Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-02-2004, 09:50 PM   #1
Havok
College Starter

Maniacal Misfitz HT Dynasty Season 4 (The Wrath of IV.41)

For the 3 previous seasons of Misfitz soccer check out the links below.

Misfitz Season 1

Misfitz Season 2

Misfitz Season 3

We're back again!!!! The Maniacal Misfitz 4th hattrick season kicks off today and its gonna be one hell of a roller coster ride! Everything is gonna change this season for us.... no more steam rolling over our entire divison. Now we're gonna be fighting our ass off for every win we get. Noone in my new divison is gonna be an easy victory for us (expect the bot team). This should make for quite in interesting season. My guys are gonna be put to the test week in and week out and so are my managing skills. I'll have to choose my PIC's and MOTS's wisely if the Misfitz are gonna succeed.

Last season we rocked and rolled all season, dominating our divison and "almost" going undefeated in leagueplay. But the last game of the season we got seriously upset by an inferior team 1-0. I still have a bad taste in my mouth from that game. But its time to get over that and set my sights on divison IV.41. Hopfully my usual group of readers (and a few new ones i hope ) will come along for the ride as the Misfitz try to stay in divison IV and avoid demotion back to divison V.

Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 10:08 PM   #2
Havok
College Starter

Arena

Arena: The Island of Misfit Toyz

Belongs to: Maniacal Misfitz
Region : Florida
Last improvement: 11/12/2003
Total capacity: 32000
Terraces: 20160
Basic seating: 8000
Seats under roof: 3200
Seats in VIP boxes: 640

Once i get a little money in the bank, my first order of business will be to upgrade my arena to around 42,000 - 45,000 seats.

The Club

Youth Squad: excellent
Investment in the Youth squad: 20 000 US$ / week

Goaltending Coaches: 2
Assistant Coaches: 8
Sport Psychologists: 1
Spokepersons: 10
Economists: 0
Physiotherapists: 10
Doctors: 2

Supporter Club

Sponsors: satisfied
Supporter Club: 1641 members
Supporters: calm
Old 03-02-2004, 10:14 PM   #3
Havok
College Starter

Misfitz Supporters

1. johnnyveigns
Supporter since: 2004-02-23 03:01:05

2. TheHerd
Supporter since: 2004-01-02 21:02:38

3. jessinms
Supporter since: 2004-01-02 21:01:39

4. finketr
Supporter since: 2003-12-03 04:12:43

5. FantasyBandit
Supporter since: 2003-10-30 17:40:48

6. hulsey
Supporter since: 2003-10-22 01:14:10

7. Masked
Supporter since: 2003-10-21 21:38:23

8. DukeRulesMAB
Supporter since: 2003-10-19 05:55:13

9. JProElement
Supporter since: 2003-10-03 21:27:56

10. Drunson
Supporter since: 2003-09-23 13:52:18

11. Desnudo
Supporter since: 2003-08-10 05:28:22

12. FofcGoldenEagle
Supporter since: 2003-08-02 06:25:21

13. terpkristin
Supporter since: 2003-06-07 01:10:33

14. RonnieDobbs
Supporter since: 2003-04-15 01:34:52

15. mckerney
Supporter since: 2003-04-10 05:45:24

16. The_Afoci
Supporter since: 2003-03-19 00:17:20

Big thanks to all my supporters!!!!!
Old 03-02-2004, 11:45 PM   #4
Havok
College Starter

Divison Breakdown

1. Monkey of Doom (70258)

Last Season Finish - 7th in III.7

Average NSI Rating - 90 - 100+

Strength - Defense

Weakness - Midfield and Offense

This is the divison III demotee, MOD is one badass defensive team with a USA National teamer on his squad (Dane Crain) and soon to be a couple more national teamers im sure. But he's one of those stubborn defender trainers with a defensive coach and runs a 5-3-2 with only 2 midfielders. So his midfield is suspect and his offensive is average. I doubt i'll have any chance verus this team anytime soon, espically if he wises up and plays 3 middies. I think he'll either finish first or second in the divison this season.

2. Pegasus (70403)

Last Season Finish - 2nd in IV.41

Average NSI Rating - 88 - 93

Strength - Midfield

Weakness - none

Pegasus is a very midfield heavy team with a strong offense and an average defense. Anchored by two 6 star middies, i have almost no hope of beating these guys this season. I have a feeling they're midfield will be to much for MOD and they'll win the divison. Hopfully they'll promote also so i won't have to deal with them anymore

3. Havoc (71573)

Last Season Finish - 3rd in IV.41

Average NSI Rating - 86 - 91

Strength - Defense

Weakness - none

Two Havoc/k's in one divison!!!!! The Owner of Havoc (his name is Havoc aswell) is the creator of another HT federation that im apart of and i've spoken to him a few times over the last 6 months or so. Kinda cool that we ended up in the same divison. He's goalie trainer and he's got a very well balanced squad. Strong defense, good midfield, and above average offense. They're only true weakness is a poor leadership coach and he's a semi-daytrader (which i dispise) so after his USA cup run is over he'll have pretty crappy TS for most of the season(unless he gets a new coach of course). I can almost guarentee Havoc will finish no lower the 3rd place in the divison, maybe second if he pulls an upset or 2.

4. Cons Commandos

BOT TEAM!!!! WOOT!!! these guys quit HT halfway through last season and still managed to get fourth place. These 2 walkover wins are gonna help me out alot.

5. Pie Eaters (71552)

Last Season Finish - 1st in V.171

Average NSI Rating - 74-78

Strength - Midfield

Weakness - Defense

The Pie Eaters are very similar to me in terms of talent. I have a better defense and they have a slightly better midfield. These guys pulled off a nice qualification win to sneak they're way into V.41 and i have a feeling both our games this season will be close. They train midfielders but im not overly impressed with they're training program. They have a 25 year old still getting training (which is taboo in my book) and none of they're back-ups are ready to play A-ball yet. So i have a feeling as this season wears on, they're midfield advantage over me will slowly disappear. Kinda hard to say what place these guys will finish this season, i'd say anywhere from 4th to 6th. More the likely 5th or 6th.

6. The Family Jewels (71848)

Last Season Finish - 1st in V.208

Average NSI Rating - 71-76

Strength - Defense

Weakness - Offense

The Jewels pulled off 1 hell of an upset to get into divison IV.41. Luck was on they're side as 3 of the opposing teams players got injuried in the game. Im not really sure what these guys train, i think they train forwards, but they run a 3-5-2 most of the time. They also have a VERY old midfield (32,32,33) so 1 or 2 injurys could really screw up they're season. I think they have the worst team in the divison and will probally finish 7th. But they are no pushover and they might surprise a few teams... including me.

7. Carebears (71356)

Last Season Finish - 1st in V.101

Average NSI Rating - 77 - 82

Strength - Midfield

Weakness - Offense

Out of 4 new teams to divison IV from divison V (including me) these guys have the best squad. They're midfield is about a full level higher then mine and our defense and offense are close. I think its gonna be a 3-way battle between Carebears, Pie Eaters, and us for forth place. And if i was a bettin man, i'd bet on The Carebears. I start off the season verus them and end the season verus them, so both our games should be exciting! Hell our last game of the season might decide fourth place

8. Maniacal Misfitz (72203)

Last Season Finish - 1st in V.251

Average NSI Rating - 74 - 79

Strength - Midfield/Defense

Weakness - Offense

With my new "Balanced" Coach (i'll talk more about him later) my defense should be quite tough this season. This will weaken my offense some, but i'll be upgrading my offense halfway through the season so hopfully i can hang on until then. I figured since im a midfield trainer that my midfield would be my main strength, but everyone in this dam divison as a good midfield also! So thats really gonna make this one tough season. Im honestly not sure what place im gonna end up in when the season is over, it could be anywhere from 3rd to 7th, (3rd and 7th both being a LONG shots). It should be dam interesting to watch
Old 03-02-2004, 11:56 PM   #5
Masked
College Starter

Go Misfitz! Good luck in IV.
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 08:36 AM   #6
DukeRulesMAB
College Prospect

Yes, yes, good luck! Very tough division, but nothing you can't handle.

FOFL: I may be the commish, but it's still pretty good.
DukeRulesMAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 11:35 PM   #7
Havok
College Starter

New Coach

Finally.... after suffering for about 1 1/2 seasosn with a poor leadership coach, im finally ready to get a new coach.... Please welcome the Misfitz new coach and semi-starting wingback... Naftali ben Aharon!!

Naftali ben Aharon (6937691)
32 years, passable form, healthy

A solid coach who is neither attack nor defense minded
A controversial person who is calm and dishonest.
Has solid experience and passable leadership abilities.

Nationality: Israel
Assessed value: 54 000 US$
Wage: 1 152 US$/week including 20% Bonus
Owner: Maniacal Misfitz
Warnings: 0

Stamina: excellent Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: weak Passing: wretched
Winger: passable Defending: passable
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: disastrous

Naftali was bought about 4 1/2 months ago to eventually take over the head coaching job for us. Anyone out there who has a 'poor' leadership coach or lower, knows how much it kills your TS and hurts your midfield rating. Naftali's passable leadership will be a HUGE help with my TS this season! and im gonna need it

Also.... after hours of discussion with Masked... i've decided to go with a balanced coach over an offensive one like i had before. This was a tough decision, but i feel you just get more "Bang" for your buck with a balanced coach. My offense with take a small hit, but my defense should gain a full level across the board... maybe even a little more. I guess we'll see after my first few games
Old 03-04-2004, 12:27 AM   #8
Havok
College Starter

Youth Pull and Economic Update

First youth pull of the year!!!!!!!!

Charlie Saunders (26987360)
19 years, passable form, healthy
A controversial person who is temperamental and dishonest.
Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Speciality: Head

Nationality: USA
Assessed value: 36 000 US$
Wage: 680 US$/week

Stamina: poor Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: inadequate Passing: inadequate
Winger: poor Defending: poor
Scoring: weak Set Pieces: inadequate

is a bum He failed to sell on the transfer market for 1k, so i fired him.

Economic Update

Cash funds: 795 209 US$ (67 375) US$
Sponsors: satisfied
Supporter Club: 1641 members
Supporters: delirious

This week

Revenue--------------------Expenses
Crowd 13 200---------------Arena 20 480
Sponsors 66 000-------------Wages 32 254
Financial 0------------------Interest 0
Temporary 0----------------Temporary 684 800
----------------------------Staff 49 500
----------------------------Youth squad 20 000
Total revenue 79 200--------Total expenses 807 034
Expected income/loss -727 834

I was up to 1.1 million last week, but 2 back-up wingers and a new coach later im down to 67k. Im hoping after my home game in week 2 i can get enough money to upgrade my stadium.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:55 AM   #9
Havoc99
n00b

Thumbs up Nice Preview

I liked the preview, you imposter

Good luck this season.
Havoc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 01:10 AM   #10
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc99
I liked the preview, you imposter

Good luck this season.

*blinks* Is that who I think it is?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 01:29 AM   #11
Masked
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok
Also.... after hours of discussion with Masked... i've decided to go with a balanced coach over an offensive one like i had before. This was a tough decision, but i feel you just get more "Bang" for your buck with a balanced coach. My offense with take a small hit, but my defense should gain a full level across the board... maybe even a little more. I guess we'll see after my first few games

Thanks for being the guinea pig. If my guy ever gets any experience I will probably go with the neutral coach as well.
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:39 AM   #12
Havok
College Starter

Glad to see you made Havoc! Feel free to jump in and slam me anytime ya want
Just don't tell anyone else in the divison about this little report. well, none of the 3 teams i'll be mainly battling with..... Carebears, Family Jewels and Pie Eaters

Masked: lol yeah... i was thinking about getting a weak balanced coach for 10k and test him out in wednesdays cup game like we talked about, but when saturday came i just "What The Hell" and made Naftali a balanced coach. Im happy with the results so far.... i'll post wednesday game ratings soon.
Old 03-04-2004, 02:13 PM   #13
Havoc99
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
*blinks* Is that who I think it is?

SI

Um, no... I mean, er, there is no Havoc!!

Havok: No worries. I've known about your dynasty thread for a couple seasons & wont share, although you may wish to take down the link if you dont want the others to find you. Other than myself, of course, I'm rooting for you & pegasus (Talad's a nice guy although he doesn't post much).

I think your evaluations are pretty accurate. As for my team, I would list midfield as my weakness although I may be addressing that soon with a trade.

As for my coach, I have the money to replace him now if I wish but I'm undecided. I have no aspirations of winning IV.41 anytime soon, so as long as I dont auto-relegate life is good. I'm either going to buy a better coach and shoot for 3rd place or just suffer through crappy TS. I have a guy who I should be able to turn into a solid/passable coach next season, so I may just suffer through a mediocre season & use my cash to buy a formidable striker.

btw, I only daytrade at the end of the season whenever my position has been locked up- so that wont hurt my TS during the year. Actually, I rarely daytrade at all anymore- I mostly did it my first 2 seasons to try to build my team more rapidly. With the current TS loss from roster turnover, it's just not worth it to me.

Good luck with Carebears, they look tough. Go rip some stuffing out of them.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:48 PM   #14
Havok
College Starter

Player Breakdown

Now its time to run through my players and tell you a little about them. My team hasn't changed much over last season and it will only change a little this season.

Goalies

Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy
901 000 US$, 20 years, excellent form
Has wretched experience and inadequate leadership abilities

Stamina: disastrous Keeper: formidable
Playmaking: disastrous Passing: disastrous
Winger: wretched Defending: disastrous
Scoring: disastrous Set Pieces: disastrous

My most expensive transfer purchese ever at $1,479,000 and its been worth every penny. Since i bought him around week 9 last season, he's been in excellent form ever since. With him in the net and my balanced coach my defensive ratings should be pretty good this season so i won't have to worry about upgrading my defenders until next season.

Marcin Landowski
412 000 US$, 23 years, solid form
Has wretched experience and passable leadership abilities

Stamina: inadequate Keeper: solid
Playmaking: disastrous Passing: disastrous
Winger: disastrous Defending: disastrous
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: weak

Since i bought Louis, Marcin here has been demoted to my back-up keeper. For the first season and a half i had Marcin he was a constant headache. His form used to jump all over the place, but last season he somehow stayed above passable form for most of the season. He's a pretty good back-up to have around and will probally be with the team for a really long time.

Defenders

My defenders are slowly becoming the weakest part of my team as i upgrade other areas. But im in no real rush to upgrade them yet, they should get the job done for now.

Omar Nairn
134 000 US$, 23 years, passable form
Has poor experience and poor leadership abilities

Stamina: excellent Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: inadequate Passing: weak
Winger: poor Defending: solid
Scoring: weak Set Pieces: inadequate

Omar is one of the first players i ever bought and has been a solid player ever since. I trained him halfway to excellent before i 'wised' up and switched to playmaking training. He's a constant 3 to 3.5 star player and will probally be a Misfit for a long time.

Joseph MacKindlay
52 000 US$, 32 years, solid form
Has excellent experience and poor leadership abilities [Quick]

Stamina: weak Keeper: wretched
Playmaking: wretched Passing: inadequate
Winger: weak Defending: solid
Scoring: weak Set Pieces: passable

This old man can play! Probally my best defender, Joseph has gottin quite a few 4 star games for the Misfitz and is almost always good for at least 3.5 stars. When i finally get around to upgarding my back 3, Joseph will be an excellent back-up defender until the day he retires.

(Coach)Naftali ben Aharon
54 000 US$, 32 years, passable form
Has solid experience and passable leadership abilities

Playmaking: weak Passing: wretched
Winger: passable Defending: passable
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: disastrous

My only "True" wingback, Naftali was an outright stud for the first 14 weeks or so after i bought him. Lately his form has been sporatic and its cost him his starting job sometimes. When played "Normal" Naftali adds a level of attack to my wing rating and still gets good defensive ratings on his side. Since he's also my coach now, Naftali will retire a Misfit.

Ismael Ferreira da Silva
88 000 US$, 22 years, excellent form
Has poor experience and weak leadership abilities [Powerful]

Playmaking: inadequate Passing: poor
Winger: poor Defending: passable

Ismael really got screwed when i switched to PM training, he was only 1 or 2 weeks away from being solid. Ismael is an excellent back-up defender and seems to maintain form pretty well.

Im very thin as far as defenders go, only having 4 defenders might come back to haunt me later on in the season if i get a couple injuries. But if i get desperate i can always buy an old cheap guy with good experiance to fill in.

Wingers

Andi Neiweiler
277 000 US$, 28 years, excellent form
Has poor experience and passable leadership abilities

Stamina: excellent Keeper: wretched
Playmaking: inadequate Passing: passable
Winger: solid Defending: inadequate
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: weak

Easily my favorite winger and one of my favorite players, Andi has been my 'Go To' winger since the day he was bought. In solid and up form, he's good for 3.5 stars a game and he's getting dam close to passable Playmaking (15 weeks of 50% training). Im not sure what the future holds for Andi, i'd like to make him my coach one day but his experiance has been going up quite slow as of late. Only time will tell if Andi remains a "Misfitz for Life" or not....

Benton Minter
84 000 US$, 21 years, passable form
Has wretched experience and inadequate leadership abilities

Playmaking: passable Passing: poor
Winger: solid Defending: poor

My first solid youth pull ever!!! He's was a solid winger,with weak PM back then. I've since trainined him up to passable PM with the 50% PM training wingers get. Benton is another guy that im not quite sure what to do with.... its possible he'll be a longtime Misfitz back-up, or he might be sold when i upgrade my wingers. But he's good for 3 stars a game and he'll get the start when i play 2 offensive wingers.

James MacChoiter
184 000 US$, 20 years, solid form
Has disastrous experience and poor leadership abilities

Stamina: inadequate Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: solid Passing: poor
Winger: passable Defending: wretched
Scoring: inadequate Set Pieces: inadequate

Just bought James last week, he still hasn't played a game for us yet, but hopfully my stamina training this week will get him up to solid stamina so he can play as a "Winger Towards The Middle" for us sometimes. He'll probally be sold when he hits formidable PM sometime next season.

Imboon Prakardsakda
155 000 US$, 20 years, passable form
Has disastrous experience and poor leadership abilities [Head]

Stamina: poor Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: solid Passing: inadequate
Winger: passable Defending: weak
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: wretched

Imboon is also a new player who has yet to play a game with the team, but he does have a kickass name He'll probally be my number 4 winger because of his poor stamina. I don't think he'll ever crack the starting line-up for us unless i keep him for a few seasons and get his stamina and PM high enough.

My wingers are fine for now.... but getting a badass offensive winger is probally second on my list of things to do.

Forwards

Maik Waldner
218 000 US$, 21 years, solid form
Has wretched experience and poor leadership abilities [Unpredictable]

Stamina: weak Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: inadequate Passing: weak
Winger: wretched Defending: poor
Scoring: formidable Set Pieces: wretched

Easily my best forward at the moment, Maik was brought in when one of my starting forwards got a 4 week injury earley last season. I Paid $1,071,000 for him and he's been solid ever since. He's was in excellent form for 8 straight weeks until last thursday when he finally dropped down to solid form. He's young with low wages and gets 3.5 stars a game. He'll be a starter for the next 1 1/2 to 2 seasons or so, then he'll make 1 hell of a back-up forward.

Bill Wright
58 000 US$, 29 years, solid form
Has inadequate experience and poor leadership abilities [Unpredictable]

Stamina: solid Keeper: disastrous
Scoring: passable Set Pieces: solid

Good old Bill... all he does is score goals Only spent 1 week below passable form since we bought him 2 seasons ago and gets 3 stars a game in passable or better form. Unfortunetly for Bill, he'll be my next starter replace midway through the season.

Abel Cano
187 000 US$, 27 years, passable form
Has wretched experience and weak leadership abilities

Stamina: solid Keeper: wretched
Playmaking: passable Passing: weak
Winger: weak Defending: inadequate
Scoring: solid Set Pieces: poor

Abel was bought halfway through my first season in Hattrick and was a very consistant player for us. But he's had two 4 week injuries in the last 2 seasons and its really effected his playing time. He might get into a couple games this season if Bill's form nose dives, but once i pick up another forward he'll be a back-up until the day he's sold.

Having only 3 forwards is kinda risky, but my next big purchese will probally be an outstanding forward halfway through the season. So if my forwards can just stay injury free for the first 8-9 weeks or so, i'll be fine

Midfielders

I had to save the best for last!!!

Huey Miller
567 000 US$, 20 years, solid form
Has wretched experience and wretched leadership abilities [Head]

Playmaking: outstanding (+3.5) Passing: poor

The backbone of my squad and Misfitz MVP last season, i just love Huey His secondary's suck obviously, but he's my farthest along midfielder and is always in good form. Huey will stick with the club until next season when he hits "World Class" PM, then he'll probally be sold.

Jakob Noer Mogensen
381 000 US$, 21 years, poor form
Has wretched experience and inadequate leadership abilities [Quick]

Playmaking: outstanding (+1) Passing: weak
Winger: poor Defending: inadequate
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: inadequate

Jakob's time with the Misfitz is almost over. In 8 or 9 weeks, he will hit brilliant PM and then he'll be sold. Jakob used to be one of my most consistant players, but for some reason, he's hit a serious form drout. He won't be starting anytime soon unless he climbs his way back up to at least inadequate form.

Joaquim Neiva
338 000 US$, 20 years, inadequate form
Has wretched experience and weak leadership abilities [Unpredictable]

Playmaking: formidable (+1) Passing: passable
Winger: weak Defending: disastrous

Jaoquim was also in quite a form drout but he seems to be pulling out of it i hope. He's my number 1 "Offensive" middy right now and he helps out my central attack alot. Im not sure what the future holds for Jaoquim, he'll at least make it to Brilliant PM at the start of next season, but depending on what my team looks like then... i might train him to Magnificant.

Torbjörn Jonasson
431 000 US$, 19 years, solid form
Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities [Unpredictable]

Playmaking: formidable Passing: poor
Winger: weak Defending: passable
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: poor

Currently slated as my number 4 middy, Tor is an excellent defensive middy! Thats a high passable defense he's got and it shows when i play him defensively. When Jakob is sold, Tor will fill in for him without missing a beat. And since Jakob's form blows right now, Tor has been getting his first taste of A-team soccer!!!

Iver Dyrberg
313 000 US$, 18 years, passable form
Has disastrous experience and poor leadership abilities [Unpredictable]

Playmaking: formidable (+2) Passing: inadequate

Please say hello to Mr. Franchise himself... Iver Dyrberg!!! By far my best trainee ever, He should have no problem hitting Brilliant PM before his 19th birthday and should crack the starting line-up next season. Im hoping i can get him onto the Danmark U-20 team also.... i know his chances are slim because danmark is so big, but ya never no!!!

Karl Leitner
180 000 US$, 18 years, passable form
Has disastrous experience and wretched leadership abilities

Playmaking: solid(+3) Passing: inadequate
Winger: wretched Defending: passable
Scoring: inadequate Set Pieces: passable

Someday Karl will be a hell of a player, his secondary's are great and he's even pretty good at Set Peices. But his somewhat low PM for his age will keep him from my starting line-up for awhile.

I love the way my midfielders are set up right now.... when i decide to sell one i'll always have another thats only about 1 level below in PM to take his place. Thats the way im gonna try to keep it.

Final Thought

Overall im pretty happy with my team right now.... i have a few holes that i need to address but i should be able to fill them this season. I only plan on selling 1 midfielder this season and with that 2.4 million or so i get for selling Jakob, i plan on buying a outstanding forward with good passing. Im also hoping i can get a good youth pull or 2 for a change and get a nice offensive winger preferably outstanding, but formidable will do aswell.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:29 PM   #15
Havok
College Starter

Season 4 - USA Cup Game - Round 1

Atlanta Eagles - vs - Maniacal Misfitz

Finally!!! The first offical game of the season!!! While its only against a crappy bot team, at least i can get an idea of what my ratings will be with my new balanced coach. Im not expecting my attack ratings to drop very much at all and my defensive ratings should go up about 1 level across the back. This is also my first PIC with a coach that doesn't have horrible leadership!!! Its gonna be great not having to watch my TS drop a level every 2-3 days! Not much else to add about this game.... i'll probally win huge and im praying for no injuries.

Starters

GK - Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy

Right Wingback - Omar Nairn (Defensive)
Central Defender - Joseph MacKindlay
Left Wingback - Ismael Ferreira da Silva (Defensive)

Right Winger - Jakob Noer Mogensen (Towards The Middle)
Inner Midfielder 1 - Torbjörn Jonasson (Defensive)
Inner Midfielder 2 - Joaquim Neiva (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 3 - Huey Miller
Left Winger - Andi Neiweiler (Offensive)

Forward 1 - Bill Wright
Forward 2 - Maik Waldner

Most the starters are in there today... Since Jakob is in such horrible form, i stuck him in at winger and let Torbjorn play middy. Unless a miricle happens on thursday's training/form update, Jakob will start the season on the B-team. As for the rest of the team..... form ain't looking to great. Noone is in really bad form (besides Jakob), but noone is in really good form either except my goalie Louis. And with stamina training this week, i have a feeling its gonna get alot worse.

The Match

7000 spectators had come to Atlanta Dome this cloudy day. Atlanta had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. Lineup: Malone - Gregg, Nickerson, Selladurai, Jones - Burdick, Brown, Robertson, Curry - Gibbons, Diosdado.

Maniacal had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Geoffroy - Nairn, MacKindlay, Ferreira da Silv - Noer Mogensen, Miller, Neiva, Jonasson, Neiweiler - Wright, Waldner.

Joaquim Neiva of Maniacal received a yellow card in the 11th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour.

Ismael Ferreira da Silva received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 13th minute and almost caused an opponent to score.

In the 19:th minute the visitors broke through on the right after some poor defending and Maik Waldner put the ball away for 0 - 1.

Maniacal had, after 21 minutes of the game, worked the left side industriously, creating several opportunities to add to their lead, but somehow didn´t achieve closure.

Maniacal's Omar Nairn scored 0 - 2 by shooting accurately and hard from a long distance, leaving the opponent goalie no other option than to pick up the ball from the net.

After 25 minutes a combination in the middle resulted in a through ball for Torbjörn Jonasson who increased Maniacal´s lead to 0 - 3. After this Maniacal lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts.

After 25 minutes Maniacal´s Joaquim Neiva contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game.

The visitors Huey Miller took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 29:th minute. 0 - 4 for Maniacal.

The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 4. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Maniacal, with an impressive 80 percent possession of the ball.

The visitors Joaquim Neiva took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 49:th minute. 0 - 5 for Maniacal.

The referee signalled a penalty in the 67:th minute following an offence just inside of the box. Bill Wright knocked home 0 - 6 just out of reach for the goaltender.

The referee showed Maniacals Omar Nairn the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge.

Andi Neiweiler increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 7.

Maniacal, bringing the final ball possession rate to 86 percent, dominated the battle.

Atlanta´s best player was Johnny Brown. Delmer Nickerson on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Maniacal player was without a doubt Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy. However, Jakob Noer Mogensen made a disastrous appearance.

The match ends 0 - 7

Goals

1 - Maik Waldner (19)
1 - Omar Nairn (24)
1 - Torbjörn Jonasson (25)
1 - Huey Miller (29)
1 - Joaquim Neiva (49)
1 - Bill Wright (67)
1 - Andi Neiweiler (71)

Player Ratings

4.5 - Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy

3.0 - Omar Nairn (Defensive)
3.5 - Joseph MacKindlay
3.0 - Ismael Ferreira da Silva (Defensive)

2.0 - Jakob Noer Mogensen (Towards The Middle)
4.0 - Torbjörn Jonasson (Defensive)
3.0 - Joaquim Neiva (Offensive)
4.0 - Huey Miller
3.5 - Andi Neiweiler (Offensive)

3.0 - Bill Wright
3.5 - Maik Waldner

37 - Stars

Team Ratings

Maniacal Misfitz
Player rating and Team formation

Midfield: passable - (6)
Right Side Defence: outstanding - (10)
Central Defence: brilliant - (11)
Left Side Defence: magnificent - (12)
Right Side Attack: inadequate - (5)
Central Attack: excellent - (8)
Left Side Attack: formidable - (9)

NSI - 73

Atlanta Eagles

Midfield: wretched - (2)
Right Side Defence: weak - (4)
Central Defence: inadequate - (5)
Left Side Defence: weak - (4)
Right Side Attack: poor - (3)
Central Attack: poor - (3)
Left Side Attack: poor - (3)

NSI - 28

Post Game Comments

Not bad.... not bad at all. It Looks like im gonna enjoy having a balanced coach . It worked out just like i thought it would, my attack didn't lose much and my defense got a nice boost. I picked up my first ever magnificent rating also!!! Anyway, the game went pretty good, easy 7-0 win and no injuries. Torbjorn played 1 hell of a match getting his first ever 4 star game. Its gonna hurt having Jakob on the bench bcause of his horrible form, but at least Torbjorn is a very solid fill in. No other real surprises in today game, everyone played about how i thought they would. Now its time to set our sites on the first league game of the season and our first ever divison IV league game!!!

lUpnext, This weeks training and form update
Old 03-05-2004, 02:25 PM   #16
Havoc99
n00b

Any prediction on your match this weekend? It should be a tough match.
Old 03-05-2004, 11:09 PM   #17
Havok
College Starter

Training and Form Update

very very very very disappointing stamina training week. Out of the 6 guys that i wanted to bump in stamina.... only 3 did

Iver Dyrberg
366 000 US$, 18 years, passable form

Stamina: passable Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: formidable Passing: inadequate

Im glad my young stud bumped 1 level in stamina.... hopfully the 1 week of stamina training next offseason will get him to solid or excellent and then he'll ready to start for us.

Karl Leitner
174 000 US$, 18 years, weak form

it wasn't really important that Karl bump in stamina since he's probally 2 more seasons away from starting for us, but i'll take it.

Imboon Prakardsakda
187 000 US$, 20 years, passable form
Has disastrous experience and poor leadership abilities [Head]

Stamina: weak Keeper: disastrous
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: wretched

Same with him... not a real big deal that he bumped, he won't see the starter line-up for us in a long time, maybe never.

Thats it.... a bunch of other guys bumped in stamina but none were important. My best Middy Huey Miller has now had 2 weeks of stamina training and not bumped from solid to excellent The other big disappointment was Torbjorn, he stayed at solid stamina aswell. Overall a pretty shitty week.... just wait to you see what my form did!

Form Update

Never.....have i ever, had a form update this bad. Not even when i trained 2 straight weeks of stamina when i first started training Playmaking. My team came into today's update with pretty bad form, but it just got a hell of alot worse. 12 freaking guys dropped in form!! 12!!!. My second best middy has somehow found a way to drop to wretched form. Just 5 weeks ago he was in solid form and has played a game every week. This is seriously gonna screw me this season. Also, my great form goalie finally fell to solid form and my number 1 forward as dropped from excellent to passable in the last 2 weeks. I could go on and on but you get the idea.... This is all i need, espically now that im in one of the toughest divison IV's in the USA. Sucks to be me......

1 Player increased in Form (1 Starters)
12 Players decreased in Form (8 Starters)

Team/Player Value

Value per player (average): 257 368 US$
Total squad value: 4 890 000 US$
Average age: 22
Current form (average): passable
Experience (average): wretched
No of players (excluding the coach): 19
Number of nationalities: 13

Upnext, This weeks youth pull and economic update
Old 03-06-2004, 08:25 PM   #18
Havok
College Starter

Ricky Meza
41 000 US$, 18 years, passable form
Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities

Stamina: poor Keeper: disastrous
Winger: weak Defending: passable
Scoring: weak Set Pieces: wretched

well... at least we'll get me something........

Economic Update

ash funds: 67 555 US$ (7 916) US$
Sponsors: delirious
Supporter Club: 1647 members
Supporters: delirious

This week

Revenue-----------------------------Expenses
Crowd 0-----------------------------Arena 20 480
Sponsors 77 715---------------------Wages 44 374 (+12,120)
Financial 0---------------------------Interest 0
Temporary 0-------------------------Temporary 3 000
-------------------------------------Staff 49 500
-------------------------------------Youth squad 20 000
Total revenue 77 715-----------------Total expenses 137 354
Expected income/loss -59 639

Dam.... my wages jumped 12k!! I guess thats not TO bad.... should be alot worse next season. Money is kinda crappy right now, i haven't had a dam home game since week 13 last season. I'll finally get one next sunday vs Havoc, then i can finally upgrade my stadium.

This Weeks Game

First league game of the season tommarrow, and i'll be taking on a team very close to the same skill level as me. Unfortunetly his middy's are a little better, he's at home, and my form blows. This is not a good combination for me.......

Carebears

Midfield: formidable - (9)
Central Defence: formidable - (9)
Right Side Attack: excellent - (8)
Left Side Attack: excellent - (8)

NSI - 82

I honestly have no clue what im gonna do tommarrow. If my form was better, i was thinking about coming out and MOTS'ing them. But with my second best middy on the bench and me being on the road, this seems like a bad idea. I also have a tough game next week verus Havoc that i doubt i'll win. I'd hate to drop to 0-2 to start the season, but it might happen. My first 9 games this season are BRUTAL!!! But my last 5 games get a little easier. Anyway, i probally won't decide until tommarrow what im gonna do, either way i win is very unlikely.

Upnext, This weeks league game
Old 03-07-2004, 08:46 PM   #19
Havok
College Starter

Season 4 - League Game - Round 1

Carebears - vs - Maniacal Misfitz

Finally.... league play!! Well, i guess i should be more excited then i am, but so much as went wrong in the past 2 weeks. Bad stamina training, form is the worst its been in god knows how long, my schedule is brutal etc etc... I guess i should stop feeling sorry for myself I've decided to PIC todays game versus the Carebears, i'm also pressing so im playign for a low scoring tie. After looking over his team again, they just have to big of a midfield advantage over me when they're at home. Im not gonna win alot of games this season, espically when im not at home. So today im just gonna work on getting my TS up and hope for a tie. Hopfully thursday's form update will bring me some good news!

Starters

Right Wingback - Ismael Ferreira da Silva (Defensive)
Left Wingback - Omar Narin (Defensive)

Right Winger - Andi Neiweiler (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 1 - Joaquim Neiva (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 2 - Torbjörn Jonasson (Offensive)
Inner Midfiedler 3 - Huey Miller
Left Winger - Iver Dyrberg (Towards The Middle)

Forward 1 - Maik Waldner
Forward 2 - Bill Wright

A couple changes from my normal starters, 1 is that i benched Jakob and his Wretched form!!! But Torbjorn should do a decent job filling in for him. I've also decided to play Iver Dyrberg as my "Winger TM". I'll need all the midfield i can get today and none of my wingers can are worth playing TM. Don't expect amazing ratings or anything today, my form is low and im pic'ing on the road. It will probally be my lowest NSI in awhile.

The Match

Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 31889 at Don't feed the bears today. Carebears tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Kai-weng - Weiser, Aldenhoven, Killsten - Wyatt, Tudor, Persson, Wickborg, Aabye-Hansen - Nessby, Buranakarn.

Maniacal had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Geoffroy - Ferreira da Silv, MacKindlay, Nairn - Neiweiler, Miller, Neiva, Jonasson, Dyrberg - Wright, Waldner.

Maniacal immediately set off pressing their opponents.

Noël Aldenhoven sailed high, high above the opponents as he headed the 1-0 in after a corner kick after 15 minutes of play.

In the game's 16:th minute Maniacal´s Joaquim Neiva limped slightly after a late challenge, but he was able to continue.

The visitors didn´t give in and after 22 minutes Bill Wright got through the home sides central line of defense, rolling in the levelling goal to make it 1 - 1.

At this time in the match, Maniacal were using their skills at the press to successfully put pressure on their opponents.

In the games 27:th minute Maniacal´s Ismael Ferreira da Silva fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Ismael Ferreira da Silva for taking a dive.

Thanaphong Buranakarn of Carebears received a yellow card in the 32nd minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. In the games 32nd minute Maik Waldner almost gave the visitors the lead, as he clipped a spectacular scissors shot just past the bar.

Halftime score was 1 - 1. Carebears held the ball, with a clear 60 percent possession rate.

Carebears tried to break through in the middle repeatedly, but kept getting stuck on the visitors defenders.

Carebears broke through to the left in the 55:th minute, Björn Nessby firing at an acute angle giving the home side a 2 - 1 lead.

A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Carebears´s Björn Nessby putting the lead up to 3 - 1.

Stefan Persson almost managed to score another goal for Carebears, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie.

Carebears held the ball, with a clear 62 percent possession rate.

Most important Carebears player was Stelică Tudor. Thanaphong Buranakarn was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Maniacal player was without a doubt Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy. Iver Dyrberg on the other hand, had a terrible day.

The match ends 3 - 1

Goals

Bill Wright - 1

Player Ratings

4.0 - Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy

3.5 - Joseph MacKindlay
3.0 - Omar Narin (Defensive)

3.5 - Joaquim Neiva (Offensive)
4.0 - Torbjörn Jonasson (Offensive)
3.5 - Huey Miller
2.5 - Iver Dyrberg (Towards The Middle)

3.5 - Maik Waldner
3.0 - Bill Wright

36.5 - Stars

Team Ratings

Carebears

Midfield: outstanding - (10)
Right Side Defence: magnificent - (12)
Central Defence: outstanding - (10)
Left Side Defence: excellent - (8)
Right Side Attack: passable - (6)
Central Attack: inadequate - (5)
Left Side Attack: passable - (6)

NSI - 77

Maniacal Misfitz

Right Side Defence: formidable - (9)
Right Side Attack: formidable - (9)
Left Side Attack: inadequate - (5)

NSI - 71

Post Game Comments

Booooo! But what should i expect with a 4 level midfield disadvantage.. Hell it could have been worse, it looks like he messed up and put a 1 star forward in instead of his usual 3.5 star guy.... lucky me. My ratings weren't quite as bad as i thought they would be. My midfield was the worst being only passable, but i am missing an outstanding PM and i PIC'ed on the road with Calm TS. So i guess i shouldn't be surprised. Not much else to add about todays game, noone did anything exceptional. Lets hope my form turns around soon so i can actually start to win some games in divison IV.

Around The Divison

Havoc - vs - Cons Commando 5 - 0

Walkover win for Havoc.

Monkey of Doom - vs - pegasus 2 - 2

The 2 best teams in the divison went at it today and it ended pretty much as expected. Pegasus won possession, but MOD's defense kept them in the game.

Pie Eaters - vs - The Family Jewels 2 - 2

another 2-2 tie, im a little surprised my the outcome of this game. It looks like Jewels MOTS'ed because they got an excellent midfield on the road. This is gonna come back to haunt Pie Eaters, they're alot like me. They need to win games like this if they wanna stay in the divison.

Divison Standings

-----Team-------------Played-------------Goals------------Points

1. Havoc-----------------1---------------5 - 0 --------------3

2. Carebears-------------1----------------3 - 1---------------3

3. Pie Eaters--------------1----------------2 - 2--------------1

4. The Family Jewels-------1----------------2 - 2-------------1

5. Monkey of Doom---------1---------------2 - 2--------------1

6. pegasus-----------------1---------------2 - 2--------------1

7. Maniacal Misfitz----------1---------------1 - 3--------------0

8. Cons Commandos---------1--------------0 - 5--------------0

Upnext, This weeks USA Cup Game
Old 03-11-2004, 06:46 PM   #20
Havok
College Starter

Season 4 - USA Cup - Round 2

Chicago Eagles - vs - Maniacal Misfitz

There's nothing like taking your frustration out on a bot team after losing a tough league match This will probally be the easiest match i have until my week 5 walkover league game, so i better make it count. The only really important part of this game is the PIC. Since i did the smart thing on sunday and pic'ed, todays PIC will put me at POE team spirit for the first time in god knows how long. And with 3 very important league games coming up, im gonna need it.

Starters

GK - Marcin Landowski

Left Wingback - Naftali ben Aharon (Normal)

Right Winger - James MacChoiter (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 1 - Jakob Noer Mogensen (Defensive)
Inner Midfielder 2 - Iver Dyrberg (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 3 - Karl Leitner
Left Winger - Benton Minter (Offensive)

Forward 1 - Abel Cano
Forward 2 - Maik Waldner

Tonight will be James MacChoiter's first ever game in a Misfitz uniform! Since im playing a bot team, i've decided to play him offensive, normally he'd play "Towards The Middle" since he has solid PM and only passable winger skill. The bad news tonight is my 3 middy's form.... are you ready for this??? passable/weak/wretched!!. Can't get much worse then that!!! Thank god im playing a Bot team today!

The Match

At Chicago Stadium, 7000 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. Chicago had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. Lineup: Vogel - Kay, Perez Sola, Jorgensen, Moore - Holloway, Valle, Anderson, Duff - Blackwell, Edmondson.

Maniacal tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Landowski - Nairn, MacKindlay, ben Aharon - MacChoiter, Noer Mogensen, Dyrberg, Leitner, Minter - Cano, Waldner.

Chicago nearly produced a goal as Stanford Blackwell set up Freddy Duff for a strike from a seemingly impossible angle. The receiver wasn´t as clear-headed though, and put the shot wide.

Seemingly due to lack of experience, Rudolph Moore needlessly tripped an opponent just outside the penalty area, but the free kick that followed didn't succeed.

In the 33rd minute the visitors broke through on the right after some poor defending and Maik Waldner put the ball away for 0 - 1.

After 38 minutes a combination in the middle resulted in a through ball for Jakob Noer Mogensen who increased Maniacal´s lead to 0 - 2.

In the 38:th minute the visitors put themselves ahead 0 - 3 as Iver Dyrberg finished off an attack from the left with a spectacular scissors kick. By now Maniacal were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead.

The visitors Maik Waldner took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 40:th minute. 0 - 4 for Maniacal.

The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 4. Maniacal, bringing the final ball possession rate to 78 percent, dominated the battle.

Maniacal increased the lead to 0 - 5 as Karl Leitner scored from the penalty spot, putting the ball in near the top left corner.

The visitors Abel Cano took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 69:th minute. 0 - 6 for Maniacal.

The visitors Abel Cano took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 69:th minute. 0 - 7 for Maniacal.

The visitors Abel Cano took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 69:th minute. 0 - 8 for Maniacal. By then Abel Cano was a three time scorer - a hat trick!

Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 88 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Chicago player was without a doubt Earle Kay. However, Johnnie Edmondson made a disastrous appearance. Maniacal´s best player was Joseph MacKindlay. Jakob Noer Mogensen on the other hand, had a terrible day.

The match ends 0 - 8

Goals

Abel Cano - 3
Maik Waldner - 2
Jakob Noer Mogensen - 1
Iver Dyrberg - 1

Player Ratings

3.5 - Marcin Landowski

3.5 - Joseph MacKindlay
3.0 - Naftali ben Aharon (Normal)

3.0 - James MacChoiter (Offensive)
2.0 - Jakob Noer Mogensen (Defensive)
3.0 - Iver Dyrberg (Offensive)
2.0 - Karl Leitner
2.5 - Benton Minter (Offensive)

2.5 - Abel Cano
3.5 - Maik Waldner

31.5 - Stars

Team Ratings

Chicago Eagles

Right Side Defence: passable - (6)
Central Defence: passable - (6)
Left Side Defence: passable - (6)

NSI - 33

Maniacal Misfitz

Midfield: weak - (4)
Right Side Defence: excellent - (8)
Central Defence: excellent - (8)
Central Attack: solid - (7)

NSI - 59

Post Game Comments

Man those ratings sucked... thats my worse NSI rating in a very long time. But with midfielders in that kind of form, i expected it. It was so sad to see my outstanding playmaking midfielder Jakob get only 2 stars He really needs to turn it around! Anyway, We won and there was no injuries so im happy. It was also nice to see Abel Cano get a hattrick He barely gets any playing time anymore, he also bumped to poor experiance which will help. He's a nice back-up to have around. Next week we've drawn a decent divison V opponent for our cup match, so hopfully some of my B-teamers form will turn around on thursday.

Upnext, This weeks training and form update
Old 03-12-2004, 01:04 PM   #21
Havok
College Starter

Training and Form Update

No playmaking bumps this week and i don't expect any for awhile. Except for maybe a random winger bump in PM.

Form

To be honest... this was probally the best form update i've had in over a month. But that ain't saying much Not alot of movement really, but 2 of my 3 starting middy's bumped to solid form which is gonna help alot and none of my starters actually dropped in form. My number 2 middy 'Jakob' (who is playing with the B-team now) remained in wretched form which really pisses me off and my starting goalie lost around 20k in value. The only 2 form drops this week were back-ups so my A-team is starting to come around it seems. (EXCEPT JAKOB!!!!!)

Team/Player Value

Value per player (average): 263 895 US$ (+6,527)
Total squad value: 5 014 000 US$ (+124,000)

Im getting to the point where these numbers are gonna really start shooting up, most of my middy's are tacking on between 20-40k in value every update. hell if JAKOB! was in passable form that would be an extra 250k in team value!

Upnext, This weeks youth pull and economic update[/size]
Old 03-13-2004, 07:42 PM   #22
Havok
College Starter

Richard Alford (27854594)
A pleasant guy who is tranquil and honest.
Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities.

Assessed value: 52 000 US$
Wage: 780 US$/week

Stamina: inadequate Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: weak Passing: passable
Winger: weak Defending: inadequate

Im the king of pulling 'Almost' good players. He should sell for a few K.... hopfully someone will train him up a few levels in defense. He'd be good for a Counter-Attacking team.

Economic Update

Cash funds: 53 166 US$ (952) US$
Sponsors: high on life
Supporter Club: 1662 members
Supporters: high on life

This week

Revenue-------------------------------Expenses
Crowd 0-------------------------------Arena 20 480
Sponsors 85 140-----------------------Wages 44 374
Financial 0-----------------------------Interest 0
Temporary 0---------------------------Temporary 3 000
---------------------------------------Staff 49 500
---------------------------------------Youth squad 20 000
Total revenue 85 140-------------------Total expenses 137 354
Expected income/loss -52 214

I Finally get a home game this week, my last home game (besides a friendly) was on 2/9/2004. So its been over a month since the Misfitz fans got to watch a live Misfitz game I should easily sell this game out and the second i get the money for the game, i'll be upgrading my stadium 10k seats up to 42k. That should last me for this season, then next season i'll probally make a HUGE upgrade so i won't have to worry about it any more.....

This Weeks Games

League Game

This week we take on my buddy Havoc! Havoc's squad is a very well rounded divison IV team. He's not dominate yet, but once he sells his now Titanic Keeper he'll start to pull away from alot of us newer teams in the divison. Here's about what i expect out of him....

Havoc

Midfield: excellent - (8)
Right Side Defence: brilliant - (11)
Left Side Defence: brilliant - (11)
Central Attack: formidable - (9)
Left Side Attack: outstanding - (10)

NSI - 85

Havoc and i have agreed to a double PIC in this game, this will beneifit both teams. I need to keep TS high because i have 2 very important games coming up after this one and he needs PIC's because of his poor leadership coach. Since im at home i'd definitely say i have a chance at winning this game. If i was a betting man i'd put my money on Havoc, but ya never know

Cup Game

My cup game this week as me a little worried. Im easily the better team, but my trainee's form is fucking horrible right now, so my midfield will be crap if i pic on the road. If this guy plays his full b-team versus me i'll win easy, but if he plays his starters, my back-ups might be in trouble....

Mesa Wanderers

Midfield: inadequate - (5)
Right Side Defence: solid - (7)
Left Side Defence: inadequate - (5)
Right Side Attack: solid - (7)
Central Attack: passable - (6)

NSI - 56

i guess it all comes down to weather or not he plays his starters, im actually considering benching 1 of my trainee's and playing a starting middy to make sure i win this game. I need at least 1 home cup game this season. Its gonna be a tough decision, i'll have to wait and see who he plays in his league game on sunday.

Upnext, This weeks League Game
Old 03-14-2004, 10:30 PM   #23
Havok
College Starter

Season 4 - League Game - Round 2

Maniacal Misfitz - vs - Havoc

Big Big game for us this week. As i said coming into this season i gotta win most of my home games. Since everyone in the divison is close midfield wise(except pegasus who is a step above us all), home field advantage is extremely important. Havoc has a better team then me, there's no disputing that. But i have a couple things in my favor this week. 1. is the home field advanatge like i said. 2. is my Team Spirit, I've probaly got 1 1/2 levels of TS over him since he only has a poor leadership coach. Since we're both pic'ing this game im pretty sure i'll have a little bit of a midfield advantage over Havoc. Hopfully that can make up for his slightly better offense and defense. Also, don't expect i high scoring game here....we both have better defenses then offense so if there's more then 3-4 goals in this game i'll be shocked.

This will be the only chance i have at beating Havoc this season, next time we play it will be week 13, at his house and his last game of the seaosn will be vs a bot team. So there's no hope for us in that game since i'll be getting MOTS'ed!! His team will probally look a good bit differnt by then also. He's getting ready to sell his titanic keeper, that 8 - 9 million bucks can by alot of talent!! espically for a divison IV team. So what this all boils down to is if i wanna beat Havoc anytime soon, i better do it now

Starters

Left Wingback - Omar Nairn (Defensive)

Right Winger - Iver Dyrberg (Towards The Middle)

Forward 1 - Bill Wright
Forward 2 - Maik Waldner

While form still isn't what it was last season, its getting better. My defense still seems to be slacking off, but my forwards are fine and my midfielders + wingers are ok aswell. I've stuck my top midfield trainee Iver Dyrberg in as a "Winger Towards The Middle" again. Im gonna need all the midfield i can get if i wanna win this game. Even with todays PIC im expecting a nice midfield rating, my TS is through the roof, im at home, and the midfielder's that are playing are in solid/solid/passable form.

The Match

32000 spectators had come to The Island of Misfit Toyz this cloudy day. Maniacal started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Geoffroy - Ferreira da Silv, MacKindlay, Nairn - Dyrberg, Miller, Neiva, Jonasson, Neiweiler - Wright, Waldner.

Havoc tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Mcmahon - Luc, Kern, Karpinski - Rabella, Urziceanu, Lambert, bin Mohamad, Griffin - Omalley, Lawson.

Havoc had several good opportunities to take the lead, especially in the 5:th minute when Numbers Omalley came up alone against Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy who managed a block.

The referee showed Maniacals Omar Nairn the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Havoc were forced to a substitution as Ren Lawson couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment, forcing Mikey Corbett to come in from the sidelines.

Maik Waldner caught everyone off guard with an opening pass - but unfortunately Bill Wright was as surprised by the move as anybody else, and managed to miss the extraordinary opportunity.

Maniacal took the lead in the 24:th minute of the game by 1 to 0, as Joaquim Neiva elegantly received a pass going deep, finishing off with a half-volley shot just below the bar.

Maniacals Ismael Ferreira da Silva got himself booked after a foul. Due to a severely mistimed tackle,Numbers Omalley spent some time on the grass writhing in agony before he could get up and continue the game.

The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 0. Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 55 percent possession rate.

In the 74:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Bill Wright dashed through, knocking home 2 - 0 for Maniacal. By now Maniacal were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead.

A peculiar volley from Joaquim Neiva almost resulted in a goal, but Andi Neiweiler wasn´t able to exploit the well-timed pass.

A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 84 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Maniacal. However, Matthew Mcmahon made a spectacular save.

The home side failed to add to their score as Bill Wright shot a penalty wide in the 87:th minute.

With 87 minutes played Torbjörn Jonasson could have brought this one home for Maniacal, had his hooked ball gone in, but it went just a bit too high.

The referee showed Maniacals Andi Neiweiler the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge.

Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 55 percent possession rate.

Most important Maniacal player was Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy. Iver Dyrberg on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Havoc player was without a doubt Matthew Mcmahon. However, Radek Luc made a disastrous appearance.

The match ends 2 - 0

Goals

Joaquim Neiva - 1
Bill Wright - 1

Player Ratings

3.5 - Joseph MacKindlay

2.5 - Iver Dyrberg (Towards The Middle)
4.0 - Joaquim Neiva (Offensive)
3.5 - Huey Miller

3.5 - Bill Wright
3.5 - Maik Waldner

38 Stars

Team Ratings

Maniacal Misfitz

NSI - 84

Havoc

Central Attack: brilliant - (11)

NSI - 85

Post Game Comments

AWSOME!!!! We really needed this victory and we got it!!! That 84 NSI ratings is a Misfitz best by 5! and we pic'ed!!! I couldn't be happier, Its incredible what great TS can do for a midfield. Its been so long since i've had good TS i forgot how important it is That outstanding midfield was a bit of a shock, i was expecting around a formidable. My best midfield rating ever by 1% according to supporter stats and thats with a PIC and my second best middy didn't even play!!! What a game for us, Havoc's extremely tough defense definitly kept the game close, we only scored on 2 of our 7 scoring chances. That dam Titanic keepr of his stops everything!!!

Im not really sure how we got a formidable central attack. Our number 1 forward Maik bumped to solid form on thursday, but with my balanced coach i thought a formidable central attack was out of reach for us. My only explanation for it is my offensive middy Jaoquim also improved drastically in form last week and that helped my central attack also. I gotta admit i really enjoy having a balanced coach, i've lost very little attack and gained a bunch of defense. Anyway, great game all around for us! Next week is another big game for us as we take on Pie Eaters on the road.

Stars Of The Game

note - I forgot to do this last week, i guess since i got my butt kicked i really wasn't thinking straight I won't do this for friendly's or other meaningless games.

Gold Star - Joaquim Neiva - This was a no brainer, Jaoquim had the game of his career! It was his first ever 4 star game, according to supporter stats this was his best ever game by a whopping 13%, and he scored the game winner! Today Jaoquim proved he is ready to be a part of the Misfitz A-team.

Silver Star - Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy - Shutting out one of the top offenses in the divison is no easy task. But at times Louis almost makes it look easy. While he's been in a steady form decline over the last 3 weeks, he still got 4 stars today and was a rock in the net.

Bronze Star - Torbjörn Jonasson - I had to give this one to Tor. He's just doing such an incredable job filling in for Mr. Wretched form Jakob Mogensen. He grabed his 3rd consecutive 4 star game today and almost scored a late goal. This young defensive midfield is quickly becoming a fan favorite!

Around The Divison

The Family Jewels - vs - Monkey of Doom 0 - 2

FJ came out today in a 5-4-1 with only 2 midfielders and pressing. They were obviously playing for a 0-0 tie, but it didn't happen. MOD's offense in that 4-3-3 is just to strong.

pegasus - vs - Carebears 4 - 1

Midfield heavy pegasus is gonna be pratically unbeatable at home this season. He already said in our series conferance that he'll be PIC'ing every league game until he;s out of the USA Cup. Even with a pic he got a magnificent midfield today. The Carebears went all midfield playing 2 winger TM, but it still wasn't enough.

Cons Commando - vs - Pie Eaters 0 - 5

Unfortunetly my opponent next week got to play a BOT team this week so i know he'll have good TS versus me. The way my schedule is setup, almost every team i play has a bot match before or after me they play me

Divison Standings

Team----------------Played------------Goals--------------Points

1. Pie Eaters-----------2---------------7 - 2-----------------4

2. pegasus-------------2---------------6 - 3-----------------4

3. Monkey of Doom-----2---------------4 - 2-----------------4

4. Havoc---------------2---------------5 - 2-----------------3

5. Maniacal Misfitz------2---------------3 - 3-----------------3

6. Carebears------------2---------------4 - 5-----------------3

7. The Family Jewels-----2---------------2 - 4----------------1

8. Cons Commandos------2---------------0 - 10---------------0

Well, thats where i hope to end the season at

Upnext, This weeks USA Cup game
Old 03-14-2004, 10:52 PM   #24
DukeRulesMAB
College Prospect

First DIV win! Congrats! I know the feeling, and it is good.

Old 03-15-2004, 09:18 PM   #25
Havoc99
n00b

Congrats

Nice win, you injury causing lunatic

I feel violated although I'm on pace to have over $10 million by Thursday, so that will ease some of my pain. Congrats on the win & good luck from here on out.
Old 03-16-2004, 06:47 PM   #26
Havok
College Starter

yeah it was a good game Havoc, im surprised you only got 1 attack event but im not complaining

Im glad to see your trade with Minute Men is gonna go through like you had planned. So are you gonna be switching to winger training now???

In Other News.....

