Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-30-2003, 09:57 PM   #1
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

FOF2K4 Question re: Quick Simming

I know I've read this somewhere, but I can't find it.

I'm quick simming some history for a new league, and invariably, I end up with the option of being fired by my owner since I haven't participated in free agency or raised ticket prices in 10 years. My question is, do I automatically get a chance at another team if I accept the firing, or does the game end? I think the answer is that I get another team to run, but I've never done this before, so I don't know.

Can anyone confirm this, or tell me what happens when I accept a firing?

Thanks.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 01:39 AM   #2
Honolulu Blue
Dynasty Boy

Once you accept being fired, you are DONE. There may be teams around that will hire you, but don't bet on it. This ain't TCY, where there's always some bottom-feeder team willing to give you a chance.
Honolulu Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 09:03 AM   #3
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I remember reading awhile back that you could un-fire yourself, or something like that, so the game dosn't end like FOF4 did with firings.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 11:19 AM   #4
Peregrine
Pro Starter

It's funny Ksyrup, I was worried about being fired when I quick-simmed through 12 years to start my dynasty, and though I did have the worst franchise record over that time, luckily I wasn't. What did shock me was finding out my team won the Solecismic Bowl in one of those quick sim years, and I'm talking the 9th of 12 seasons. That's pretty good for no free agency and keeping players only the length of their rookie contracts! Turned out that the team had drafted at 1/1 a couple years early a guy who turned out to be a HOF QB who put the team on his back all the way to the big game.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 11:23 AM   #5
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Yeah, I found out the hard way, but just reloaded the game and played that season over. You are given a choice to ignore the owner's firing when the next season starts, so that's what I did.

I simmed from 1983 through 2003 and am going to take over in 2004. My team, understandably, sucks. I think we had several above-.500 years in the mid-80's, and somehow went 10-6 around 2000 or 2001, but the rest have been anywhere from 1-15 to 6-10. Brutal.

On the plus side, I've got plenty of cap space to work with!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 12-31-2003 at 11:24 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 02:09 PM   #6
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally posted by Ksyrup
I simmed from 1983 through 2003 and am going to take over in 2004. My team, understandably, sucks. I think we had several above-.500 years in the mid-80's, and somehow went 10-6 around 2000 or 2001, but the rest have been anywhere from 1-15 to 6-10. Brutal.

On the plus side, I've got plenty of cap space to work with!
I've got a similar quick sim league ready to roll as well, once I have time to do it. I started in 1980. The team made the Division Final the first two years, went to the NFC Championship in '95, and was a Wild Card entry in '96. Alas, those were the only four playoff seasons. They've been very bad recently, going 21-43 over the past four seasons. Like Ksyrup, the good news is that I have all the cap room I should need. Once I do my initial round of cuts, I should have 60-70% of the cap to work with.