Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-09-2003, 04:22 PM   #1
akw4572
n00b

some newbie questions

I'm new to FOF and am contemplating purchasing FOF 2004 when it comes out. Are their facepacks and the likes for the game that third parties will make once the game comes out?

akw4572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 04:30 PM   #2
Sloan
High School JV

There will some small (very small) helmet logos to import into the game, but no facepacks or anything llike that. The FOF series just doesn't have a lot a graphical flair to it. You can be sure there will be 3rd party rosters released though.

EDIT: I wouldn't let this discourage you from purchasing the game however. FOF is first and foremost a great pro football simulation.

Last edited by Sloan : 11-09-2003 at 04:31 PM.
Sloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 04:43 PM   #3
akw4572
n00b

So people do do roster sets for current NFL teams, and past teams? Is their a downloadable set like the lahman DB for OOTP baseball that has all past players in it or anything like that? Are their third party websites I can look at to see any mods?? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-09-2003, 04:48 PM   #4
Sloan
High School JV

Past roster sets were done by some members of this board, and they can be loacted here: http://www.cflfb.com/FOF/fof.htm

Those rosters are for previous versions of FOF though. I'm sure they will be updated when the new game is out.
Sloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 04:49 PM   #5
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Rosters and the occasional third party program that does something nice but minor.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 05:05 PM   #6
WheelsVT
High School JV

I suppose I'd classify myself as a newbie still. I really enjoyed the management aspects being brought into the console football games (Madden/NCAA), and found this site one day while searching the net for deeper play possibilities.

The game:
I bought FOF 2001 shortly after it was released as I couldn't resist how "deep" the simulation was. If I remember correctly I managed to get the Bengals to the bowl a few times (easy street level), loved the possibility of draft busts, but then tired of the tedious contract negotiations before I really got into the game (much to my dismay).
A good friend of mine recently pointed out that if it was easy I might as well be playing a Madden w/o the graphics. This is simulation not arcade.
I'm anxiously waiting the new release, setting up a dynasty webpage, and bringing in a few friends to play with me. Having others involved will keep me playing longer. Isn't that why Madden 2003 was such a hit? I hope I can get into this game as much as the many vets in this forum.

This forum:
What can I say... You guys are the reason I keep coming back here. You won't find a better, more active group anywhere.

So welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy the game, and the great camaraderie found here.

Shout out to Swift if your watching.

-Wheels
(perpetrator of the infamous #1 pick of LT over Bo in the Tecmo league)
WheelsVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 05:07 PM   #7
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by WheelsVT

-Wheels
(perpetrator of the infamous #1 pick of LT over Bo in the Tecmo league)

And that must have been the reason the whole thing collapsed... what were you thinking?
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 05:15 PM   #8
WheelsVT
High School JV

I guess since I always played the Giants (each of my brothers had a team that we each claimed) it was a natural pick for me. Who knows why we fell apart.

I just hope I can stir up some interest with a few friends for this new FOF version so that I can stay interested in my dynasty. Either that, or I'll try to get really into creating a dynasty thread (as long as I know someone is reading it).

How do you all stay interested in your dynasties year-after-year? Or am I too missing the point, and still failing to look at the small details.

-Wheels
WheelsVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 06:06 PM   #9
akw4572
n00b

any other mod sites out there? Or are roster packs, logo packs, etc. just not as popular for FOF as they are for ootp?
Old 11-09-2003, 06:59 PM   #10
FBPro
College Starter

FOF just doesn't have or allow for the customization of a game like OOTP. It is a very good game however.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 10:49 PM   #11
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by FBPro
FOF just doesn't have or allow for the customization of a game like OOTP. It is a very good game however.

Ahhhh.... but we are getting there. V E R Y S L O W L Y.

Todd
MizzouRah is online now   Reply With Quote