Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: How quickly should I sim the games?
A week's worth of games daily 1 12.50%
A month's worth of games every 3 or 4 days 3 37.50%
Two week's worth of games every 2 days 4 50.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-2004, 05:51 PM   #1
Honolulu Blue
Dynasty Boy

Baseball auction dynasty sim speed

Brief description of the options:

1) Sim a week per day, slowing things down during the playoffs. This will take about a month to run, and it allows things to unfold (relatively) slowly, but it doesn't leave much margin for error, as there will probably be about an 18 hour window for changes.

2) Sim a month every 3-4 days. This would take about 3-4 weeks to run and would allow plenty of time for discussion on what's happened before the present becomes the past, but a month is a pretty long time and a lot can happen.

3) Sim two weeks every two days. A compromise between (1) and (2). More time for changes, but less time to reflect.

It doesn't matter to me which option is chosen. I'll abide by the wishes of the majority.

Honolulu Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 06:18 PM   #2
Vince
Pro Starter

Heh, first vote in I like the month every 3-4 days...we're not really trying to make this a career sim or anything, and I think most people are just curious as to how their team will perform. That's just how I feel, anyways.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 08:38 PM   #3
oykib
College Starter

Two weeks every two days. I'm not online every day, anyway. The current depth chart should handle any injuries or whatever. But, at least until the trade deadline, I think everyone'd like the ability to make adjustments.

The first sim should be a month, though. We'd need an amount of games that large to make any judgements about our rosters.
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 02:23 PM   #4
TLK
Pro Starter

Just a bump..... FWIW.... I went with the third option
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 04:41 PM   #5
Honolulu Blue
Dynasty Boy

The voters have spoken. I'll see if I can get the first two weeks finished tonight.

Thanks for voting.
Honolulu Blue is offline   Reply With Quote