Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-12-2001, 02:03 AM   #1
tomr
n00b

Thumbs down Sierra killed FPS, EASports trying the same?

Is this game following the way of FPS? No patches , no support. Is EA just trying to kill the series to crush competion. This game is about a revision or two from being great! But it don't look like that will happen. A little dress up for in the game coaching and better looking pages and this thing soars!!! But once again us true fans will be sacrificed to the wolves. Sierra killed Dynamix and EA Sports will kill this game.

tomr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 02:26 AM   #2
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I have to say, my opinion of EA gets lower and lower every year. I finally and reluctanctly quit buying the NHL series, as EA STILL cannot release a version that doesn't crash using various video cards - a problem that goes back several years in that series.

Curious that NHL would only really run properly on a 3dfx card, yet that seems to be death for FOF...
Old 01-12-2001, 06:36 AM   #3
Kevin
High School JV

EA = Gravy Sucking Pigs
Old 01-13-2001, 12:07 AM   #4
Axxon
Pro Starter

Cool

Why would EASports be trying to kill FPS?? Isn't it already dead???

Ok, I'm kidding Just kidding
Old 01-24-2001, 06:12 PM   #5
PapaJohn
n00b

Thumbs down

FPS is the greatest sim of all time and I hate Sierra for dumping that game like Cleveland dawg pound fans hate Art Modell. Sierra shoved their last release out so fast it didnt even work, then they killed it. Why cant there be a programmer out there that can take the GM funtion of FOF, and let the games be simmed out using the FPS game engine, say in coach mode, that would rock!! If I knew code, I would start working on it today. Someone who can work FOF and FPS in the same game, and make it work I would pay $100 for that game and they would be wealthy beyond their dream. There is no football sim out there with any graphic ability worth talking about. I have a dreamcast and play nfl2k1 but its really just eye candy, the GM features on it are a joke. Now THAT would be the ultimate in gaming: a FOF GM model, exporting data into your dreamcast and playing with that kind of graphics. Okay im done ranting, I think my codeine is kicking in now.
PapaJohn is offline   Reply With Quote