Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-18-2003, 04:14 PM   #1
korme
Go Reds

Mentor Questions

Do mentors have any type of effect when on the inactive roster? Half of the mentors are so bad that I resign them to the league mnimum and inactivate them for the year.

Also, do mentors have any effect on players who are inactive themselves?

I have yet to take any research into this subject.

korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 04:25 PM   #2
azjoe_02
High School JV

Good question. Initially I would think that it would not matter, but can't say for sure. But I am running into the same problem, with the exception of a few, who can contribute.
azjoe_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 05:22 PM   #3
JeeberD
General Manager

I signed Todd Collins to mentor my rookie QB. Collins was so terrible that I certainly couldn't keep him on my active roster, but by the end of the season my rookie's ratings were much higher than at the beginning of the season.

So I would say that it seems they have some effect even if they're inactive...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 10:30 PM   #4
korme
Go Reds

Well, I looked at 3 young wide receivers and 2 qbs. One WR started, one was a backup, one was inactive. One QB was the 3rd string for four games, and the other was inactive. The QBs had an active mentor, WR inactive mentor.

Code:
First Week - Quarterbacks - Active Mentor Winters, Robert 4/38 (Inactive Rookie) Koester, Bryan 7/39 (Inactive Rookie) End of Season - Quarterbacks - Active Mentor Winters, Robert 4/38 (0 Games Active All Season) Koester, Bryan 8/39 (4 Games Active All Season) +1 Current --- First Week - Wideouts - Inactive Mentor Seico, Benji 59/70 (Starting SE 3 year pro) Moss, Leon 23/34 (Inactive Rookie) Allen, Mack 29/42 (Backup SE Rookie) First Week - Wideouts - Inactive Mentor Seico, Benji 66/70 (13 Games Active All Season- 13 starts) +7 Current Moss, Leon 23/34 (3 Games Active All Season - 1 start) Allen, Mack 32/42 (15 Games Active All Season - 4 starts) +3 Current

It does not appear having the mentor inactive or active makes a difference, but player development is hinged if the player is inactive. I should have tried an active mentor for receievers, as maybe their progression (or lack thereof) was just natural as the mentor was inactive.

Last edited by korme : 11-18-2003 at 10:31 PM.
Old 11-19-2003, 02:34 PM   #5
korme
Go Reds

Thoughts?
Old 11-19-2003, 02:52 PM   #6
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Shorty3281
Thoughts?

fucking elitists
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 01:17 PM   #7
Rhone Ranger
n00b

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I can't find "mentors" in FOF2004 at all, not in the game or in the help file.

Can anyone point me to where this feature is explained?

Thanks!
Rhone Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 01:23 PM   #8
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhone Ranger
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I can't find "mentors" in FOF2004 at all, not in the game or in the help file.

Can anyone point me to where this feature is explained?

Thanks!

There's a link to a discussion about it in the ALL-INCLUSIVE thread at the top of the board.

In the player view window, it's located on the left side amongst the info like loyalty, intelligence, etc.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote