Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-02-2001, 02:58 PM   #1
andy m
High School Varsity

Smile Village Challenge - go Philly! (2004 ->)

at long last, the Village Challenge is back up and running. ouch, actually, i got a little spooked out there as a message popped up "couldn't get a license at this time", out of nowhere! but i restarted the game and it seems find now. weird.

82 was the score evaluation for 2003, pretty decent!

scouts and coaches, well, our scout (Heath Roberts) has had his contract expire on us. our headcoach has a 45-27 record and has taken to the Eagles to the playoffs every season so far, so it'd be foolish to fire him even though he is 62 and perhaps declining slightly.

to replace Roberts we pick up 53 year old Mario Humphrey, for 3 years at $500k a season. he rates:

QB: very good
RB: very good
WR: good
OL: fair
K: excellent
DL: very good
LB: excellent
DB: good
YT: good

he was my second choice, Jared Hines elected to stay with divisional rivals Dallas when they offered him $660k a year for 5 seasons.

i heed the advice and tag Jevon Kearse as the franchise player, this dude is a monster! woah. not even a hard choice, especially after his 16 sacks in 2003. 44.5 for his career.

retirements: WR Jeff Graham, DE Philip Daniels, DT Brad Culpepper

right, free agency. ouch, this is gonna be tight. 35 players signed, $13.2m to do it with, and we still have to get Kearse signed up. hmm.

to free up some more cash, i trade WR Manny Smith and a 4th round pick to the Chargers for DE, Tony Bryant. i also trade aging LB Mike Jones to the Cards, a long with a 6th round pick for a 7th round draft pick. that might sound stupid to you, but believe me, it's not.

ok, we now have $18.5m to pursue 12 players with. that oughta do.

young C, Harris Sullivan, resigns for 2 years, $1.1m. if i can get Tom Nalen to re-sign too, that sets us up at that position.

we pick up TE Bubba Franks for 2 years, $6.6m. he has five years in the league and is pretty studly. P Craig Hentrich returns for 2 years at $2.7m. Tom Nalen bolts to the Bears though, leaving us a little short at C.

one of our big weak spots is T, but there are no decent free agent tackles at all.

we also pick up a hot young LB called John Abraham, looks like he'll have a lot to offer in the future.

i then solve our T problem by trading moderate LB Jamie Sharper, a 2nd round pick, and next years 4th round pick, to the Titans for rock solid kid named Jermy Howard. he'll open serious holes for the ground game, and was the #11 pick in the first round last year. i then trade spare T, Kendall Wynn, to the Steelers for a 6th round selection.

we now have 37 players signed and are $13m under the cap, but without much in the way of "needs".

last pickup is G, Jeremy Newberry. $7.52m over 3 years. that's it! we're set for the draft... we pick
28th.

first round selection for us is S, Todd Fulton, out of Fresno State. has 93 maxed out on interceptions, and is nicely loaded with potential in other areas. yum.

we don't pick again to round 3, where we acquire DT Mark Wilkins, out of Florida State. he is light, and looks that he has good talent to rush the passer.

we pick again in the 5th, where we grab Damon Castleberry, out of Indiana. he is respectable, and should bulk out our recieving corps.

in the 6th we get kick returning CB, Jumbo Tyler (weird name for a CB!) from Tennessee. we also get Mark Wilkins line mate from Florida State, Craig Fulcher, a reasonable DE.

finally we use our last picks on LB Wade Pupunu, a lB from California who'll just take a roster spot and complete our LB patrol, and QB Jeff Ludwig from North Carolina.

draftees sign, and i fill out the roster by grabbing 1st year DT, Ed Alston, and 1st year WR, William Brady, both of whom were lurking in free agency with solid ratings.

training camp... guys throw the ball around and tackle each other. same as every year.

argh, S Todd Fulton busted. he keeps his high interceptions stat, but his others plummet.

here is how we lineup going into the new year:

Kurt Warner is QB, youngster Meadows is at RB, meaning i really should trade the high salaried Davis if possible, as both Davis and Olandis Gary are free agents next season. FB is Buckley, TE is Franks. WR are Garth, Horn and Dawkins. the O-Line, from left to right is Howard, Wiegert, Marsh, Tuggle and Hayes. Hentrich punts, mare kicks, Horn returns punts, Jumbo Tyler returns kick. JUM-BO!

on D, the line is made up of Lattimore, Young, Alston and Kearse. the LB are Nguyen, Abraham, Chapman and Dunlap. in the secondary we have Coleman, Harris, Bennett and McElroy.

