Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-22-2003, 06:06 AM   #1
Easy Mac

Man, I feel good

I just woke up from sleep 14 consecutive hours... damn, I'm hungry. I haven't had anything to eat since dinner thrusaday except tortilla chips and 2 nestle crunch ice cream bars.

And any advice for me for the following:
My parents and my girlfriends parents are meeting for dinner tonight. Well, technically my dad and stepmom (my mom is gay, and her parentss being strict catholics, were waiting for that). Anything you guys have any advice for? They're strict Bush supporters, my dad's even more anti-bush than me (its true). Obviously poilitcs is off limits, but anything else? (My dad is bald w/ and earing and a goatee... gotta love Lutheran ministers).

Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 06:49 AM   #2
MrBug708
Head Coach

Your dad is John Galt?

Just talk about whatever comes up but have your gf talk to her parents beforehand on what not to talk about and vice versa for yourself
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 06:58 AM   #3
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Perhaps you could talk about the weather. You could bring your diet into the conversation. Maybe you should talk about FOF2004. Tell them about all the new features, perhaps discuss your recent dynasty. That will go over well.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 07:31 AM   #4
oykib
College Starter

I've found that parents usually enjoy hearing about the antics that you've got up to with their daughters. That's especially true if the tales involve doing lewd things in public.

I'd imagine that her folks being staunch Bushies'd really make them go for it. Tell us how it turns out.
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 07:41 AM   #5
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Talk about Michael Jackson. Everybody seems to agree he is fucked up.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 08:16 AM   #6
WussGawd
College Benchwarmer

Look for topics that are common ground. Sports may be a good place to start with the males (maybe).

Are you eating out? Food is a topic on which a lot of people can find common ground.

Most of all, be true to yourself. I know I didn't thrill Mrs. Gawd's parents all that much on first impressions (or second ones for that matter), but they could also see how much I meant to their daughter, and how well I treated her. Eventually, they warmed up to me.

As for topics to avoid, I think I'd avoid that wild Saturday night orgy in which your gf took on 6 guys at once, or her predilection towards bondage and discipline.

Seriously, be true to yourself. If the relationship is meant to happen, meeting the parents won't derail it.

Last edited by WussGawd : 11-22-2003 at 08:17 AM.
WussGawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 08:22 AM   #7
WussGawd
College Benchwarmer

dola. 700 POSTS!!!! Hoody-Hoo.
WussGawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 08:31 AM   #8
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Well, if her dad is like any good man, the fact your Mom is a lesbian couldn't hurt. My friends love my gay aunt.