Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-21-2001, 08:04 PM   #1
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Post Marmel's New Dynasty

Sadly, the LA Stars did not successfully follow me in my move, and to my new computer. So, I will start a new dynasty. I am currently quick simming the first 2 season and will take over the expansion team, wherever they may be located, and play with them. The house rules will be as follows:

-Will not have ticket prices greater than closest geographical rival.
-Will keep players and draft players from local colleges as much as possible
-Empty Cupboard
-I can have current NFL players. As I said before, I like them, so I will use them.
-No Franchise Tag
-I can accept any computer trade offer
-I can only make 1 trade offer every decade
-I can only sign free agents with up to 4 years experience (to avoid those franchise tags that were cut)
-All players will be signed to the contract that they request. Exception, in free agency, I may add more to their asking price.
-I can renegotiate with players in their last year of their contract
-During FA, I can sign 2 players in the 1st 10 weeks and 2 players in the last 10 weeks.

That is about it for now. I will add/amend rules as needed.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."

Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2001, 08:29 PM   #2
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

The NFL is proud to annouce our newest franchise:

THE RENO SNAKE EYES

Marmel brings his successful backgroud to this franchise as its first ever GM. The first coach of the Snake Eyes is Deion Hellerstedt, Coach D for short. The scout is Pete Sullivan. Coach D have mostly VG's, which is terrific. We anticipate him being around for quite some time. The scour is very nice as well, but his fair rating in young talent may send him out of town pretty soon.

Our closet competitor is the Arizona Cardinal Franchise. We will compete with them for fans, and adjust our ticket prices accordingly.

We head to the expansion draft with little hope of finding a diamond in the rough.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Old 02-21-2001, 08:40 PM   #3
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Expansion Draft:

1. Reno (NV) - Martin, Cecil, FB, IND
2. Reno (NV) - Heiden, Steve, TE, SDO
3. Reno (NV) - Horne, Tony, WR, STL
4. Reno (NV) - Treu, Adam, C, OAK
5. Reno (NV) - Myslinski, Tom, G, PIT
6. Reno (NV) - Turk, Matt, P, MIA
7. Reno (NV) - Horne, Jerry, K, CIN
8. Reno (NV) - King, Shawn, DE, IND
9. Reno (NV) - Collins, Todd, LB, STL
10. Reno (NV) - Mitchell, Kevin, LB, WAS
11. Reno (NV) - Burris, Jeff, CB, IND
12. Reno (NV) - Stoutmire, Omar, S, NYJ
13. Reno (NV) - Spence, Blake, FB, NYJ
14. Reno (NV) - Kelly, Reginald, TE, ATL
15. Reno (NV) - Jones, Charlie, WR, SDO
16. Reno (NV) - Dishman, Chris, G, ARI
17. Reno (NV) - Diaz-Infante, David, G, DEN
18. Reno (NV) - Strickland, Sam, T, DET
19. Reno (NV) - Barnes, Lionel, DE, STL
20. Reno (NV) - Skelly, Carlton, DT, GBY
21. Reno (NV) - Harris, Antwan, CB, NED
22. Reno (NV) - Longfellow, Brent, S, GBY
23. Reno (NV) - Jones, Henry, S, BUF
24. Reno (NV) - Grasmanis, Paul, DT, PHI
25. Reno (NV) - Murrell, Adrian, RB, WAS

We actually got some pretty decent players who might stick around for a few years. We spent a little more than we wanted to, but I think it was worth it.

In the free agency period, we will try to get 2 high impact players that we can build the offense or defense around. I would prefer to get 2 players on the same side of the ball, but we'll see.

We make lucrative offers to CB Sam Madison and S Levon Flowers in the first week of FA. Mr. Madison signs with us in week 3, and he is the first superstar of our team. Mr. Flowers signs with us in week 5, and our secondary is suddenly pretty good with these two guys back there.

Week 11 of FA arrives and we will try to get some LB's or DL's to shore up the defense. The draft will focus on offense, hopefully. Miraculously, DE Lance Johnstone is sitting there without a bid in week 11, so we make him a fair offer. We also offer DT Thomas Hollis a contract. They sign in weeks 13 and 14 respectively, and we close out the FA period.

Old 02-21-2001, 09:07 PM   #4
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

It's draft time, and right off the bat, we know there will not be a top notch QB to draft in the first round. There is heavy debate in the war room over a couple of guys. Coach D wants S Randy Harper out of UAB. This guy looks great! I think he is a certain bust however. Our scout likes WR Darrell Buckley, and he also looks great, but who is going to throw him the ball? I fall in love with T Bucky Sawyer from Oregon State, and I have also targeted a S from Northern Alabama that is sure to breakout in camp. After much heated discussion, the Coach and Scout see it my way.

With the first ever draft pick of the Reno Snake Eyes, we pick T Bucky Sawyer.

In round two that red-line safety is still there, and I insist we take him. S Greg Weinmeister.
3: TE Gibert Harlan, out of Penn State
4: RB Harvey Donaldson out of Oregon State
5: T Billy Joe Morton out of UCLA
6: WR Nate Anderson out of UCLA (another possible breakout player)
7: QB Edwin Wheeler out of UNLV

We head to training camp and hope for those 2 breakouts! Well, neither moves a single bit, but nobody goes down either, so I will give this draft a grade of B, considering the lack of talent there really was. S Randy Hopper was NOT a bust and might have been a better #1 selection, but that is water under the bridge. He went to the Ravens with 14th pick. WR Buckley went to the Broncos with the 20th pick.

Hmmm, Donovan McNabb is in the free agent pool and I really need a QB. I have absolutly nobody. He is only a 4 year player, so it fits under my rules, but I pass, because I am sure he is a franchise casualty. Damn!

Our staring lineup for our inaugural season will ook like this:

QB Scott Covington
RB Michael Basnight
FB Cecil Martin
TE Gilbert Harlan
WR Nate Anderson
WR Tai Streets
C Jamar Nesbit
G Chris Dishman
G Tom Myslinski
T Bucky Sawyer
T Sam Strickland

P Matt Turk
K Jerry Horne

DE Shaun King
DE Lance Johnstone
DT Hallis Thomas
DT Paul Grasmanis
LB Kevin Mitchell
LB Todd Collins
LB Clint Kriewaldt
CB Sam Madison
CB Jeff Burris
S Lethon Flowers
S Greg Weinmeister

Not too good. Our defense is cleary our strength, if you can call it that.

Old 02-21-2001, 09:09 PM   #5
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

2002 PreSeason Recap:
The Snake Eyes go a surprising 2-2, but have to deal with the following injuries:

Injury Report:

Cecil Martin, FB - Hip Pointer, full strength in 3-5 Weeks
Kevin Mitchell, LB - Sprained Knee, full strength in 0-2 Weeks
Fakhir Brown, CB - Bruised Shoulder, full strength in 3-5 Weeks
Charlie Jones, WR - Bruised Ribcage, full strength in 3-5 Weeks
Gilbert Harlan, TE - Hip Pointer, full strength in 3-5 Weeks

Old 02-21-2001, 09:33 PM   #6
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

2002 Regular Season:

All of those injuries listed above result in the players being questionable. I have nothing to lose so I start them all.

We open our season on the road, in Giants stadium to play against the New York Jets. Testaverde is still leading the team, but their OL is really banged up. They went 6-10 last year, so we have some hope to start out this franchise's history with a big W.

Week 1:
Reno (0-0) at NYJ (0-0). We get crushed 34-7. The lone bright spot was RB Basnight running for 129 and a TD. QB Covington threw 3 INTs. The Defense had 0 INTs and 0 sacks. 1st round pick Bucky Sawyer had 4 key blocks, 1 sack allowed.

Week 2:
Tennessee (0-1) at Reno (0-1). The Titans were 6-10 last year also. They are really banged up, check out this injury report:

Advance Scouting Report of the Tennessee Titans.

From the desk of Pete Sullivan.

Injury Report:
Randall Godfrey, LB - Questionable
Isaac Byrd, WR - Questionable
Mike D. Jones, DT - Questionable
Steve McNair, QB - Questionable
Donald Mitchell, CB - Out
Lorenzo Neal, FB - Probable
Benji Olson, G - Out
Marcus Robertson, S - Doubtful
Frank Wycheck, TE - Doubtful
Cory Raymer, C - Out
Keith Bulluck, LB - Questionable
George Willoughby, CB - Out
Deon Dyer, FB - Probable
Sammy Morris, RB - Out
Jim Calvert, TE - Probable

Tark Stadium gets a modest crowd for the franchises first home game. We have a big party at The Mirage to kickoff the season. The Donald even stops by to say hi to management. The party goes on long into the night as the Snake Eyes win! 36-13. Basnight runs for 117 and a TD, what a nice surprise so far. QB Covington throws 1 TD and 2 INTs. The defense gets 3 INTs and 4 sacks.

Week 3:
Reno (1-1) at KC (0-2). A tough trip to Arrowhead awaits us this week. A punt return for a TD and 2 FGs gets us out of there with a lucky 13-7 win. Basnight runs for over 100, Covington doesn't throw an INT, but we only gain 89 yards through the air. We were outgained 360-192, very lucky indeed.

Week 4:
Denver (1-2) at Reno (2-1). The crowd is noticably large for our second home game. I think it has to do with our winning record, although I know it will turn into a losing record soon enough. It turns out we are undeafeted at Tark Stadium this year. We win 26-7. Basnight gets 95, Covington throws for 2 TDs and 0 INTs. The D gets 3 picks.

Week 5:
Tampa Bay (2-2) at Reno (3-1). We stay home this week and face our toughest test yet. There is already an aura of invincibilty around Tark Stadium. I wonder if it has to do with the name? We win 17-13 to go to 4-1! Never in my wildest dreams. Basnight, 135 and a TD. Who is this guy???!!!! 2 more INTs for the D. We sit alone, atop the AFC West!

Week 6:
Seattle (1-3) at Reno (4-1). We stay at home again and look to make it 4 in a row! A 23 point 4th quarter gives us the 23-16 win! Basnight gets 151! Defense gets a pick and 2 sacks.

Week 7:
San Diego (4-2) at Reno (5-1). Suddenly Tark Stadium is an unfriendly place to visit. But, this is our first game against a team with a winning record, and 1st place is on the line. We get spanked, 24-10 and reality comes crashing down. Basnight gets 90, but the defense did not show up.

Week 8:
KC (2-5) at Reno (5-2). At home again, means 7 of our last 8 are on the road. KC is not too good, so we need this win. This team is starting to think playoffs now. Basnight didn't get a single yard and we lose 23-17. We can put those playoff hopes on the shelf for now.

Old 02-21-2001, 09:39 PM   #7
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

2002 MidSeason Report Card:

Division:
Oakland 5-2
San Diego 5-3
Reno 5-3

QB Covington, 145/261, 55.5%, 1291 yards, 6TDs, 9INTs, 62.2 rating, not the answer.

RB Michael Basnight leads the league with 816 yards. Also has 3 TDs.

Harvey Donaldson has 2 PRs for TDs.

Lance Shulters for San Francisco has 8 INTs.
Our very own Sam Madison is 2nd with 4, and Levon Flowers has 3.