Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-11-2000, 07:41 AM   #1
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Post Couple of Issues I've Found

I did read Jim's bug post a couple weeks ago and don't remember if any of these were addressed, so here goes:

1. I know the "player contentment" issue has been brought up, however, I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned that when you draft players in an expansion draft, the player's (un)willingness to sign with his old team carries on to the expansion. This, of course, should not be.

As far as the general problem, I've seen a player get unhappy and then content, and I've seen him get unhappy forever. I'm not sure if there is a "point of no return" factor which makes someone want to leave your team after an extended period of time being upset with playing time, no matter what, or if this is a bug. I had a QB who sat for 3 years behind Kurt Warner, eventually demanded a trade, and when Warner retired, he became my starter for 5 years, and every year I had to franschise tag him to keep him in town because he kept demanding a trade and refused to sign. The guy played every down, so I don't think it was an allocation of playing time issue.

2. Although I don't analyze boxscores in depth, I did notice once that the box score showed my team with 5 fumbles, 4 lost in one game, and in the individual stats and team drive chart, I could only track down 3 lost fumbles.

3. Trade AI - I've noticed that it is impossible to trade close draft picks without throwing in the kitchen sink if I want to move up, but the other way around (if I am looking to move down from a higher draft slot), the opposing team refuses to give me so much as an additional draft pick, and usually it's not anywhere near what it should be. For instance, I traded up from 5th overall to 1st overall, and I had to give up 3 1sts and 2 2nds to do it. When I wanted to trade down from 15th overall to 25th, I couldn't get the deal done even when all I asked for in return was a 5th round pick (in addition, of course, to the 1st round pick).
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2000, 09:00 PM   #2
Ctown-Fan
High School Varsity

I had an interresting problem with player contentment as well. Darren Chiavarini was my third reciever for the Browns at the start of the season. I simed until the playoffs and when I checked my roster I saw that he was demanding a trade. I checked his stats and while he only started 2 games, he had 72 catches for 1130 yards. It would seem to me that any player who got over seventy touches during a season would certainly not be disgrunted, even if they weren't used in the opening drive. The Browns went 9-7 that season so it wasn't like he was getting a lot of yards in garbage time either. He actually lead the team catches and yards.

So I guess I would have to wonder the same thing .. .how is the "point of no return" handled? In other words, had I worked through the depth chart during the season and started him early, would that have changed--he did after all have great stats.

I second issue is that I have 2 box scores for the 2006 superbowl. I lost the SP to green bay and then the game crashed. When I reloaded, I had to play the SB again, this time I won . . . but in the box score list, I could access both SBs. I know that isn't really a problem, but I thought that I'd make it known

[This message has been edited by Ctown-Fan (edited 12-11-2000).]
Old 01-04-2001, 12:51 AM   #3
mbsmith
n00b

The trade situation you brought up has annoyed me to no end. I haven't gone to the lengths you have to make the deal to trade up and if that's what it took I sure know why. Like you say trading down is basically a waste of time also unless you just have to lower your cap number and are willing to get nothing for your higher pick. In FOF2 if the cap effect was even or slightly to the AI's advantage you could make the deal. This is probably the only change I've noticed that I really did not like.
mbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 11:51 AM   #4
Neil
n00b

I've noticed on the trading down issue that it depends heavily on what team you trade with.

I've gotten totally rebuffed by a team sitting at 1(15) when I tried to trade down from 1(1). But I managed to get a reasonable deal from the team sitting at 1(14). Apparently not all teams will value all draft picks equally.
-Neil
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote