Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-12-2003, 05:37 PM   #1
bbor
Pro Starter

Managerzone opens hockey sim!

I play their soccer(football) game now.It is pretty good...not as good as hattrick....but amuzing none the less

ManagerZone Hockey - a new game!
The wait is over. Pre-registration for hockey is finally here. On the 18th of August we will launch ManagerZone Hockey which is a separate game, much like ManagerZone Football. It is fully integrated with ManagerZone Football and you can easily manage teams in both sports if you want to.

We have staged the release as we need to fit certain schedules in with the football season. That is, we want both seasons to run in parallell. It is also for us to gage the load that our servers will require depending on the sign ups. Certain adjustments will be made over a period of time.

On the 18th you will be able to register your team. In countries where there is a cost to register for football you should expect a cost for hockey as well, should you choose to sign up and get a team. You will not be able to play matches immediately. This is a pre-registration.

On September 1st the simulator will be activated and you will be able to set your tactics as well as to start playing friendlies. Until then you can just check out your players.

The weekend of the 5th of October the actual ManagerZone league will start. During the period leading up to this you can expect that more enhancements will be made. We will also listen for feature requests to improve the game as a whole. Expect updates to be made quite frequently during this period. The features compared to Football are similar but all might not be there at once. If they are not they will most likely be added during the month of September.

When you register makes a difference as far as where you end up in the divisions. The first eight teams to register in your country makes top division and then it moves down. So if you are interested in a top spot we suggest you are alert for the release on the 18th. We are not giving an exact time to anybody to make it fair for everybody.

If you already have a team in ManagerZone Football, the best way to sign up is to log in and click on my information.
There you will find instructions on how to extend your user with another sport. You don't have to fill out a new application form. Assigning teams in different sports have many advantages. I.e. you can change sport with a simple click without having to log out. You use the same login, email and mobilephone to both sports, your MZ-Account is shared for both teams.

We want to stress that ManagerZone Hockey will be updated frequently until the start of the real season in October. We expect heavy feedback and will do our best in making updates to improve the game for all users. You can expect big improvements in the simulator during this time as well.

We are of course very excited to offer ManagerZone Hockey and we hope you will enjoy it as much as ManagerZone Football is enjoyed today!

ManagerZone Management
link

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.

bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 06:03 PM   #2
JeeberD
General Manager

Hockey?

How fun would it be to beat you at that?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 06:04 PM   #3
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

interesting
BreizhManu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 06:22 PM   #4
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by JeeberD
Hockey?

How fun would it be to beat you at that?

It would give the rubber a whole new meaning

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
Old 08-12-2003, 06:44 PM   #5
Vince
Pro Starter

So hey, what's the US's country code? I was going to sign up, but I don't know what our country code is. Do we even have one, or is our area code sufficient?

This seems like one of those things I should already know.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 07:00 PM   #6
daedalus
Pro Rookie

I don't remember having to put in area code when I registered, Vince. If I remember right, I think they grabbed it from our IP and what nots.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 12:44 PM   #7
Karim
College Starter

It sounds like they're using a promotion/relegation system for hockey as well. Should be interesting... I've never signed up for any on-line/multiplayer game/league so we'll see how this goes...
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 01:23 PM   #8
samifan24
Pro Starter

If anybody goes ahead and signs up, I for one would be interested in reading your comments/impressions.
Old 08-13-2003, 01:34 PM   #9
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Well, since bbor is sure to sign up, I'll probably be signing up too (damn). We'll try to see what we can find out when we get in.
Old 08-13-2003, 01:35 PM   #10
JeeberD
General Manager

Just signed up. Looks like we have to wait almost a week before we can sign up for hockey though, right?

Old 08-13-2003, 01:57 PM   #11
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Just signed up. Looks like we have to wait almost a week before we can sign up for hockey though, right?

Well, their press release said they were launching the hockey sim on the 18th, so that should be about right. You signed up for the soccer sim and then you'll play the hockey sim?

I tried my logon and password from the soccer yesterday night and it's still valid. I had not logged on since about April... Seems like my soccer team doesn't miss me too much, it's team page said that the team had won their last two competition games

FM
Old 08-13-2003, 02:08 PM   #12
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

The soccer version was bad enough, so I don't have high hopes for the hockey version.
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 02:11 PM   #13
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

I disliked the whole "pay to play any meaningfull" games aspect of it too. Plus, the interface...it took about 3 minutes+, literally, to change screens for me. That is, if it even swapped screens & I didn't get dropped. Took me all of 2 log-ins like that before I forever voted it off the island.
damnMikeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 01:38 PM   #14
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Has anyone managed to sign up for ManagerZone Hockey yet? I just tried but got a bunch of errors when I clicked on the "My Information" tab like instructed. When I tried clicking on the "register here for hockey" button I got a password box that I couldn't get past.

Anyone had any luck?
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 01:48 PM   #15
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Well, after a few more attempts I was able to get to "My Information" correctly and it is now telling me that my application is complete, "assigning new team, please hold for a few minutes".

Not sure what that means, but I'm hoping it means online hockey management goodness ASAP!
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Old 08-18-2003, 02:05 PM   #16
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I'm in! Sweet sweet sweet!

And a doube-dola to boot, oh happy day!
Old 08-18-2003, 02:05 PM   #17
JeeberD
General Manager

Doh! The entire site is down right now...

Old 08-18-2003, 02:09 PM   #18
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

It must be getting hit hard... if I keep trying I can sometimes get to a page, but it takes like 10 attempts each. Still, I need to change the name of my team... Birsay? I don't think so!
Old 08-18-2003, 02:16 PM   #19
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Team Info:

Name: Winnipeg Jets
Series: Div 1.2

Old 08-18-2003, 02:17 PM   #20
JeeberD
General Manager

Finally got in. Trying to get my hockey team as we speak...

Old 08-18-2003, 02:36 PM   #21
JeeberD
General Manager

Argh!!!!!!!!

I finally got in but now I can't get into "My Information"! Stupid piece of crap game!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-18-2003, 02:56 PM   #22
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Argh!!!!!!!!

I finally got in but now I can't get into "My Information"! Stupid piece of crap game!!!!!!!!!!

So far, it's quite similar to their soccer management game, from what I see from here

FM
Old 08-18-2003, 03:10 PM   #23
JeeberD
General Manager

I finally got into My Information, clicked on the Get your hockey team link, and then it crashed again...

I'm never going to get my damn team...

Old 08-18-2003, 04:07 PM   #24
JeeberD
General Manager

Woohoo!

Denton Oilers
Div 1.3
USA

Old 08-18-2003, 04:45 PM   #25
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

An Oriant Stars
Elite Division
France

so far the only french registered...

Last edited by BreizhManu : 08-18-2003 at 05:01 PM.
Old 08-18-2003, 08:05 PM   #26
JeeberD
General Manager

Hmmmm, we need an FOFC Friendly League once it will let us start one....

Old 08-19-2003, 01:19 AM   #27
Karim
College Starter

Calgary Flames
Division 2.9

The interface is really slow. I dislike the player overview - hard to get a grasp on who's good and what positions they play. I searched for a coach in each class level and not one was returned. I don't know what's up with that.

I'll probably check back periodically but most likely just let it ride...
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 09:43 AM   #28
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

My team hasn't been created yet for some reason. As far as coaches go, if it is like their soccer game, they will email you in a few days if they are interested.
Nyarlahotep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 09:56 AM   #29
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Ya, I can't believe how slow it is. Is this how ManagerZone has always been for soccer, or are they just getting hit extra hard right now?
Old 08-19-2003, 10:51 AM   #30
bbor
Pro Starter

I'm pretty sure the site speed has something to do with getting the hockey sim online.It was never this slow in the past...it was'nt the fastest site in the world..ever...but never this slow.

Still...for an online hockey league...I will sit and wait

Old 08-19-2003, 11:28 AM   #31
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Cocoa Beach Div3.11 United States
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 11:47 AM   #32
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by bbor
I'm pretty sure the site speed has something to do with getting the hockey sim online.It was never this slow in the past...it was'nt the fastest site in the world..ever...but never this slow

yes, looks like there are a few bugs since the hockey sim is online, hopefully everything il be ok in a few days.
Old 08-19-2003, 12:53 PM   #33
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by bbor
I'm pretty sure the site speed has something to do with getting the hockey sim online.It was never this slow in the past...it was'nt the fastest site in the world..ever...but never this slow.

Still...for an online hockey league...I will sit and wait

What's you team, bbor? I want you to be my first friendly once we're able to schedule them...

Old 08-19-2003, 04:24 PM   #34
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Signed up for a . . . hockey game (Blue Springs (11885) of Div3.14) while watching team C-eh-N-eh-D-eh in Little League World Series. It feels . . . so wrong.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:36 PM   #35
JeeberD
General Manager

Looks like matche are up and running now. Get your tactics set and lets play some games!!!

Old 09-03-2003, 03:13 PM   #36
JeeberD
General Manager

Does anybody know how to issue challenges? I already had a couple fo people challenge me and I accepted them, but I don't know how to issue them myself...