Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-21-2001, 01:39 AM   #1
SackAttack
Head Coach

Post VC Eagles - The Twilight Zone (2006)

Submitted for your approval, the 2006 Philadelphia Eagles - doomed to repeat the same two seasons until they go 38-0 with two rings and zero points allowed!

OK, so maybe not.

We get a year-end score of 82. Team performance and Profit/Loss dragged us down a wee bit.

Please welcome the following players for induction
into the Hall of Fame this season:
Eugene Robinson
James Hasty
Jerry Rice

As you can see, Rice-A-Roni makes the hall, despite having exactly one touchdown reception in his hallowed (hollowed?) FOF career.

Both our scout and coach are under contract and will remain so.

As for player personnel, Healy pulled the famous Houdini disappearing act (either that or he took the ill-advised Bermuda Triangle Vacation package), and is no longer on the team, nor on the keeper list. With $28.5 mil under the cap, and our only other keeper under contract, the franchise tag will be used on Warner.

We tender offers to Hentrich and Franks among our UFA's. We also hit the free agent market, making offers to Courtney Brown and Brian Urlacher. Between those four and our rookies, whoever they may be, we should be able to fill most of our holes fairly well; the rest we can get minsal guys for.

SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 01:45 AM   #2
SackAttack
Head Coach

Urlacher, Hentrich, and Franks surprise me and sign in week 2. Brown, as one might expect, is playing the field - the high bid is currently pushing $30 mil over 4 years from the Bucs.

We hedge our bets and tender an offer to Shaun Ellis as well. The competition isn't as stiff for him, and we should get at least one of these two.

Ellis takes the (cheaper, I might add) bait right away; we'll bow out of the Brown race. Incidentally, he signs with Green Bay for not much more than we were offering.

At the end of FA, Warner "settles" for $33 mil over 3 years. It'll pay him $9 mil after bonus to start and culminate at about $13 mil in the final season; hopefully by then he'll be renegotiated.
Old 01-21-2001, 02:01 AM   #3
SackAttack
Head Coach

2006 Amateur Draft

We're in need of depth in the secondary and at center, so those will be my targets. I immediately see a center I like, but I think he'll drop at least one round, maybe two; not a first round pick, at any rate.

There IS, however, a cornerback worth expending a first rounder on.

28. Philadelphia - Jonassen, Roman, CB, Southern California

He has the potential to be an immediate starter; we'll see what training camp does to him.

The center is still around in the 2nd round, but our more immediate need is at safety, where only one quality guy is available. Need I say more?

60. Philadelphia - Tubbs, Rich, S, Florida State

We get lucky -- the center I liked drops to the third round, where we immediately snatch him up.

92. Philadelphia - Brandon, Mercury, C, Illinois

Moving to the fourth round, there's no standout talent available at any of our "need" positions. However, there IS an excellent run-blocking guard. With apologies to CubsFan, "chicks dig the pancake."

Worst case, this guy is excellent trade bait.

124. Philadelphia - Madison, Sherman, G, Tennessee

156. Philadelphia - Eiguren, Sedrick, LB, Buffalo

We needed a linebacker. He's nothing special, but he's not horse feed either.

188. Philadelphia - Conley, Kelvin, C, Florida

Not a bad fella at center, but not really standout either. I'm glad he fell this far but I wouldn't have shed a tear if he had gone earlier.

220. Philadelphia - Bullock, Skip, RB, Marshall

We needed a running back anyway, but this is mostly a theoretical pick. I've noticed that my RB booms have all had fairly high breakaway #'s, so I'm goin' with a gut hunch here.
Old 01-21-2001, 06:19 PM   #4
SackAttack
Head Coach

After signing all of our rookies, we have 3 roster spots left to fill and $5 mil or so to fill them with. I'll run training camp first and then see what I can find in the way of undrafted rookies to fill those three holes.

-------

No busts, no booms. Everybody is pretty much right at where our scout projected them in the draft. Unfortunate, perhaps, but it could be a LOT worse (especially with that first round CB! )

As it turns out, we need a 3rd QB, a 3rd TE, a 4th S, and maybe a 5th WR.

We sign S Grady Perrin to a 3 year deal worth about 2 mil. He's not great, but he's better than most undrafted rookies at his position.

We do the same with TE Jonathan Beckwith.

Since we still need a 3rd QB, and have about 4 mil to play with, I go after QB Ken Porter. His stats aren't spectacular, but his ratings are pretty solid. Hopefully he just "needs a chance," as they say.
Old 01-22-2001, 12:28 PM   #5
CubsFan915
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by SackAttack:
[BWith apologies to CubsFan, "chicks dig the pancake."[/b]

WOO-HOO!!! More recognition!

Running the Richmond Confederates of the FOBL into the ground since 2001.
CubsFan915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2001, 05:56 PM   #6
SackAttack
Head Coach

Hehe.

Apologies for how long this is taking, folks. My new cable modem ISP has a penchant for going down at the most inconvenient hours, generally on a daily basis, sometimes for several hours.

I'll try to get this wrapped up ASAP, but if it drags on too much longer, I'm out. I don't want to hold you guys up.

Josh
Old 01-24-2001, 11:53 PM   #7
SackAttack
Head Coach

I'm going to try and wrap this season up tonight (starting after I post this) and then pass the file on to the next guy.

In the interests of expedience, I'm just going to post the scores for the preseason. No commentary. That will come in the reg. season, and God willing, the playoffs.

Should probably find somebody to replace me as well.

Josh
Old 01-25-2001, 12:04 AM   #8
SackAttack
Head Coach

2006 Preseason

PHILLY 22, Iowa City 14
PHILLY 33, Buffalo 21
Seattle 14, PHILLY 10
PHILLY 38, Pittsburgh 31

No major injuries.

2006 Regular Season

PHILLY 45, Cleveland 22

Warner was 24-42 for 322 and 3 scores, and Meadows carried 18 balls for 105 yards and two scores of his own. Joe Horn returned the opening kickoff 93 yards for a score.

PHILLY 33, Dallas 3

Meadows opened the game with an 80 yard TD run after just 8 seconds of play, and Warner hit 315 yards and 2 TDs on 21-31 passing. Three of our receivers hit 80+ yards on the day.

PHILLY 43, New York Giants 14

25-43 passing for Warner and 350 yards. Oh, yeah. 4 TDs too. Horn and Garth combined for a scintillating 13 catches, 245 yards receiving, and 2 TDs.

Arizona 21, PHILLY 14

So much for dreams of perfection. We lose Bubba Franks for the next three months to make matters worse. We sign TE Archie Crawford to replace him.
Old 01-25-2001, 12:14 AM   #9
SackAttack
Head Coach

PHILLY 28, Detroit 20

Our first road win of the year. Yay. Warner was 26-37 for 298 yards and 3 TDs.

We lost LB Chad Brown to arthroscopic knee surgery. Please, no fallen Chad jokes. Edward Camacho takes his place.

PHILLY 38, Washington 22

Washington came to town tied for first at 4-1, and left thoroughly humiliated. A gimpy Meadows rushed for 126 yards, and Warner found the endzone 5 times on 22-30 passing. It gets better -- free agent signing Shaun Ellis recorded 4.5 sacks! Hey, hey, hey, goodbye, indeed.

PHILLY 28, Baltimore 14

The Kurt Warner show continues. 25-34 passing, 354 yards, 4 TDs. After 7 games, he has 23 TDs, 4 INTs, and close to 2200 yards passing. Oh, and, uh, a 114.6 QB rating. Who said 35 year old QB's ain't got game?

PHILLY 31, Arizona 10

Revenge is a dish best served cold. The game time temperature of 58 degrees will have to do. Warner hit the end zone 3 more times, but only registered 199 yards passing. We'll take it.
Old 01-25-2001, 12:23 AM   #10
SackAttack
Head Coach

PHILLY 27, Atlanta 27

Kearse had 2.5 sacks and Culpepper got picked 4 times, but it still wasn't enough for anything more than a tie, mostly because we allowed a TD punt return and Warner only hti the end zone twice.

PHILLY 27, Dallas 17

That doesn't look good. Warner was 3-5 for 14 yards, according to the box score. Our 3rd string QB, [b}Ken Porter[/b] threw the clinching TD pass with 3:43 left. A look at the injury report shows nothing more serious than turf toe for Warner, but the rookie Jonassen is done until 2007 with a torn biceps muscle. A shame, too, as he was making a phenomenal case for Defensive ROY.

Franks is healed, so we activate him and cut his replacement and sign Randy Hartman to replace Jonassen.

[i]PHILLY 20, Washington 9

No truly standout performances; our scout evidently benched Warner. Might have been a good idea, considering he's now out around a month with that pesky toe.
Old 01-25-2001, 12:32 AM   #11
SackAttack
Head Coach

PHILLY 34, Chicago 26

Chatterley was 25-36 for 302 and 3 TDs -- a positively Warneresque performance. The win all but clinches a playoff berth.

PHILLY 27, Pittsburgh 24

Warner made his return despite not being 100%, and it showed. Only 1 TD pass and 256 yards, but Meadows picked up the slack with 170 yards rushing and a TD. The win clinches the division, and possibly one of the two playoff byes. The other contender is Atlanta, with whom we tied earlier in the season.

[i]PHILLY 30, Carolina 27

Another week, another inspired performance by Meadows. 180 yards and a score this time on 26 carries. Warner still hasn't regained his form. Damn injury.

PHILLY 24, Jacksonville 14

Warner was 27-45 for 373 yards and a score. He's gettin' there. Garth had 9 catches for 193 yards, and caught Warner's TD pass. The win clinches the playoff bye.

New York Giants 16, PHILLY 13

Not the way to go into the playoffs, but we still finish with the league's best record at 13-2-1. Warner "settles" for 34 TD passes. Not bad by any standard, esp. as it led the league, but after throwing 26 in the first 8 games alone, visions of 52 were dancing in our heads. His 103.6 QB rating sets a single season record.
Old 01-25-2001, 12:39 AM   #12
SackAttack
Head Coach

2006 Playoffs

Wild Card Round

Minnesota 45, Arizona 6
Carolina 31, Atlanta 6 (!)
Baltimore 24, New York Jets 20
Pittsburgh 34, Tennessee 7

Divisional Finals

Kansas City 31, Baltimore 14
Chicago 20, Minnesota 7
Pittsburgh 30, Indy 24[/b]

PHILLY 23, Carolina 10

Warner must have a rubber arm. 30-43 passing for 329 yards and 2 scores. We're two wins away from winning it all in my final season. Just call me "Dick".

Conference Championships

Kansas City 42, Pittsburgh 16

PHILLY 34, Chicago 21

Darren Mayes set the the tone early with a 38 yard TD INT 10 seconds into the game, and Chicago never recovered. Warner bruised his shoulder, but should (hopefully) be alright for the Super Bowl against the Kansas City Chiefs. Did somebody mention Dick Vermeil?
Old 01-25-2001, 12:46 AM   #13
SackAttack
Head Coach

2006 Super Bowl

Kansas City 27, PHILLY 6

Kind of a bittersweet feeling. We worked all year to get to this point, with a revitalized Warner leading the charge, only to fall short courtesy of 3 INTs (2 from Warner) and an offense that would make Dilfer proud.

The good news is, my boy Warner hit the trifecta -- MVP, OPY, FTQB -- and my other boy Garth had the year of his LIFE, hauling in 107 passes for 1474 yards and FIFTEEN TDs. Yes, Virginia, that's a franchise record. That also ties the NFL record set by Galloway back in 2000. I'm glad I was around to see it.

Who's next on the list?

Josh
Old 01-26-2001, 07:40 PM   #14
SackAttack
Head Coach

'ello?

Josh
Old 01-29-2001, 09:04 AM   #15
andy m
High School Varsity

Talking

hi Josh - this is the running order:

CubsFan915
SackAttack
Barkeep49
andy m
Kosta

presuming everyone is still in, Barkeep's mail is:

[email protected]

you might want to check with him if he's still interested...
Old 02-03-2001, 01:22 AM   #16
SackAttack
Head Coach

That's really sad that it took 3 days for anybody to notice.

Barkeep, if you're still around, reply in this thread with an email address and I'll pass it along. I won't be deleting any files, so make sure it's an account that can receive a (fairly) large file.

Josh
Old 02-03-2001, 03:41 AM   #17
andy m
High School Varsity

Talking

i posted barkeep's address above

[email protected]