Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-20-2003, 05:02 PM   #1
Erithtotl
n00b

a couple little gameplan options would be nice

Under the miscellaneous gameplan settings, I'd like a few little boxes to give us some options to advise the AI.

1st, I'd like one that would be % likelyhood to pull starters in a blowout. I have a veteran QB on my team and he keeps getting hurt in the closing plays of 25 point blowouts. I don't want him in there with 5 minutes to go a 30 point lead! Very rarely the AI will take him out, but all too often not, even if I set the playting time setting to 1.

2nd, How about the ability to set the AI to pull any player whose injury status falls below a certain threshold? Like, pull anyone questionable or below, and do not play them unless you have no choice.

3rd, how come there's no fieldgoal distance suggestion? I remember the old Front Page Sports had this. What if I want to set my team so it won't attempt fieldgoals greater than 50 yards? Or how about only greater than 50 yards with the wind?

Little things like that wouldn't be very involved from a programming standpoint but I think would add a lot to the ability to setup gameplans.

Last edited by Erithtotl : 11-20-2003 at 05:03 PM.
Erithtotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 05:10 PM   #2
Rhone Ranger
n00b

Re: a couple little gameplan options would be nice

Quote:
Originally posted by Erithtotl
Under the miscellaneous gameplan settings, I'd like a few little 3rd, how come there's no fieldgoal distance suggestion? I remember the old Front Page Sports had this. What if I want to set my team so it won't attempt fieldgoals greater than 50 yards? Or how about only greater than 50 yards with the wind?

I'd really like to see this too. Even just a sliding scale ranging between "conservative" and "we'll kick at any range, any time". I find my team frequently attempting FGs at extremely long distances, missing, and then giving the opponent excellent field position.
Rhone Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote