Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-20-2003, 08:05 AM   #1
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Giants fan shoots Dodgers Fan

And they say Boston vs Yankees or Cubs vs Cardinals is the most heated rivalry!

Police: Dodgers Fan Shot

LOS ANGELES -- A Los Angeles Dodgers fan was shot and killed by a San Francisco Giants fan following a dispute in the parking lot after Friday night's game, police said.

"Apparently we have multiple suspects who are Giants fans who got into an argument with a Dodger fan," police spokeswoman Adriana Sanchez said. "One of the suspects shot the Dodger fan and then fled the location."

The victim, who was not identified, was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead, Sanchez said. He was shot in the torso about 10 p.m. as people were leaving the game, which the Giants won 6-4.

Police searched the sprawling Dodger Stadium parking lot in the hills north of downtown late into the evening.

Last edited by Alan T : 09-20-2003 at 08:06 AM.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 08:38 AM   #2
vulcan
In The Penalty Box

This is really sad. These people are complete idiots.
vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 10:55 AM   #3
rexallllsc
Banned

Let me tell ya...the rivalry is pretty one-sided. Dodger fans could really care less about a team that hasn't won anything.
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 11:25 AM   #4
SackAttack
Head Coach

'multiple suspects who are giants fans who got into an argument with a Dodger fan'

because it takes six of them to handle one of us.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 11:28 AM   #5
SackAttack
Head Coach

dola - a couple things bother me about this.

1) the implication is that the shooting happened after they left the stadium, but before they got to their cars. which means the Giants fan carried the gun into the stadium. How the hell did that slip past security?

2) okay, let's say it was in the car, and he drove up to the guy and shot him. how did nobody get the suspect's license plate #? Anybody who's ever tried to leave the Dodger parking lot after a Friday night game KNOWS that unless you're one of the first out of the stadium, or parked on the ends of the aisles near the main thoroughfare, you ain't gettin' anywhere for at least 30-45 minutes.
Old 09-20-2003, 12:00 PM   #6
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Another option would be that gun was retrieved from a car andused, and the suspect fleed the scene on foot.

Or number 2 could work, getting a license plate number would mean that Dodger fans would have to be able to read.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 12:56 PM   #7
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by rexallllsc
Let me tell ya...the rivalry is pretty one-sided. Dodger fans could really care less about a team that hasn't won anything.

Yes I completely understand the frontrunning Dodger fans abandoning their team cause they have had a rough stretch.

I might have to agree with this being one sided. Giant fans HATE the dodgers and some giant fans Dodger fans. Dodger fans on the other hand can't even be bothered to care about their own team to show up on time, and watch an entire game. I love Dodger stadium, and every time I go it is the same thing. The dodger fans that do show up before the end of the third inning are gone by the end of the sixth. You Dodger fans dont care cause you got no passion.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 01:26 PM   #8
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Glengoyne
Yes I completely understand the frontrunning Dodger fans abandoning their team cause they have had a rough stretch.

I might have to agree with this being one sided. Giant fans HATE the dodgers and some giant fans Dodger fans. Dodger fans on the other hand can't even be bothered to care about their own team to show up on time, and watch an entire game. I love Dodger stadium, and every time I go it is the same thing. The dodger fans that do show up before the end of the third inning are gone by the end of the sixth. You Dodger fans dont care cause you got no passion.

You know, it really bothers me that people say this. Let's look at the statistics.

San Fran Giants
Seasons in SF: 45

Attendance
Seasons over MLB average: 13 (29%)
Total Attendance: 66,711,047

LA Dodgers
Seasons in LA: 45

Attendance
Seasons over MLB average: 45 (100%)
Total Attendance: 119,836,896

---

So yeah, Dodger fans are weak, despite surpassing the MLB average EVERY YEAR since they moved to LA (not even the Yankees have come close w/ 85,704,597).

Neeeeexxxxt

Last edited by rexallllsc : 09-20-2003 at 01:26 PM.
Old 09-20-2003, 01:56 PM   #9
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20030920/D7TM9BUO0.html

"LOS ANGELES (AP) - Three people were arrested Saturday in the death of a Los Angeles Dodgers fan who was shot during a stadium parking lot dispute after attending a Dodgers-Giants game, police said.

