Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-22-2003, 10:30 PM   #1
Radii
Head Coach

Go Giants

The Chicago Cubs are now tied for first in the National League Central.

How optimistic a Cub fan am I? I have already purchased tickets to the Braves divisional playoff series, knowing full well that I have no interest in going to the games if anyone but the Cubs are playing the Braves. I feel that my optimism will be rewarded by the baseball gods. You can all thank me when the Cubs pull this out and win the Central.

Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 10:37 PM   #2
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Silly question, but what happens if they win the wild card through some fluke (i.e. Houston pulls their heads out of their rectums, Philly and Montreal dismantle each other, and the Cubs blow by the two of them)?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 11:16 PM   #3
Radii
Head Coach

Right Now, Atlanta is one game better than San Francisco. If Atlanta has the best record in the NL and the Cubs are the wild card, the Cubs play the Braves and I am still a happy camper.

The only way that the Cubs can make the playoffs, but not play the Braves, would be for Florida/Philly to beat each other up, houston to win enough to hold on to the Central, and at the same time, for the Giants to win enough and the Braves to lose enough for the Giants to have the best record in the national league. This seems pretty unlikely, espicially considering the fact that Houston and the Giants are playing right now, so if Houston wins enough to win the division, they probably have knocked the Giants down a notch...

If the Cubs go to the playoffs but play the Giants, I am still ecstatic as a Cubs fan, but I will have thrown away $180 on my tickets, and will just hope the Braves win or lose in 3 or 4 games so I can get a refund on my game 5 tickets

I'm such a selfish bastard.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:17 PM   #4
Radii
Head Coach

Dola, the Cubs would also play the Giants if the Cubs win the Central, and the Astros win the wild card, and the Braves have the best record in the NL.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:23 AM   #5
JeeberD
General Manager

Re: Go Giants

Quote:
Originally posted by Radii
Go Giants

I wanted to include a whole lot more angry faces but kept getting this stupid message...

Quote:
You have included too many images in your signature or in your previous post. Please go back and correct the problem and then continue again.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

Last edited by JeeberD : 09-23-2003 at 12:25 AM.
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 06:30 AM   #6
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Re: Go Giants

Quote:
Originally posted by Radii
The Chicago Cubs are now tied for first in the National League Central.

How optimistic a Cub fan am I? I have already purchased tickets to the Braves divisional playoff series, knowing full well that I have no interest in going to the games if anyone but the Cubs are playing the Braves. I feel that my optimism will be rewarded by the baseball gods. You can all thank me when the Cubs pull this out and win the Central.

Radii... surely you have learned by now that you could have waited till the day of the game to get those tickets to the playoffs.. Thats what I always used to do
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 07:29 AM   #7
cuervo72
Head Coach

Re: Re: Go Giants

Quote:
Originally posted by JeeberD

I wanted to include a whole lot more angry faces but kept getting this stupid message...

I've gotten that message before...
Old 09-23-2003, 08:43 AM   #8
Radii
Head Coach

Re: Re: Go Giants

Quote:
Originally posted by Alan T
Radii... surely you have learned by now that you could have waited till the day of the game to get those tickets to the playoffs.. Thats what I always used to do

Oh, I know it's not going to be a sellout, but I wanted to go ahead and get decent seats.