Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-02-2000, 05:28 PM   #1
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Post UI Feedback

A quick general comment: what I've seen of the engine changes are great. I like the new gameplan options.

On to the UI: why was the decision made to break all the standard Windows UI conventions? Learning how to navigate this new interface was an unwelcome task. For specifics:

1) Why put menu options at the bottom of the screen in a tabbed format? This is an unintuitive place to put them. I think I'll get used to it but it was a surprise.

2) Why make buttons look like checkboxes? It took me a minute to realize what I had to press to select something. They still confuse me into thinking something is selected / unselected rather than selectable / unselectable.

3) Why the narrow scroll thumbs? How about something I can actually grab onto and move without having to be so precise.

This UI seems like a real step backward. It looks like an artist designed it to look good rather than for usability.

gstelmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2000, 07:22 PM   #2
SackAttack
Head Coach

One of the few gripes I have with the UI is, when you're doing a search for free agents/current team, the black/white combo makes it difficult to figure out which one you have selected. Black and blue would probably be better, if that's an option.

Josh
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2000, 07:15 AM   #3
OceanMachine
Mascot

I think there are a lot of color scheme problems. As the Packers I have a hard time seeing the potential bars for player abilities, as they are very close to the color of the background. It's extrememly irritating always having to squint at the screen.
OceanMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2000, 10:23 PM   #4
OldSchool
High School Varsity

The buttons show up kind with too much contrast between the two colors each button has, it starts hurting my eyes, but it may be something I can fix (although I've about run out of monitor settings to play with )
OldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2000, 10:16 AM   #5
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Naahhh....I think Jim should add a regular windows scrollbar (or at least one you can see) and bring back the color change options. 2 cents!

------------------
Go Cowboys...errr, Jets! Yeah, Jets!
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote