Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Who will win Survivor?
Darah 9 25.71%
Jon 6 17.14%
Sandra 18 51.43%
Lil the annoying scoutmaster 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2003, 05:18 PM   #1
Jon
High School Varsity

OT: survivor winner

I most likely have been scooped... but who's going to win survivor tonite?

I think it will be Jon, much to my chagrin.

Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 05:34 PM   #2
Suicane75
Coordinator

I'm hoping like hell that it's Jon, He and Rupert have made this season special, they have the ability to carry the other players and make them much more interesting than they are.

I like Darah and Sandra, both for their moxy and because Darah is a total babe and has proven to be a big time nemesis in the challenges and Sandra just cause she's got alot of spunk in her.

Lil............I hope she gets eaten by an aligator in the first 5 minutes so i don't have to hear her whine thru the whole damn thing.

The post show reunion should be pretty cool too, depending on who knows what about Johns lie and wether or not theyve already talked about it, i'm hoping the lie will be revealed on screen so we can see him get his head ripped off.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 06:02 PM   #3
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Hmm, I guess the Trout must have been voted out a couple weeks ago.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 08:17 PM   #4
The_herd
College Starter

Jon's ass is gone.
Old 12-15-2003, 01:02 AM   #5
uglytuco
n00b

I second the notion of getting that annoying lucky-ass loser Lill out of there. I couldnt stand her and was happy when she got dumped the first time.

Once Jon got voted out tonight, the show was pretty much over for me. There were at least 4 or 5 other people that deserved to win it more than either of those 2.

OK, I'll give it up for Sandra for playing the 'fly under the radar' routine. Hey, I used to win dodgeball that way all the time back in school. Wait it out in the back while everyone kills each other, then step out and kick some ass.

But lets not get carried away, it IS a coattails strategy. Hang onto the successful people and hope you live to the end so you can sneak in to win it all. Let everyone else do all the hard work then capitalize on it. Well, it worked for Sandra, it worked for Tina and I think there was another chick that got through like that way back when.

Rich was the greatest Survivor ever, followed closely by Brian.
uglytuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 01:30 AM   #6
pjstp20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by uglytuco
Let everyone else do all the hard work then capitalize on it. Well, it worked for Sandra, it worked for Tina and I think there was another chick that got through like that way back when.

Vecepia. I think she won Marquesas because no one even knew she was there, so she never got votes. Then she acted like she did something great for African American women everywhere. Apparently she confused reality TV show winner with Pulitzer Prize winner. I swear, Africa, Marquesas and Thailand almost killed this show.
pjstp20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 03:38 AM   #7
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Suicane75
I like . . . Sandra . . . just cause she's got alot of spunk in her.

I didn't know it was that kind of "reality show."
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 10:17 AM   #8
uglytuco
n00b

Vinatieri - very funny!!!!!

"I swear, Africa, Marquesas and Thailand almost killed this show."

Africa was just depressing. Living in a hole in the desert, sifting through elephant sheet to get your water. I dont even remember the other 2 you mentioned, at least not without some names being attached to em.

They were smart to start sticking the people back on islands where at least the scenery was beautiful.
Old 12-15-2003, 10:18 AM   #9
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Vinatieri for Prez
I didn't know it was that kind of "reality show."

Heh, I knew someone would call me on that comment eventualy.
Was I the only one surprised by how good the girls looked last night? Christa, Dahra and Tijuana are all very attractive, much more than came across in the show.

I swear to god I fluctuated between wanting Lil to kill herself and wanting someone else to kill here, she ruined the whole damn show for me last night.
SHE THREW AWAY A MILLION DOLLARS!!
Theres no either way to say it, she picks John, she wins the money, case closed.
What an oaf.
Old 12-15-2003, 10:56 AM   #10
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

I wonder if she would really have won the $1mil if she had picked Jon to go to the final 2. Up to that time, the other survivors did not know about the big lie. I also wonder about the outcast tribe. Found it interesting that Ryan O. was the only one to mention it.
Originally Posted by mijb#19
Switzerland is independant and will try to do so until the apacolypse is upon us.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 11:05 AM   #11
Suicane75
Coordinator

I think she would have, but you do make a good point.
That said, she had a much better chance against Jon than against Sandra and that can't be denied.......I Hate her, she literaly made me cover my ears 4 times last night just so I didn't have to hear her babble.

Oh, I love it how at the end of the regular show she talked about if she had it to do over again she wouldn't wear the scout outift, than when they cut live, like 3 months later, SHES WEARING THE SCOUTS OUTFIT!!! I hate her, I hate her so much.,
Old 12-15-2003, 11:32 AM   #12
uglytuco
n00b

I think they all have to wear what they were wearing at the end of the show, for conitnuity sake. Thats the way its been for all of the finales.

I watched the show on Tivo last night, starting it at around 9pm. I FF through as much of Lills whining as I could. Havent yet watched all of the reunion show.

I think Jon couldve won it going against Lill. There were enough savvy players that shouldve respected the work he did to get there. Plus, as someone pointed out, Lill had voted everyone on the council out. All of her old tribe was double-crossed by her. Rupert was too.

She was the most unwitting pawn I think the game has ever seen. And definitely the most annoying player ever.
Old 12-15-2003, 11:35 AM   #13
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by uglytuco
I think they all have to wear what they were wearing at the end of the show, for conitnuity sake.

I don't know about all of them but I know for sure that Sandra, Rupert, Ryan, and Christa were all wearing different clothes, so I don't think that's true.
Old 12-15-2003, 01:06 PM   #14
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by Suicane75

Was I the only one surprised by how good the girls looked last night? Christa, Dahra and Tijuana are all very attractive, much more than came across in the show.

No, you weren't. I thought Christa and Tijuana were both looking very nice. Christa is even a computer programmer.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 01:07 PM   #15
Kodos
Resident Alien

Sadly, I would have been rooting for Jon over Lill in the final, even though I can't stand him. All the damned crying and babbling from Lill is just unbearable. I was really happy to see Sandra win in a landslide.

The under the radar method is the best strategy to use on this show. It has produced multiple winners. You guys forgot about the soccer player with the bad hair who won Africa. He was an under the radar guy too. If you appear physically strong or if you try to be a leader on Survivor, you might as well kiss your ass goodbye.

Just ask Marmel.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 01:21 PM   #16
Radii
Head Coach

I made it to 3rd in the first Survivor FOFC by using the under the radar method, it definitely works!

And yeah, I would second, and third, and fourth, etc, everything said above about Lill. She was just annoying as hell to listen to. I think, if she hadn't already annoyed the hell out of me to begin with, when she mentioned menopause(sp?) in Thursday's episode I would have started hating her right then.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 02:43 PM   #17
uglytuco
n00b

Remember how Tina looked at the finale from the Australia version of Survivor? Lots of work she had done on her face. I think Lill had some work done too. Her neck looked all smooth and her eye bags had disappeared.

Dam, I really couldnt stand her.

But I think the all-star Survivor should be real dam good.