Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-12-2003, 07:31 AM   #1
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

FSU/Miami on Monday Night Football Starting Next Year

This is probably a good move, although on a personal level, I've always viewed the game on the 1st or 2nd weekend of October as being the unofficial beginning of our great weather in Tally, so I won't have that to look forward to.

FSU, Miami open ACC on Labor Day
By Jack Corcoran
DEMOCRAT STAFF WRITER

The unofficial end of summer will mark the beginning of something special for Florida State and Miami in 2004.

The Hurricanes will make their debut in the Atlantic Coast Conference on Labor Day next September, hosting FSU in prime time for a nationally televised game. The longtime rivals will play on the holiday again in 2005, opening the season at Doak Campbell Stadium.

ABC made the announcement with the schools Thursday, although the agreement had been expected for weeks.

"Despite the existing and long-standing national appeal of this rivalry, it rises to a new level as a conference game between two of college football's most successful programs," FSU athletic director Dave Hart said.

FSU and Miami will meet on Sept.6, 2004 and Sept.5, 2005. Both games will begin at 8 p.m. The Seminoles will have the following week off in both seasons.

"Monday night football has become an American institution and the University of Miami is elated and proud to be a part of it," athletic director Paul Dee said.

In their last nonconference meeting, FSU hosts Miami on Oct.11. The Hurricanes have won the last three meetings.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote