Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-09-2003, 07:04 PM   #1
Sidhe
H.S. Freshman Team

Missing draft?

In my 1965 league, I've finally gotten to 2004.. but the draft is completely empty. I tried going back to the save at the beginning of the season but it's still empty.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there anything I can do? I'm unfortunately past the "load draft" stage.. I saved right after I landed that awesome OC with the Excellent ratings across the board..

Sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 07:21 PM   #2
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

I remember someone else posting about this...it scared me off running a historical career. Any definitive word about whether historic careers will be able to continue past 2004?
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 08:31 PM   #3
Sidhe
H.S. Freshman Team

bump

EDIT -- it turns out I did save before the "load draft" button was gone, so I just downloaded and installed the real 2004 draft file. I hope this fixes my problem for next year.

Last edited by Sidhe : 12-09-2003 at 09:04 PM.
Old 12-09-2003, 09:33 PM   #4
Sidhe
H.S. Freshman Team

DOLA -- I simmed forward and found that the 2005 draft is back as usual. But the 2004 draft is rather skewed, having way too much talent, which causes a rash of retirements the next year. It's going to cause a burp in my stats!

Last edited by Sidhe : 12-09-2003 at 09:33 PM.
Old 12-09-2003, 09:35 PM   #5
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

The imported draft function should get you around this. I think I see a hole somewhere in the code. Believe it or not, another workaround would be to change a team's nickname before saving the career for the first time (you could also begin a new 1965 career, then change a nickname, then exit that new career without saving). This is going to be a difficult fix, but I'll do it when I get to the html update next month.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 09:39 PM   #6
Sidhe
H.S. Freshman Team

It's no prob Jim, I'm just whining. I already loaded the "real 2004 draft" linked in the sticky, which fixed my problem.. only I didn't save *before* I did it so now I'm stuck with it. I was relieved to see that 2005 is there.

How strange to have one class of "real" players, and supermen too. There will be a lot of talk around the watercooler about the class of '04..