Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-18-2004, 09:11 PM   #1
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Ping: Heavy Reign Re: Bug in FBCB

HR: Got another crash (forgot to jot down the code).

I think it occured when I somehow doubled-opened my team. I must have gone into my team from the standings, then somehow opened the standings again, then opened my team a second time from this new standings list (without having the first time closed). As I tried to back out the game crashed.

Sorry the details are vague but I'm not exactly sure what I did, then of course the game crashed so there was no way to discover what went wrong. I do remember thinking, "Humm, That's strange, I just closed out of the standings from my team and there are the standings and my team underneath that..." Bang. Crash.

I'll keep an eye open in case it happens again.

Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 09:22 PM   #2
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Can you tell me the date and time of the FastBreakCB.exe file that is on your computer? I want to see which one it was.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 10:46 PM   #3
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

HR: Sure. File created on 1/15/04 at 1:53:04 AM

I can recreate it using these steps:
1. Open Season...Standings
2. Double click on my team to open it.
3. Select Season Info
4. Select Standings
5. Double click on my team to open it (this creates the second opening)
6. Click on season schedule to open it.
7. Click exit to back out to standings.
8. Click exit to back out again.

Step 8 creates a Run-Time Error 9.

The bug is minor, as there really isn't a reason to open the standings twice. However, it's easy to do by mistake.
Old 01-18-2004, 10:48 PM   #4
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Ok. There was a later build that I posted that I'm pretty sure takes care of this. Can you give it a try and let me know if you are still having the problem?

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB107.exe
Old 01-18-2004, 10:53 PM   #5
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

HR: I downloaded the 1/16 file and tried the above steps. The game still crashes for me with the new file.
Old 01-18-2004, 11:23 PM   #6
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Alright. I'll do some experimenting when I get home.
Old 01-18-2004, 11:28 PM   #7
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

It's not a game stopper by any means, and easy to avoid if you're careful. I just make sure I only keep one team open at a time and everything's fine.

Just figured that, as usual, you'd want to know about it.

Good luck tracking it down.
Old 01-18-2004, 11:47 PM   #8
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Basically, it only happens if both of the teams that you opened from the standings screen are the same team. I'll get it fixed.
Old 01-20-2004, 02:13 AM   #9
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Ok, give this a shot:

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB107.exe

Hopefully I was able to clean up the last spots where this could happen with the roster screen.
Old 01-20-2004, 06:56 AM   #10
Balldog
Pro Rookie

HR:

For some reason I have been having this problem lately. I'll sim some games then go to my roster to check out some players by opening up their player page. Well I double click on the names and their page will not open up, I will then exit out to the main screen and re-enter my roster page then it works.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 01:47 PM   #11
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Does this happen with the currently uploaded patch? It was a problem with the initial upload of 1.0.7 but I can't duplicate it with this version.
Old 01-20-2004, 02:56 PM   #12
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Okay, I have not tried it with the currently uploaded patch. Will advise.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 07:18 AM   #13
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Just got RTE9 (with latest patch) after auto-save at the beginning of Jan. '09. No huge deal since it was RIGHT after auto-save, and things working fine. I exited out of Sim Games screen to look at messages, and got the RTE.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:11 AM   #14
henry296
College Starter

HeavyReign,

I am enjoying the game, but it seems like too many West Coast players are being created for the # of teams. When I get to January or February there are no 3* players on the east coast, but plenty of them available in the west. Unfortunately, I am a small school with little budget and can't afford to travel out there.

Todd
Old 01-21-2004, 09:57 AM   #15
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296
HeavyReign,

I am enjoying the game, but it seems like too many West Coast players are being created for the # of teams. When I get to January or February there are no 3* players on the east coast, but plenty of them available in the west. Unfortunately, I am a small school with little budget and can't afford to travel out there.

Todd

I think I've noticed this too. Obviously, there are reasons why there are more foreign players available (since they are high cost for everyone), but I'm not sure I understand the "West Coast bias." It seems that the distribution of players doesn't match the distribution of schools. Maybe that is how it is in the real world, but I just wanted to say that I noticed the West Coast trend too.
Old 01-21-2004, 10:00 AM   #16
John Galt
Pro Starter

dola,

One more thing that has been around for a while, but I have forgotten to post. I noticed that the arrows to switch between players on the training screens don't work (ie you are looking at one player in training, but you can't go to the next). I know they don't get used all that much, but I would kind of like them when I'm deciding who to redshirt.

Still enjoying the game a ton, though. I just got fired for the first time trying to play Army with the real roster set. After 3 years, I just couldn't get them turned around. Oh well.