Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-14-2003, 02:11 PM   #1
MIJB#19
Coordinator

"St. Louis #28 Faulk injured on the play"

Following the games through play-by-play reports on NFL.com, I saw this come along after Faulk ran for 33(?)yd.
Play-by-plays don't have additional info on injuries, so, my question is: does anyone have resources to more info?

MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 02:13 PM   #2
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
3-1-SF2 (6:43) M.Faulk right guard for 2 yards, TOUCHDOWN
nevermind, I guess...
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 02:24 PM   #3
Vince
Pro Starter

Eye contusion...he went into the lockerroom after the TD run. I don't know anything else...
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 02:32 PM   #4
Vince
Pro Starter

Dola...Faulk isn't on the field now that the Rams have the ball back. Lamar Gordon is in the backfield for St. Louis.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 09-14-2003, 02:38 PM   #5
Vince
Pro Starter

And with the double dola, Faulk is back in the game again. No mention of his injury, other than 'Great catch by a guy with blurry vision' from the commentators.
Old 09-14-2003, 03:35 PM   #6
pjstp20
High School Varsity

I didn't watch the game so I don't know how long Faulk was out, but 11 carries? Martz trully is an arrogant bastard.
pjstp20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 04:36 PM   #7
Vince
Pro Starter

pj - while I don't disagree about Martz, 11 carries is par for the course for Faulk. He never really gets a huge number of carries.
Old 09-14-2003, 05:39 PM   #8
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Entering this season, Faulk averaged 17 carries per game for the Rams in the last four seasons. Adding receptions, he touched the ball on average 22.5 times per game during the last four seasons.

That includes 4 games he played last year when he did not start and a handful of other games where he didn't play at the end because the game was over.

I was with everyone else in 1999 that was ready to name Mike Martz the offensive genius of the century. However, it is becoming increasingly clear from this perspective that he is often unwilling to adjust his game plan when it isn't working, is often out-of-touch with his players and is not as creative as he originally seemed. Martz's assistant Al Saunders has proven to be much more creative running the Chiefs attack and I think Vermeil may have been underrated in his contributions to that Super Bowl team.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 11:11 PM   #9
tucker342
Pro Starter

Mike Martz sucks! if I were him, Faulk would be getting about 25 carries, and about 5 receptions, AT LEAST!!!
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 07:08 AM   #10
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

The Rams are 18-0 when Faulk touches the ball 30+ times.

What does Martz do to start the game? Three straight passes in a row! UGH!!

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote