Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-12-2003, 12:48 PM   #1
thirdandlong
Mascot

getting a hold of Solecismic

I am such a Loser.

Last week I ordered FoF 4, and have been railing about, as I have yet to receive it. I have sent follow up emails to [email protected], but haven't gotten a response. I am thinking it might not be an account that is actually checked by a human, as it is used in their order confirmation process.

In any case as I am cursing this shoddy organisation, wondering what the HELL is going on, I open up my credit card statement. I discover that I have been $30 over my limit for the past two weeks. But I paid them......... well I at least wrote the check...... OK I asked my wife to write the check.......Doh!! Well in any case my FoF order doesn't show up on my statement, and I fear it was rejected. I am in serious need of a football fix here, and want to ask them to resubmit my order. The deal is I can't find any contact information on their site.

Anyone help me out here?

thirdandlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 12:55 PM   #2
Bee
Pro Starter

try support AT solecismic.com
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 01:07 PM   #3
thirdandlong
Mascot

Doh! Thanks a bunch. I can't believe that didn't occur to me.
Old 08-13-2003, 05:34 PM   #4
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Ouch. I thought Ethan did okay on that one - replied about 15 hours after the first email came in, looking at the trail.

Sales and support go to the same place, and everything gets read. Ethan forwards to me the non-obvious for a comment before responding, so you can trust that you always get the most informed response.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 07:27 PM   #5
thirdandlong
Mascot

Oh He got back to me in proper fashion. No trouble at all. hehe I sent the email late AM/early PM....I didn't see a response at noonish...... I was fearing another dreadful week without the game so I posted here to try and contact you.

Oh and I just re-read my original post, and although I think it is clear I would like to say that I don't think you run a Shoddy organisation there.

The delay was entirely my wifes fault. I can say that because there is NO chance of her ever seeing this post.
Old 08-13-2003, 07:39 PM   #6
mrskippy
Banned

You trusted your wife to write the check and order the game for you. Rule of thumb, never trust the wife to purchase a product for a man. More important, never give the wife the checkbook. Or a credit card. And I'm not even married.

One more reason why Jim needs to go eLicense with this. And one reason, why your better off just cracking out the old debit card on the Net.

All this crap about using your card on the Internet is moot. Every major retailer now uses the Internet to process your transaction. Case in point, one day the Internet connection at Best Buy went down. The store couldn't process any transactions. For the most party, the local store uses the same or similar encryption technology as most e-tailers. The chance of getting your info swiped is equal at both.
mrskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 09:36 PM   #7
SnowMan
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by mrskippy
You trusted your wife to write the check and order the game for you. Rule of thumb, never trust the wife to purchase a product for a man. More important, never give the wife the checkbook. Or a credit card. And I'm not even married.

I wonder why?
SnowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 09:40 PM   #8
Philliesfan980
Banned

Mr Skippy;

Actually, I got some fraudulant activities via a internet purchase one time. I still use e-transactions all the time, so its not a big deal. But NEVER, NEVER, NEVER (I repeat) NEVER use your debit card on the net. Basically its like signing a check and then giving it to someone. If someone gets into your checking acount through your debit card (although the chances are VERY remote, I give you that), you'll be sorry. Maybe your bank has fraud protection , but I know mine doesn't. If someone steals my mac card and knows my pin, its my fault.

At least with a credit card, at least a reputable one, you have fraud protection on it. You simply call up the credit card company and "dispute" the charge. They'll investigate, see that there's no paper trail of you signing for a package or whatever, and your free.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 09:51 PM   #9
mrskippy
Banned

Well, if you use your debit card like a credit card it isn't a problem. Besides my bank has fraud protection. The moment I see an unauthorized charge (and I have) all I do is call the bank, they cancel the card and issue a new one. The unauthorized charge wasn't a theft thing. I had signed up for the MLB.com services. I cancelled. However, they kept billing me over and over again, even after I asked them to stop. So the bank put a halt to it real quick.

As I said, if you use your ATM Visa/MasterCard Check Card at the store, you run the same risks. Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Target, and most others use the Internet to process credit card/ATM (and even check) transactions. Next time you go to one of those cash machines, listen carefully and you'll hear the lovely sounds of a dial-up modem.

Heck, Best Buy even got in hot water because they were using wireless Internet to transmit data from the registers to a central server in the store. I believe they stopped, once someone showed how easy it would be for someone to sit in the parking lot and intercept transactions ... since wireless isn't very secure.
mrskippy is offline   Reply With Quote