Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-15-2001, 05:12 PM   #1
henry296
College Starter

Post Super Bowl Champs with Poor QB

The overriding thought is that it is necessary to have a near superstar QB in order to win the title. I just won the title with Junior Razt, a 2nd year former 5th round pick. On the scout overview screen he is 40/68 so he does have some talent. For comparison sake loading a new 2000 puts Trent Dilfer as 48/48, Shaun King as 33/52, Jay Fiedler as 32/45 and Kerry Collins is 42/52. He has more potential than all of these QBs but is current rating is relative similar to this years Super Bowl QBs. His final stats were 16 GP, 15 GS. 57% completion 10/16 TD/INT ratio and a QB rating of 67.1. He is a RFA after this year and now I must decide whether to sign him to big bucks.

The key to success is to be like the Baltimore Ravens. First on offense, may first down run % was 60 and in fact early in the year the scout had it set to 67. I lead the league in rushing attempts with 539 but only average 3.3 yards per rush.

The key to my success was to have one of the leagues best defenses. I held opponents to about 270 (80/190) yards of offense per game. Opposing runners averaged a paltry 3.1 yards per carry. A great example was my performance against Dennis Rivera the Browns Offensive Player of the Year. In Game one he had 32 yards rushing on 20 carries and in game 2 -21 yards on 16 rushes. As for defensive game planning. I played the majority 4/3 starting 65% and ending up closer to 80% due to injuries to my linebacking core. My defensive %s were set by the scout and not changed to the opposition. My all out pass and run are both 50 as are both blitz tendencies. I play 70% man, 30% zone. All of my defensive expertise is above 60 with 80 in 4/3 defense.

My point differential spread was only 300/234 and was 11-5 in the regular season. I did benefit from some fortunate defense as my 2nd Team all star safety who returned 3 of his 5 picks for TDs.

I am going to post this on the strategies forum as well.

Todd

henry296 is offline   Reply With Quote