Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-08-2003, 06:18 AM   #1
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Is it Morning Already?

It's Thursday night, and I'm sitting at the computer working my ass off to get a project done and at the same time study for a test in my Psych 280 class. Finally I wrap everything up around 4:30am and get to sleep, only to wake up at 9am to head to class.

I get home around 4 in the afternoon, and have tickets to Friday night's Bulls-Sixers game and so at about 5pm I head off to the United Center. The Bulls get their asses handed to them and so I leave with a few minutes left in the 4th quarter.

For reasons unknown to anybody, my boss at work has scheduled a 6:30am meeting for the entire staff in order to discuss "holiday customer service" and so I know I have to wake up early in the morning. Then it comes to my realization that I have my bi-weekly Bio class at 9:30am and have yet to finish all that is due. So I go to work on my labs. I'm not as efficient as I was the night before however. After getting 1 of 3 labs finished, I play a quick game of FBCB - - which turns into a quick 3 hour game. I look at the clock and it's 4am. My mind is in no shape to do any biology labs and so I grab a book hoping it'll let me sleep. So I grab the good ol' Bill James New Baseball Abstract off the shelf figuring all these numbers will make me get some rest before the next morning.

Fuck Bill James and his humoristic, and simplistic writing style. Turns out I read all about what baseball has been like for the first half of the 1900s and by the time I look at the clock again it's 6am.

So not only did I not get my mandatory 7 hour sleep two nights ago, add to the fact that I have not slept a wink this past night. And now I'm headed to work for some boring 2 hour meeting at work, and then have a 7 hour class immediately afterwards.

Here's hoping I survive the day without crashing into somebody on the road.

Neuqua
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?

Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 06:19 AM   #2
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

dola... I do not even know if my previous post made sense. My brain is already starting to go mushy on me and I haven't even left for the meeting yet.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 09:51 AM   #3
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Try to be careful out there. Drink lots of coffee or some other similar fluid.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-08-2003 at 09:51 AM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 09:58 AM   #4
Subby
lolzcat

When I was your age I would just freebase crushed-up NoDoz and then shotgun a Jolt Cola. That gave me all the energy I needed to build a house but I used my powers for evil instead.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 04:27 PM   #5
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Hey this reminds me of my existence! I woke up about an hour ago (yes, at 3:30pm) after going to sleep at about 10:30am this morning after programming most of the night, after falling asleep for a "nap" at 2 yesterday and waking up at 8:30 because I only had 2 hours of sleep the night before... isn't college grand?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 06:40 PM   #6
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by sterlingice
Hey this reminds me of my existence! I woke up about an hour ago (yes, at 3:30pm) after going to sleep at about 10:30am this morning after programming most of the night, after falling asleep for a "nap" at 2 yesterday and waking up at 8:30 because I only had 2 hours of sleep the night before... isn't college grand?

SI

Yah, and you will miss it like crazy once you leave, at least for a while.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 04:57 PM   #7
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

No.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote