Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-02-2004, 04:15 PM   #1
ScottVib
High School Varsity

Apparently Tigger's do more then bounce.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...home-headlines

Quote:
'Tigger' arrested on molestation charges

Costumed character at Disney World charged with fondling girl, mother.

By Anthony Colarossi | Sentinel Staff Writer
Posted April 2, 2004, 4:49 PM EST

Orange County Sheriff's Office investigators have arrested a Walt Disney World employee who worked as the character "Tigger" and charged him with molesting a 13-year-old girl and her mother while posing with them for pictures in February.

Michael Chartrand, 36, was charged with one count of lewd and lascivious molestation of a child between 12 and 15 years old and one count of simple battery.

He was booked into the Orange County Jail today on a $2,500 bond.

A Disney spokeswoman said Chartrand has been suspended without pay.

The sheriff's office received a complaint that a costumed character at Disney World had touched a girl and her mother inappropriately while their pictures were being taken with the character Feb. 21. According to an incident report, Chartrand fondled the breasts of the girl and the mother while posing for pictures at the Magic Kingdom's Toon Town.

"As the photo was being taken, [the victim] claims that Tigger moved his right hand up to her right breast and started massaging it several times," the incident report states. [The victim] became very embarrassed and ashamed of the incident and claims that she did not say anything to her mother until they left the park."

Later, the girl learned that the costumed character had done the same thing to her mother with his left hand, the report says.

In a charging affadavit filed in court, police wrote that Chartrand told them he had trouble remembering things, but was "very sorry for everything that had occurred," and hoped the victim would forgive him for what he had done.

The girl and her father reported the incident on Feb. 29.

I would think that sexual battery charges against patrons while at work would result in more then a suspension without pay.

ScottVib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 04:19 PM   #2
Desnudo
Coordinator

Innocent before proven guilty, even in the 100 Acre Wood.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 04:20 PM   #3
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Well that Tiggers checks will bounce soon enough
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 04:26 PM   #4
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

"I didn't do no molesterating!" exclaimed Tigger.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 04:26 PM   #5
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

Could you even feel a breast wearing the big, thick paws of the Tigger outfit?
Old 04-02-2004, 04:31 PM   #6
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn&TheLions
Could you even feel a breast wearing the big, thick paws of the Tigger outfit?

That's what I was thinking. With those costumes they wear, it's entirely possible that he didn't even realize what he was doing. Not saying he didn't do it...but I could see how it might happen.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 04:35 PM   #7
yabanci
College Benchwarmer

wow, a mother/daughter/Tigger threesome. That's kinky.
yabanci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 06:41 PM   #8
Franklinnoble
Banned

"Winnie The Pooh never objected when I grabbed his man-tits."
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 07:32 PM   #9
SFL Cat
College Starter

Fondlin', that's something that Tiggers do best....woo hoo hoo hoo!
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 09:37 PM   #10
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Buzz Lightyear fondled my wife's ass at Disney World. I've even got the pictures to prove it.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 11:05 PM   #11
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkspr
Buzz Lightyear fondled my wife's ass at Disney World. I've even got the pictures to prove it.

hey man pics plz tks
Old 04-02-2004, 11:15 PM   #12
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkspr

Did Woody show up too?

Alright, I've officially reached my one bad joke quota for the day!
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 06:48 AM   #13
Ksyrup

'Tigger' Found Not Guilty Of Molesting Girl

36-Year-Old Faced Up To 15 Years In Prison

POSTED: 3:01 PM EDT August 4, 2004
UPDATED: 7:12 AM EDT August 5, 2004

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A Walt Disney World worker who portrayed the character Tigger was found not guilty Wednesday of touching the breast of a 13-year-old girl while posing for a photo at the Magic Kingdom.

Jurors found 36-year-old Michael Chartrand not guilty of misdemeanor battery and lewd and lascivious molestation, a felony, after deliberating for less than one hour. He had faced 15 years in prison if convicted.

Chartrand hugged his attorneys when he heard the verdict.

The prosecutor and defense lawyer ended their closing arguments in Michael Chartrand's molestation trial at about 5:15 p.m.

Defense attorney Jeffrey Kaufman tried on the Tigger costume late Wednesday in an effort to show jurors how difficult it would be to know exactly where a person's hands are when posing for photos.

Meanwhile, Assistant State Attorney William Jay displayed several photos seized from Chartrand's home showing him posing with theme park visitors.

Prosecutors claimed 90 percent of the photos contained young girls and several showed his hands in a questionable position that may violate Disney rules.

One photo showed the 13-year-old victim taken just before or after she claimed she was groped.

But, Chartrand said he had no way of knowing whether all of the photos showed him or his costumed co-worker. He also said he collected the photos to show his family and supervisors, according to the report.

Chartrand Denies Touching Girl

Earlier Wednesday, Chartrand answered "no" when asked if he had ever touched anyone inappropriately while working as a costumed character at the theme park resort.

Chartrand said he wrote a letter of apology to the girl who he didn't remember, but only at the urging of a detective investigating the case. The detective told him it would make the girl feel better, Chartrand testified.

"I believe he was trying to get me to admit to something I would never do, fondling or groping a female," Chartrand said of the detective.

Jurors were also shown dozens of the photos as Jay questioned Chartrand about whether the hands of the characters were placed appropriately on waists, shoulders and rib cages.

Attorney Grills Victim's Mother

Chartrand's defense attorney has contended that the girl's mother was merely after money and planned to sue Disney. The mother also claimed Tigger had touched her breast too during the visit to Disney World last February, although no criminal charges were filed on her allegation.

Wednesday, the mother of the victim described her daughter's condition after the alleged incident and admitted that she planned to file a lawsuit against Disney during testimony in Orange County court.

"Did you ever discuss suing Disney with the father of the child?" an attorney asked the mother.

"It came up, yes," she replied.

"When did it come up?" the attorney asked.

"I don't know, I talk with him every day," the mother said.

"Didn't you originally tell me you did not discuss it with him?" the attorney asked.

"I don't remember," she said. Prosecutors acknowledge that the victim's mother lied to them about a possible lawsuit, Local 6 News reported.

During Wednesday's testimony, the mother also said her daughter has been embarrassed by the incident.

The prosecution read an e-mail written by the victim's mother to Walt Disney World in an apparent effort to rebuild her credibility, Local 6 News reported.

"Tigger had fondled under her arm and kept touching her right breast. She was embarrassed and ashamed and didn't want to tell me at that time. She has been crying a lot and does not want to come back to Disney World or ever see Tigger again," she wrote.

If convicted, Chartrand could have been sentenced to a maximum of 15 years in prison.

Earlier this week, he rejected a plea offer that would have given him only probation.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 08-05-2004, 07:42 AM   #14
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I can't tell you about my experience with Tigger. All I can say is he lied about it being bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun.

And then he never even called me. *sob*
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 07:48 AM   #15
Ksyrup

We went to Disney World a couple of weekends ago. I caught Tweedle Dum staring at my package.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:58 AM   #16
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
I like to go to the parades in new york and get upskirt shots of the balloon floats.

Last edited by Fritz : 08-05-2004 at 07:58 AM.
Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 08:24 AM   #17
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Hey man, at Phillies games the Phanatic is a lot bolder than that. He sticks his big snorker nose all over the place. Its better than a Spice movie.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:15 AM   #18
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Character Suspended By Disney Again, This Time As Goofy

POSTED: 6:25 am EDT September 16, 2004
UPDATED: 6:34 am EDT September 16, 2004

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The man cleared last month on claims he molested a teenager while playing Tigger at the Magic Kingdom has been suspended again. This time he was playing Goofy and is accused of shoving two other workers at Walt Disney World.

His lawyer said the man was just "goofing around because he was Goofy."

Two photographers at Disney's Animal Kingdom say Michael Chartrand came up to them in his Goofy costume and shoved each in the chest, Orange County Sheriff's Capt. Bernie Presha said Wednesday.

The photographers, a male and female whose names were not released, vold officers that they at first thought the Goofy character was a friend who was joking around, but said they thought it unlike their friend to have shoved them.

Later, when the character took off his costume head backstage, they saw that it was not their friend, Presha said. The photographers, who work for Kodak, told their bosses, who contacted Disney who called the sheriff's office.

Jeffrey Kaufman, Chartrand's attorney in the Tigger case, said the new claims were bogus.

"Goofy is clways playful," said Kaufman, who himself portrays characters at Disney part time and said he has played Goofy "hundreds of times."
Video

Attorney Grills Victim's Mother In Tigger Molestation Trial
Tigger Costume Shown In Court
Tigger Costume Entered As Evidence; Jurors To Try On Costume
36-Year-Old Man Accused Of Groping Girl At Magic Kingdom Goes On Trial

"Of course he was goofing around because he was Goofy!" Kaufman said.

Earlier this year, Disney suspended Chartrand after a 13-year-old accused him of fondling her while he was dressed as Tigger. A jury acquitted Chartrand of those charges, and Disney let him return to work Aug. 6.

Kaufman said Disney sees Chartrand as a liability and is using this false claim against him.

He also said the two Kodak employees shoved Chartrand back, as part of routine horseplay among cast members and greeters meant to entertain patrons.

"That's the joke about this," Kaufman said. "You're supposed to fool around, be animated. I knew for Michael it would be tough for him to go back. I told him he would be a walking bull's-eye."

