Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-05-2000, 11:13 AM   #1
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Post Draft trades and Game plan problems

I think I saw the draft trade problem pointed out earlier -- I can not make a draft day trade. It tells me that I need to make room for my draft picks, even though I had more than enough room for the expected cost of the draft picks. In one example, I had the last pick of the first round and wanted to trade down into the second round because I didn't want to pay first-round money for the players who were available. I tried a straight up trade -- first round for second round pick -- to no avail.

The other annoying problem that I have had is that all of my offensive game plan information is reset to default at the beginning of every exhibition season. This is very annoying.

I think the game is absolutely fabulous, but these are two significant issues that need to be addressed if there is a patch.

kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2000, 04:10 PM   #2
PineTar
High School JV

Saving game plans under a specific file name, with the ability to re-load them later, would save a lot of time conducting game-to-game 'tweaking' of game plans to account for injuries and opposing team's strengths/weaknesses.

If this isn't something that can be built into a patch for this game, it is an ABSOLUTE MUST for TCY, considering the multitude of offensive/defensive sets different schools employ.

------------------
Formerly known as Pinetar / PT

[This message has been edited by PineTar (edited 11-06-2000).]
PineTar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2000, 09:50 PM   #3
OldSchool
High School Varsity

I agree. I hate when I scheme for a particular opponent and forget to switch my settings back after the game. (or worse, can't remember my original settings )
OldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2000, 11:14 AM   #4
PineTar
High School JV

I have a prolific number of screen captures of my various gameplans hogging up my system. Just trying to keep them librbraried is a task unto itself. Needless and cumbersome IMHO.

------------------
Formerly known as Pinetar / PT
PineTar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2000, 02:47 PM   #5
ICE55
n00b

One feature that I saw in an early Sony NFL game was the ability to hire Offensive and Defensive Co-ordinators with their own preferences such as the West Coast Offense or the 3-4 Pressure defence. It would be cool to be able to hire them and with them would come a pre-established profile (that could be edited of course).

------------------
ICE55
Old 11-27-2000, 06:00 PM   #6
moore4807
n00b

I think ICE55 has the answer!
That would be the ideal answer when going thru the seasons, since you know what your gonna get and especially for TCY it would help when looking at replacement Coaches and Coordinators ( this would make sorting them real easy)
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote