Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Which team should I use for the most challenging dynasty?
Army 9 21.43%
Idaho 7 16.67%
Navy 3 7.14%
Rice 2 4.76%
UTEP 7 16.67%
Wyoming 4 9.52%
Don't bother, just play with a trout in your rectum. 10 23.81%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2003, 09:00 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

My First Poll (Be Gentle)

Which of the above teams should I use for the most challenging NCAA Football 2004 dynasty.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 09:08 PM   #2
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
that trout is such a whore
Old 10-08-2003, 09:08 PM   #3
Axxon
Pro Starter

I don't know, I haven't bought the new game yet but the last answer is disturbing.

Don't bother, just play with a trout in your rectum.

You know, having one trout in your rectum would be disturbing but if you meant only one trout you'd have clearly said "just play with the trout in your rectum but you didn't.

You clearly said "play with a trout in your rectum" so this would indicate that there is more than one trout in your rectum and you should just choose one and play with it. That's even more disturbing than the original question, which was what again?

Last edited by Axxon : 10-08-2003 at 09:09 PM.
Axxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 09:12 PM   #4
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I'm currently doing my own dynasty with Navy, though I'm not on the hardest setting (baby steps, baby steps). We're currently 5-0 in my first season with an impending battle with Notre Dame on the horizon. Other than that, the schedule is an absolute piece of cake. Just because I'm currently playing them, I'm gonna pick someone else...
CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 09:18 PM   #5
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Axxon
I don't know, I haven't bought the new game yet but the last answer is disturbing.

Don't bother, just play with a trout in your rectum.

You know, having one trout in your rectum would be disturbing but if you meant only one trout you'd have clearly said "just play with the trout in your rectum but you didn't.

You clearly said "play with a trout in your rectum" so this would indicate that there is more than one trout in your rectum and you should just choose one and play with it. That's even more disturbing than the original question, which was what again?

D'oh. My secret is out.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:45 PM   #6
korme
Go Reds

im nmavy

it fun
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 09:58 PM   #7
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Well, I'm going to practice with Army and Navy tonight since they are the early leaders. Tomorrow, I will start a hopefully long dynasty with whatever team wins this poll.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:59 PM   #8
Primal
High School JV

New Mexico
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 10:09 PM   #9
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Since I'm a West Point alum, I took them from bottom to top in less than 5 years on the Heisman setting. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it, but the recruiting is pretty rough until you get your prestige high enough to attract blue-chippers. Also since I'm in El Paso, I'll throw a shout out to UTEP (they suck)
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 10:27 PM   #10
sooner333
College Starter

I'd say Army for the sole purpose of being in the toughest conference, and also not having a gimmick offense (like Rice and Navy).
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 10:30 PM   #11
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I've been practicing with each for a few minutes, and I'm embarassed to admit I didn't know Army ran a spread offense. I find it fairly easy to run as the QB's accuracy is not bad at all. Then again, I'm practicing against Purdue which I feel has a solid but not great defense. Navy's QB is surprisingly quick making the option a breeze to run. Maybe, I need some sliders to jack up the difficulty
Old 10-08-2003, 11:26 PM   #12
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Well, I take back everything I said in my previous post about Navy being easy to use. In practice, it is easy to run the QB #11 quite a bit, and he is very fast. However, I've found that during a game against Purdue (play now mode) that he gets winded real quick in a real game. Furthermore, he is the only really good offensive weapon they start with, but he is not that accurate of a thrower. I lost 34-0. This could be my team, but I will wait for the results of the poll before I decide. I will now try Army in an actual game against Purdue.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 10-08-2003 at 11:27 PM.
Old 10-09-2003, 12:18 AM   #13
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Double Dola Post -

I take back everything I said about Army against Purdue as well. In practice, the QB looked great. In my first short game against them, he was 10-34 for 94 yards. We lost 28-6. The good thing about Army is that the defense seems a bit better then Navy. However, the QB is not as good at least as far as this video game goes. He is just as poor a passer, and he doesn't have as much speed. Although Army's WR's seem a bit better too. Well, Army has the lead in the poll and I'm going to start a Dynasty with them tonight, but will start a new dynasty with the winner of the poll tomorrow if it is not Army.
Old 10-09-2003, 12:36 AM   #14
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Have you thought of bringing a 1-AA team into a BCS conference. That would probably make for quite the challange considering they make Army and Troy State look like NFL teams.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 01:23 AM   #15
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by Raiders Army
Also since I'm in El Paso, I'll throw a shout out to UTEP (they suck)

Man, after all this time the first time I see you ever mention UTEP you rip them. Of course, they do suck, but they've won two in a row for the first time in three years, so go easy on them...