"The Island of Misfitz toyz'" finally got upgraded! With the money from sunday's league game i added another 10k seats. It will now hold 42,000 screaming Misfitz fans!!!
Old 03-16-2004, 07:23 PM   #27
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

He has a titanic keeper and only gets Brilliant defense ratings?!?!
Old 03-17-2004, 05:56 PM   #28
Havok
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
He has a titanic keeper and only gets Brilliant defense ratings?!?!

yeah RPI..... he as an offensive coach and his goalie was in passable form i believe. His defenders form was a little low and they aren't that great anyway. When your a goalie trainer, you tend to have weak defenders

Offensive coach is brutal on defensive ratings, i love my balanced coach!
Old 03-17-2004, 09:57 PM   #29
Havok
College Starter

Season 4 - USA Cup - Round 3

Mesa Wanderers - vs - Maniacal Misfitz

After 2 straight Bot teams in cup play, we finally get to play against a human controlled team. Mesa is an average divison V team... They train defenders and in league games they usually pull mid-50's NSI ratings in a 3-5-2. But on wednesday he runs a 5-4-1 which we all know is a quick way to get killed in hattrick. I wasn't quite sure what to expect out of Mesa today since he had an extremely easy league game on sunday. I was actually considering sitting 1 of my midfield trainee's and playing a starter to make sure i won, normally my back-up middy's could handle these guys easy. But they're form is terrible right now and thats why i was worried. But i got a message from him after his league game on sunday saying that he is totally outclassed in our game, and won't put up much of a fight verus us

Starters

Left Wingback - Naftali ben Aharon (Defensive)

Right Winger - Benton Minter (Towards The Middle)
Inner Midfielder 1 - Karl Leitner (Offensive)
Inner Midifelder 2 - Iver Dyrberg (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 3 - Jakob Noer Mogensen
Left Winger - James MacChoiter (Towards The Middle)

Forword 1 - Bill Wright
Forword 2 - Maik Waldner

Even with Mesa's owner telling me he wasn't gonna try to win the game, i decided i'd still better play a few starters just in case. So i stuck my starting forwards and goalie in. Like i said before my middy's form is just rediculous... Solid/weak/wretched to be exact! But with POE TS, and 2 wingers playing towards the middle i should still be able to pull off a decent midfield rating i hope. Im also "attacking in the middle" since my wing attacks will be low.

The Match

Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and Day's Park saw a crowd turnout of 23465. Wanderers tactics involved an interesting 5-4-1 combination. The following players had been chosen: Wolfe - Hobbs, Andreasson, Silfwerström, Hansson, Worthington - Laird, Sanz, Freier, Ward - Laporta.

Maniacal started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: Geoffroy - Ferreira da Silv, MacKindlay, ben Aharon - Minter, Noer Mogensen, Dyrberg, Leitner, MacChoiter - Wright, Waldner.

Wanderers clearly had decided to counter-attack when they could, using their talent for it.

Maniacal clearly preferred attacks in the middle.

Walter Silfwerström of Wanderers received a yellow card in the 14:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour.

Maniacal took the lead in the games 19:th minute with 0 - 1 after some elegant plays down the middle. Maik Waldner was the scorer.

In the 21st minute Maniacal put themselves up 0 - 2 after an attack from the right, caused by a defensive blunder. Scorer was Bill Wright.

Halftime score was 0 - 2. Maniacal, bringing the final ball possession rate to 73 percent, dominated the battle.

After the ball got lifted in from the left Joseph MacKindlay was on his own in the home side´s penalty area 69 minutes into the game, and should have scored, but missed, probably due to lack of concentration.

Maniacal increased the lead to 0 - 3 as Bill Wright scored from the penalty spot, putting the ball in near the top left corner.

Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 75 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Wanderers player was without a doubt Fernando Laporta. Luke Ward on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Maniacal player was Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy. Benton Minter on the other hand, had a terrible day.

The match ends 0 - 3

Goals

Bill Wright - 2
Maik Waldner - 1

Player Ratings

3.5 - Joseph MacKindlay
2.5 - Naftali ben Aharon (Defensive)

2.0 - Benton Minter (Towards The Middle)
2.0 - Karl Leitner (Offensive)
3.5 - Iver Dyrberg (Offensive)
2.0 - Jakob Noer Mogensen
2.0 - James MacChoiter (Towards The Middle)

3.0 - Bill Wright
3.5 - Maik Waldner

31 - Stars

Team Ratings

Mesa Wanderers
Team Attitude: (Hidden)
Tactic: Counter-attacks
Tactic skill: solid

Left Side Defence: formidable - (9)

NSI - 46

Maniacal Misfitz
Team Attitude: Play it Cool
Tactic: Attack in the middle

NSI - 63

Post Game Comments

That game went down almost exactly how i figured it would. With his 5-4-1 we didn't score many goals, but his attack and midfield were extremely weak so they didn't even get 1 scoring chance on us. Im a little disappointed with our defensive ratings, the "Attack down the middle" tactic really hurt our right/left defense and not having a defensive midfielder dropped my central defense by a level. My main man Bill "All i do is score" Wright scored 2 of the three goals like usual, but the biggest and best thning that happend today was "Mr Franchise" Iver Dyrberg got his first ever 3.5 star game!!! Its to bad he only has passable stamina because with excellent stamina that would have easily been 4 stars.

Next week our USA cup game is at home versus fellow FOFC'er Tredwel and his Scranton Slime. Our teams are pretty close talent wise, but if he decides to throw his league game and play his starting midfielders versus me then he should win. We'll have to wait until sunday to find out!!! It will be my first ever competitive match versus a FOFC'er!!!

Stars Of The Game

Gold - Iver Dyrberg - No doubt about it! He basically carried my midfield today since everyone else is in bad form. Today also marked "Mr. Franchise's" first ever 3.5 star game!!! This kid is starting to come into his own!

Silver - Bill Wright - 2 more goals for big Bill today. Thats now 3 cup goals this season and 2 league goals. The man just knows how to score!!

Bronze - Maik Waldner - Maik notched his 4th cup goal of the season and also picked up his 22 straight 3.5 star game.

Old 03-18-2004, 09:36 PM   #30
Havok
College Starter

Training and Form Update

No bumps again this week and none are expected for next week either.......

Form

Once again not alot of movement, but it was more down then up like usual. My starters only had 1 guy go up and he's probally the least skilled starter i have, my defender Ismael. But he bumped to excellent form so i'll take it. My goalie dropped another 12k and down to passable form. Thats 4 straight weeks his value has dropped, im starting to get alittle worried now. Also my my farthest along middie and anchor of my midfield Huey Miller dropped to inadequate form. This sunday will be his first game in below passable form since 9/4/2003!! Not good

Ok, enough bad, there is some good here! Mr. Wretched form himself Jakob Noer Mogensen..... bumped 2 levels to weak form!!!! He also added an amazing 194k in value! He went from 346k to 540k! The other good news is that my other 2 starting midfielders both remained in solid form.

3 Players increased in form (1 Starter)
5 Players Decreased in form (2 Starters)

Team/Player Value

Value per player (average): 281 684 US$ (+17,789)
Total squad value: 5 352 000 US$ (+338,000)

Old 03-20-2004, 07:06 PM   #31
Havok
College Starter

Marc-Étienne Boudreault (28309866)
18 years, passable form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is balanced and upright.
Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Speciality: Technical

Assessed value: 36 000 US$
Wage: 680 US$/week

Playmaking: weak Passing: poor
Winger: poor Defending: inadequate
Scoring: inadequate Set Pieces: poor

ssssoooooo ffrrruuusssstttrrraaatttiiinnnggggg!!!! Fired!

Economic Update

Cash funds: 40 752 US$ (-6 008) US$
Sponsors: high on life
Supporter Club: 1682 members

This week

Revenue------------------------------Expenses

Crowd 0------------------------------Arena 20 480
Sponsors 89 595----------------------Wages 44 374
Financial 0----------------------------Interest 0
Temporary 0--------------------------Temporary 2 000
--------------------------------------Staff 49 500
--------------------------------------Youth squad 20 000
Total revenue 89 595----------------Total expenses 136 354
Expected income/loss -46 759

Im really starting to like this divison IV sponsership money Its already 10k higher then it was at the end of last season and climbing about 4k a week. But im sure that will level off some soon. Im broke at the moment, but i do have a home USA Cup game on wednesday so that will be a nice 150k or so. I have no real plans to buy anyone anytime soon, i 'Might" grab a old solid defender to help me with my depth a little. Only having 4 defenders is risky, espically right now since they're form has been a problem lately. I plan on majorly overhauling my defenders next season when i sell Huey Miller as a World Class PM. So i just need this current group of guys to last me until then.

This Weeks Games

League Game

I got a tough road game this week, but its definitly a winnable one. I think when its all said and done with this season, it will be the Pie Eaters and I in 5th and 6th place. They have no glaring weaknesses as you can see.......

Pie Eaters

NSI - 75

His midfield is very similar to mine and i still haven't really seen whats it capable of this season since im almost positive he's PIC'ed all his games so far. Im expecting an outstanding midfield tommarrow ut of them, but its possible that he'll MOTS me also. If he does im sure i'll lose, if he doesn't it should be a close game. I'll be playing 'Normal" for the first time all season with POE TS. Should be interesting to see what kinda midfield rating i get on the road.

Cup Game

For the first time in Misfitz history, we're playing a FOFC team in competitive play!!! Scranton Slime is run by fellow FOFC'er Tredwel, he doesn't post much in the forums unfortunetly so this won't be much of a FOFC rivalary game.

Scranton Slime

They played they're starters in they're last cup game and i wouldn't be surprised if they do it again versus me. If that happens my chances of winning are slim, home field advanatge will help but my back-up middies can't hang with his starters. I 'Might' bench 1 of my midfield trainee's and play a starter to give me more of a chance of winning. I'll decide later in the week. Either way it should be a close game....

Old 03-21-2004, 10:02 PM   #32
Havok
College Starter

Season 4 - League Game - Round 3

Pie Eaters - vs - Maniacal Misfitz

I guess i could start this out by saying.... "Big game here today!!!". But thats gettin old fast, every dam game in this divison is a big game for us it seems. Every week we do battle with another strong squad and i have no clue what the outcome will be. And thats life in IV.41 To be honest... i'm really starting to enjoy it, last season sunday's were kinda fun even though it gets old destroying inferior teams week after week. This season, sunday is filled with constant nail-biting and reloading my HT live screen 8 seconds past every minute!

ok... enough about that. This week we play probally my biggest rival in the divison. Not because they're the best team in the divison or because i hold some kind of personal grudge against them. Its simply because i feel they are the closet team to the Misfitz in terms of talent. Our midfield's are VERY close, but he does have a slight edge because a couple of his middy's are older and have better experiance. Our attacks are just about equal aswell and we've got the better defense. Im also pretty sure he's pic'ed every game this season just like us so his TS is extremely high. Add all that up and they're home field advantage today and i think Pie Eaters has the advanatge today. A win is not impossible for us, but to be honest i'd be thrilled with a tie. Getting any kind of points on the road this season is gonna be VERY hard for us, it will be hard for anyone in the divison to tell ya the truth.

Anyway, i have no clue how today's game will turn out..... lets find out!!

Starters

Gk - Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy

Right WInger - Iver Dyrberg (Towards The Middle)

Forward 1 - Bill Wright
Forward 2 - Maik Waldner

With this line-up and playing normal, i expect pratically the same ratings i got last week while picing at home. I had very little form movement from starters on thursday. Its possible the defense could be slightly lower since my goalie dropped to passable form but i doubt it.

The Match

Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 57852 at Pie Tin today. Eaters tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. They fielded: Hawkins - Lyhskog, Anthony, Muncy - Henry, Fortier, Rios, Siao, Chastain - Komornik, Rios.

Maniacal tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Geoffroy - Ferreira da Silv, MacKindlay, Nairn - Dyrberg, Miller, Neiva, Jonasson, Neiweiler - Wright, Waldner.

Eaters made a bid to take the lead as a ball coming in from the right hand side left Melvin Lyhskog completely alone with keeper Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy, who made a spectacular block.

Eaters could have put themselves ahead in the 24:th minute as Max Henry missed a volley shot on a ball coming in from the right.

After a fine move down the middle Chris Chastain nearly gave the home side one up in the 33rd minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though.

A well placed corner kick from Cameron Fortier was followed by Melvin Lyhskog´s hard but accurate header. The nice combination meant goal for Eaters. The result now 1-0.

Halftime score was 1 - 0. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Eaters, with an impressive 53 percent possession of the ball.

Seemingly due to lack of experience, Joaquim Neiva needlessly tripped an opponent just outside the penalty area, but the free kick that followed didn't succeed.

With 54 minutes played Cameron Fortier could have brought this one home for Eaters, had his hooked ball gone in, but it went just a bit too high. 71 minutes into the game

Maniacal´s Maik Waldner found a gap in the home sides central defense scoring with a long shot, making it 1 - 1.

Eaters held the ball, with a clear 56 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Eaters player was without a doubt Cameron Fortier. Forest Rios on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Maniacal player was without a doubt Joaquim Neiva. Omar Nairn was a disappointment, however.

The match ends 1 - 1

Goals

Maik Waldner - 1

Player Ratings

3.5 - Joseph MacKindlay

3.0 - Iver Dyrberg (Towards The Middle)
3.5 - Huey Miller

3.0 - Bill Wright
3.5 - Maik Waldner

38 Stars

Team Ratings

Pie Eaters
Tactic: Normal
Tactic skill: (Unlimited)

Midfield: magnificent - (12)

NSI - 87

Maniacal Misfitz
Team Attitude: Normal

NSI - 85

Post Game Comments

I'll take it Im not sure if i got MOTS'ed or not, but he's never gottin a magnificent midfield before and thats with no winger towards the middle. So he either played me normal or MOTS'ed me. Doesn't really matter either way, im just glad we got a point. My defense were the big heros in todays game stopping an incrediable 5 out of his 6 scoring chances! Thats a surprise since my defense as the worst form out of all my starters. Im a little upset that he got 6 scoring chances and i only got 1 considering he didn't win possession by very much at all, but 2 of his were special events and i scored on my only one so i'll take it

Overall this is a big point for the Misfitz, like i said earlier any road points this season are big. A couple more games like this and we should have no problem reaching our goal of ending the season in at least 5th place! Go Misfitz!

Stars Of The Game

Gold - The Entire Defense - While i've put up better overall defensive ratings in the past, stopping 5 out of 6 scoring chances versus a very good attack like we faced today is awsome! I gotta give credit were credit is due... Great job D!!!

Silver - Maik Waldner - We only got 1 scoring chance all game and Maik found the back of the net! I guess he's tired of Bill 'All I do is Score Goals' Wright getting all the glory

Bronze - Joaquim Neiva - Joaquim's Rapid improvement over the last 3 weeks have been huge for us. He's went from my number 3 starting midfielder to getting "Player of the Game" for the Misfitz according to hattrick. If he keeps this up i might seriously considering keeping him around and training him longer then i orginally planned to.

Around The Divison

Havoc - vs - pegasus 2 - 1

Im not sure if Pegasus could have had a worse week. They lose to a weak team in the CUP on wednesday and today they lose again. Havoc's new 4 million dollar midfielder really gave him nice boost today. Combined that with home-field advantage and possession was deadlocked the entire game. Pegasus had better stop underestimating teams this season or he's gonna be in for a rude awakening.

Carebears - vs - Monkey of Doom 0 - 2

Dispite the Carebears brilliant midfield to MOD's inadequate, MOD won easily. His defense is practically impossible to crack in the 4-3-3. I just hope he wins the divison easy and auto-promotes

The Family Jewels - vs - Cons Commando 5 - 0

And of course the team i play next week gets to play the walkover team the week before they play me Thats now 3 games in a row!

Divison Standings

Team----------------Played-----------Goals-------------Points

1. Monkey of Doom-----3--------------6 - 2---------------7

2. Havoc---------------3--------------7 - 3---------------6

3. Pie Eaters------------3--------------8 - 3---------------5

4. The Family Jewels----3---------------7 - 4--------------4

5. pegasus-------------3---------------7 - 5--------------4

6. Maniacal Misfitz------3---------------4 - 4--------------4

7. Carebears------------3---------------4 - 7-------------3

8. Cons Commandos-----3---------------0 - 15------------0

Old 03-22-2004, 11:19 AM   #33
Havoc99
n00b

Nice Point

At least you got a point out of the process.

To answer your earlier question, wing training starts in about 2 weeks after my backup keeper pops. I get 1 more shopping spree this year

And yes, sometimes I'd get brilliant defense ratings with a Titanic keeper & and offensive coach, althought I often got Magnificent and sometimes World Class. COnsidering my defenders are Solids, I wasn't complaining.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:14 PM   #34
Havok
College Starter

Season 4 - USA Cup - Round 4

Maniacal Misfitz - vs - Scranton Slime

Getting at least 1 home game in the USA cup each season is what i will always try to shoot for. And we've acheived that goal again this season just like we have in our 3 previous seasons. Now is the hard part, getting a second home game and in order to that we have to go through a fellow FOFC'er Tredwel and his Scranton Slime. This is Tredwel's 5th season in HT and his team isn't bad. Nothing special on offense or defense but his starting midfielders are very impressive. Between the 3 of them they get around 13.5 stars a game. Now his midfield trainee's on the other hand are pretty weak. My trainee's would be able to handle them easily, the problem is i don't know if he's gonna forgo a week of training in order to try to win todays cup match.

The good news is he pulled a supernaturel midfield on sunday. The reason this is good news is because he played his starters and obviously MOTS'ed, so his TS is shot. But like i said earlier he might still play his starting middy's versus me today. So i've decided to bench my worst trainee this week and play a starter. This was a tough decision since training is so important in HT, but since the guy im benching only has solid PM(+5) and is in poor form its to risky to let him play. Missing one weak of training won't kill him

Starters

Right Winger - James MacChoiter (Towards The MIddle)
Inner Midfielder 1 - Iver Dyrberg (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 3 - Jakob Noer Mogensen

Forward 1 - Bill Wright
Forward 2 - Maik Waldner

Now that Jakob is up to weak form (from wretched) my B-teams midfield ratings shouldn't be so gimped. Espically today since Jaoquim is playing instead of Karl. I should be able to pull off around a formidable midfield or so with these guys playing normal. I strongly considered PIC'ing but i didn't wanna risk losing this game. The extra money from another home cup game is just too important. Anyway, besides the midfield and B-team winger "James MacChoiter", all my usual starters are playing, So my ratings should be pretty good today.

The Match

Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 32000 at The Island of Misfit Toyz today. Maniacal had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Geoffroy - Ferreira da Silv, MacKindlay, Nairn - MacChoiter, Noer Mogensen, Neiva, Dyrberg, Neiweiler - Wright, Waldner.

Scranton had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Jörgensson - Morris, Cagigal, Cortez - Francis, Reiter, Roland, Schwarz, Mohr - Diez, Thorstensson.

Scranton seemed to prefer attacking in the middle.

James MacChoiter hit the ball just perfect in the 3rd minute and could score for Maniacal with a fab long shot to 1 - 0.

Maniacal put their lead ahead another goal as Maik Waldner struck home the 2 - 0 goal, after an attack from the left setting him up unmarked with the keeper.

A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Maniacal lead up with 3 - 0. Andi Neiweiler finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle.

After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Scranton´s Randy Roland got himself booked.

Maniacal´s Bill Wright had an excellent opportunity in the 39:th minute, shooting on a through ball, but he missed the goal by miles!

Scranton breathed new life into the game with an opportunity to reduce the score in the 42nd minute, but the home side´s defenders cleared the ball on the line, after a long shot coming in from the left, rebounding off the crossbar.

Halftime score was 3 - 0. Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 68 percent possession rate.

In the 53rd minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Bill Wright dashed through, knocking home 4 - 0 for Maniacal. The structure of the game started to change as Maniacal decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone.

A crazy pass by Iver Dyrberg towards his own goalie almost caused a goal for Scranton, but Leon Mohr didn't get the finish right.

A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 56 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Maniacal. However, Andreas Jörgensson made a spectacular save.

Andi Neiweiler was dominating his wing and kept sending fine balls into the enemy box - Maik Waldner managed to kick one of them into 5 - 0 in the 62nd minute.

Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy made a brilliant save in the 74:th minute, blocking a projectile coming in from Thomas Cortez on the right hand side.

Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 71 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Maniacal player was without a doubt Joaquim Neiva. However, James MacChoiter made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating Scranton player was without a doubt Andreas Jörgensson. Randy Roland on the other hand, had a terrible day.

The match ends 5 - 0

Goals

Maik Waldner - 2
Bill Wright - 1
James MacChoiter - 1
Andi Neiweiler - 1

Player Ratings

3.5 - Joseph MacKindlay

2.5 - James MacChoiter (Towards The MIddle)
3.0 - Jakob Noer Mogensen

3.0 - Bill Wright
3.5 - Maik Waldner

36 - Stars

Team Ratings

Maniacal Misfitz

NSI - 84

Scranton Slime
Tactic: Attack in the middle
Tactic skill: passable

Right Side Defence: passable - (6)

Left Side Defence: solid - (7)
Left Side Attack: weak - (4)

NSI - 52

Post Game Comments

Dam that was easy.... i should have Pic'ed But i had to be sure, he obviously played his back-ups and PIC'ed. Oh well.... The good news is i've made it to round 5 of the USA cup for the third straight season!!! The extra money from next weeks game will be nice! It also looks like my cup game next week is actually winnable! I'm playing a Divison III team that was in Lytic and Ravenhawks divison last season.... Mountaineer Soccer Club. They are currently fighting for they're lives in divison III.1 and just switched to defender training at the start of this season. They run either a 5-4-1 or a 5-3-2 CA and even with that they don't put up very impressive defensive ratings. I defintely have a shot to win this game, im not sure how im gonna play this game yet. But 3 home cup games this season would be REALLY nice

Stars of The Game

Gold - Andi Neiweiler - No doubt about it today, Andi completely and utterly dominated the left side of the field all day long. He scored 1 goal and assisted on 2 others.

Silver - Maik Waldner - Maik ripped in 2 goals to up his total to 6 cup goals this season! Man i love this guy.....

Bronze - Joaquim Neiva - Jaoquim gets the Bronze star just for being the best Misfit on the field today. He's just so dam hot right now its hard not to give him a star every game

Old 03-26-2004, 01:27 AM   #35
Havok
College Starter

Training and Form Update

It seems like an eternity since i last had a player bump in PM. Its gonna feel like even longer next thursday when noone pops again But after that i should start seeing a couple bumps every week for a few weeks.

Form

Just when i think form might start to turn around....... i have another bad week. My defense continues to spiral downward, I figured a few B-teamers would drop in form since they didn't play this week, But my starters are the ones that took the worst hit. One day this season the HT gods are gonna bless me with a good form update, just not today. On the bright side, Mr. Wretched form 'Jakob Noer Mogensen' in the past 2 weeks has went from wretched form with a value of 340k, to passable form and valued at 670k! Talk about a turn around! I guess i can't call him Mr. Wretched form anymore

2 Players increased in form (0 Starters)
3 Players Decreased in form (3 Starters) The HT gods have forsaken me

Team/Player Vaule

Value per player (average): 289 211 US$ (+7,527)
Total squad value: 5 495 000 US$ (+143,000)

With my starting defense now in inadequate/inadquate/excellent form (Unfortunetly the excellent form is my worst defender) and my starting goalie slowly falling to inadequate form. Im considering buying a 5th defender, probally just an old guy with good exp.... nothing special. We'll see....

Upnext, This weeks crappy youth pull and economic update
Old 03-28-2004, 07:47 AM   #36
Havok
College Starter

More of the same........

Graham Harding (28719601)
17 years, passable form, healthy
A controversial person who is temperamental and dishonest.
Has disastrous experience and poor leadership abilities.

Speciality: Quick

Assessed value: 2 000 US$
Wage: 500 US$/week

Playmaking: poor Passing: weak
Winger: poor Defending: wretched

Economic Update

Cash funds: 134 399 US$ (83 845) US$
Sponsors: dancing in the streets
Supporter Club: 1699 members

This week

Revenue---------------------------------Expenses
Crowd 0---------------------------------Arena 27 080 (+6,600)
Sponsors 92 400-------------------------Wages 44 374
Financial 0-------------------------------Interest 0
Temporary 0-----------------------------Temporary 2 000
-----------------------------------------Staff 49 500
-----------------------------------------Youth squad 20 000
Total revenue 92-------------------------Total expenses 142 954
Expected income/loss -50 554

Big money week for us coming up! I get a home league game and a home cup game in my new 42k seat Arena! So after wednesday im expecting to have around 500k in the bank. Like i said earlier, the only thing i "Might" buy is an older solid defender to give me a little depth. The rest of the money will be saved until week 8 or 9 when i sell Jakob and go looking for a badass outstanding forward!

This Weeks Games

League Game

3-5-2

The Family Jewels

Left Side Defence: outstanding - (10)
Left Side Attack: solid - (7)

NSI - 76

or

5-4-1

The Family Jewels

Right Side Defence: excellent - (8)
Central Defence: world class - (13)
Left Side Defence: world class - (13)
Central Attack: weak - (4)

NSI - 64

The enigma of IV.41...... I just never know what to expect out of these guys. I think they train defenders but noone knows for sure. He carry's over 30 players on his roster and none of them have a very high value. But as you can see, in a 3-5-2 he can be dangerous. I predict FJ will finish in 7th place this season, but its possible they could shock a few teams here and there and pull out 6th place. I have kind of a tough decision to make, i have a 'winnable' cup game on wednesday but i also need to beat FJ on sunday if i want 5th place this season.

The tough decision is Karl Leitner, my lowest PM middy plus he's in poor form. He didn't play at all last week so i gotta play him as a middy somewhere this week and get him training. Which ever game i play him in, my midfield will take a serious hit having him on the field. Im leaning towards playing him on sunday and playing normal to try to make up for it. Hopfully whatever final decision i make, it won't cost me a win.

USA Cup Game

5-4-1 League Game

Mountaineer Soccer Club

Central Defence: magnificent - (12)
Right Side Attack: weak - (4)

NSI - 80

5-4-1 USA Cup Game

Mountaineer Soccer Club

NSI - 74

These guys are definitly beatable! They just started training defenders this season and they're defenders are still extremely raw... and that makes them vulnerable. MSC is also fighting for they're lives in they're first season in divison III.1. Thats good news for us, hopfully they'll be less concerned with a good cup run and more concern with staying in divison III. The one thing that scares me is that they might switch to a 3-5-2, if that happens i seriously doubt i'll win. But they haven't done it all season so hopfully they won't start versus me. 3 home USA Cup games would be awsome for us if we can pull off a win versus these guys!

Upnext, This weeks League Game
Old 03-28-2004, 09:08 PM   #37
Havok
College Starter

Season 4 - League Game - Round 4

Maniacal Misfitz - vs - The Family Jewels

I got some funny names in my divison this season and obviously "The Family Jewels" is one of them This weeks game is one of my "Must Win" games, the reason i say that is because its a home game versus the weakest team in the divison. If i wanna end the season in 5th place, i gotta beat this team twice, espically this week since i play them at home. Normally i'd play my full A-team midfield versus these guys and pic, but i've decided to play my worst midfield trainee today who is also in poor form. Im playing him because my cup game on wednesday is winnable and im pretty sure FJ MOTS'ed on wednesday so i think his TS is shot. Plus he's been playing some wierd 5-4-1 formations lately and that formation doesn't scare me in the least. But i am taking a risk, if FJ comes out in a 3-5-2 and MOTS's me this could be a very tight game.

Game Note: This is my first home game in the new 42k seats "Island Of Misfitz Toyz" arena! let's hope for a sellout!

Starters

Right Wingback - Omar Nairn - (Defensive)
CEntral Defender - Joseph MacKindlay
Left Wingback - Ismael Ferreira da Silva - (Defensive)

Inner Midfielder 1 - Joaquim Neiva (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 2 - Jakob Noer Mogensen (Defensive)
Left Winger - Iver Dyrberg (Towards The Middle)

Forward 1 - Maik Waldner
Forward 2 - Bill Wright

Would ya look at that!!! Jakob Mogensen makes his glorious return to the A-team!! 2 weeks ago the guy is in wretched form and valued at 340k, now he's in passable form and valued at 670k!! CRAZY! Anyway, as you can see Karl Leitner is in there aswell, i hope playing him doesn't come back to haunt me. If he wasn't in such crappy form it wouldn't worry me, but he's gonna bring my midfield rating down ALOT! Besides the midfield all my other normal starters are playing but as you all know, form has been kicking my ass this season and it did so again last thursday. So im not expecting the greatest ratings ever today.

