Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-20-2001, 02:52 AM   #1
voltaris
n00b

Thumbs down Coach won't sign

I had an excellent coach for 4 years and his contract came up during an expansion season. I offered what he wanted but found that an expansion team had 3X my offer. I had just built a new sadium and had lots of cash so I went WAY OVER their bid. When I hit end stage another team had bid on this coach but I was still the high bidder. I could not go to the end stage because I did not have a coach even though I was the high bidder on this coach. I eventually let my scout hire a coach and he hired my coach for the much reduced price that he was asking for; only one year though.

This Coach had only one fair rating and it was kickers, everthing else was good or better; he was also only 40 years old.

I spent a lot of time going between menus trying not to lose this coach, the program would not let me cotinue without having a coach except letting the scout chose one. The scout got a good one but only for one year.

Has this been discussed before,

voltaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2001, 06:57 AM   #2
Vaj
H.S. Freshman Team

Although the program doesn't tell you this, during the final stage of hiring scouts and coaches, you can select your desired candidate, make him an offer, and he'll immediately accept or reject it.

"Christianity's such an odd religion. The whole image is that eternal suffering awaits anyone who questions God's infinite love" -- Bill Hicks
Vaj is offline   Reply With Quote