Man, I can't wait for basketball season...

Go Miners!!!!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 01:23 AM   #16
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

That is a thought for the future, if this challenge becomes too easy. Right now though, it looks like whoever wins this poll is going to be plenty of challenging enough for my skill level. Playing around these last few games with Army and Navy has been eye opening for me. I'm glad this game is fun again as the challenge is back
Old 10-09-2003, 09:08 PM   #17
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Jeebs,

Man, I cannot tell you how bad it is here. People come to the home games just to see Carson Palmer's brother (who must've gotten the short end of the stick on football genes). Also, I'd like to say that Army sucks also
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 09:46 PM   #18
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Well, Army won the poll and I've started a season with them, and I am enjoying them immensely as I have to try really hard to win against equally inferior teams. I'm trying my hand at writing a dynasty about this team which hopefully isn't too terribly written. Anyway, thanks to all who voted or gave suggestions.
Old 10-10-2003, 01:14 AM   #19
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by Raiders Army
Jeebs,

Man, I cannot tell you how bad it is here. People come to the home games just to see Carson Palmer's brother (who must've gotten the short end of the stick on football genes). Also, I'd like to say that Army sucks also

Hey, the kid is just a freshman. It took Carson till his senior year to put together a good year. Give him some time. And he's already light years ahead of Duarte and Cruz...

I was at the game last Saturday here in Dallas against SMU. It's the first time I've seen UTEP win in person since 1997 (the famous game against BYU). A great time was had by all (well, except for those silly SMU fans)...

Old 10-10-2003, 01:18 AM   #20
mckerney
Coordinator

Even better than some lameass UTEP win:

Tomorrow night, the battle of the #13 and #19 teams in the country, at the worst stadium in college football, and I will be there to watch what (will by long odds but hopefully be), a Gopher victory to move to 7-0, and maybe, just maybe, their first trip to the top 10 in a long while.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 01:45 AM   #21
JeeberD
General Manager

Minnesota beat UTEP in the NCAA Tournament back in I think 1990. I have never forgiven those damn Gophers...

Old 10-10-2003, 09:35 AM   #22
Leonidas
College Benchwarmer

Army, Navy, and Rice are not real challenging. They all have good academics, which is almost an unfair advantage in this game. I got Rice to the title game in 6 years and Army to it in 7. Seems to me UTEP might be tough. For a real challenge, even with good academics, try Duke. That's going to be my next one. Vanderbilt is another one I haven't tried yet but am considering.
Old 10-10-2003, 10:25 AM   #23
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Leonidas
Army, Navy, and Rice are not real challenging. They all have good academics, which is almost an unfair advantage in this game. I got Rice to the title game in 6 years and Army to it in 7. Seems to me UTEP might be tough. For a real challenge, even with good academics, try Duke. That's going to be my next one. Vanderbilt is another one I haven't tried yet but am considering.

We are talking about NCAA Football on the PS2. As far as I know, academics doesn't have much or anything to do with recruiting. Did you think we were talking about TCY (in which case I would definitely agree with you.) Or is there some hidden academic recruiting factor in NCAA Football?
Old 10-10-2003, 11:05 AM   #24
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by JeeberD
Minnesota beat UTEP in the NCAA Tournament back in I think 1990. I have never forgiven those damn Gophers...

While, depending on what year it is, this may have never happened according to the NCAA, so you can feel better.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 12:49 PM   #25
JeeberD
General Manager

Just double checked and it was in fact during the 89-90 season, so that probably stands. Their accomplisments were only stripped during the Bobby Jackson years, right? Like the mid-nineties?