Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-27-2003, 08:56 AM   #1
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Game site subscriptions Part 2

I know this was brought up before, but things in this area change so quickly it is worth another shout-out.

I signed up for FilePlanet a year ago (gamespy.com affiliate) and it runs out the end of this month. I canceled, because, as of my sign up the subscription cost only covered FilePlanet and not the rest of the gamespy network. I always received decent download speeds (i have DSL) and they have now thrown in extra goodies for subscribers, but, there are many out there and don't want to sign on for a year when there may be better fish to fry.

If you subscribe to any, please post whatever you can. I am most interested in Exclusive content (yeah/nay - good/bad), download speeds, wait for downloads?, number of downloads (always have new stuff and yet maintains a lot of archives), site structure (good/bad navigation), exclusive downloads for game betas... blah blah.

thanks

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 09:11 AM   #2
FloridaFringe
H.S. Freshman Team

I found that FilePlanet just didn't do it for me. You can still download from them but you have to be willing to wait. I would rather plan my downloads for when I am about to stop using the computer for the night than have to pay for them.

The only one that I have been tempted by recently is www.ign.com since you are more or less subscribing to a magazine. I am interested in hearing what others have to say about this issue though.
FloridaFringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 10:53 AM   #3
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I am a subscriber to IGN, they are OK.

They appear to no nothing about sports games and there are some weeks that they only update the site once or twice. They are OK. I don't know if I will renew.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 04:04 PM   #4
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

bump... want to keep this active.

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote