Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-20-2003, 06:09 PM   #1
cheese
n00b

PING: John Galt

Hi, I saw in the Espn nfl football thread that you mainly play coach mode, so i was wondering, if its not too much trouble, could you give me the settings you use? i ask because im having trouble deciding how many minutes to play, and what needs to be adjusted in terms of sliders. also, how many minutes do you use when simming games in a season, because 15 seems to produce unrealistic results. thanks

cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 06:20 PM   #2
John Galt
Pro Starter

Sorry for the slow reply.

I'm not at home, but these are my settings as I remember them:

Sim: 6 minute quarters
Play: 9 minute quarters (10 also works depending on slowly you select plays)
All penalties are maxed
I start with All-Pro settings and then increase tackling and running for Human and CPU by 3 or 4 clicks. I decrease kicking for both as well. I'm still trying to refine the settings, but that is the ballpark I'm looking at right now.
Old 10-05-2003, 06:46 PM   #3
cheese
n00b

Hey, thanks for the sliders, they seem pretty good, but i was wondering if you've noticed anything off with the running game? i ask because it seems that with 4 clicks for each the computer and human, the computer dominates the running, while the human running game is a little low. maybe i haven't played enough, have you noticed anything? thanks
Old 10-06-2003, 03:09 PM   #4
cheese
n00b

bump, for john galt to see
Old 10-06-2003, 03:24 PM   #5
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by cheese
Hey, thanks for the sliders, they seem pretty good, but i was wondering if you've noticed anything off with the running game? i ask because it seems that with 4 clicks for each the computer and human, the computer dominates the running, while the human running game is a little low. maybe i haven't played enough, have you noticed anything? thanks

Sorry for the delay - I was on vacation and didn't see the re-bump.

I usually play the Steelers (with Bettis traded) and have not been able to mount the running game I would like, but I always assumed it was Amos's fault. I still do pretty well in the game so I've been loathe to give myself another advantage, but maybe I'll try bumping up the running and decreasing some passing sliders.

As for the computer game, I usually control it pretty well, but then gain, maybe it has something to do with the 3-4 defense. There have been a couple games where they just ran me over (Holmes got 150+ against me), but that seemed pretty realistic. Other games, I've managed to shutdown the running game and the computer shifted to more passing- again, pretty realistic.

It may be that a universal set of sliders doesn't work because of differences in defenses 3-4, but it may also be that the Steelers have a really good defense against the run. If you change the sliders and finds something that works better, let me know.