A police spokeswoman said late Friday that the fight was between feuding fans and that the shooter was rooting for the San Francisco Giants. But police said Saturday they were still investigating the motive and that it was unclear whether baseball was the issue."
Old 09-20-2003, 01:58 PM   #10
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

How big is Dodger stadium with regard to the league average? How about when you compare it with the population base it draws from?

This reminds me of how Yankee fans brag about their sellouts. Any team could sell out a stadium with a 20 million person base to draw from. A sellout in Milwaukee or Minnesota or Kansas City equates to something like 200K in Yankee Stadium. When you manage that feat, call me.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 02:25 PM   #11
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by sterlingice
How big is Dodger stadium with regard to the league average? How about when you compare it with the population base it draws from?

This reminds me of how Yankee fans brag about their sellouts. Any team could sell out a stadium with a 20 million person base to draw from. A sellout in Milwaukee or Minnesota or Kansas City equates to something like 200K in Yankee Stadium. When you manage that feat, call me.

SI

Well if you want to go that far, we'd have to start factoring in all kinds of things.

The point is, the claims of Dodger fans sucking are baseless.

Giants = never won squat
Old 09-20-2003, 02:28 PM   #12
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Giants = never won squat

Which pretty much accounts for the whole jealously thing.
Old 09-20-2003, 02:32 PM   #13
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You know, it really bothers me that people say this. Let's look at the statistics.

San Fran Giants
Seasons in SF: 45

Attendance
Seasons over MLB average: 13 (29%)
Total Attendance: 66,711,047

LA Dodgers
Seasons in LA: 45

Attendance
Seasons over MLB average: 45 (100%)
Total Attendance: 119,836,896

---

So yeah, Dodger fans are weak, despite surpassing the MLB average EVERY YEAR since they moved to LA (not even the Yankees have come close w/ 85,704,597).

Neeeeexxxxt

Big Freaking deal. So people buy the tickets. My point was that when you go to a game there, the place is empty for the first and last innings. My point wasn't that the fans didn't come out. It was that they weren't baseball fans. They are frontruners with the coin to buy season tickets as a sort of social experience. They usually experience the third, fourth, fifth, sixth innings. About the time to order a Dodger Dog and a brew. Face it. You know it is the truth. You may be a fan, but for the most part your peers suck.

As far as "never won nothing" Where you been the last 12 years?
Old 09-20-2003, 02:51 PM   #14
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Glengoyne As far as "never won nothing"

Los Angeles Dodgers
9 World Series Appearances
5 World Championships

San Francisco Giants
3 World Series Appearances
0 World Championships

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/history/postseason/mlb_ws.jsp?feature=nl_clubs
Old 09-20-2003, 04:15 PM   #15
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Are we not counting the NY and Brooklyn years?
Old 09-20-2003, 04:29 PM   #16
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Reminds me of here. Ottawa has intense rivalries with Toronto and Montreal. Toronto and Montreal, meanwhile, have an intense rivalry with each other.
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 05:41 PM   #17
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

All that I can tell you is the most popular baseball phrase ever uttered is "The Giants win the pennant!!! The Giants win the pennant!!!"
Old 09-20-2003, 06:49 PM   #18
SackAttack
Head Coach

Because "The Giants win the World Series!" is kinda up there with "The Cubs win the World Series!" or "The Red Sox win the World Series!"

You're not gonna hear any of those three in your lifetime.
Old 09-20-2003, 06:58 PM   #19
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Why dig up the past, I think what counts right now, in the year 2003, is that it currently says: San Francisco Giants, defending NL champions; Los Angeles Dodgers, defending NL wannabes
Old 09-20-2003, 08:07 PM   #20
SackAttack
Head Coach

Yeah, but all 'defending NL champions' means at this point is 'couldn't hold either a 3 games to 2 lead, or a lead in what would have been the decisive 6th game against a team that had LITERALLY never won squat.'

So, uh...defending NL cha-er, chokers?
Old 09-20-2003, 08:17 PM   #21
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by EagleFan
Why dig up the past, I think what counts right now, in the year 2003, is that it currently says: San Francisco Giants, defending NL champions; Los Angeles Dodgers, defending NL wannabes
What I think is great is this post is one away from the says:
Quote:
Originally posted by EagleFan All that I can tell you is the most popular baseball phrase ever uttered is "The Giants win the pennant!!! The Giants win the pennant!!!"
So, uhhh, which'll it be?

As far as Dodgers fans or LA fans, in general, I think the whole myth of "coming in the 3rd and leaving in the 8th" is partially true. As is the fact that many are frontrunners (you would NOT believe how many Lakers flags/pennants started appearing around the playoff a few years ago). There are those who does either or both of that.

Of course, if you're going to make that particular assumption for all Dodgers or LA sports fans based on them, then should we go ahead and assume that everyone who supports Philadelphia sports are assholes, anyone who supports Cleveland sports are dunken dipshits, all who supports New York sports obnoxious fucks and those who supports Boston Red Sox bitter dumbasses? I kinda think that'd be idiotic to do.

Personally, I think a big part of why there isn't an "intense rivalry" on the part of Dodgers fans is just the nature of the fan base. The average LA sports fans just don't seem to live-and-die by their team(s) as fans from other areas do. If the Lakers or Dodgers win or lose, then they (the team) does and they (the fans) are excited by it. If the team doesn't, they (the fans) are upset about it . . . then move on to other things. One of the things that has been said is that there are so many other things to do and focus on. That is a possibility.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 08:53 PM   #22
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Points to the scoreboard, or in this case the NL standings, and leaves this thread to all the Dodger fans grasping at straws.
Old 09-20-2003, 09:50 PM   #23
SFL Cat
College Starter

Californians
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 10:19 PM   #24
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by SFL Cat
Californians

Says the guy from South Florida .. j/k.

The majority of people don't even care about the local sports teams down there. Marlins still don't draw, even though they seem to have the edge for the wildcard. Nobody goes to the Heat games anymore.

Hell, I almost don't blame them. If I had 85 degree weather every day, combined with lots of other fun stuff to do, I'm not sure how loyal I'd be.

I'm going to say that us NorthEasterners are by far the most dedicated sports fans. We take some crap now and then for being "too negative", but the bottom line is we'll always tune in or show up (for the most part).
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 10:39 PM   #25
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Philliesfan980
Says the guy from South Florida .. j/k.

The majority of people don't even care about the local sports teams down there. Marlins still don't draw, even though they seem to have the edge for the wildcard. Nobody goes to the Heat games anymore.

Hell, I almost don't blame them. If I had 85 degree weather every day, combined with lots of other fun stuff to do, I'm not sure how loyal I'd be.

I'm going to say that us NorthEasterners are by far the most dedicated sports fans. We take some crap now and then for being "too negative", but the bottom line is we'll always tune in or show up (for the most part).

Having lived in apathetic sports towns in the South and Southwest as well as living now in the NorthEast.... my opinion is the south gets much more into college sports than the Northeast does (with the exception of some schools with basketball and college hockey..) The Northeast seems to get far more into their pro teams than the south do.. You hear all about the lack of selling out pro sporting events in the south, but you hear nothing about them filling 80-100K seat stadiums week after week for college football. Alternatively, the Northeast doesnt even know college football exists sometimes it seems..
Old 09-20-2003, 11:05 PM   #26
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Points to the scoreboard, or in this case the NL standings, and leaves this thread to all the Dodger fans grasping at straws.
Ironic that one moment you say Dodgers fans don't care, then the next you say they are grasping at straws.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 06:31 AM   #27
Vince
Pro Starter

I think the whole point is moot...generalizing groups of fans to say they don't care is ridiculous to any degree. One of my best friends here in Santa Barbara is a die-hard Dodger fan. The day after the world series ended, he put a giant picture of Scott Spiezio as my wallpaper on my computer. He HATES the Giants as much as it is possible to hate any team in sports. While I don't carry my hatred of the Dodgers to quite that level (I'd personally rather see the Dodgers win the wildcard, then get absolutely abused in the NLCS by the Giants), I despise them more than any other sports team.

There are fans, and then there are fans. To generalize a whole team's following as one or another thing is ridiculous because you know that right now, there are SOME Milwaukee Brewer fans...and if the Brewers get really good in a few years, and acquire a bandwagon-ish following...those few people were there from the beginning.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 11:53 AM   #28
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by Vince
To generalize a whole team's following as one or another thing is ridiculous because you know that right now, there are SOME Milwaukee Brewer fans...and if the Brewers get really good in a few years, and acquire a bandwagon-ish following...those few people were there from the beginning.

The Milwaukee Brewers? really good? Okay, spill.

What are you smoking....and where can I get some?
Old 09-21-2003, 12:05 PM   #29
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by daedalus
Ironic that one moment you say Dodgers fans don't care, then the next you say they are grasping at straws.

Actually I don't think I said they don't care about the Dodgers winning. You can care about their win loss record while you look in the paper a few times a week. I said that a large percentage of Dodger fans are apathetic towards baseball. I say they don't care enough to sit through a whole game.

I too know fantastic Dodger fans. They usually duck me when the Giants are rolling, and call me on the phone when the Giants are down. That is OK. I do the same for them, although it has been a hell of a long time since I have had to duck any Dodger fans.

This whole thing started when some dodger fan said that the rivalry is one sided. I merely pointed out that, if that was the case, it was becuase Dodger fans can't even care enough about their team to arrive at a game on time, and stay the duration. While ALL of my evidence to that effect is anecdotal and based on my personal experience, None of them have denied it. Inside they know it is the case.
Old 09-21-2003, 08:29 PM   #30
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
This whole thing started when some dodger fan said that the rivalry is one sided. I merely pointed out that, if that was the case, it was becuase Dodger fans can't even care enough about their team to arrive at a game on time, and stay the duration. While ALL of my evidence to that effect is anecdotal and based on my personal experience, None of them have denied it. Inside they know it is the case.

Bullshit. The Los Angeles freeways, in case you hadn't noticed, aren't exactly the most user-friendly in the world, and the parking lots, while spacious, are sometimes too much so.

When you have 40-50k showing up every night, and you want a beer or a Dodger dog before you take your seat, yeah, it might be the 3rd inning before the park looks like it's anywhere close to full.

Don't let your eyes deceive you. A large part of that is people trying to park without hitting the pedestrians walking up to the Stadium, walking from sometimes way out in the boonies to get to the gate, finding their seat, etc.

I'd imagine it's like that in quite a few places, especially if you have walk-up ticket sales.

As for leaving in the 7th...see the freeway situation. Dodger Stadium, as much of a snarl as it is to get IN to the park, can be even worse getting OUT. It's fairly routine to wait for 30 minutes to an hour, and even more, depending on where you're parked.

Why? There's no clearly marked lanes coming out, so everybody kind of makes their own, and eventually merges onto the one thoroughfare. I'm frankly not surprised that families with small children might leave early to try and avoid that, especially since five nights a week are, you know, SCHOOL nights.

Check out a game sometime when Gagne has a chance to pitch. I guarantee you anybody leaving the park when he comes through those gates is probably a fan of the team that's about to lose.
Old 09-21-2003, 08:48 PM   #31
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by Alan T
Having lived in apathetic sports towns in the South and Southwest as well as living now in the NorthEast.... my opinion is the south gets much more into college sports than the Northeast does (with the exception of some schools with basketball and college hockey..) The Northeast seems to get far more into their pro teams than the south do.. You hear all about the lack of selling out pro sporting events in the south, but you hear nothing about them filling 80-100K seat stadiums week after week for college football. Alternatively, the Northeast doesnt even know college football exists sometimes it seems..

Good analysis. I was thinking about this again last week as we were driving around NY State and New England. In the 7 states of that region (NE plus NY), Syracuse is the biggest college team (in football and perhaps hoops). Boston College would be a distant second and Army draws nationally as oppose to regionally. That's it.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 09:08 PM   #32
Sublime
High School JV

Quote:
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Good analysis. I was thinking about this again last week as we were driving around NY State and New England. In the 7 states of that region (NE plus NY), Syracuse is the biggest college team (in football and perhaps hoops). Boston College would be a distant second and Army draws nationally as oppose to regionally. That's it.

If your talking about football and basketball, I agree whole-heartedly, but it seems as though hockey is very good draw up here. BC, BU, UNH, Maine, etc. Granted the draws are no where near footballs, just wanted to point out us N'Easterners do care atleast somewhat about college sports. I agree that we do care more for our pro's however.
Sublime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 09:11 PM   #33
JeffNights
College Prospect

I'm just waiting for one of you to shoot each other in this very damn thread.....

seeing this now it is very easy to see how such a thing could happen.

ITS BASEBALL, not a war.
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 09:32 PM   #34
SackAttack
Head Coach

*shoots JeffNights for his blasphemy*
Old 09-21-2003, 10:50 PM   #35
Sharpieman
Greatly Missed. (7/11/84-06/12/05)

SackAttack, I think your just way too jealous, and your a sore loser. Right now, the Giants basically dropped the Dodgers out of the wild card race in the last series. All I have to say is, the Giants are going to the playoffs and the Dodgers are sitting at home for the winter...now let me take the time to laugh at you hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 09-21-2003, 10:57 PM   #36
SackAttack
Head Coach

Keep laughing. We've still won more World Series in the last fifteen years than the Giants have in half a century.

Hope the laughter feels good.

And no, I don't really consider 2.5 back with 8 to play "season ended."

We'll see who has the last laugh, as it were.
Old 09-21-2003, 11:01 PM   #37
Sharpieman

The laughter does feel good, thank you, and yes the dodgers season is all but over, even if they make the playoffs, I might have to play the Giants, and that will be a joke. I actually hope the dodgers make it, so the Giants can beat the hell out of them on national tv.
Old 09-22-2003, 12:14 AM   #38
MrBug708
Head Coach

Poor, Poor Sharpieman

He doesn't know what it's like to win it all
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 03:05 AM   #39
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharpieman
The laughter does feel good, thank you, and yes the dodgers season is all but over, even if they make the playoffs, I might have to play the Giants, and that will be a joke. I actually hope the dodgers make it, so the Giants can beat the hell out of them on national tv.

You mean like when the Giants "beat the hell out of" the Angels?

hhaaaaaaaaaa
Old 09-22-2003, 04:31 PM   #40
Sharpieman

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBug708
Poor, Poor Sharpieman

He doesn't know what it's like to win it all

I may not know what it's like to win it all in baseball, but I do in football, 5 times if I recall correctly.
Sharpieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 04:35 PM   #41
Sharpieman

Quote:
You mean like when the Giants "beat the hell out of" the Angels?

hhaaaaaaaaaa

Kudos to the Angels, they did slip by and beat the Giants. The AL will win the world series this year, just because they have home field advantage, thats what sucks about baseball. But I was never talking about the Angels, I was talking about another team thats going to sit at home and watch the Giants in the playoffs.
Old 09-22-2003, 04:42 PM   #42
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
I may not know what it's like to win it all in baseball, but I do in football, 5 times if I recall correctly.

Funny, I don't remember anybody mentioning football.

Changing the subject...could it be an inferiority complex?
Old 09-22-2003, 04:44 PM   #43
Sharpieman

Why would any Giants fan feel inferior to dodgers fans? As I said before the Dodgers aren't playoffs. Enough said.
Old 09-22-2003, 05:34 PM   #44
Vince
Pro Starter

Sharpieman...I'd let this one die. I'm a huge Giants/49ers fan as well, and living in southern California (I go to school down here) I've learned a couple of things.

#1 - If a Dodger fan wants to pull the 'success in CA' card, you're screwed...give it up. There's nothing we can say to contradict this, and even though logic dictates that recently we have the better team, and they should therefore not talk shit...this argument is irrefutable.

In my opinion, though, this is like a buddy of yours giving you shit about the fat chick you don't remember hooking up with in college 15 years ago when you were drunk as all hell. It's old news...let it die.

