Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If FOF2K4 contained the list given by Jim, but was lacking multiplayer would you:
Pass it up and stick with FOFxx because it isn't enough without MP? 5 7.81%
Pass it up and wait for TPF because they do have MP? 9 14.06%
Buy because the features list is enough, but MP would have been great? 20 31.25%
Buy because the features list is enough, and you could care less about MP? 19 29.69%
Pass it up, but my reason isn't listed above: see below? 8 12.50%
Buy it, but my reason isn't listed above: see below? 3 4.69%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2003, 04:56 PM   #1
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

If MP were missing from FOF2K4...

A follow-up to a previous poll, If all the feature for FOF2K4 were in minus Multiplay, would you buy, stick with FOF4, or wait to see how it turns out.

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 05:04 PM   #2
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

dola,

I voted that I would buy, but MP would have been nice. The complete stat tracking is making me drool.

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 05:17 PM   #3
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

I personally don't care about MP, I know plenty of people do but it has never interested me. I like to play on my own time, for as long as I want without anyone holding me up.

I guess because of that I personally didn't get blown away or anything by the new features. Since I didn't purchase FOF4, I still might give it a shot but I might also just hold out for TPF because they seem more ambitious in there direction. It may be too much, and the features might not be implied correctly, but it grabs my attention enough to give it a try.

I didn't buy FOF4 for the same reason. I didn't see the new features as anything that grabbed me, or as something I had to have, and I still was (and still am) content with the version I already owned.

Last edited by Deattribution : 10-18-2003 at 05:18 PM.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 05:30 PM   #4
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Dola

I'm strictly going by what information is out right now, so just my current opinion via the current feature list.

But just wanted to say, that everyone likes to play the game different.

I've always liked the individuality of the game, and If that has or had of been expanded on more, which would benefit MP and SP.. It'd be a certain buy for me because I really like the game mechanics.

Things such as additional player interaction, additional stats for players and the sort would make it more of a buy for me. Holdouts are nice, but just seems like at this rate I'd be better off waiting for fof6 or 7 before it really gets to the level I'd really wanna see.

I've understood that FOF4 had some of this, with the player signs and some other stats but it was never really explained how or if it even affected the game... so it seemed as if a lost cause.

Throw in the huge change once again in the interface, after finally adjusting to Fof2k1 I just didn't want to readjust to a statsheet again just for some unexplained features.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 05:48 PM   #5
condors
College Starter

i would buy it because jim made it until he gives me a game i say, why did i buy this? anything he makes i at least want to try, i have never been upset with any of his games yet (fof1 is #2 all time spent playing behind cm3)
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 07:46 PM   #6
SackAttack
Head Coach

I would buy it anyway, simply to support Jim.

BUT.

I probably would not buy it right away without MP. With MP, it's harder to play the 'wait until I can actually AFFORD it" game.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 08:56 PM   #7
Dutch
"Dutch"

First of all, this poll is definately out there in left field. I mean, who puts a game up for sale with certain features and *forgets* to add them in until later????
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 04:28 AM   #8
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally posted by Dutch
First of all, this poll is definately out there in left field. I mean, who puts a game up for sale with certain features and *forgets* to add them in until later????

That is not the question. The question is if Jim had announced this game without multiplayer, would you buy the game.

And I'm a no.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 08:24 AM   #9
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Yep, I'm solo all the way. Although the idea of a FOFC league is quite intriguing. Note to self, make sure Quicksand is NOT in a league you join - if you ever do.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote