Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-18-2003, 07:58 AM   #1
Hijinx
Mascot

TCY WTF? (recruiting)

having played TCY obsessively for quite some time now, I know there's years when you're just going to have an off year recruiting no matter what, but...

I'm playing a dynasty where I've picked up the Oklahoma job in 2050+, and it's a major rebuilding job. I am getting to the point where I can win 8-9 games comfortably, and my recruiting classes are made up mostly of one or two guys in the top 100, a handful in the 200-300 range and the most rest from the top 1000 with a couple of guys that maybe weren't ranked.

Then, in one season, I picked up a commit around week 8 and got dissed by every single recruit I offered until around week 13. my recruiting class that year is one guy ranked around 184 (the first commit, a fullback), a quarterback ranked around 900, and a bunch of guys that would normally be walk on candidates. I didn't offer a full class, because it'd be a waste of scholarships - but I couldn't sign a class of only two players, either.

ouch! Anyone else had that kind of year? I'm hoping it doesn't derail the rebuilding project that's been moving along nicely.

Hijinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 09:54 AM   #2
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

How were the congeniality ratings of your coordinators? I found out the hard way during my current TCY career that it makes more of a difference than I had realized. I'd gotten my team to the point where I didn't need to sign anyone with an SAT below 1300 or so, so I stopped worrying about having enough coaching blocks to go around with so many smart players, so I stopped being concerned about Congeniality. After back-to-back recruiting seasons like the ones you just described (and this was with a team with Prestige around 90 and Academic ratings in the high 80's to high 90's), I got new coordinators with solid congeniality ratings, and my recruit classes went back up to where they had been.
Old 08-18-2003, 11:39 AM   #3
Grego
Mascot

Hijinx (or anyone else that may know), is it impossible to improve the academic rating of a team you switch to , as it is with an original team after dozen years or so?
Grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 12:02 PM   #4
Hijinx
Mascot

I have to admit that I don't follow the academic overall rating *that* closely, but I've had the academic ratings of my teams improve overall in each of my last 3 dynasty games...

but I'm a real stickler for recruiting kids with good grades - I have better luck developing lower ranked guys who only need study time below 15 as opposed to the guys that need a lot of study time.

Skydog, my coordinators' congeniality rating is middle of the road... I don't expect to sign a bunch of world beating classes, but this one was so out of the range of any other class that I've signed, ever - two guys in the top 1000. I've wondered how much congeniality effects recruiting, anyone have a firm idea about this?