#2 - No matter how good the Giants were last year, no matter how close we were, no matter what, the majority of Dodger fans think that our last season was a reason for them to be happy, because of our 'misfortune.' Making it to Game 7 of the World Series isn't a great achievement to these types of people,** and they will make fun of Giants fans for it, even though as painful as it is to lose, making it to Game 7 is no small feat.

#3 - It's ok to cry every time you hear the name Scott Spezio, but only as long as there are no Dodger fans around.

** - I'm not trying to say people on this board feel the same way (though you might)...I don't like to generalize, but in my experience, Dodger fans look at last year as a negative thing for the Giants, which I think is ridiculous. And I don't really believe #3...
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.

Last edited by Vince : 09-22-2003 at 05:36 PM.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 06:00 PM   #45
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by SackAttack
Bullshit. The Los Angeles freeways, in case you hadn't noticed, aren't exactly the most user-friendly in the world, and the parking lots, while spacious, are sometimes too much so.

When you have 40-50k showing up every night, and you want a beer or a Dodger dog before you take your seat, yeah, it might be the 3rd inning before the park looks like it's anywhere close to full.

Don't let your eyes deceive you. A large part of that is people trying to park without hitting the pedestrians walking up to the Stadium, walking from sometimes way out in the boonies to get to the gate, finding their seat, etc.

I'd imagine it's like that in quite a few places, especially if you have walk-up ticket sales.

As for leaving in the 7th...see the freeway situation. Dodger Stadium, as much of a snarl as it is to get IN to the park, can be even worse getting OUT. It's fairly routine to wait for 30 minutes to an hour, and even more, depending on where you're parked.

Why? There's no clearly marked lanes coming out, so everybody kind of makes their own, and eventually merges onto the one thoroughfare. I'm frankly not surprised that families with small children might leave early to try and avoid that, especially since five nights a week are, you know, SCHOOL nights.

Check out a game sometime when Gagne has a chance to pitch. I guarantee you anybody leaving the park when he comes through those gates is probably a fan of the team that's about to lose.

This is pretty funny. I have never had another poster so succinctly make my point than right here. I understand it clearly now. Dodger fans arrive late and leave early because of the traffic. That makes it perfectly understandable, no other stadiums have traffic problems.

You do know that the other name for 'Pac Bell' Park is
'No Place to' Park?

Candlestick was no better. I have been stuck in the parking lot there for close to two hours after a game. I still didn't leave early.

In my experiences with parking at Dodger Stadium at about a dozen games ranging from mid week to Friday/Saturday evening, I found the place wonderfully set up. I was usually out on the Freeway within a few minutes of getting in my car. Then again that was always after the ninth inning, and by that time the Dodger fans had pretty well cleared out.
Old 09-22-2003, 06:16 PM   #46
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Wait... your stadiums have parking lots?

go figure.. we dont have those up here..

Old 09-22-2003, 10:27 PM   #47
MikeVic
Head Coach

Wow. Crazy fans...
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 09:00 PM   #48
Sharpieman

Quote:
Originally posted by SackAttack
Keep laughing. We've still won more World Series in the last fifteen years than the Giants have in half a century.

Hope the laughter feels good.

And no, I don't really consider 2.5 back with 8 to play "season ended."

We'll see who has the last laugh, as it were.

Dodgers season ended yesterday!!! hahahahhahahaha
Old 09-26-2003, 09:15 PM   #49
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Brutal! I mean true, but brutal.

Oh and as an update. The guy they want for this lives here in Fresno. Oh and also I believe after everything was fleshed out the thread title should read Giant fan shoots Giants fan.

I hesitate to point out, that since that shot was fired after the game, it wasn't very likely it would actually hit a Dodger fan.

I hesitated, but I didn't stop.

Last edited by Glengoyne : 09-27-2003 at 02:05 AM.
Old 09-27-2003, 12:16 AM   #50
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

Yeah, well, Giants will be joining us soon enough, so we can always delay our golf reservations so that Barry can join the foursome. A week should be plenty, right?