held

Now I know you want to trade players across leagues, but this is going a bit too far...