62,500 season tickets are sold. lets get ready to rumble!

in pre-season:

vs Baltimore: 27-20 - WIN
at Kansas City: 24-31 - LOSS
vs Oakland: 29-24 - WIN
at Cleveland: 10-37 - LOSS

hmm. no serious injuries, though Kurt Warner has a hyper-extended elbow. he can start, just hope he doesn't aggravate that injury.

i have to dump Stephen Davis to the Patriots for a 5th round pick (best i could get!!!), which frees up more money to re-sign some other players.

week 1: at Green Bay: 13-30 (LOSS 0-1)

awful start to the season, Waner left the game after going 8 for 10 and Chatterley came in, throwing 2 interceptions. Kearse notched up 2 sacks. Warner is done for 3 to 5 weeks, bye bye season? G Newberry and CB Condon are similarly disabled. jacking up the run percentages...

week 2: Washington: 20-3 (WIN 1-1)

that running plan worked. Meadows tore away for 147 yards on 29 carries, whilst Chatterley was a phenom, he hit on 21 of 24 passes for 190 yards and a TD. very impressive! 1.5 sacks for Kearse. Warner is back in 0-2 weeks, but he can stay rested till fully fit after a performance like this!

week 3: Denver: 35-7 (WIN 2-1)

we shut them down on offense, Bledsoe was 25 of 52 with 3 interceptions, meanwhile, Meadows and Gary shared ground yardage, and Chatterley exploded for 293 yards and 3 TD's.

week 4: at Oakland: 14-9 (WIN 3-1)

Oakland had yet to win, and we kept faith with Chatterley. Warner is still not 100%, so that made the decision easy. Meadows had a little trouble running, and Chatterley performed adequately enough, no interceptions. 1.5 sacks by Bryant.

week 5: at Dallas: 13-24 (LOSS 3-2)

Warner still isn't right, so we persist as we are. Meadows was crushed all day long, and we lost Chatterley early. rookie QB Ludwig came in and was impressive, 17 of 29 for 224 yards and 2 TD's, no interceptions, but our dismal ground game cost us. Garth had 110 yards receiving. Chatterley blew out his hip in this game and is done for 3 months. unfortunate. we also lose young G, Andrew Tuggle, for the same duration.

we have week 6 off, Warner should be 100% for the next game.

week 7: Carolina: 3-12 (LOSS: 3-3)

5-1 Carolina improve their record against us in Warner's return. Meadows didn't run as often as he might, and Warner proved to be rusty. Jevon Kearse took a knock, and is done for 3 to 5 weeks.

week 8: Arizona 21-13 (WIN: 4-3)

useful win over a divisional rival, who, like Carolina, also stood at 5-1 before coming into this game. we got by them despite an inadequate offensive performance. Bennett and McElroy won the game on interception returns for TD's.

week 9: at Washington: 21-14 (WIN: 5-3)

Warner came back to life for 266 yards and 3 TD's. much better! 2 sacks for Lattimore.

that's it for now, more tomorrow!

andy m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 03:34 PM   #2
andy m
High School Varsity

Red face

week 10 : at San Diego : 37-10 (WIN 6-3)

wow, nice way to get tonights games under way. San Diego came into this game at 7-1, and left town with their tail between their legs. Orlandis Gary had 2 TD's, Warner passed for 2 more, and Bryant Young swarmed all over them for 4 sacks. this was just a good performance all round.

week 11 : vs Kansas City : 27-17 (WIN 7-3)

Meadows found his form to tear for 147 yards on 17 carries, grabbing 3 TD's into the bargain. Kurt Warner left the game after throwing for 229 yards, and substitute Ludwig was admirable in his place, 7 of 11 for 75 yards. Dawkins had an enormous game at WR, 173 yards on 10 catches.

week 12: vs Dallas : 30-6 (WIN: 8-3)

important win over divisional rivals Dallas. this victory puts us two games in front of them and Arizona in the East. Gary lead the ground attack, whilst Warner was adequate at QB. we won this on the back of 5 interceptions, 2 for McElroy (defensive rookie of the year in 2003, and putting on an even better show this year).

week 13: vs New York Giants : 38-6 (WIN: 9-3)

a crushing win over the Giants (i am hoping for a similar result in real life at the weekend!). Meadows had 109 yards, though 71 of them were on one carry. Warner turned in his usual 200+ yard, 2 TD, 0 interception performance, and we basically did all we need to do to win really.

week 14: at Arizona : 17-24 (LOSS: 9-4)

disappointing defeat to end our 6 game winning streak. they locked down Meadows, and forced Warner to go to the air, where he coughed up 3 interceptions and generally struggled. bad news - Kearse dislocated a knee and is out till te playoffs.

week 15: vs Tampa Bay : 37-14 (WIN: 10-4)

that's the way to do it! bouncing back with a good win over 8-5 Tampa Bay, we crushed their offense (32 rushing yards, 3 interceptions), saw Meadows struggle a little, but Warner came back with a 295 yard performance. Garth caught 7 balls for 112 yards. 2 sacks by Houser (the guy i picked up to replace Kearse!) also helped.

week 16: at Atlanta : 13-38 (LOSS: 10-5)

well, they were 13-1 beforehand, if it's any consolation. woah. we were 14-13 down at the half then they crushed us. 18 rushing yards doesn't help.

week 17: at New York Giants: 31-26 (WIN: 11-5)

this win put us in the playoffs and ensured we get a bye week, which is nice. Meadows had 90 yards rushing, Warner was a little off target, but we had enough left to triumph. Horn had 111 yards catching.

DIVISION PLAYOFFS - Chicago at Philadelphia...

well, we've made the playoffs for the 5th season running, a pretty decent achievement I'd say! if we win, we have to go and travel on the road at 16-1 Atlanta by the way. some prize. anyways...

it was a bit of a defensive struggle early on, we had -4 passing yards after one quarter. but we stood firm and went into the half leading 17-0. the Bears pulled it back to 17-10, we stretched, they pulled back, we stretched. we won 31-17. it was a pretty simple win. Meadows had 65 ground yards, Warner exploded for 332 yards and 3 TD's, Horn had 104 yards on 5 catches, we had 2 picks (including one returned 44 yards by Condon) and overall did pretty darned well. now for those pesky Falcons. our only player missing is the quality LB, Dat Nguyen.

winner plays the Jets in the superbowl...

well, we got off to a fast start, Kennedy Garth caught a 39 yard pass from Warner on the opening drive, before the teams exchanged field goals to see the Eagles leading 10-3 after a quarter. the Falcs came back with 2 short field goals, to bring it back to 10-9, but we looked to have a good lead going into the half, 13-9 up with 45 seconds remaining. alas, the Falcs put together a good drive and scored on a 45 yarder as time expired. 13-12.

the Falcs came out and looked good after the break, getting a pair of TD's on Culpepper passes, and converting a 2 point PAT to bulk the lead to 27-13. teams exchanged TD's, and we were still 14 points down. when Garth was hit for 7 yarder with 5 minutes to go to bring us with 7 again, it looked possible. but the Falcs drove down the field and capped things off with 31 seconds to go, a 29 yard field goal.

final score: Atlanta 37, Philadelphia 27.

at least we made a game of it. Warner had 351 yards passing and 3 TD's, but 2 interceptions also. Garth had 133 yards. Karse and Lattimore notched a pair of sacks.

Atlanta wound up winning the superbowl in a nail biter, 29-26.

player stats:

QB: Kurt Warner had an average season. 12 starts, 2601 yards. 18 TD's vs 9 Int's look good though. he had a 85.2 rating. subs Ludwig (rookie) and Chatterley did great in limited duty. both had ratings over 90. Ludwig had 299 yards, and Chatterley had 843.

RB: disappointing season from Meadows in his first year as starter, 1019 yards and 9 TD's. free agent Gary had 429 yards.

WR: we had a trio of great wideouts this year. Garth caught for 963 yards on 72 receptions, and added in 8 TD's. Dawkins had 826 yards on 58 catches, and Horn had 784 yards on 65 receptions. stand-out TE, Bubba Franks, added in 618 yards. we have a good corps.

Returns: Horn had 2 punts returns for touchdowns. a nice additional weapon in his armoury.

K: Mare was 23 of 27 on FG. Hentrich was solid.

tackles: free agent acquisition Abraham led the way with 122 tackles.

sacks: Lattimore had 10.5, Bryant Young 8.5, and Kearse only 6.5, but he was troubled by injury for most of the year.

ints: Juan McElroy avoided a sophomore slump, 5 interceptions and the opposition only caught 26 passes on him all season. he ended the season with an injury, which hopefully won't stall his development.

Abraham was rewarded for his excellent season with a 1st team Linebacker nomination, almost doubling his previous beset tackle total, and picking up 2 interceptions too. the league ignored the rest of the team.

----

scored an 86.

welcome to the NFL hall of fame: Bruce Smith, Warren Moon, Bruce Matthew, and Darrell Green...

we lost one player to retirement, stellar WR Sean Dawkins.

(um, the game crashed during the 2nd season, when i went to check end of year stats. mind if i swear and cuss and stuff?)
Old 01-03-2001, 03:47 PM   #3
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
i also trade aging LB Mike Jones to the Cards, a long with a 6th round pick for a 7th round draft pick. that might sound stupid to you, but believe me, it's not.

I'm sorry for not following you advice (and just believing you) but can you elaborate? Were the draft picks in the same season? If so, I have trouble seeing the point, unless you seek to re-acquire LB Jones at some later point (which would be precluded by cutting him now).

QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2001, 01:58 AM   #4
andy m
High School Varsity

Red face

it was actually stupid. i hadn't played FOF for so long that i forgot you still paid the signing bonus even after you traded him. i just wanted to dump his salary, and the only way i could get rid of him by trade was to make this weird offer. i should have simply cut him.
Old 01-04-2001, 01:01 PM   #5
andy m
High School Varsity

Arrow

veteran headcoach, Billy Joe McDaniel, looks to be deteriorating even further. and although he has compiled the 3rd best winning percentage in the league, and has taken us to the playoffs five straight times, i do believe that it is time to can him. we replace him with 51 year old Terrell Norris. Norris has never coached in the NFL before, but looks talented enough to do the business. welcome aboard, Mr. Norris!

none of our players are worthy of the franchise tag, so i don't utilise it.

i trade our busted S, Robert Fulton, and a 5th round draft pick to the JaxJags for RB Johnnie Morris.

we have 35 players signed, and a paltry $11.48m to use. hmm. well, we're going to have to use it frugally, so i pick up a C named Brad Witcher. then we get T Skip Herman for $2.2m over 2 years. i then fleece the Bucs like royally. i dump on them an average T named Darren Collins, and they give us a 2nd year TE named Ray Money. Money was a 1st round pick last year, and looks like a good prospect, especially blocking. our biggest pickup via free agency is CB Darren Mayes, another discarded draft pick. he comes in for $12.84 over 4 years. another signing is LB Chad Brown, $5.46m for 2 years. that leaves us with money for draft picks.

first pick: tubby DT Ike Tubbs clocks in at 290lb out of San Diego State. Tubbs looks like a rock solid prospect who may even be able to step straight into a 4-3 defense.

2nd round: Ohio State safety, Shawn Woods. Woods is almost maxed out, and hopefully he'll be able to step straight into the lineup, and not bust like Fulton did.

Penn State WR, Horace Winslett is our 3rd pick. he is a capable receiver and brings good returns skillz to the team too.

our other 3rd round pick is a big FB, Wes Knight. Knight is expected to develop into an excellent run blocker, and a superb short yardage runner.

we don't pick again to the 5th, where we get LB Michael Duran. he's no more than a filler player, but is solid enough.

final selection is Ike Hall, 7th round. he comes in from Georgia. a little raw, but the scout think he may develop a little.

and that's the draft. by the way, the Kansas City Chiefs will be moving to Los Angeles in the year 2010. wahey!

to cut salaries, i trade CB Marcus Coleman and a 4th rounder to the Bengals for CB Norm Carlisle, who is a 3rd year player. biggest problem: Kurt Warner is a free agent at the end of the season...

63,400 season tickets are sold.

here's how we play: Kurt Warner is at QB, Terry Meadows is RB, Buckley is FB, and Franks is TE. Garth, Horn and Winslett are the trio of wideouts. the O-Line from left to right is Howard, Wiegert, Sullivan, Tuggle and Hayes. Hentrich punts, Mare kicks, Winslett returns punts, Tyler returns kicks. defensively, Lattimore, Young, Wilkins and Kearse are the front 4. the linebackers are Brown, Abraham, Duran and Nguyen. the secondary is Carlisle, Harris, Bennett and McElroy.

we go through exhibition with a 3-1 record. some nice perfomances, including a 44-14 shellacking of St. Louis. C Harry Sullivan is out of 2 to 3 months, our only serious loss.

week 1: vs Dallas 52-0 (WIN: 1-0)

well. can't say fairer than that! what a great way to start the season, and the new reign of Terrell Norris as headcoach. we had 31 2nd quarter points and 45 by half time, Meadows and Morris generated nothing at running back, but all 3 QB's saw playing time and all 3 performed magnificently in duty. Warner was 14 of 16 for 133 yards, we had NINE sacks (2 for rookie Tubbs), Pupunu had an interception return for a touchdown, and Money and Knight returned fumbles for TD's. wham.

week 2: at Carolina 29-23 (WIN: 2-0)

we had a good amount of rushing yards, but you can credit that to FB Buckley who had a single carry for 78 yards. it ended in a touchdown. Meadows had trouble breaking out. 3 interceptions of Carolina helped us to the win.

week 3: vs Buffalo 52-0 (WIN: 3-0)

eh? our second 52-0 victory of the season. goodness. this time we had 42 first half points. once again, we generated little rushing attack, but Kurt Warner was god-like. he had 208 passing yards, completing 21 of 26 for 4 TD's. young Ludwig came in and hit on 11 of 15 for 120 yards. 4 picks, 2 for Woods. DT Bryant Young is out for 2-3 months.

week 4: vs Arizona 31-24 (WIN: 4-0)

a good win over an unbeaten NFC East rival. we rushed out to a 31-0 lead and they slowly clawed their way back, being within 7 with 14 minutes to go. Meadows at last came to life, crushing the Cards for 248 rushing yards. Warner had 3 TD passes.

week 5: at Washington 20-27 (LOSS: 4-1)

well, the impressive start comes to an end on the road in Washington. they beat us in the final 20 seconds, tying it at 20, and then unbelievably with a second to go, they picked off Warner and returned the interception for a game winning TD.

week 6: vs New York Giants 19-17 (WIN: 5-1)

a close run thing but we got a win. Mare booted the game winner from 36 yards with 10 seconds to go. all 3 QB's were used, and they all did a decent job. Horn and Garth both had over 100 receiving yards.

week 7: at Dallas 20-13 (WIN: 6-1)

a narrow win over the now 0-7 Cowboys, not quite as impressive as our season opener really. Meadows had 97 yards rushing on 17 carries, and Warner hit on 22 of 27 for 161 yards.

week 8: bye

week 9: at New York Jets: 10-44 (LOSS: 6-2)

hmm. no running game, and Warner was below par.

week 10: vs Washington: 28-25 (WIN: 7-2)

another narrow scrape, as Washington came back from 28-9 down to challenge us in the final period. Meadows had 3 touchdowns whilst Warner was airing the ball out to Horn and Franks, who caught for 100 and 106 yards respectively.

wee 11: vs Detroit: 21-24 (LOSS: 7-3)

our turn to lose narrowly. Madows had 101 yards, and Warner 320, but we still were unable to get the job done.

week 12: at New England: 40-15 (WIN: 8-3)

that's more like it! the team is capable of explosive offense, and this game demonstrated it. Meadows bounded for 151 yards and 3 more touchdowns, and Warner had another 300 yard passing day, with Horn hauling in 10 balls for 126 yards.

week 13: vs Atlanta: 17-24 (LOSS: 8-4)

Atlanta moved to 8-4 with a win over us. despite 349 yards passing from Warner (146 to Garth, 110 to Horn) he also threw 3 interceptions that let us down badly.

week 14: at Arizona: 17-14 (WIN: 9-4)

sneaker against Arizona who were 2nd in the division and drop to 7-6. Meadows was limited to just 12 yards rushing, but our defense held and stopped us from getting beat.

week 15: at New York Giants: 31-3 (WIN: 10-4)

offense and defense combined for the first time in a while to dish out a hammering. Meadows had 97 yards rushing, and Garth chalked up 101 yards receiving. CB Walt Harris is done for the season.

week 16: at Chicago: 21-31 (LOSS: 10-5)

well, we still can't live with the big boys. Chicago move to 11-14 in dropping us to our 5th defeat of the season. Meadows was given the ball plenty, 30 carries only generated 113 yards though.

week 17: vs Indianapolis: 14-37 (LOSS: 10-6)

shocking way to end the season. Warner was pitiful. 10 of 34 for 190 yards, and FOUR interceptions.

this defeat cost us a bye, and we have to play the 49ers. in the playoffs.

well, we dominated San Francisco here, and although the score was relatively close, we did destroy them. 31-21 to us, 537 yards to 259 yards. 27 first downs to 14. Meadows was amazing, 198 yards rushing. Warner threw for 332 yards and 3 TD's, Garth and Horn both went over 100 yards catching. Meadows performance was the 2nd best in play off history.

the win earned us a divisional playoff game in Carolina, who went 11-5.

we show them no respect. 44-13 to the Eagles. Meadows had 3 TD's and 155 yards rushing to stick it to the Panthers. nice.

unfortunately it means we must play the Bears in the NFC Championship game.

we chase them the whole game and are unable to get the ball back at the right moments to give us the chance to win. trailing 17-6 at half time, we score 22 4th quarter points, but the Bears are still scoring too, and take it 34-28. Warner bombed for 405 yards, but was picked off twice. Garth set a receiving yard record for the playoffs with 228 yards, and Warner posted the 3rd best in NFL history. the best ever? 418 yards by Bubby Brister for Washington vs Detroit in 2000. heh.

the Bears win the Bowl, 31-28 over the Browns.

individual stats

passing: Kurt Warner had 3519 yards on the season and was generally impressive. 27 TD's vs 15 picks. backups Ludwig and Chatterley were good when called upon to mop up.

rushing: Meadows had an odd season, great one week, pitiful the next. 1293 yards and 12 TD's though are good numbers. FB Buckley average 7.3 yards a carry on 22 carries.

receiving: very impressive performances from Joe Horn and Kennedy Garth. 1231 yards for Horn and FOURTEEN touchdowns. Garth had 994 yards.

returns: nothing to talk about here.

kicking: Mare is still rock solid, and Hentrich did a fair job punting.

tackles: Tommy Bennett was team leader with 73 tackles.

sacks: Jevon Kearse seemed a little beat up over the season, never really at 100% fitness, never unable to play. he had 8.5 sacks. Tony Bryant had 6.5 sacks.

interceptions: 3 a-piece for Bennett, McElroy and Carlisle.

Joe Horn was 1st team WR, and Jeremy Howard was a 1st team tackle. that's the only awards.

well, 6th consecutive playoff, 2nd consecutive NFC championship game. next up, a superbowl?

sending the file soon...

i won't nominate a keeper, i don't think i drafted anyone crucial.
Old 01-05-2001, 02:04 AM   #6
andy m
High School Varsity

guys, ShagVT has retired from the world of Front Office Football and has asked to be replaced in the Village Challenge.

if anyone wants to step up to thep plate, leave your e-mail and i'll forward you the file. thanks!
Old 01-05-2001, 08:59 AM   #7
Kosta
High School Varsity

andy - I've never been in a VC before. What is required? And more importantly do you trust me ?

I'd be happy to help if you need someone.

KOSTA
Old 01-05-2001, 09:08 AM   #8
andy m
High School Varsity

Talking

sure! erm, basically all you have to do is play seasons for us using the universe file i can zip up and mail to you, then you zip up and mail the universe file to the next guy!

there are a couple of house rules knocking around somewhere, i'm sure we can dig those out.

if you do fancy a go, post up your e-mail address and i'll make sure you get the file! i can send you more instructions on what to do with the file if you need 'em.

thanks!
Old 01-05-2001, 09:17 AM   #9
Kosta
High School Varsity

Ok Andy - I shall "rebuild" whether we need it or not - at least that will be my excuse for the 3-13 season I record (just kidding)

I'm in Singapore however until Fri Jan 12, so I'll need it after that if that is ok.

@mail it to [email protected]
Old 01-05-2001, 09:25 AM   #10
andy m
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

ok, sounds good

i'll mail the file to cubsfan then, and you can take your place in the chain when you get back from the 'pore!
Old 01-05-2001, 10:01 AM   #11
CubsFan915
High School Varsity

Wow, are we back to me already?

So who's left? I know of me, Josh, andy, and now Kosta... Am I missing someone?

------------------
Just a few short weeks until spring training!

Running the Richmond Confederates of the FOBL into the ground since 2001.
CubsFan915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2001, 10:22 AM   #12
andy m
High School Varsity

Smile

we never got a 5th guy, heh. i know ez expressed an interest but that was as far as it went. well, i'll send it on to you anyway, and if another person wants to become the elusive 5th man, then leave your e-mail here!
Old 01-05-2001, 10:39 AM   #13
Kosta
High School Varsity

I think it will be good for you guys to have me in the "rotation". You need one of those "crazy, what the hell were they doing" guys to mess it up once in a while so you can come back and fix the franchise. Let's just hope I don't get fired
Old 01-05-2001, 12:27 PM   #14
Barkeep49
Coordinator

As a longtime reader (and first time poster) I'd love to get involved in the VC; Having enjoyed immensley the Los Vegas Raiders, I'd love to give it a go. My email is, if you accept me, [email protected]
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2001, 12:34 PM   #15
Subby
lolzcat

LANE!

How's it going? Good to see VP refugees here

Check out the VC II Challenge website if you get a chance...

Subby
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2001, 02:19 PM   #16
andy m
High School Varsity

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Barkeep49:
As a longtime reader (and first time poster) I'd love to get involved in the VC; Having enjoyed immensley the Los Vegas Raiders, I'd love to give it a go. My email is, if you accept me, [email protected]

if you're a Vegas Raiders fan, then you're in! so long as you can pass this simple test:

who was the greatest Raiders RB in team history?

just kidding. welcome aboard!
Old 01-05-2001, 02:20 PM   #17
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Actually the sight of you on the board yesterday is what caused me to register Big Daddy Shue, but then I forgot to post some sorta snide comment (i'm at work) . Hope all is going well in your own village challenge and I sure hope that those two boys of yours aren't greying your hairs TOO much!
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2001, 04:32 PM   #18
CubsFan915
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by andy m:
if you're a Vegas Raiders fan, then you're in! so long as you can pass this simple test:

who was the greatest Raiders RB in team history?

just kidding. welcome aboard!

The answer to that better darn well be Paddy Schwimmer, or things are gonna get ugly in here...

Kosta, Barkeep/Lane: welcome! Great to have you on board!

Kosta: we've already got one potential troublemaker. I caused a bit of controversy in Vegas after replacing a veteran placekicker (who had kicked gamewinners in two or three FOF Bowls) with a hotshot rookie (drafted in the second round). Worked out very well in the end, but I was crucified in the Vegas press at the time it happened.

So they way I see it working is this:

CubsFan915
SackAttack
Barkeep
andym
Kosta

If Kosta gets back early, we can slide him in between me and Sack. Any objections?

I hope to be able to get cracking tomorrow, but may not be able to - my car blew up a few weeks ago, and I've been carpooling with my girlfriend, but this weekend is a car-shopping weekend. I may get something tonight, but it may take longer-I'll get to it as quickly as possible.

I'll see if I can dig up the "house rules" and repost them for you... Biggest one I can remember is that you can name one keeper, and every effort must be made to keep him on the roster. (You don't have to franchise him, but you better darn well offer him enough to stay! )

I'll start a new thread with a summary of rules, (brief) history, etc when I get crackin'. Josh, did you ever make any headway on a record book?

Old 01-05-2001, 05:32 PM   #19
andy m
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by CubsFan915:
The answer to that better darn well be Paddy Schwimmer, or things are gonna get ugly in here...

of course! who else but David's nephew? the one and only Paddy Schwimmer!

i rather doubt our current RB, Terry Meadows, is going to scale those heights, but he should give us a chance at some superbowl appearances in the coming seasons.

i remember that kicker incident. i wish i could remember the names now, but you replaced a legend with a legend.

[This message has been edited by andy m (edited 01-05-2001).]
Old 01-12-2001, 12:49 AM   #20
SackAttack
Head Coach

CubsFan,

I did, but it proved far too hairy to keep updated, unfortunately. :-/

Anyways, just to let you all know, I've received the file and will be starting on the first season PDQ. That is, just as soon as I find the keeper list.

Josh
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 10:20 AM   #21
CubsFan915
High School Varsity

Josh,

Right now we have only 2 keepers:

WR Kennedy Garth (yours)
S Healy (mine)

Andy didn't name one.

------------------
Proud to be the starting left guard of the FOF All-Stars!!!

Old 01-12-2001, 07:28 PM   #22
SackAttack
Head Coach

Awrighty. I'll get that finished up and sent on by the end of the weekend.

Josh
Old 01-14-2001, 12:21 AM   #23
SackAttack
Head Coach

Um....yoinks?

I just fired up the game, intending to use the next couple of hours to zip through my two seasons. I noticed that my man Garth tore it up last season, but when I went to check out his career stats, I repeatedly got a "Unable to load game data file. Saved game is missing error message."
Once it finally DID load, it only showed the last two seasons, as opposed to the man's entire career from 2002 on.

I hate to say it, but I think I'm kinda hosed unless the previous VC'er has the *entire* universe folder to send my way.

Josh
Old 01-14-2001, 09:02 AM   #24
CubsFan915
High School Varsity

SON OF A BITCH!!

Isn't this what happened with Jacksonville, too?

I've already cleaned everything out, too, and only have the zip I sent on to you.

Dammit!!!

------------------

Old 01-14-2001, 02:44 PM   #25
andy m
High School Varsity

Red face

well, i still have the previous file. cubs, do you want to play it again or shall i mail it to sack?
Old 01-14-2001, 11:09 PM   #26
CubsFan915
High School Varsity

Send it straight to sack... Then he can send it along to Kosta, or whoever is nect...

Old 01-15-2001, 02:05 AM   #27
andy m
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

ok. will send it later today.
Old 01-16-2001, 03:53 AM   #28
SackAttack
Head Coach

Haven't gotten it yet. Dunno if you sent it yet or not.

I opened up the hosed zip again after I discovered the hosing and there were a grand total of 4 files in it.

I know there's a need to save space and all, but deleting files doesn't seem to be the answer.

Josh
Old 01-16-2001, 08:53 AM   #29
andy m
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

i didn't send it till this morning in the end (about 5 hours ago), so you should have got it now i hope!
Old 01-16-2001, 04:47 PM   #30
CubsFan915
High School Varsity

I think we'll be well served to completely delete all the files in the Universe folder before unzipping the zip file... I must be getting a bit over zealous in my deleting...

But, if we start from a clean universe file, it will only contain what has been put in there recently, as long as everyone keeps things clean as we go. Damn dial-up modems! I sure as heck with my cable company would get on the ball and get the cable-modem in my area...

Old 01-18-2001, 02:54 AM   #31
SackAttack
Head Coach

CubsFan,

Wouldn't it simply be easier to rename the Universe folder and just open the zip into a new Universe? Then delete the zip, and when you're ready to pass it on, create a whole new one. That way you can be sure you're not missing anything crucial.

Andy, I don't see it in my box, but its also 1 am and I reorganized my inbox earlier. Could be I'm overlooking something. I'll check again in the AM.

Josh
Old 01-18-2001, 03:12 AM   #32
andy m
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

ok, let me know. i sent it to the e-mail address in your profile.
Old 01-19-2001, 03:58 AM   #33
SackAttack
Head Coach

I do in fact have the zip. What was the last season played? The zip I have is gettin' ready to start 2006. If we were supposed to be beyond that, then I think I'm gonna play this turn and then step down, because I really don't like being semi-responsible for us having to start over every time we get to me. At least, that's what it feels like.

Josh
Old 01-19-2001, 04:53 AM   #34
andy m
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

we've only lost 2 years. not a huge problem.
Old 01-19-2001, 09:44 AM   #35
CubsFan915
High School Varsity

Josh,

I think it's me, not you... The two times we've lost stuff, I've tried to clean up the zip file, and must have gotten a bit over-zealous in deleting stuff. The zip is fine when I get it, the game is fine when I play it, and then I apparently delete too much before I send it to you.

I'll have to be much more careful in what I delete - I'm trying to make sure I delete any old saved games in the zip, and apparently am deleting some important data files. It's not your fault...

------------------

Old 01-20-2001, 04:41 PM   #36
SackAttack
Head Coach

Alright.

I'll have my turn finished by the time I go to bed tomorrow.

Josh