Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-30-2003, 10:32 PM   #1
SackAttack
Head Coach

FOF 2004: Veteran starters and green bars

Something I noticed as I enter 2015 is that several veteran players, mostly guys who have been on my team since the inception of this career, are going from having been completely red bars to seeing trickles of green start to creep back into their ratings. I've had the same scout for a number of years now, and he's in his early 60s, but still rated VG/Excellent/Excellent at the positions in question.

Now, 13 year vets, I don't think it's a matter of them finding a little more in the tank, suddenly, especially since the fullback has been in a slow state of decline for 2 or 3 seasons now. What I'm wondering if maybe at that stage, the green bar represents what his optimal capabilities might be, where the red bar shows what he's actually able to coax out of his creaky old self.

In other words, the mind is willing, but the body isn't able.

Has anybody else seen this happen, and can somebody perhaps contribute another explanation, or at least some speculation?

SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 05:17 AM   #2
azjoe_02
High School JV

I have also seen this happen and have wondered why.

Have you changed coaches/coordinators? Maybe it is that with a new coach, your scout sees the new coach/coordinator being able to get a little bit more out of that old vet?
azjoe_02 is offline   Reply With Quote