The Match

41943 spectators arrived at The Island of Misfit Toyz, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Maniacal had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Geoffroy - Nairn, MacKindlay, Ferreira da Silv - Neiweiler, Noer Mogensen, Neiva, Leitner, Dyrberg - Wright, Waldner.

Family had chosen a strategic 5-4-1 formation. Lineup: Wilson - Aw, Valadares, Troutman, Callejas, Tzu-Liang - Saranpää, Winter, Figueira, Barbosa Fidalgo - Woody.

Family strategy involved pressing and cutting off attack angles of their opponents from all over the field.

At this time in the match, Family were using their skills at the press to successfully put pressure on their opponents.

Maniacals Ismael Ferreira da Silva got himself booked after a foul.

The home side put themselves ahead 1 - 0 in the 9:th by a breakthrough from Jakob Noer Mogensen, who unaided came in out of the right wing hooking the ball over the visitors keeper.

In the 26:th minute Familys Tatu Saranpää received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first.

n the 26:th minute Maniacals Andi Neiweiler received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first.

The Family player was Tatu Saranpää who had to be helped off the pitch, unable to finish the game, but Morten Petersen came in to finish the match.

At this time in the match, Family were using their skills at the press to successfully put pressure on their opponents.

With 31 minutes played Maik Waldner could have brought this one home for Maniacal, had his hooked ball gone in, but it went just a bit too high.

The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 0. Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 82 percent possession rate.

In the 56:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Andi Neiweiler dashed through, knocking home 2 - 0 for Maniacal.

Familys Jorge Valadares got himself booked after a foul.

Iver Dyrberg hit the ball just perfect in the 69:th minute and could score for Maniacal with a fab long shot to 3 - 0.

In the 72nd minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Karl Leitner dashed through, knocking home 4 - 0 for Maniacal. The structure of the game started to change as Maniacal decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone.

Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 80 percent possession rate.

Most important Maniacal player was Joaquim Neiva. Karl Leitner was a disappointment, however.
Most important Family player was Gilberto Barbosa Fidalgo. Juan Eduardo Figueira on the other hand, had a terrible day.

The match ends 4 - 0

Goals

Jakob Noer Mogensen - 1
Andi Neiweiler - 1
Iver Dyrberg - 1
Karl Leitner - 1

Player Ratings

3.0 - Omar Nairn - (Defensive)
3.0 - Joseph MacKindlay
3.0 - Ismael Ferreira da Silva - (Defensive)

4.5 - Joaquim Neiva (Offensive)
4.0 - Jakob Noer Mogensen (Defensive)
2.0 - Karl Leitner
3.0 - Iver Dyrberg (Towards The Middle)

3.5 - Maik Waldner
3.0 - Bill Wright

36.5 - Stars

Team Ratings

Maniacal Misfitz

NSI - 82

The Family Jewels
Tactic: Pressing
Tactic skill: weak

Midfield: poor - (3)
Right Side Defence: magnificent - (12)

NSI - 54

Post Game Comments

Well dam... They basically threw the game today. I guess they are gonna focus more on they're USA cup game on wednesday. I should have pic'ed No use crying about it though... We won and thats whats important. We also put up a nice outstanding midfield rating even with Karl Leitner playing, now thats impressive. But whats even more impressive is Joaquim Neiva!!! He became the first Misfit midfielder to get 4.5 stars in a game and only the second Misfit ever to do it. I never would have guessed he'd me my first middy to get 4.5 stars, espically considering he's only got the third best PM on the team! Next week we get to keep our undefeated streak going since we have a walkover Then i hit the REALLY TOUGH part of my schedule where its very possible that i might lose 4 games in row. Its not going to be pretty.....

Stars Of The Game

Gold - Joaquim Neiva - First 4.5 star Misfit outfielder!!!! He definitely earned the gold star today!

Silver - Jakob Noer Mogensen - Another midfielder, Jakob picked up 4 stars and scored a goal in his return to the starting line-up. Lets hope he never has a form drout like that again.

Bronze - Andi Neiweiler - Andi gets the bronze star for 2 reasons.... The first reason is that he scored a goal and played a very good game. The Second reason is he got some revenge on FJ's Winger Tatu Saranpää. Tatu made a studs first tackle earley in the game and picked up a yellow card. Luckly he didn't injure one of my guys. Only a few minutes later Andi made his own "Studs First Tackle" and injuried Tatu for 4 weeks

Around The Divison

Monkey of Doom - vs - Cons Commando 5 - 0

MOD got the walkover this week and i get it next week.

pegasus - vs - Pie Eaters 4 - 1

I spoke with the owner of The Pie Eaters last week and he told me he did indeed MOTS me in our game..... and its shown in his last 2 games. He lost a Cup game he could have won with better TS and he didn't put up much of a fight today versus Pegasus.

Carebears - vs - Havoc 3 - 1

Easily the best game of the week in divison IV.41, Havoc managed to keep the midfield close and had a much better attack then the Carebears did. But the breaks just didn't go his way and he lost 3-1. Its been a rough week for Havoc, he got booted out of the USA cup much earlier then he would have liked and now lost a tough game to the Carebears on the road.

Divison Standings

--------Team------------Played----------Goals------------Points

1. Monkey of Doom---------4------------11 - 2--------------10

2. pegasus-----------------4------------11 - 6---------------7

3. Maniacal Misfitz----------4-------------8 - 4---------------7

4. Havoc-------------------4-------------8 - 6---------------6

5. Carebears----------------4-------------7 - 8---------------6

6. Pie Eaters----------------4-------------9 - 7---------------5

7. The Family Jewels---------4-------------7 - 8---------------4

8. Cons Commandos---------4--------------0 - 20--------------0

Old 04-01-2004, 09:15 PM   #38
Havok
College Starter

Season 4 - USA Cup - Round 5

Maniacal Misfitz - vs - Mountaineer Soccer Club

Good ole Round 5 of the USA cup! This is will be the third straight season that i've made it this far, but this is the only time i actually have a shot at making it to round 6. The last 2 times i played teams that were way out of my league, honestly if MSC was smart they'd be way out of my league also. Some of you might reconize this team already, they were in the infamous IV.19 last season along with fellow FOFC'ers Lytic, RavenHawk, and Hobbes. MSC basically kicked everyones butt in IV.19 last season and made it to divison III. But for some unknown reason they've decided to revamp they're training program this season and switch to defender training.

This normally wouldn't be a bad thing if done correctly, but MSC decided to buy a bunch of cheap trainee's and run a 5-4-1 or 5-3-2 in both league and cup games. The end result has been very sub-par ratings and only 1 point in III.1 after 4 games. What im getting at here is i have a very solid chance of winning here today, our midfields should be close, but his attack is a joke in a 5-4-1 and his defense really isn't all that great either considering how many defenders he has playing. I'll be playing this game normal with decent TS and most of my starters playing. It should be a great game!!

Starters

Right Wingback - Naftali ben Aharon (Defensive)

Inner Midfielder 1 - Iver Dyrberg (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 2 - Torbjörn Jonasson (Defensive)

Forward 1 - Maik Waldner
Forward 2 - Bill Wright

I've got most of my starters playing today, i even managed to get a usual A-team middy in there since i played Karl Leiter on sunday. While Huey Miller may only be in inadequate form, he's still an outstanding(+6) PM so that should help. On the Downside i am missing my only defender in good form, Ismael picked up his 3rd yellow card of the season on sunday so he'll have to sit this one out.

The Match

42000 spectators arrived at The Island of Misfit Toyz, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Maniacal had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Geoffroy - ben Aharon, MacKindlay, Nairn - Neiweiler, Miller, Jonasson, Dyrberg, MacChoiter - Wright, Waldner.

Eers had chosen a strategic 5-4-1 formation. The following players had been chosen: Gürelli - Dae, Kiryukhin, Roach, Drury, Mabry - Eriksson, Sjögĺrd, Brady, Stubington - Crow.

Eers clearly had decided to counter-attack when they could, using their talent for it.

Maniacal made a bid to take the lead as a ball coming in from the right hand side left Maik Waldner completely alone with keeper Sermet Gürelli, who made a spectacular block.

A lunatic dribble by Torbjörn Jonasson, in front of the own keeper, set up Eers´s Peter Crow for an embarrasingly easy strike. 0 - 1...

After 41 minutes of play Torbjörn Jonasson equalised for Maniacal after an elegant attack from the right. 1 - 1 was the half-time score.

Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 55 percent possession rate.

Peter Crow came close to putting the visiting team one up in the 55:th minute, following a solo raid down the middle, but Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy managed to tip the ball to a corner.

Omar Nairn of Maniacal received a yellow card in the 61st minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour.

Maniacal, bringing the final ball possession rate to 51 percent, dominated the battle.

After the regular 90 minutes, the agony of overtime followed.

A foul after 91 minutes resulted in a free kick. Bill Wright cannonballed it, giving the hometeam the lead 2 to 1. Extra time over, Maniacal were the victors!

Maniacal´s best player was Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy. James MacChoiter on the other hand, had a terrible day. Eers´s best player was Kent Sjögĺrd. Dave Roach on the other hand, had a terrible day.

The match ends 2 - 1

Goals

Bill Wright - 1
Torbjörn Jonasson - 1

Player Ratings

3.0 - Naftali ben Aharon (Defensive)
3.0 - Joseph MacKindlay

3.5 - Huey Miller
2.5 - James MacChoiter (Towards The Middle)

3.5 - Maik Waldner
3.0 - Bill Wright

36.5 - Stars

Team Ratings

Maniacal Misfitz

NSI - 79

Mountaineer Soccer Club
Tactic: Counter-attacks

NSI - 72

Post Game Comments

YES!!! Round 6 of the USA cup here we come!! That was my first ever competitive match overtime game and it lasted 1 minute!! And of course it was Bill "All I Do Is Score" Wright with the game winner. Todays game was also played in front of my first ever sellout crown in my new Arena!! Dam im happy!!!

MSC's dam 5-4-1 made for an extremely boring match to watch, and when Torbjorn's "Unpredictable" skill gave up a goal i was pissed!! Luckly he redeamed himself right away my scoring the equalizer. The extra 184k i get from 1 more home cup game will be nice, it also comes at a good time since i have 2 straight away games coming up. But next week is when my cup run ends, i take on former divison II badasses..... "Rizzo's Salesmen". These guys are so far out my league its not even funny, plus they have a walkover on sunday so i'll be facing the wrath of his full A-squad. Hopfully i'll at least score 1 goal so my supporters won't get pissed

Stars Of The Game

Gold - Bill Wright - Bill once again saved the day for the Misfitz scoring a set pieces goal just 1 min into overtime! God i love this guy!

Silver - Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy - Louis made a nice save on the only real non-event challenage he faced, plus he was the best Misfit on the field according to the HT engine.

Bronze - Torbjörn Jonasson - It may seem kinda wierd to give a guy a star even though he was the cause of the only goal scored against us. But he showed great resolve by tieing the game up right after giving up a bonehead goal.

Old 04-01-2004, 09:24 PM   #39
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Awesome game with Wright coming up in the clutch, again.

SI

Old 04-02-2004, 07:13 PM   #40
Desnudo
Coordinator

I would like to take part of the credit as MSC purchased one of his not so hot defender trainees from me.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 11:12 AM   #41
Havok
College Starter

Training and Form Update

Finally someone bumped in playmaking

James MacChoiter
222 000 US$, 20 years, solid form
Has disastrous experience and poor leadership abilities

Playmaking: excellent Passing: poor
Winger: passable Defending: wretched

I picked up James in the offseason for 142k, he'll probally never be a starter and i plan on selling him when he hits formidable PM late next season. But its possible i'll keep him until outstanding but that will take awhile with only 50% PM training.....

Next week is when my guys will start bumping in PM left and right, 2 guys are scheduled to bump and 1 more 'Might".

Form Update

Its getting to the point now where its almost funny at how bad my teams form is. I can't for the life of me figure out whats going on. This week i took another massive form hit. I've lost around -25 form since the end of last season, thats gotta be some kind of record. The only guy to actually go up in form this week was not really a surprise either, Jaoquim is now in excellent form. After last weeks 4.5 star game i kind firgured he was in really high solid form. Now for the bad part.... 6 freaking guys dropped in form this week including 4 starters. My starting defense is a joke now, my goalie is in EXTREMELY low passable form and my 4 defenders are in solid/inadequate/inadequate/weak form and the solid form guy is my worst defender.

On the bright side this is the best week for my form to suck, i have a walkover in my league game and my USA Cup game is un-winnable no matter what my form looks like So i'll pray for a better week next week!

1 Player Increased in Form this week (1 Starter)
6 Players Decreased in form this week (4 Starters)

Team/Player Value

Value per player (average): 299 421 US$ (+10,210)
Total squad value: 5 689 000 US$ (+194,000)
Experience (average): poor

So close to 300k average per player!! Even with my form dropping all over the place, my value continues to rise at a decent pace. Over the last few weeks the main reason for this is former Mr. Wretched Form Jakob Mogensen. 3 weeks ago he was in wretched form and valued at 340k, after this thursday he's my highest valued outfielder by over 150k with very high passable form and valued at 770k!!! Now thats incrediable.

Upnext, This weeks fired youth pull and economic update

Last edited by Havok : 04-03-2004 at 11:12 AM.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 07:33 AM   #42
Havok
College Starter

Vince Vanier (29075958)
A sympathetic guy who is balanced and honest.
Has disastrous experience and disastrous leadership abilities.

Assessed value: 106 000 US$
Wage: 1 060 US$/week

Stamina: solid Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: inadequate Passing: inadequate
Scoring: weak Set Pieces: poor

once again.... so close to a really nice pull. If he was 2 years younger he'd probally fetch a nice price. But im not complaining... he should still sell for a decent price.

Economic Update

545 578 US$ (495 839) US$
Sponsors: dancing in the streets
Supporter Club: 1719 members

This week

Revenue--------------------------------Expenses
Crowd 0--------------------------------Arena 27 080
Sponsors 94 215------------------------Wages 44 374
Financial 0------------------------------Interest 0
Temporary 0----------------------------Temporary 3 000
----------------------------------------Staff 49 500
----------------------------------------Youth squad 20 000
Total revenue 94 215--------------------Total expenses 143 954
Expected income/loss -49 739

Money is looking very nice at the moment and with a home cup game this week and a decent youth pull selling, i should have over 700k by weeks end. Its tough having money and not spending it I still could use another defender but honestly right now older solid defenders with decent experiance are selling for SO much money right now.

This Weeks Games

League Game

Unfortunetly this week we have our first walkover in club history. While i get a very much needed pic and i get a chance to play alot of my B-team who haven't played in weeks. It sucks having no HT game to watch on sunday

USA Cup Game

I can't believe im still in this thing! But i won't be after wednesday thats for sure. Im going up against a former divison II team and currently in first place in divison III.14..... Rizzo's Salesmen. These guys have been around awhile and have an extremely good midfield and defense.

Rizzo's Salesmen

Midfield: extra-terrestrial - (16)
Right Side Defence: titanic - (15)
Central Defence: titanic - (15)
Left Side Defence: extra-terrestria - (16)l
Central Attack: brilliant - (11)

NSI - 122

While im sure he'll pic me and he's on the road so i doubt he'll get an ET midfield.... it doesn't much matter, this team is just way better then mine. The real kicker is that he has a walkover this week in his league game, so i know for a fact i'll be facing his full A-team. Hopfully i'll at least score 1 goal so my supporters don't freak out

Old 04-05-2004, 09:49 PM   #43
Havok
College Starter

Season 4 - League Game - Round 5

Cons Commandos - vs - Maniacal Misfitz

bleh!!! my first competitive walkover ever!! (i once had a friendly walkover). But this was a much needed PIC and i got to play some players that haven't played in awhile. After this game my next 4 league games are down right brutal, its very possible i'll lose all 4 I play the best 2 teams in the league for 4 straight weeks. Then its the home stretch in which i should be able to win at least 3 of my last 5 games(1 being a walkover) maybe even 4.

So far things are going pretty much as i expected they would this season, Beating Havoc in week 2 was a nice little surprise, i was expecting a tie or a loss. But tieing Pie Eaters instead of winning was kind of a surprise also. I didn't think he'd MOTS me

Starters

Not that this really matters since it was a walkover.... but what the hell!

GK - Marcin Landowski (First game in 3 1/2 weeks)

Right Wingback - Joseph MacKindlay
Central Defender - Ismael Ferreira da Silva
Left Wingback - Naftali ben Aharon

Right Winger - Imboon Prakardsakda (First game ever with the team, I bought him before the season started and just never got around to getting him in the game)
Inner Midfielder 1 - Torbjörn Jonasson
Inner Midfielder 2 - Iver Dyrberg
Left Winger - Benton Minter (First game in 2 1/2 weeks)

Forward 1 - Maik Waldner
Forward 2 - Abel Cano (First game in 4 weeks)

The Match

At War Memorial Stadium, 10834 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. Commandos tactics involved an interesting 0-0-0 combination. The following players had been chosen: - - - .

Maniacal had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Landowski - MacKindlay, Ferreira da Silv, ben Aharon - Prakardsakda, Jonasson, Dyrberg, Leitner, Minter - Cano, Waldner.

The home side conceded a walk over, losing 5-0, since they couldn´t muster the minimum of 9 players able to play the game.The home crowd was not amused… The match ends 0 - 5.

Player Ratings

3.0 - Marcin Landowski

3.0 - Joseph MacKindlay
3.0 - Ismael Ferreira da Silva
2.5 - Naftali ben Aharon

2.0 - Imboon Prakardsakda
3.5 - Torbjörn Jonasson
3.5 - Iver Dyrberg
2.0 - Karl Leitner
3.0 - Benton Minter (First game in 2 1/2 weeks)

3.5 - Maik Waldner
2.0 - Abel Cano

31 - Stars

Post Game Comments

WE WON!!!!!

Around The Divison

Havoc - vs - Monkey of Doom 0 - 3

Dam.... poor Havoc has had it rough lately. He's now lost 4 competitive matches in a row and 3 straight league games. But not to worry, just as my schedule is about to be hell, his is about to be easy. He should win his next 4 games with no problem.

Pie Eaters - vs - Carebears 2 - 2

Nice little surprise here, Pie Eaters sneaked out a tie versus Carebears at home. And it looks like they did it with a pic aswell. Thats now PE's third tie of the season, they should have no problem getting 6th place this season now that The Family Jewels decided to start sucking.

The Family Jewels - vs - pegasus 0 - 4

No surprise here, FJ and they're retarded attempt to switch to a 5-4-1 "pressing" with only 2 middies in every game as effectivly made them a joke. Its to bad really, they put up pretty nice ratings before this....

Divison Standings

Team-----------------Played--------------Goals--------------Points

1. Monkey of Doom------5-----------------14 - 2---------------13

2. pegasus--------------5-----------------15 - 6---------------10

3. Maniacal Misfitz-------5-----------------13 - 4---------------10

4. Carebears-------------5-----------------9 - 10---------------7

5. Pie Eaters-------------5----------------11 - 9----------------6

6. Havoc-----------------5----------------8 - 9-----------------6

7. The Family Jewels------5----------------7 - 12----------------4

8. Cons Commandos-------5----------------0 - 25----------------0

Upnext, This weeks USA Cup Game
Old 04-05-2004, 11:18 PM   #44
Desnudo
Coordinator

Why in the world would you press with a defensive formation?
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 06:35 AM   #45
Havok
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
Why in the world would you press with a defensive formation?

ya got me... he went from an excellent midfield and low to mid 70's ratings. To a 5-4-1 with a weak/inadequate midfield and low to mid 60's NSI. Not smart......
Old 04-08-2004, 10:28 PM   #46
Havok
College Starter

Season 4 - USA Cup - Round 6

Maniacal Misfitz - vs - Rizzo's Salesmen

I must say im still a little shocked that i made it this far in the USA Cup. Five rounds was all i was hoping for, but last weeks win was awsome Thank god for Defender trainers!! Anyway, this week i play a seriously badass team. Rizzo's Salesman demoted from Div. II.4 after 2 seasons there. Currently they are kicking serious butt in Div. III and im sure they'll be back up in Div. II next season.

At first i thought i was gonna get seriously romped in this game because i thought he had a walkover on sunday. But i was wrong.... his walkover is next sunday and he had to play his starters this week in his league game. So that means with my walkover on sunday i can play my starters versus his midfield trainee's. Unfortunetly his trainee's are a little better then my starters so i don't expect much of an advantage, Plus im expecting to face his Magnifcent offense and titanc+ defense! My only hope at winning is trying to get as much possession as possible and pray, so i'll be playing Normal with both of my wingers towards the middle. Hopfully we'll at least make it close!

Starters

Central Defender - Ismael Ferreira da Silva
Left Wingback - Joseph MacKindlay (Defensive)

Right Winger - Andi Neiweiler (Towards The Middle)
Inner Midfielder 1 - Jakob Noer Mogensen (Defensive)

Forward 1 - Bill Wright
Forward 2 - Maik Waldner

Thats pretty much all my starters right there, my midfielders form isn't bad (excellent/passable/inadequate) but my defenders are just hurtin right now and have been for the last few weeks, even my goalie is in low passable form now. My defensive ratings will probally be they're lowest this season. Lets hope the midfield picks up the slack.....

The Match

42000 spectators had come to The Island of Misfit Toyz this cloudy day. Maniacal had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Geoffroy - Nairn, Ferreira da Silv, MacKindlay - Neiweiler, Miller, Noer Mogensen, Neiva, MacChoiter - Wright, Waldner.

Salesmen started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. Lineup: Olsson - Johnson, Prada, Jovanovic - Eriksson, Edvinsson, van Loon, Jönsson, Rachmad - den Hollander, Stringer.

Maniacals Joseph MacKindlay gave, after 8 minutes, the home team a 1 - 0 lead after an attack coming in from the right.

Joaquim Neiva almost managed to score another goal for Maniacal, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie.

A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 23 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Maniacal. However, Jens Olsson made a spectacular save.

With 35 minutes played James MacChoiter could have brought this one home for Maniacal, had his hooked ball gone in, but it went just a bit too high.

1 - 0 was the half-time score. Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 58 percent possession rate.

Salesmens Wil Johnson got himself booked after a foul.

Joeri den Hollander came close to levelling the score in the 77:th minute, as he was set up with a through ball coming in from the left, but his shot hit the post.

Salesmen were close to putting the equaliser away in the 87:th minute as the opposing defence lost control of the ball in a scuffle in front of the goal, but in the end the ball was cleared over the sideline.

Maniacal, bringing the final ball possession rate to 57 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating Maniacal player was without a doubt Jakob Noer Mogensen. Andi Neiweiler was a disappointment, however.
Most important Salesmen player was Jens Olsson. However, David Eriksson made a disastrous appearance.

The match ends 1 - 0

Goals

Joseph MacKindlay - 1

Player Ratings

3.0 - Ismael Ferreira da Silva
3.0 - Joseph MacKindlay (Defensive)

2.5 - Andi Neiweiler (Towards The Middle)
4.5 - Jakob Noer Mogensen (Defensive)
4.5 - Joaquim Neiva (Offensive)
3.5 - Huey Miller
2.5 - James MacChoiter (Towards The Middle)

3.0 - Bill Wright
3.5 - Maik Waldner

37 - Stars

Team Ratings

Maniacal Misfitz

Midfield: magnificent - (12)

NSI - 86

Rizzo's Salesmen

Right Side Defence: mythical - (17)
Central Defence: extra-terrestrial - (16)
Left Side Defence: titanic - (15)
Central Attack: outstanding - (10)
Left Side Attack: magnificent - (12)

NSI - 104

Post Game Comments

Do you believe in Miracles!?!?!?!?!?! YES!

By far the biggest win/upset in Misfitz history.... ever!!! The HT gods were smiling down upon us this night. How we even scored on that defense is a mystery, and to make matters worse(for Rizzo) we scored on a passable wing attack!!! Just plain dumb luck! Nothing else... Even my horrific form defense held off 2 late attacks by the Salesman! Everything just went my way and im loving it Other good news is that todays magnifcent midfield was our best ever by 18%!! and i didn't even MOTS. It also helped us get our highest NSI ever by 2. Just an all around awsome game for us and im thrilled!!!

But i can 99% guarentee that my luck runs out next wednesday because im playing the Infamous USA ML team.... Slashers FC. These guys back-ups are way better then anything i can throw at him, So i'll just take the PIC, Sell-out crowd, loss and move on. It's been a dam fine cup run for us and i doubt i'll see round 7 of the USA cup again for a couple more seasons.

GO MISFITZ!

Stars Of The Game

Gold - Joseph MacKindlay - Dispite his crap form and his lowest star rating ever for the team. Joseph scored the game winning goal on a passable wing attack versus a titanic defense. That gets him the Gold Star today

Silver - Jakob Noer Mogensen - His incredible turn around over the last few weeks is amazing. He managed to get just 2 stars in a game 3 weeks ago. Today he was the best Misfitz on the field picking up 4.5 stars for the first time and he's only the second Misfitz outfielder ever to accomplish that feat.

Bronze - Joaquim Neiva - Since our midfield is the main reason we pulled off this upset today, its only fitting that 2 middy's get stars. Jaoquim got 4.5 stars for the second week in a row and impresses me more and more every time he takes the field.

Old 04-09-2004, 03:30 AM   #47
Alf
Pro Starter

clap, clap, clap : Congratulations !
Old 04-09-2004, 03:38 AM   #48
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Damn fine game, Havok!

SI

Old 04-09-2004, 10:35 AM   #49
DukeRulesMAB
College Prospect

WTG, Havoc! It's an honor just to get to play a ML team in the Cup, you know you've done as well as you possible can.

Old 04-09-2004, 08:03 PM   #50
Havok
College Starter

Thanks guys.... i still can't believe i've made it this far

Training and Form Update

This is what i've been waiting for, as i've said before my guys tend to bump in bunches.... and here's proof

4 guys total today bumped in PM (one was a forward so he doesn't count). But the other 3 are all midfielders.......

Huey Miller
667 000 US$, 20 years, inadequate form
Has wretched experience and wretched leadership abilities [Head]

Playmaking: brilliant Passing: poor

Our first ever Brilliant player!!! While Huey's been in inadequate form for 3 weeks now, he's still a big part of my midfield. Huey will also become my first ever Magnifcent player and World Class player also then i'll finally break down and sell him.

Iver Dyrberg
564 000 US$, 18 years, solid form

Playmaking: outstanding Passing: inadequate

Mr. Franchise is already outstanding PM!!! Man i love this guy. He's already got the third best PM on my team and he's barley been with us 1 full season. To bad his stamina isn't a little better or he might get into the starting line-up more. At the rate he's going i should be able to get him to Titanic PM before his 21st birthday!!!

Karl Leitner
175 000 US$, 18 years, poor form

Playmaking: excellent Passing: inadequate

Poor Karl.... he's kind of the Black Sheep of my training program. He just doesn't get any respect Its mainly because he's about 1.5 levels of Playmaking lower then the next closest midfielder on my team. But one day he'll make hell of a starter, just not for a couple more seasons

Form

The form update has been the worst part of the week for us over the last 7 weeks or so. Its been SO FRUSTRATING!!! But at least this week was a step in the right direction. Everyone except my defense is ok.... not great, but not horrible either. But the defense still seems stuck in horrible form! Even my goalie is down to very low passable form, you'd think eventually one of them would have a good form week but it just hasn't happened in over a month. Anyway, i guess the big update was the one i was expecting anyway, Jakob Mogensen tacked on another 90k in value and bumped to solid form. In 4 weeks now he's added 5 levels of form and over 500k in value.... simply incredible.

4 Players increased in form (2 Starters)
2 Players Decreased in Form (1 Starter)

Team/Player Value

Value per player (average): 314 105 US$ (+14,684)
Total squad value: 5 968 000 US$ (+279,000)
Experience (average): poor