Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-07-2003, 01:00 AM   #1
JeeberD
General Manager

Smile So are they going to name the kid John?

I guess they went with Dwight instead, but John would have been much more appropriate...

And if I remember the story correctly, this is how bbor was born too!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pregnancy Surprise: Baby Born In Family's Toilet

Wheelchair-Bound Mother Says Something Didn't Feel Right

CINCINNATI -- Amber Roth thought she was unable to have more children, but she learned otherwise Saturday morning when her new son dropped into her family's toilet.

Roth didn't know she was pregnant, even after a visit to the doctor several months ago. Her doctor suspected she was pre-menopausal, so he took her off birth control

Roth, who was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis 16 years ago, uses a wheelchair and is mostly numb from the waist down. In the weeks following the diagnosis, she continued to feel like something wasn't right, WLWT Eyewitness News 5's Raegan Butler reported.

"My clothes were getting tighter," she said. "My belly was sore and also my back."

At 6:15 a.m. Saturday, the mystery was solved, and Roth received the surprise of a lifetime.

"I was going from the toilet to my chair and ended up on the floor," she said. "Then I heard these gurgling noises."

Her husband, Thomas Roth, came to the rescue.

"I noticed in the toilet, there was something in there," he said. "I said, 'Oh my God! There's a baby in there! I can't believe it!"

Thomas Roth called 911 as he held the 2-pound, 8-ounce boy in his arms. The crying infant was clearly audible on a tape of the call to 911.

Roth: "She dropped a baby in our toilet. I pulled it out and it's alive."

911 Operator: "But you got the baby out of the toilet?"

Roth: "Yeah, yeah. Hear it?"

By Sunday evening, Amber Roth was home from the hospital.

"I think I was in a total state of shock," she said.

"I couldn't believe what I was seeing," added Thomas Roth. "It was like seeing something out of a movie."

Family members said they consider the unique delivery a miracle, a blessing and everything in between. The icing on the cake for Thomas Roth is that another male Roth may possibly carry on the family name.

"There's only been me as the only boy," he said. "I had no way of carrying on the name, and now the name goes on."

Dwight Thomas Roth Jr. is doing well, according to his doctors, but he will need to stay at Children's Hospital for about three months, Butler reported.

Stay tuned to WLWT Eyewitness News 5 and ChannelCincinnati.com for updates.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 01:59 AM   #2
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

That's just...

I have no responses....

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote