Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-24-2003, 02:28 PM   #1
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Ping: Help!!!

Alright as some of you may know I was suppose go to South Bend for the Florida State and Notre Dame. Well guess what Miami plays Virgina Tech the same day. My question is can we fly from South Bend after the FSU & ND game and make VT & Mia? I'm trying to convince my dad to spend the money cause its worth it but my mom hates planes she only want to take one flight. If push comes to shove I'll go to the Virgina Tech and Miami but I really want to go to Florida State and Norte Dame. Damn couldn't they have played another week...

noop

Last edited by Noop : 10-24-2003 at 02:47 PM.
Noop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 02:35 PM   #2
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

No advice?????

noop
Old 10-24-2003, 03:08 PM   #3
sooner333
College Starter

I don't think that would be possible, considering that the Notre Dame game probably starts at 1:30 central, ending at maybe 4:30 at the earliest...then you'd have to get to the airport (i'm not sure the nearest airport, but it may be Chicago) and make a game that starts two hours later. It's not going to work. Sorry dude, it would have been so awesome if it did work.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 03:11 PM   #4
scooper
College Benchwarmer

Can I have your tickets?

Actually, that would be a tough one. NBC really drags games out with commercials. And traffic afterwards is pretty slow. And while there is an airport in South Bend, I'm not familiar with it and I'm not where you can fly to out of it.
scooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 03:15 PM   #5
Celeval
Pro Starter

You can fly most places out of South Bend, but the flight itself will take 90 minutes - 2 hours. No chance.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 03:23 PM   #6
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

I figured that much... man that blows hard ***k I really wanted to go to South Bend to watch the Seminoles play. Damn NBC couldnt they start at 12 noon or something. Oh well guess I'll be in boring old blacksburg watching Virgina Tech get southsided stomped by the Canes

noop
Old 10-24-2003, 03:24 PM   #7
scooper
College Benchwarmer

That's a shame. I was hoping you could go and I was looking forward to your impressions of the place. As a college football fan, I hope you still make it up there sometime, FSU or not. I think you'd enjoy it.
Old 10-24-2003, 03:31 PM   #8
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally posted by Noop
I'll be in boring old blacksburg watching Virgina Tech get southsided stomped by the Canes
Blacksburg can be boring, but on a game night it's one of the wildest places I've ever been. Especially when the crowd gets to watch the team bitch slap Miami. I'll be there...come and look for biggest tailgate in the parking lot next to the stadium...maybe we'll get you on TV (the ESPN crew usually comes over to the tailgate a few hours before the game)
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 03:34 PM   #9
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by VPI97
Blacksburg can be boring, but on a game night it's one of the wildest places I've ever been. Especially when the crowd gets to watch the team bitch slap Miami. I'll be there...come and look for biggest tailgate in the parking lot next to the stadium...maybe we'll get you on TV (the ESPN crew usually comes over to the tailgate a few hours before the game)

Hahaha explain West Virgina to me... I think you guys might upset Miami but you're going to need overtime and a ref to do it.

noop
Old 10-24-2003, 03:37 PM   #10
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Hahaha explain West Virgina to me...

noop

Inbreeding. Hills.
Old 10-24-2003, 03:38 PM   #11
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

The fact that WVU put the beat down on Miami (only to let it slip away) + a traditional rivalry + played in Morgantown + VT leaving the Big East = I wasn't the least bit surprised that we lost. I thought we would win, but I wasn't shocked that we didn't.

Meanwhile, Miami is facing the same odds as we did going to Morgantown. It's going to be a cold night game (I hope it snows), VT has nothing to lose, and the Hokies have beaten Miami 3 of the last 4 times they've come to Virginia. I think VT is going to win, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a 3 touchdown margin.
Old 10-24-2003, 03:38 PM   #12
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Afoci
Inbreeding. Hills.

I see you live in Fargo... poor you

noop
Old 10-24-2003, 03:42 PM   #13
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
The fact that WVU put the beat down on Miami (only to let it slip away) + a traditional rivalry + played in Morgantown + VT leaving the Big East = I wasn't the least bit surprised that we lost. I thought we would win, but I wasn't shocked that we didn't.

Meanwhile, Miami is facing the same odds as we did going to Morgantown. It's going to be a cold night game (I hope it snows), VT has nothing to lose, and the Hokies have beaten Miami 3 of the last 4 times they've come to Virginia. I think VT is going to win, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a 3 touchdown margin.

Want to know the difference between Miami and Virgina Tech? Simple V Tech has playmakers( K. Jones, Vick, Randall, etc.) Miami has gamebreakers ( Winslow, Wilfork, Taylor, Rolle, etc.) that's why yall lost and Miami didn't. But like I said i wouldnt be surprised if you guys won.

noop
Old 10-24-2003, 03:45 PM   #14
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
V Tech has playmakers (K. Jones, Vick, Randall, Wilford, Hall, Colas, Adibi, etc) Miami has a gamebreaker (Winslow) and a bunch of over-hyped players (Wilfork, Taylor, Rolle, etc.)
Fixed.

Old 10-24-2003, 03:48 PM   #15
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Fixed.

So your telling me one player beat and entire team of 85+ players? Pretty impressive....

noop
Old 10-24-2003, 04:22 PM   #16
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I see you live in Fargo... poor you

noop

Actually Fargo is a gold mine of Norwegian Blonde Girls. They don't get much dumber or easier.
Old 10-24-2003, 04:23 PM   #17
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Dola, plus the aren't all old.
Old 10-24-2003, 04:48 PM   #18
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
So your telling me one player beat and entire team of 85+ players? Pretty impressive....

noop

Well, if we are talking about last years game of VaTech/Miami, there were a ton of reasons Miami won the football game. Many of those reasons have changed this year.

First off, McGahee rushed for 200 in the game last year. Miami doesn't have anything close to resembling that type of rushing attack this year.

Second, Jones and Suggs were both banged up for Va. Tech. Jones only carried the ball 4 times. Suggs carried it 15 for 55. Some of that was the great Miami defense, some of it was the Suggs being beat up coming into the game.

Third, Miami had a much better downfield passing attack. Much of it was a result of teams coming up to attack McGahee, but the why is irrelevant in this case. They threw the ball down the field with great success. Andre Johnson caught 57 balls at 21 yards a pop. They had 7 guys catch 40+ yard TD passes last year. This year they have 3. They averaged 15.3 yards per completion last year. This year that mark is 11.5

You say they have gamebreakers, but they aren't really breaking many games open. I have a hunch Va. Tech will win the game this year. I think they'll force Miami into a one dimensional game and grab a win. I wouldn't be shocked if it went the other way. Either way, this Miami team is vastly different than last years version.

TroyF
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 05:20 PM   #19
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by TroyF
Well, if we are talking about last years game of VaTech/Miami, there were a ton of reasons Miami won the football game. Many of those reasons have changed this year.

First off, McGahee rushed for 200 in the game last year. Miami doesn't have anything close to resembling that type of rushing attack this year.

Second, Jones and Suggs were both banged up for Va. Tech. Jones only carried the ball 4 times. Suggs carried it 15 for 55. Some of that was the great Miami defense, some of it was the Suggs being beat up coming into the game.

Third, Miami had a much better downfield passing attack. Much of it was a result of teams coming up to attack McGahee, but the why is irrelevant in this case. They threw the ball down the field with great success. Andre Johnson caught 57 balls at 21 yards a pop. They had 7 guys catch 40+ yard TD passes last year. This year they have 3. They averaged 15.3 yards per completion last year. This year that mark is 11.5

You say they have gamebreakers, but they aren't really breaking many games open. I have a hunch Va. Tech will win the game this year. I think they'll force Miami into a one dimensional game and grab a win. I wouldn't be shocked if it went the other way. Either way, this Miami team is vastly different than last years version.

TroyF

Doesn't that sound like your making excuses for them. But I was talking about this year versus West Virgina. Was that the same hunch you had when Virgina Tech played West Virgina? Like I said before you need overtime and a ref to beat Miami cause thats the only thing that has beaten them in 3 three years.

noop
Old 10-24-2003, 05:25 PM   #20
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Doesn't that sound like your making excuses for them. But I was talking about this year versus West Virgina. Was that the same hunch you had when Virgina Tech played West Virgina? Like I said before you need overtime and a ref to beat Miami cause thats the only thing that has beaten them in 3 three years.

noop

Only in Miami fans eyes. That same ref missed the defensive holding/pass interference call in regulation but that allowed the game to even go into OT. We've been through this before and it's a bunch of BS.

As for the WV game this year? That's a tough team. Your result may have been quite different if the game weren't at The Orange Bowl. It also would have been different had WV not decided to blitz 7 guys and leave Winslow one on one for the big fourth down play.

I don't need to make excuses. I don't especially hate or like either team. (or WV for that matter)

TroyF
Old 10-24-2003, 05:39 PM   #21
The_herd
College Starter

Is Miami as good as they have been the past couple of seasons? No, the talent they've lost has caught up with them a bit and now they are a very young team. But they are a better team than Virginia Tech this season. Virginia Tech was severly outclassed by the 1st decent team they played this season. West Virginia was the better football team and clearly showed that Tech will lose control if you take them out of their game and control the line of scrimage.

Randall still is yet to show that he can be a productive QB against good teams and he will be going up against the best secondary in the county. Jones has been good, but not a difference maker this year. I think Tech has too many questions now going into this game. Beamer clearly stated after the game Wednesday that he will probably go with Vick next time Randall struggles. I feel sorry for Vick if thats that's the case.

One thing you can pretty much count on with Miami is a defensive or special teams touchdown at some point in a game. Miami has an uncanny ability to come up with a big play when they need it, whether it be a timely interception, a big catch from Winslow or a huge return from Hester. I don't think Tech is strong enough offensively to outscore Miami and I don't think they are strong enough defensively to shut down a motivated Miami team.
Old 10-24-2003, 05:51 PM   #22
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by The_herd
I don't think they are strong enough defensively to shut down a motivated Miami team.

Might I add they've only been motivated for one game all year and that was Florida State. And might I add the defense was unimpressive that game. Sean Taylor himself defeated Florida State( with alittle help from J. Bowden and C. Rix ) But the real secret in the success of Miami is the player they recruit. Those kids like Pata, Wilfork, Gore, Bane, ect. all come from some of the worst 'hoods in Miami where its either you slang drugs or play sports. For those who play sports they have to work harder then most to make it out that area. <-- My opinion

noop
Old 10-24-2003, 05:56 PM   #23
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Only in Miami fans eyes. That same ref missed the defensive holding/pass interference call in regulation but that allowed the game to even go into OT. We've been through this before and it's a bunch of BS.
TroyF

Listen you dont let a ref decide a championship game period and they way I see it is the ref told coach Stoops that he'll let the boys play. So stoops tells Glenn get in his grits and man up and sure enough the ref called a P.I. on Glenn... hipocrite ref says one thing and does another. But I refuse to engage in the matter anymore as I see this will just be another pointless debate. Good Day

noop
Old 10-25-2003, 02:31 AM   #24
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Listen you dont let a ref decide a championship game period

I HATE that argument! So, you should be able to mug the reciever and not get pass interference called on you because then the 'ref would decide a championship game'? BULLSHIT! The refs are there to make penalty calls. I don't care when in the game it is, if they see a penalty, call it! Don't put the whistle away in the last 2 minutes, call the penalties as you see them.
Old 10-25-2003, 09:13 AM   #25
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ISiddiqui
I HATE that argument! So, you should be able to mug the reciever and not get pass interference called on you because then the 'ref would decide a championship game'? BULLSHIT! The refs are there to make penalty calls. I don't care when in the game it is, if they see a penalty, call it! Don't put the whistle away in the last 2 minutes, call the penalties as you see them.

Do you want some chesse for that whine?
Old 10-25-2003, 10:32 AM   #26
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:

Ummm. . . actually you are the one who continues to whine about it by bringing it up and making excuses for why Miami got beat all of the time.

TroyF
Old 10-25-2003, 11:21 AM   #27
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Ummm. . . actually you are the one who continues to whine about it by bringing it up and making excuses for why Miami got beat all of the time.

TroyF

No you just feel compelled(sp?) to justify them winning the title. I didnt bring it up all I said was it will take overtime and a ref to beat Miami cause they havent lost a game in like 3 years where they were beaten str8 up.

noop
Old 10-25-2003, 02:08 PM   #28
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Actually, as Troy has stated, YOU are the whiner! Suck it up .
Old 10-25-2003, 02:32 PM   #29
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Actually, as Troy has stated, YOU are the whiner! Suck it up .

Old 11-02-2003, 03:15 AM   #30
TroyF
Coordinator

Well, VaTech didn't need a ref or overtime to spank the Canes.

Some of your gamebreakers did just that. . . break the game open for Virginia Tech.

In all seriousness, this game could have went either way. The turnovers were the real deciding factor. My guess above was that VaTech would turn Miami one dimensional and that Berlin wouldn't be able to beat them. Had either WV or Florida been road games, I think the Canes would have lost those as well.

This Miami team isn't nearly as good as their past teams have been. There may be gamebreakers. . . but they are either hurt (Gore) or rely on a below average QB to get them the football. That isn't to say they aren't one of the top 10 teams in the country, because they are. They have more flaws than previous teams though. The more flaws you have the more likely you'll be beat. It's going to be interesting to see who they match up with in a bowl game. I think Michigan vs. Miami would be a pretty interesting matchup.

TroyF
Old 11-02-2003, 10:32 AM   #31
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I think Michigan vs. Miami would be a pretty interesting matchup.

TroyF

It would be nice, but the only way I can see this happening is if USC wins the PAC-10 and goes to the Sugar Bowl, opening a spot in the Rose for Miami.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 11:48 AM   #32
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by ice4277
It would be nice, but the only way I can see this happening is if USC wins the PAC-10 and goes to the Sugar Bowl, opening a spot in the Rose for Miami.

That's exactly what I'm assuming will happen.

TroyF
Old 11-02-2003, 12:00 PM   #33
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Aren't you glad you didn't go to FSU/ND now?
Old 11-02-2003, 02:42 PM   #34
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Aren't you glad you didn't go to FSU/ND now?

I wish I went atleast I could have enjoyed myself... but the Hokie fans were real nice. Blacksburg is not were I want to live but I wouldn't mind visiting there again. Oh as for my Noles I'm damn proud!!!!

TroyF

Maybe its just me or are you taunting me? If so I could stoop to you level and make fun of you Buffs.

noop
Old 11-02-2003, 04:11 PM   #35
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
TroyF

Maybe its just me or are you taunting me? If so I could stoop to you level and make fun of you Buffs.

noop

Yep, damned right I taunted. Go ahead and make fun of the Buffs. I didn't go on a message board spouting off about how many gamebreakers they have and insulting the competition before I did it.

You talk the talk and you get beat, you deal with the consequences.

TroyF
Old 11-02-2003, 04:54 PM   #36
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Yep, damned right I taunted. Go ahead and make fun of the Buffs. I didn't go on a message board spouting off about how many gamebreakers they have and insulting the competition before I did it.

You talk the talk and you get beat, you deal with the consequences.

TroyF

The fuck? You have a serious problem... I was spouting off or was I stating an opinion? Why should I waste my time talking to you were it seems like you already have formed an opinion of me.
Old 11-02-2003, 06:22 PM   #37
scooper
College Benchwarmer

Notre Dame sucks.
Old 11-02-2003, 09:28 PM   #38
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
... the Hokie fans were real nice. Blacksburg is not were I want to live but I wouldn't mind visiting there again.
Glad we could be accomodating...from my point of view, Saturday was the best football experience I've ever had.

Last edited by VPI97 : 11-02-2003 at 09:29 PM.