Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-21-2001, 10:49 PM   #1
mojoemedium
n00b

Arrow FOF 2001 online???

Due to extreme frustration I will just ask the question.... will FOF 2001 be an online game? Please help me before I have to drop rabid ferrets down the pants of randomly determined EA techs.
-Joe

mojoemedium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 10:59 PM   #2
Ctown-Fan
High School Varsity

As of now, there appears to be no plan for FOF2k1 to be online. Which is sad. Especially since the NFL season will be over next week. So I guess, no there is going to be no FOF2k1 online.

sorry (go sick the ferrets on the people at EA)
Old 01-21-2001, 11:17 PM   #3
mojoemedium
n00b

Arrow

Hmmmmmm...... a most disturbing answer. I love the game and will keep it, but it is not going to fulfill my needs at this point. I realize that this is a FOF board and I might get in trouble for this, but is anyone aware of a similar game that supports online play so I could run a league online?
-Joe
Old 01-22-2001, 10:05 AM   #4
QuikSand
lolzcat

It's something of a vision quest... FOF's stat engine and market environment... open to multiplayer... perhaps with on-screen visualization a la Madden or FPS... ah, Nirvana, at last!

Oh, well.

As far as the quality of game play, nothing seems to even come close to FOF. The lack of online capability is frustrating, but it's the game's very high quality that makes it still such a draw.

If the mere absence of multiplayer is enough to say that the game fails to "meet your needs," then it looks like you'll be missing out on a very good hotseat game.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2001, 07:59 PM   #5
mojoemedium
n00b

Arrow

I think my previous messege may have been misunderstood. I LOVE the game and have been heavily addicted to it. As far as in depth football goes nothing comes close to it. I will never part with it. However I am also interested in having an online football league (or hockey for that matter) and since this is not an option on this game I am regretably forced to look elsewhere.
-Joe
Old 01-22-2001, 11:21 PM   #6
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by QuikSand:
It's something of a vision quest... FOF's stat engine and market environment... open to multiplayer... perhaps with on-screen visualization a la Madden or FPS... ah, Nirvana, at last!

You know, I would play such a game most likely and enjoy it but it wouldn't be nirvana. One of the things I really like about FOF is the speed of the sim and if I had to watch every game it would take far to long for me to contemplate any lengthy careers. So to me it would be a cool novelty and a game I'd have some fun with but for my meat and potato nirvana I'll stick with the format we have now especially once we have TCY and FOF together. Now to me, that's gonna be nirvana!