Disney spokeswoman Jacquee Polak said Chartrand was suspended Aug. 30 and would remain so indefinitely. Kaufman said the suspension was unpaid.

"It is our policy to place any employee accused of misconduct on suspension until all the facts are known," Disney said in a statement.

Presha said that the State Attorney's Office would decide whether to file misdemeanor charges. He said a sheriff's report was not yet available because detectives were backlogged as a result of recent hurricanes.

Chartrand, 36, a native of England, had been living at his sister's home in nearby Kissimmee but was not there Wednesday. Fran Chartrand referred all inquiries to Kaufman.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:19 AM   #19
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Which brings to mind one of my favorite jokes:

Court room scene, divorce trial. Mickey Mouse is speaking to the judge about his reasons for seeking a divorce.

Judge: "But Mr. Mouse, you still haven't demonstrated to this Court any grounds for Ms. Mouse being insane."

Mickey Mouse (use the voice): "I never said she was insane. I said she was fucking Goofy."

Last edited by WSUCougar : 09-16-2004 at 11:20 AM.
WSUCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 11:26 AM   #20
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
"I didn't do no molesterating!" exclaimed Tigger.

Beautifuly done, even if it was five months ago.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:47 AM   #21
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
Beautifuly done, even if it was five months ago.

I'm picturing one of those Family Guy-type scenes where I pitch my one-liner, then you sit there, blank-faced, watching the sun and moon pass each day, until one day 5 months later, you bust out laughing.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:51 AM   #22
Huckleberry
College Starter

I believe it should have been "molestating".

Course, I could be wrong. Either way it was outstanding.

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings

Last edited by Huckleberry : 09-16-2004 at 11:53 AM.
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 11:52 AM   #23
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry
I believe it should have been "molestating".

I disagree. Ksyrup hit it perfectly.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 11:53 AM   #24
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
His lawyer said the man was just "goofing around because he was Goofy."
That, my friends, is an ironclad defense.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 11:54 AM   #25
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar

Court room scene, divorce trial. Mickey Mouse is speaking to the judge about his reasons for seeking a divorce.

Judge: "But Mr. Mouse, you still haven't demonstrated to this Court any grounds for Ms. Mouse being insane."

Mickey Mouse (use the voice): "I never said she was insane. I said she was fucking Goofy."

Must... not... damn... I...............cant.......... hold it........

*dies*
Old 09-16-2004, 11:56 AM   #26
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97
That, my friends, is an ironclad defense.

You could conceivable get away with most anything using this line of reasoning.
Old 09-16-2004, 03:05 PM   #27
Suicane75
Coordinator

Snow White had giant breasts when I visitied Disney. Good times.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 03:45 PM   #28
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

This is a non-story. Those people were playing along until they found out it wasn't who they thought it was. Only then were they upset and wanted to report it.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 03:48 PM   #29
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75

That's the great thing about Goofy. He can squeeze them because he's, you know, just goofing around.
Old 09-16-2004, 04:03 PM   #30
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar

Very nice.

Not to mention that it might have killed Noop.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 05:08 PM   #31
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:

Pix pls, kthx.
Old 09-16-2004, 05:22 PM   #32
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
Pix pls, kthx.
hxxp://shop.trashy.com/modelpics/200x300/5152.jpg
Old 09-16-2004, 05:26 PM   #33
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

Disneyland sure has gotten better since the last time I was there.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 05:29 PM   #34
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:

Did you ever know that you're my hero?
Old 09-16-2004, 05:30 PM   #35
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
Did you ever know that you're my hero?

Am I everything you wished you could be?
Old 09-23-2004, 11:01 AM   #36
rkmsuf
Head Coach

This guy is the master. He's managed to fondle people as Tigger, Goofy and himself. It's sort of an accomplishment.

Disney Character Faces More 'Touching' Accusations

POSTED: 4:27 pm EDT September 22, 2004
UPDATED: 8:57 am EDT September 23, 2004

The 36-year-old man cleared last month on claims he molested a teen while playing Tigger at the Magic Kingdom faces new charges that he inappropriately touched two Disney co-workers, according to Local 6 News.

Michael Chartrand was suspended last month after the trial over new allegations that he pushed two photographers at Disney's Animal Kingdom while dressed as the character Goofy.

As part of the investigation, Local 6 News learned Wednesday that two more Animal Kingdom workers have come forward claiming Chartrand touched their breasts.

The two women claim that Chartrand touched them when he checked their Disney pin lanyards.

One woman told detectives that Chartrand reached out and grabbed the lanyard, which was hanging around her neck, Local 6 News reported. While doing so, Chartrand reportedly touched the woman's breast, according to the statement.

