Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-21-2001, 12:09 PM   #1
Rainman
n00b

Question Starters that are disgruntled?

I have just purchased the FOF2K1, and i love it. Im in 2009 season doing allright, been to the playoffs 4 times straight now with the chicago bears. My question is i have a few players that are starting on my team and they are still disgruntled. I have there playing time on 8 but hes still upset. Could someone tell me if this is common, like is it his way of saying he wants a new contract or something? Thanks for ant feedback i recieve.

Rainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2001, 12:38 PM   #2
B & B

Players that signed contracts for much less than their requests tend to become more irate. So thats part of it. Also,if the individuals get into advanced states of displeasure its sometimes very hard/impossible to resign them. I personally believe that negative attitides about playing time are somewhat contagious and try to nip it early on if possible.
Old 02-22-2001, 01:27 PM   #3
TalonGard
n00b

I've been wondering about this very subject myself. I have a DE how has been 1st team all-pro 3 out of the last five years, and 2nd team once. He was also been disgrunteled the entire time, but this has not stopped him from signing two renegotiated contracts with me durring this same period of time (I gave him exactly what he wanted durring the last year of his current deal). I finally decided that aslong as he continues to lead my team in tackles and sacks, and is willling to resign, maybe it's a good thig he isn't happy

[This message has been edited by TalonGard (edited 02-22-2001).]
TalonGard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2001, 01:27 PM   #4
TalonGard
n00b

I've been wondering about this very subject myself. I have a DE how has been 1st team all-pro 3 out of the last five years, and 2nd team once. He was also been disgrunteled the entire time, but this has not stopped him from signing two renegotiated contracts with me durring this same period of time (I gave him exactly what he wanted durring the last year of his current deal). I finally decided that aslong as he continues to lead my team in tackles and sacks, and is willling to resign, maybe it's a good thig he isn't happy:-)
Old 02-24-2001, 05:37 AM   #5
huve
Mascot

Quote:
Originally posted by TalonGard:
I've been wondering about this very subject myself. I have a DE how has been 1st team all-pro 3 out of the last five years, and 2nd team once. He was also been disgrunteled the entire time, but this has not stopped him from signing two renegotiated contracts with me durring this same period of time (I gave him exactly what he wanted durring the last year of his current deal). I finally decided that aslong as he continues to lead my team in tackles and sacks, and is willling to resign, maybe it's a good thig he isn't happy:-)

I had the samething happen to me in my career but as soon as the rookie came he wouldn't resign for nothing.

huve
Old 02-25-2001, 06:37 PM   #6
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

I believe this is a bug that's been reported with the program. Please direct all complaints to EA Sports.

NoMyths
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2001, 08:31 PM   #7
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by NoMyths:
I believe this is a bug that's been reported with the program. Please direct all complaints to EA Sports.

NoMyths

Yes, but fortunately it only affects around 17 people so it's ok
Old 02-26-2001, 07:49 AM   #8
TalonGard
n00b

Wink

It's up to 18 people. I bought the game 2 weeks ago
Old 02-26-2001, 12:11 PM   #9
NovaBlazer
n00b

Red face

My favorite is one of my starters having a LONG TERM injury and is unable to play... yet he still manages to get all bent out of shape that I am not playing him.

"Sure! Go on in! The doctor doesn't know what he is talking about... those casts over your knees will protect them from being reinjured and having to have another surgery..."

Sigh
NovaBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 07:38 AM   #10
TalonGard
n00b

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by NovaBlazer:
My favorite is one of my starters having a LONG TERM injury and is unable to play... yet he still manages to get all bent out of shape that I am not playing him.

"Sure! Go on in! The doctor doesn't know what he is talking about... those casts over your knees will protect them from being reinjured and having to have another surgery..."

Sigh

See, now there are 19 people having this problem

Old 02-28-2001, 04:27 PM   #11
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

I once had a 1st round draft choice get disgruntled in his rookie year over PT. Then he started every game for 12 years, but remained disgruntled. In his 14th year, he got hurt to OUT and grew Uhappy and refused to resign.

"All these years I played for you, I never said a word. And this is how you treat me?"

Holding a grudge for 12 years, could it be FOF2000 has women players now?
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote