Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-01-2000, 10:56 AM   #1
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

Post Village Challenge II website

For those who still don't know (how could that be possible ? LOL)

Subby did a great job creating our Village Challenge II Website.

here is the url :
www.villagechallenge2.fr.st
- Chairman of the IHOF Hall of Fame
- Athletic Director of the Brigham Young Cougars in TCY
FOF Legend: Hall of Fame QB Brock Sheriff #5, one of the most popular player in Front Office Football history.

Darkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2000, 12:01 PM   #2
TheRoyalOne

The website is spectacular Subby! I'll have to do a little digging but I know that in my first two seasons that both years ended in Conf Final losses to those damn Patriots.

I think it would also be neat to have a draft retrospective at least showing our #1 picks and some of our big finds.

My first two #1 picks were DT BJ Mudgett in 2001 and RB Donnie Sheen in 2002. 2011 brought nobody as I traded out of the 1st round and 2012 was the 4 pick fiasco where I drafted DT Philip Hamilton, LB Alvin 18 Wheeler, S Trevor Foster, and the Guard who was forced to leave.

I would venture to say our two biggest later round gems are probably both from Darkiller in LB JR Farmer and CB BJ Carr.
Old 12-01-2000, 12:05 PM   #3
WebEwbank
High School JV

The Guard Who Was Forced to Leave sounds like an awesome move title.

Actually, he was a damn good OT named F. Green. Frank, Fred, Forced To leave...

The web site is fantastic.
WebEwbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2000, 12:25 PM   #4
TheRoyalOne

Guard, Tackle, Whatever...they're all big nasty bruts that don't need names
Old 12-01-2000, 12:29 PM   #5
Subby
lolzcat

Im glad you guys like it

Actually - I had planned on doing a couple more things but needed some help - here is the list:

1) Compile a draft history page showing player, position taken (at least) and position played + additional pertinent draft day info (skills, college, etc). We can add commentary later...

2) Page for each of our greats (anyone inducted into our team or league HOF or who was named a keeper). Showing year by year stats, awards, vitals, etc..

What else? At the very least this site can be a nice archive of the challenge...

If someone wanted to put year-by-year stats for our top plyers into a spreadsheet, I could start on the player pages...

Also - I have all of the game write-ups except for the first four years - Darkiller says he has the first two years, so if Royal has the next two we will be ALL set...
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2000, 01:56 PM   #6
WebEwbank
High School JV

Did not mean to be pedantic about the OL we lost.

I was somewhat bummed at the time because I played one year with him, and added another so we had three (3) good OTs; plus I didn't want to let him go, but went with the majority.

When you get the file, see if he's still around...I bet he is.

Yeah, they don't need names, just teach them the snap-count and the way back to their rubber-lined rooms after the game.
WebEwbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2000, 02:32 PM   #7
TheRoyalOne

Web, I didn't want to lose him either, he has a tremendous rookie year, I believe like 35% blocking and around 30 KRB and that was only at about half potential. I drafted him to help make up for the fact I forgot to franchise anyone in the year of expansion and lost Willie Guy who had so good potential.

As for my first two years as far as writeups go, I'm not sure because I used scratch paper for everything but I think I have a copy of the zip I sent Web for that year and should be able to piecemeal something.
Old 12-01-2000, 04:29 PM   #8
Subby
lolzcat

I'll reiterate this - if anyone has old Universe Zips - send them to me at [email protected]. Please.

Hey Royal - at bare minimum I need to know your record from those years, draft picks, and playoff performance. If possible.

Thanks
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2000, 05:04 AM   #9
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

Blackadar emailed me yesterday and said he would put a link to the VCII site in the "links" section of FOFCentral.com

FOF Legend: Hall of Fame QB Brock Sheriff #5, one of the most popular player in Front Office Football history.
Old 12-02-2000, 05:05 AM   #10
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

Blackadar emailed me yesterday and said he would put a link to the VCII site in the "links" section of FOFCentral.com