Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-30-2001, 01:47 PM   #1
Tommie Frazier
n00b

Post 5th Ave to Wall Street

I've had this game for 2 weeks now and am playing a career on 5th Ave to get myself familiar with the game. When I switch to Wall Street...what differences should I notice within the game? Or I should ask...what aspects will get noticeably more difficult.

Thanks,

Tommie Frazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 04:32 PM   #2
Jas_lov
College Starter

I haven't played 5th avenue, but I'm guessing it will be harder to renegotiate contracts. That's one major difference i can think of. I'm not sure about any more.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2001, 01:02 PM   #3
NovaBlazer
n00b

Just doing that now. 5th AVE got way to easy after awhile (9 playoffs in 10 years), so I am hoping that it will just all around be a little more difficult.

I did notice that in my first two season that the amount of people that were getting injured was WAY up. Even with a coach who had EX in avoid injuries.
NovaBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2001, 11:31 PM   #4
Daimyo
College Starter

I think I heard somewhere once that the only difference between the two is in the financial aspects of the game, but I might be wrong. I remember when I went from 5th avenue to wall street back in fof2, I didn't notice much difference at all. In fof2k1 its much harder to fit a full team of quality players under the salary cap in Wall Street so you have to pretty much choose certain positions to focus on acquiring studs. Not sure if this is the case in 5th avenue or not.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2001, 11:52 PM   #5
ez
High School JV

Jim confirmed a difference in the injury rate between the levels in FOF2. i'd guess that holds for FOF2K1 as well...
Old 02-03-2001, 01:20 AM   #6
SackAttack
Head Coach

How difficult is it to renegotiate contracts on 5th Avenue? I seem to be able to renegotiate the big-money deals every 2nd or 3rd year on Wall Street, which keeps me from getting into the real serious cap trouble.

Which prompts another question -- are the backup salary demands appreciably different on the lower levels?

Josh
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2001, 01:06 PM   #7
NovaBlazer
n00b

5th AVE re-neg's are pretty easy to come by. It seems that after winning a super bowl about 10 out of 40 players are willing to take a sizable paycut and play for an extra year or so on the contract if you just keep them on the roster. Usually this would free up a good 5-10% of my cap. Which of course let me get a tiny bit better talent at a few positions. Thus after awhile you only have 4 or 5 FA's (but you are happy that they are leaving) and you have a prepetual chance at late playoff's depending on injuries.

NovaBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote