Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-08-2001, 10:23 AM   #1
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Post 100 Years of FOF excellence

The year 2100 is rapidly approaching in my FOF2 career, and I would like to detail the 1st 100 years of league football here. Included will be an all-time all-star lineup, great individual performances, and superstar bios.

Any and all questions and comments would be appreciated as we celebrate this magnificent event.

Note: The all-star team will be the highlight of the celebration, and the only requirement to gain a spot on the team is a place in either a team or the overall hall of fame. However, while looking through the overall hall of fame, I have no hOFers at the following positions: FB, T, G, and only 2 Centers made the HOF. I have not made a thorough investigation of the team hall of fames, but I doubt I will find any there, so that will be a missing element of the all-star team. I don't want to just include some of my players at these positions, as that will taint the team, IMHO.

I have been the GM of the following teams in my tenure:

1999-2047 Carolina Panthers
2047-2085 San Francisco 49ers/Hawaii Volcanoes (moved the team in the early 2050's)
2085-present New York Giants

As I post some of the all time records, and single game performace records, I would love to see how they compare to other careers.

The QB race for a sopt on the all-star team is a tight one right now. There will be a starter and a backup. My guy Roger Stoffers is probably going to get the nod, if for nothing else that the amazing 20 year career he had. I have never seen a player, especially at the QB position, play so many years. He has put up amazing career stats in a very balanced offense, as you can imiagine by his longevity.

I think the backfield will consist of 2 RB's. This is for 2 reasons. No FB has made the HOF, and there are 2 RB's who are head and shoulders above any other RB's to ever play the game.

There will be 1 or 2 TE's, and 3 or 4 WR's.
Again, only 2 centers, so that will be the OL.

We will have 1 kicker, and 1 punter.
2 DE's, 2DT's, 3 or 4 LB's, 2 CB's and 2 S's.

4 players have entered the HOF with 100% votes, and they will be detailed, and all four will most likely make the team.

We will also do a bio on the league's first superstar, Marc Kassotis (he won 3 MVP's, including the very first), who was partly responsible for bringing the league to respectability and eventually bankrupting the now defunct NFL.

We will also profile the amazing season of one of the LB's in the league. He set a season record for tackels and was named MVP of the league, the only non-QB or RB to be honored with that award.

Please stay tuned for the coming festivities, and again, please post any comments/questions you have.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."

Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2001, 07:19 PM   #2
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I would like to start by detailing the career records.

Roger Stoffers, the great Carolina QB, drafted by yours truly in 2019, holds the first 4 career records in FOF.

Games Started:303
Pass Completions:5,501
Pass Yards:73,328
Pass TD's:442

2 RB's split the Rushing career records:

Willie Fisher played his entire career with the Tampa Bay Bucs. He owns 2 records.
Rush Attempts:5,133
Rush Yards:22,173

Rob Pritchett, who played with both the expansion Grand Rapids team, and the new York Jets hold the Rushing TD's record, with 169.

The receiving records are also split between 2 WR's. Henry Hawker, who played for Minnesote, before finishing up with Washington, had 1,095 receptions.

Kendrick Curtis, drafted by me, played for Carolina, but finished up in Milwaukee, holds 2 records:
Receiving yards:16,675
Receiving TD's:108

Interceptions: 109 by Van Hildebrand, with Arizona and Cincinnati.

Tackles: 1,763, by Carlton Kelly, with Cleveland and Tennessee.

Sacks: 246.5 by Stephen Collins, with Baltmore.

Field Goals: 610 by Terry Randall with Carolina, Fort Wayne (IN), and Louisville.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Old 01-08-2001, 07:29 PM   #3
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Now for the greatest single game performances in the 100 year history.

Pass Attempts: Luther Burlsworth 65 Carolina 2082
Pass Completions: CJ Antonides 37 Washington 2076
Pass Yards: Christian Maniecki 539 San Diego 2073
Rush Attempts: Eric Poloski 45 Giants 2039
Rush Yards: Ike Camacho 346 Jets 2057
Receptions: Ty McDaniel 16 St. Louis 2010
Tackles: Corwin Eicholz 22 LA 2006
Sacks: Graham Lynn 7 St. Louis 2002
TD Passes: TJ Godfrey 7 Atlanta 2095
TD's scored: Daryl Sualua 6 Atlanta 2022

Old 01-09-2001, 02:20 AM   #4
dolfin
High School JV

Currently my season is in 2016 (I'm slow on the simming, especially offseason).

Charlie Batch finally retired from my beloved Dolphins after 18 years in the league. "Surprisingly" (trying to make another Marino) he ended his career with 66,201 yds and 474 TDs, both records. In his final season, at 41 years old (I think) he accumualated 5,390 yds with 31 TDs.

My Offense was really pass oriented (very Marinoesque). My (very good) RB averaged just under 650 yds per season in the past 7 seasons.

My Dolphins also have the No. 1 and No. 5 career leading receivers with 15,091 yds and 13,685 yds, respectively.

The No. 1 receiver also holds the record for Receiving TDs with 112 while the No. 5 is also No. 5 in TDs with 84. I also have a retired receiver with the No. 2 spot with 108 TDs.

I have been to the playoffs 13 out of the last 14 years with only 3 rings. Good, but not domitating.

It looks like you had a great century. Great reading, looking forward to the rest of the post.
dolfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 01:59 PM   #5
GMgawd
n00b

How about posting the leagues franchise moves over the last 100 years if you remember them.
Old 01-18-2001, 03:11 PM   #6
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I am glad somebody brought this back to the top. My FOF2 career has been put on hold as I am involved in my LA Stars Dynasty which I am posting here. I will eventually get back to the FOF2 100 year career, and finish this thread, as well as answer your question GMgawd. There have been quite a few moves (only 1 by me), and there is 1 more scheduled for 2104 or 2105....

Old 01-18-2001, 03:49 PM   #7
GMgawd
n00b

Cool I love that aspect of this game. To be able to move a francise yourself is great but for the computer to do it is a wonderful touch. Does anyone know the criteria the computer uses to decide on a move?

I think the worst move I've seen is the Pittsburg Steelers to Oklahoma City. Art Rooney is rolling over in his grave.