"When you wear one of those things (lanyard) you are asking people to look at your pins, to switch pins with you, to trade pins," Jeffrey Kaufman, Chartrand's attorney said. "That is why this case probably won't go anywhere."

Kaufman, who also plays Tigger at Disney, said Chartrand is being targeted by his co-workers.

The state attorney will decide whether to file new charges against Chartrand, Local 6 News reported.

Chartrand is currently overseas, staying with family in England.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:10 AM   #37
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

In a related story, a man who dresses as Eyor the donkey has filed suit against Chartrand, claiming that his ongoing depression is a direct result of Chartrand touching him while dressed as a cartoon Catholic priest.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:21 AM   #38
JeeberD
General Manager

Think it's time for homie to get a new job...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 05:46 AM   #39
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Think it's time for homie to get a new job...

Only because people are going to keep going after him until he is gone.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:22 AM   #40
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:

I wonder what the odds are that this is a picture of Dita Von Teese...

(of course that would probably be an off-limit pic....so probably not)
Old 09-24-2004, 08:59 AM   #41
Mac Howard
Sick as a Parrot

>Chartrand hugged his attorneys when he heard the verdict

Who're now alleging molestation and battery ................

Do you get the impression this guy doesn't have great karma?
Old 09-24-2004, 10:36 AM   #42
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekneek
Only because people are going to keep going after him until he is gone.

Exactly.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 11:17 AM   #43
timmynausea
College Starter

It's weird that in all three cases the alleged victims did not contact authorities immediately. They all waited.

Last edited by timmynausea : 09-24-2004 at 11:18 AM.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 03:15 AM   #44
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

My favorite joke of all time!
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 09:39 AM   #45
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Prosecutors claimed 90 percent of the photos contained young girls and several showed his hands in a questionable position that may violate Disney rules.

methinks someone has a problem. i was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt - those costumes can be thick and i'm sure it's possible for someone to not be aware of exactly what they're touching (besides, if they're so thick what kind of enjoyment can they derive from it?), the above revelation is disturbing.

too bad he'll be fired. if he goes out into the public and disappears who knows where he'll end up (a school?). at least now Disney knows they shouldn't let him get into costume. make him a ticket collector or have him be a cashier at one of their novelty shops. someone where touching is not allowed. the point is it's apparent he has a problem - so rather than unleash him out into the world where he can turn up somewhere just as dangerous for children - put him in a non-threatening position where interaction w/ the public is limited.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 09:44 AM   #46
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Just because the prosecutors claimed it does not make it so. Prosecutors claim lots of things everyday in this country, and they fail to convince a jury that their claims are true...when they are exposed to all the facts that we are not given in these news stories. If his jury absorbed all the evidence and found him not guilty that means something to me that goes beyond what some people, who only have a problem once they find out who it is, claim.

Last edited by Tekneek : 09-25-2004 at 09:45 AM.
Old 09-25-2004, 11:38 PM   #47
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72
I wonder what the odds are that this is a picture of Dita Von Teese...

I'm 90% sure that that IS Dita Von Teese.
Old 09-26-2004, 04:54 PM   #48
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
I'm 90% sure that that IS Dita Von Teese.

Actually...I looked. It's not - it's Linda O'Neill.
Old 09-26-2004, 04:56 PM   #49
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72
Actually...I looked. It's not - it's Linda O'Neill.

Doh! I'm a moron. Now that you say that, it's very obvious to me when I look at the picture. I know Dita did a similar set, but she doesn't really look like Linda O'Neill at all. I should've known better.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:42 AM   #50
Ksyrup

It's the Curse of the Tigger. Maybe Disney just needs to retire this character...

Father: Costumed 'Tigger' hit my son

Associated Press

ORLANDO, Fla. - A Walt Disney World employee dressed as the character "Tigger" was accused of hitting a child while posing for a photo, a spokeswoman for the theme park said Saturday.

Park officials temporarily suspended Michael J. Fedelem while they investigate the accusations, Disney spokeswoman Zoraya Suarez said.

"Naturally, physical altercations between cast members and guests are not tolerated," Suarez said.

Jerry Monaco of New Hampshire videotaped his son, Jerry Jr., posing with the costumed character at Disney-MGM Studios on Friday and recorded the confrontation, according to a statement from the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

The father said Fedelem intentionally hit his son "on or about the head," said sheriff's spokesman Carlos M. Padilla. "The tape only shows a fraction of what happened. Now it's up to us to find out what led up to that."

A message left by The Associated Press for Monaco was not immediately returned. A telephone listing for Fedelem could not be located.

In 2004 a Walt Disney World employee dressed as Tigger was accused of touching the breast of a 13-year-old girl while she posed with him for a photo. A jury found the man not guilty.