Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-17-2003, 10:11 AM   #1
bhlloy
Coordinator

Licensing

Hi guys,

Just a quick question, I'm sure it's been answered before but I couldn't find it using the search and I'd like to get a comprehensive answer before I buy.

If I don't have internet access on my computer at home, but I do have it at uni and have access to a cd burner, what are my options for purchasing the game and licensing it on my computer at home? I've heard a lot about an offline licensing option for this version but haven't seen anyone confirm whether this is actually possible.

Cheers in advance,
Ben Lloyd

bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 10:21 AM   #2
corbes
College Benchwarmer

I had questions too until I did it myself. I can confirm that off-line licensing is, indeed, currently available and functional.

My advice (or, How I did it the long way):

1. Purchase the game, then download it online and burn it to CD.
2. Install it on the computer you wish to use. After installation, you'll choose "License", and then choose the option for offline licensing.
3. You'll be presented with a long text file of gibberish code. You can "save" this file to a floppy disk.
4. Take the floppy disk back to the internet, at www.license.net. You'll copy and paste the contents of that text file, and click submit.
5. License.net will generate a new text file, which you'll save back onto the floppy disk and take back to your gaming computer.
6. Then you'll copy and paste that new text file into the dialog box in FOF, click launch, and off you go!

Theoretical advice (a shorter way)

I suppose, after downloading, you could go ahead and install the game on the internet computer, then go through the offline license procedure, eventually saving the returned text file to a floppy disk, or burn it onto the CD when you burn the game file. That would save you a trip back to the internet if its not convenient. **Note** Don't actually complete the licensing on the internet computer. And **note**, as an IT employee, don't do it if installing violates your acceptable use policy.

Hope that helps.
corbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 10:25 AM   #3
bhlloy
Coordinator

Thanks buddy, now that is the definition of a quick reply...
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote